Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Liverpool get Real Madrid

Read 16451 times
      MsGerrard
      Re: Liverpool get Real Madrid
      Reply #115: Dec 22, 2008 12:42:07 am

But...........we haven't played it yet  ;) :laugh:
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #116: Dec 23, 2008 05:08:49 pm
      Hmmm ... everybody stopped talking about this match ... I think we have covered everything there is to talk about.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #117: Dec 23, 2008 05:17:52 pm
      Haha, just wait until it gets closer to the fixture, then I'm sure this thread will get going again!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,454 posts | 2846 
      Reply #118: Dec 23, 2008 07:05:56 pm
      I just think we have to forget about this match for a while and just concentrate on staying top of the league.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #119: Dec 23, 2008 07:28:49 pm
      Madrid struggled immensely against Valencia the other day on their home patch. Showing signs of improvement, but it's slow at the mo.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #120: Dec 24, 2008 09:47:20 pm
      Sorry in advance for going insane but I think it's justified :
      AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
      AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
      WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY YY????????????????

Second Leg at anfield 10th March
      I go to see The Killers in MEN Arena on that night, the tickets were like gold dust to get and they have a tour like every 2 years.
      They have another gig the night before but I can't make that one.
      I can't believe this. It is literally unbelievable :(
      There's still time to try and figure something out but I won't be able to go to both.
      AHHHHH HELPPPPPPPPP :(
      On the Upside, Post 200  ;D

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #121: Dec 24, 2008 10:58:09 pm
      AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HH NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I go to see The Killers in MEN Arena on that night, the tickets were like gold dust to get and they have a tour like every 2 years.
      There's still time to try and figure something out but I won't be able to go to both.

Get me your ticket and I'll go for you and tell you how it went ;D!
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #122: Dec 27, 2008 06:36:13 pm

Serves you right for going to see such tosh!

The Killers over LFC?
      Nah.

My advice, flog the tickets on ebay when it's sold out and get loads for them  :f_tongueincheek:
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #123: Dec 27, 2008 06:58:38 pm

Portable TV :D
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #124: Dec 28, 2008 12:39:47 am
      i can feel Rome in my blood, its coming to us.................... to our second home Rome, the place where it all started, the place where we will complete our hatrick

as far as Real are concerned, they will buy loads of new and expensive even good players, but that team never really has time to gell as they always swap players too often AND MANAGERS..... and as far as their pedigree is concerned..... i personally think ours is better because they won it 5 times when no english teams were competing in it, when it was easy to win ..... and when it was in its infancy
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #125: Dec 28, 2008 04:23:20 am
      Winning the champions league while beating Madrid, United and Chelsea would be a memory to keep!
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #126: Jan 05, 2009 05:28:02 pm
      ooh this is a mouth watering fixture!!! I just hope we can keep roben quiet on the right wing ! He's madrids best player at the moment ! btu im sure torres can hit past casillas .. I predict it will be a tale of two goalkeepers ! Pepe vs Iker ( which pepe will win)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #127: Jan 05, 2009 05:29:28 pm
      ooh this is a mouth watering fixture!!! I just hope we can keep roben quiet on the right wing ! He's madrids best player at the moment ! btu im sure torres can hit past casillas .. I predict it will be a tale of two goalkeepers ! Pepe vs Iker ( which pepe will win)

Reina is arguably the better of the two - he's extremely underrated is our Pepe.

Insua will keep Robben quiet, no problem - then Albert can give them a hard time down our left flank! ;)
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #128: Jan 05, 2009 05:31:08 pm
      I must agree, Robben has looked magical for Madrid this season. Much cleaner movement than Albert too not that i'm criticising Alby because he's been boss.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #129: Jan 05, 2009 05:32:25 pm
      I hope so cuz robben looks like the only real threat madrid can pose ! but he'll get some great saves out of pepe .. and yeah ppl actually think that cech and van der sar are better than.. what loosers!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #130: Jan 05, 2009 06:35:17 pm
      Taken from Wiki:

In new coach Juande Ramos's first game as Madrid manager Dudek was handed the start ahead of Casillas for Madrid's final Champions League group game against UEFA Cup and UEFA Super Cup winners Zenit St. Petersburg at the Bernabeu. In a match where Madrid's attacking play made headlines, Dudek made several fine saves and exuded an air of calm solidity and confidence, particularly on crosses, earning a clean sheet in the process. This performance earned glowing praise from Ramos, who highlighted the Polish goalkeeper's qualities and referred to him as a 'magnificent player'. With some noises being sounded out about Casillas's shaky form of late, there is a chance that Dudek could get yet more chances to play under Ramos this season.

Dudek's Real Madrid have been drawn against his former team Liverpool in the last 16 stage of this season's Champions League, and there is a chance that he might return to Anfield as an opposition player after vowing never to do so upon leaving Liverpool. The tie also sees another old-boy reunion for Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez, who played for and coached Madrid's youth team Castilla CF.

Didn't know about this, I'm sure it will be great for him to return to Anfield though.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,454 posts | 2846 
      Reply #131: Jan 05, 2009 07:41:20 pm
      Reina is arguably the better of the two - he's extremely underrated is our Pepe.

Don't agree.

Yes, Pepe has been great and the best keeper in England by a mile but Casillas' performances against Barcelona and Villareal were truly awesome and being honest Cassillas made saves that I don't think Reina could make.
      Bowlesy88
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 200 posts |
      Reply #132: Jan 06, 2009 02:31:59 am
      pepe is underated, hes got a more complete game to him, uses his feet well etc. casillas is better in say a one on one situation but id say pepe got more about him.

hes odd how he plays, hes one of this new sweeper keepers, u no they play further up feild, not limiting themselves to thier areas, obv. thats hos main "office" if u were but he still likes to come out

pepe and shay given tied for top keeper in the prem, with brad fridel not far behind.
      Naym
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #133: Jan 06, 2009 01:20:00 pm
      I am totally excited about this clash!!! This is how we do it man, kick ass against the best in the world. We'll probably wrap it up at the Bernabeau so it will just be a formality at Anfield.:-)
      Naym
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #134: Jan 06, 2009 01:26:05 pm
      I don't think Robben will be too much of a problem. The Prem brought out the worst in him where his temperament's concerned, so if the boys keep him tight, he'll be out of the game...trust me on this one  ;D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #135: Jan 06, 2009 02:10:14 pm
      Hope it will be two awesome games.
      shrey024
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      Reply #136: Jan 06, 2009 04:36:44 pm
      Hope it will be two awesome games.

Including the one at Anfield?
      I wish.

We haven't heard those chants/screams for quite a while, have we?
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #137: Jan 06, 2009 05:41:00 pm
      Don't agree.

Yes, Pepe has been great and the best keeper in England by a mile but Casillas' performances against Barcelona and Villareal were truly awesome and being honest Cassillas made saves that I don't think Reina could make.

Pepe made some brilliant saves in the Champions' League qualifiers against Liege. Also, I don't think Casillas could have made that save to stop Giggs' dipping volley.

Quick Reply