Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

5m + Lennon + O'Hara for Keane ?

Read 12989 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,397 posts | 2823 
      Re: 5m + Lennon + O'Hara for Keane ?
      Reply #69: Dec 20, 2008 07:32:52 pm
      well I have had a change of mind now, I just thought why not:
      Reina GK
      Arbeloa RB
      Carra CB
      Agger CB
      Insua LB
      Lennon RM
      Xabi CM
      Masch CM
      Riera LM
      Gerrard AM
      Torres FC

Bring babel on between 60-70 mins as he is a great impact player.

Now that's what I call a team.   ;D
      red kop
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 179 posts | -8 
      Reply #70: Dec 20, 2008 08:14:21 pm
      Trust in rafa he knows damn well whats he's doing ,success dnt come over night .keep your eyes on the game on sunday  . then you will know why we are called the mighty reds . trust me guys we have and got what it takes to win the league . you cannot change players every season its an individual effort and it takes heart and soul to get there . Our players are just discovering that now come sunday and we are going to witness just that . i think rafas doing a fantastic job mites , when  we played manure and beat them like we did also chelsea we dont need new players just yet . our players are building and finding on that belief, trust me we are going to win the league come may its all about belief and staying positive .1 game at a time .....come on u mighty red men lets live up to our name   
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #71: Dec 21, 2008 02:25:34 am
      I'm definately with you Mag. Vedder, have you even seen Insua play, by the sounds of it, its a no. He has never been made to look out of his depth by anyone. Look at when he played against City, some very pacey players and he handled himself very, very well.

The only reason why he isnt in the first team now is that he is very young (19) for someone to just walk into a top defensive line like ours. I will say this though, in one/two seasons he will be number 1 choice and make his mark as one of the best LB's this club will see.

You may say that Rafael for Scum is very young and has come into the first team but they have Gary Neville as their only RB right now. Because he is sh*t, Rafael has been given the shot.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #72: Dec 22, 2008 01:56:36 am
      I'm definately with you Mag. Vedder, have you even seen Insua play, by the sounds of it, its a no. He has never been made to look out of his depth by anyone. Look at when he played against City, some very pacey players and he handled himself very, very well.

The only reason why he isnt in the first team now is that he is very young (19) for someone to just walk into a top defensive line like ours. I will say this though, in one/two seasons he will be number 1 choice and make his mark as one of the best LB's this club will see.

You may say that Rafael for Scum is very young and has come into the first team but they have Gary Neville as their only RB right now. Because he is sh*t, Rafael has been given the shot.

:action-smiley-055: How do like those apples "genius" guess thats one more person thinks your wrong

::) couldn't resist
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #73: Dec 22, 2008 04:19:49 am
      Ahem, must admit, Vedder was right. Insua isn't up to standard from what i saw ::)

He IS a great player and dont tell me otherwise. He dazzled one of the best teams in England, meaning one of the best teams in the world. His delivery and running was top notch but for once, a left back who was defensively aware, made crucial interceptions and got stuck in.

3rd choice? Your having a laugh mate.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #74: Dec 22, 2008 01:41:56 pm
      Insua MUST play more games, be 1st choice after yesterday. Also I am prepared to give keane till end of season but would like lennon if we could. Keane was Brilliant against the arses yesterday, don't think rafa/sammy lee are convinced tho as he still got taken off. This will either start keane on a scoring run or do what he did after his brace against west brom, not score for ages. Hopefully scoring run, I know this goes against what I've said in the past, I think if Keane plays like that every week he will be worth the £20million we payed rather than a 20th of a pound.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #75: Dec 23, 2008 10:02:25 am
      Insua is still very much third choice left-back as it stands

He's defensively aware of had to do, didn't once look over his head against one of the best teams in the country and then in the second half, he kept Samir Nasri quiet.
      None of the goals we've conceded when he has played have been his fault, which is more than I can say about Dossena. I didn't see him mis-place a pass or give away the ball cheaply once.

He knows his job, he knows when to go forward, he can make decisions and he IS a great player!

If that makes him third choice over Dangerous Dossena and injury-prone Aurelio then  :mad: .
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #76: Dec 23, 2008 03:53:27 pm

I Like that, made me laugh!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #77: Jan 05, 2009 11:38:03 am
      About the Insua starting regularly at left back issue, i would love for him to play more games for us but he isn't experienced enough but soon should be if he carries on the way he currently is.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #78: Jan 05, 2009 01:07:36 pm
      About the Insua starting regularly at left back issue, I would love for him to play more games for us but he isn't experienced enough but soon should be if he carries on the way he currently is.

Stuff experience, he's good enough. He handled Arsenal, blitzed Newcastle, he is clearly good enough and miles better than the others.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #79: Jan 05, 2009 01:10:46 pm
      Insua doesn't make many or in fact any costly mistakes for a 19 year old lad. I like him alot
      Kopite09
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts |
      Reply #80: Jan 05, 2009 04:01:58 pm
      Insua doesn't make many or in fact any costly mistakes for a 19 year old lad. I like him alot
      i agree with you there mate insua is our best left back i no thats not sayin much but he is still only 19

Quick Reply