Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Are these Players Thick?

Read 1131 times
      Boot
      • Forum Ian St John
      • Started Topic

• 438 posts |
      Are these Players Thick?
      Nov 28, 2008 03:52:46 pm
      Rafa is a tactition.  If he feels that you are not suited against a particular team or he doesn't have a position for the formation we are using, or your not peforming, you won't get in the side.

Why do the players not understand this. Benayoun, Pennant, Crouch, Babel, Agger, etc stop bitching about not being picked. 

Benayoun knew there was a chance he wouldn't be first choice so why do you get upset when your not being picked?

albertared
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 330 posts | 11 
      Re: Are these Players Thick?
      Reply #1: Nov 28, 2008 11:31:14 pm
      Rafa is a tactition.  If he feels that you are not suited against a particular team or he doesn't have a position for the formation we are using, or your not peforming, you won't get in the side.

Why do the players not understand this. Benayoun, Pennant, Crouch, Babel, Agger, etc stop bitching about not being picked. 

Benayoun knew there was a chance he wouldn't be first choice so why do you get upset when your not being picked?

yeah i agree with you in general but...a couple of thoughts...

first, the players aren't necessarily bitcin' and whining, more likely their quotes are being taken out of context and blown up into an issue by the rags...

second, even if they are complaining, it has to be taken in context...what were they told by rafa et al when they first signed? possibly they were promosed a decent run in the side? or at least maybe that's what they thought.

don't get me wrong...i'm not arguing with your basic point, just suggesting that things are probably not quite as black or white as they seem on first glance.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Re: Are these Players Thick?
      Reply #2: Nov 29, 2008 11:44:00 am
      Good point Boot.

I refuse to believe Benayoun thought he was going to be fist name on the team sheet.

And actually if you look at the stats on the site you can see he has quite a bit of playing time under his belt for us this season so it's hardly like he isn't used.

All of these players - we're not playing great at the minute - so the simple answer is when you get your chance put in a top class performance and you might move up the pecking order.

Quick Reply