Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

We are top of the league!

Read 437697 times
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Re: We are top of the league!
      Reply #1794: Feb 06, 2019 11:25:13 am
      Not a chance even there own supporters say  will boo there own team. No chance of Everton getting anything
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #1795: Feb 06, 2019 11:31:04 am
      So wijandlum and hendo likely to miss Bournemouth game in latest reports. Frig how we always manage every season to get more injuries at this stage of the season. N we got a physio in from man city in the summer and he tells us gomez would be a six week absence and now needs surgery after that time has elapsed. Not a great physio if that's how he works
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1796: Feb 06, 2019 11:39:45 am
      Pep is banging on today that there are five teams in it including the Scum .

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47132885

Perhaps they didn't teach him maths at school in Catalunya.

13 games to go and Scum are 14 points behind us    62 v 48.

That means that they have to get a point a game more than us plus one for luck.

C'mon Pep. 

We moved from Catalunya in 2005 so our boys wouldn't learn a minority language ... Catalan.....spoken by only two million people.
      Seems we dodged a bullet on the maths front as well  !     ;D
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #1797: Feb 06, 2019 12:03:44 pm
      Come Sunday our league points will be extended..I have faith, I’m my manager & players..

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #1798: Feb 06, 2019 12:17:43 pm
      Come Sunday our league points will be extended..I have faith, I’m my manager & players..

I am Kloppicus
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,940 posts | 285 
      Reply #1799: Feb 06, 2019 12:19:48 pm
      I think we have missed Joe and Trent more than we realise

Without a doubt. 9 goals conceded since Joe was injured when we've only shipped 15 all season.
      Trent coming back will be a huge boost, as the gaping big hole at right back has been targetted in the last few games - as you would expect. The biggest detriment to the side however has been the lack of an attacking option on the right flank. We're predictably either trying to score the perfect goal by going through the middle, or waiting for Robbo to overlap which just ends up being a bit forced. Its no coincidence Mo performances have dipped by not having quick out balls from the back to turn/run onto. I wish Klopp had gambled with Hoever to provide cover for Trent. While I understand hes only 16, he didn't look out of place in the FA cup tie - far from it, he was MOTM, and would only be providing cover for 2 games in a season.
      Harrisimo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,407 posts | 1426 
      Reply #1800: Feb 06, 2019 12:35:19 pm
      There's little doubt that we are coming to a pivotal point in this campaign. City play Everton and I assume City have a sweet tooth and will munch the "Toffee's".

It is our own results that will define this season. Confidence has been dented by the last two results so we need a confidence boosting result against Bournemouth. We should go back to the tried and trusted midfield of Hendo,Gini and Milner if possible.

We have to take the bull by the horns and play with confidence. Start with battering B'mouth.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #1801: Feb 06, 2019 12:56:42 pm
      Yes but according to latest reports gini and wijandlum are not guna be fit. No news on trent or lovren. Could be same 11as started last Mon night😩
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,374 posts | 1030 
      Reply #1802: Feb 06, 2019 01:25:45 pm
      Yes but according to latest reports gini and wijandlum are not guna be fit. No news on trent or lovren. Could be same 11as started last Mon night😩
      Gini and Wijanldum? What about that Dutch lad we got from Newcastle, is he fit to play?
      PGlynn91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,601 posts | 295 
      • To win just once...
      Reply #1803: Feb 06, 2019 01:40:57 pm
      Enjoy this thread today while it lasts because Everton are going to bend over tonight!
      Robby The Z
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,038 posts | 2692 
      Reply #1804: Feb 06, 2019 01:42:57 pm
      Enjoy this thread today while it lasts because Everton are going to bend over tonight!

Just looking forward to it being re amed "We Are Champions." Until then...
      Lallana in Pyjamas
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,241 posts | 3495 
      Reply #1805: Feb 06, 2019 01:52:16 pm
      Seen this posted elsewhere

5 draws and 1 loss.
      5 draws and 1 loss.
      5 draws and 1 loss.

That is extremely good. You can look through the history of the league and you would be hard pressed to find a better stat at this point in the season.

And YET- for many that is not enough. Every season EVERY team goes through a slump and a dip in form- even City. That is just the laws of physics. You can't argue with it. You can't stop it- you can't bypass it, you can't "will" yourself over it. YOU WILL experience a drop in form. You can bang your head as hard as you can against a wall, but you will not get around that fact. Some will have it during December(like City) after a stellar start, some will experience it Jan/Feb, while others will experience it towards the end of the season(Spurs a couple of, or 3 seasons ago).
      It's about managing that and we're not doing badly- we're at least eking out draws in games we could have lost and Lady Luck is still with us(last night's offside).

But Liverpool FC- who are up against probably the best opponent in Premier League history.. Liverpool FC who's got a "lesser" squad, whose squad cost much less than their illustrious rivals are not supposed to have such a dip in form? Performing like a true champion, yet that is not enough?
      What- have some some of you gone mad!? You off your rockers!? You really think we're supposed to win every game?

Don't come here with sh*t like- "at least I want to see a performance!"
      You'd rather see us play well and draw, than NOT play well and still ....... draw? Bullshit- you're just emotional instead of exercising rational control and want to sh*t on anyone. A very selfish attitude.

You can look at the history of the premier league and I can guarantee you- you will find perhaps 2/3 teams that have done as well as we had thusfar- at this point in the season.
      But no- many of our supporters are so entitled- they want us to win every match. Are you f... .*.! :no

There is no bottling going on- there is only minor fatigue and injuries and that is common.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1806: Feb 06, 2019 02:00:47 pm

5 draws and 1 loss.
      5 draws and 1 loss.
      5 draws and 1 loss.

That is extremely good. You can look through the history of the league and you would be hard pressed to find a better stat at this point in the season.

And YET- for many that is not enough. Every season EVERY team goes through a slump and a dip in form- even City. That is just the laws of physics. You can't argue with it. You can't stop it- you can't bypass it, you can't "will" yourself over it. YOU WILL experience a drop in form. You can bang your head as hard as you can against a wall, but you will not get around that fact. Some will have it during December(like City) after a stellar start, some will experience it Jan/Feb, while others will experience it towards the end of the season(Spurs a couple of, or 3 seasons ago).
      It's about managing that and we're not doing badly- we're at least eking out draws in games we could have lost and Lady Luck is still with us(last night's offside).

But Liverpool FC- who are up against probably the best opponent in Premier League history.. Liverpool FC who's got a "lesser" squad, whose squad cost much less than their illustrious rivals are not supposed to have such a dip in form? Performing like a true champion, yet that is not enough?
      What- have some some of you gone mad!? You off your rockers!? You really think we're supposed to win every game?

You'd rather see us play well and draw, than NOT play well and still ....... draw? Bullshit- you're just emotional instead of exercising rational control and want to sh*t on anyone. A very selfish attitude.

You can look at the history of the premier league and I can guarantee you- you will find perhaps 2/3 teams that have done as well as we had thusfar- at this point in the season.
      But no- many of our supporters are so entitled- they want us to win every match. Are you f... .*.! :no

There is no bottling going on- there is only minor fatigue and injuries and that is common.

Mad isn't it.

Reading through threads, I've even seen people blaming the trip to Dubai, despite the fact that the benefits of warm weather training are very well understood and quantified by sports doctors, sports scientists, and coaches.

Barry from t'interweb strikes again.
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #1807: Feb 06, 2019 03:05:02 pm
      Gini and Wijanldum? What about that Dutch lad we got from Newcastle, is he fit to play?
      ;D or henderson even😂. I think the teams will be along the lines of Monday night. Maybe trent back and millie midfield
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #1808: Feb 06, 2019 03:05:34 pm

5 draws and 1 loss.
      5 draws and 1 loss.
      5 draws and 1 loss.

Mad isn't it.

Reading through threads, I've even seen people blaming the trip to Dubai, despite the fact that the benefits of warm weather training are very well understood and quantified by sports doctors, sports scientists, and coaches.

Barry from t'interweb strikes again.

City have 1 more point than us since teatime last Tuesday.

Lost one and won one.

We have drawn 2 in a row and are in freefall.

Obviously 🙄
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #1809: Feb 06, 2019 03:13:07 pm
      City have 1 more point than us since teatime last Tuesday.

Lost one and won one.

We have drawn 2 in a row and are in freefall.

Obviously 🙄

Which teams have City lost to this season?
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,991 posts | 3062 
      Reply #1810: Feb 06, 2019 03:15:36 pm
      Which teams have City lost to this season?

Chelsea
      Palace
      Leicester
      Toon
      waltonl4
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 37,690 posts | 7160 
      Reply #1811: Feb 06, 2019 03:18:37 pm
      Its incredibly unlikely that even if we have a storming last 10 league games we will pull away from city this is going to be won or lost by the odd point so maybe some need to think about a course of Valium .
      Just keep the faith realise we don't lose games very easily and although our form isn't great we are still top of the league and our form will improve.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,479 posts | 4595 
      Reply #1812: Feb 06, 2019 03:29:55 pm

Thanks mate, the Leicester & Palace result stand out, we took 4 points from 6 whilst city took 0..

Yeah we’re struggling alright..
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1813: Feb 06, 2019 03:30:28 pm
      ;D or henderson even😂. I think the teams will be along the lines of Monday night. Maybe trent back and millie midfield

We need one of Hendo or Gini back, give them a bloody injection or something, we have 10 days off after that match but we NEED a win.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,938 posts | 1480 
      Reply #1814: Feb 06, 2019 04:10:07 pm

How about Gini Van Wijanldum...? :D
      Or Starsky and hutch? Don't give up on us baby... Don't give up on us, I know We can still come through...
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #1815: Feb 06, 2019 04:11:30 pm
      Imagine just month ago we were 9 points clear now tonight city will go top and every Everton supporter will be cheering city to win. Imagine can't support there own team in bloody Feb cos there that fkn bitter...
      barney73
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 677 posts | 99 
      Reply #1816: Feb 06, 2019 04:12:30 pm
      How about Gini Van Wijanldum...? :D
      He out wijandlum spell on the sidelines.

Quick Reply