Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Liverpool FC to open an academy in India

Read 9135 times
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Re: Liverpool to open development centre in India
      Reply #23: Jun 09, 2009 12:29:40 pm
      Nice one LFCMau , spread the word like Rafa,s disciple.
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Reply #24: Jun 09, 2009 12:37:47 pm
      Cheers gareth!  :ernaehrung004: :action-smiley-031: I took pride in doing that, I cannot express the sense of satisfaction and happiness I felt while doing that (help spreading Liverpool's glory)  ;)
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #25: Jun 09, 2009 12:41:42 pm
      I have many friends from India. One of them, from Bangalore recently came to Mauritius and I gifted him a Red shirt, I mean Liverpool shirt. He actually did not know anything about the team etc..and I took pride and honor in telling him the Kops history. The other day he was saying he wore the shirt at his place and his mates thought that was a really cool shirt and what Liverpool & Anfield etc was? So, in turn he told them about this mighty club..I was so happy to contribute in a minute way, to enhance their knowledge about Liverpool and let people know about my favorite team!  :scarf:

well all this to say that Football is not a popular or important game in India, only Cricket is the craze. its actually a very good initiative to take this game there. Here, English football and premier league is a major thing! And I really mean M.A.J.O.R! Every little child knows about Rafa, Fowler, Owen,..ok and even Manure. Manure Liverpool share the most important supporters number, and then the other teams like Chelski, Arse-nal etc come later. When my friends from India come here, looking about the popularity of football (in general, but mostly English PM) they tell me "Oh, what is this thing about English Premier League, cricket is also a great game!".

This is really good that Liverpool has taken initiatives to create an ambiance of 'football festivity' and encourage a 'footballing environment', with even more supporters around the globe! This is so cool , viva Liverpool, Jai Ho!  :aaliverpool2xt1:  :aaliverpoolwz0:

YNWA!

u went to b'lore....I live there !
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      Reply #26: Jun 09, 2009 12:45:24 pm
      Nope sweetie, my friend from B'lore came here in December. I heard its a really beautiful place and kerala too. I think I will visit India in Jan with family! Actually I got many friends in India, cause my aunt, my mom's sis lives there!  :)
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #27: Jun 09, 2009 01:07:33 pm
      Nope sweetie, my friend from B'lore came here in December. I heard its a really beautiful place and kerala too. I think I will visit India in Jan with family! Actually I got many friends in India, cause my aunt, my mom's sis lives there!  :)

Oh sorry I did not read you're comment properly ...Kerala's really pretty but there is nothing much to do there , but Bangalore is green in certain area but in the city there are so many things to do ..so many shopping centres ,  nice restaurants and  many small thrift stores .....Bangalore is really cool  !
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      Reply #28: Jun 09, 2009 01:12:52 pm
      Its alright dear.  Hmmm I guess I will do some great shopping then!  :D Well a friend from kerala came last year and he was showing some pics there, really cool ones. I saw it on tv programs too and I found that place interesting.. In any way, if ever am coming, i will surely heed to Bangalore, Delhi, Kerala. Is Chennai the same place as Kerala? in the same state I mean.. ???
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #29: Jun 09, 2009 01:16:14 pm
      Its alright dear.  Hmmm I guess I will do some great shopping then!  :D Well a friend from kerala came last year and he was showing some pics there, really cool ones. I saw it on tv programs too and I found that place interesting.. In any way, if ever am coming, I will surely heed to Bangalore, Delhi, Kerala. Is Chennai the same place as Kerala? in the same state I mean.. ???

Nope ...Chennai is the the capital of Tamil Nadu ... it's diff state than kerala
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      Reply #30: Jun 09, 2009 01:23:04 pm
      Okay!  ;) Cheers!
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #31: Jun 09, 2009 07:46:35 pm
      viva Liverpool, Jai Ho!  :aaliverpool2xt1:  :aaliverpoolwz0:

YNWA!

i seconded that :)
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      Reply #32: Jun 09, 2009 07:55:55 pm
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,438 posts | 8656 
      Reply #33: Jun 09, 2009 08:40:40 pm
      Untapped. Its about time we do something productive both footballing wise and financially.

Hope something good does come from this. But I bet when the idea was being discussed I bet all they thought about was how many shirts they would be able to sell.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #34: Jun 09, 2009 08:42:44 pm
      Nice one there Mau!
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #35: Jun 09, 2009 10:17:32 pm
      Good to see Liverpool fc involved in development of the game in a country like India,I know absolutely zilch about India but with a huge population and their cricketing prowess this has to be a step in the right direction for the sport and the people
      arvindram
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 616 posts | 11 
      Reply #36: Jun 10, 2009 12:48:51 am
      I've played football at University level in South Africa, India and England. Well while tactically and technically overall india is not a gold mine for talented players, you do have one or two gems there.

With the population size over there and from I have seen, we could end up surprisingly getting some really good talent from there. But lets wait and see...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #37: Jun 10, 2009 07:33:54 am
      Hope something good does come from this. But I bet when the idea was being discussed I bet all they thought about was how many shirts they would be able to sell.

Anything helps at this stage i suppose.

My guess is that their priority will be to establish Liverpool as a brand name first while trying to bring up youth development so they can introduce football to Indians and then really kick on from there.

If so, i wouldnt mind. I mean, look at what Asia has provided Scum/Madrid etc.
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      Reply #38: Jun 10, 2009 12:37:35 pm
      I've played football at University level in South Africa, India and England. Well while tactically and technically overall india is not a gold mine for talented players, you do have one or two gems there.

With the population size over there and from I have seen, we could end up surprisingly getting some really good talent from there. But lets wait and see...

I think there is no big talent in terms of football there because actually people do not really take interest in football. it is not well and widely practiced.. but what is feel is that they could be great supporters in terms of passion for their team.

I can only say Well done Liverpool  :soccer_h4h: (spreading the glory of the team and also showing the way to million others!)
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      Reply #39: Jun 10, 2009 12:38:31 pm

My pleasure really Gow!  ;)
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #40: Jun 10, 2009 02:04:55 pm
      Man. Why not China? Would be better choice. Then Liverpool can play some kind of Kung Fu football.
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      Reply #41: Jun 10, 2009 02:21:37 pm
      Man. Why not China? Would be better choice. Then Liverpool can play some kind of Kung Fu football.

Kung Fu Football

:laugh:
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Liverpool FC to open an academy in India
      Reply #42: Aug 22, 2011 04:30:54 pm

Liverpool to open academy in Delhi

Moushumi Bora, TNN Aug 20, 2011, 01.40am IST

NEW DELHI: Here's something for Premiership fans to look forward to. Liverpool FC is planning something more meaningful than promoting merchandise in the growing Indian market.

The much-storied British club is planning a football academy in the heart of the capital.

According to information shared exclusively with TOI, the school will be set up in association with the club's former midfielder Steve McMahon, better known to Indian football fans as a forthright pundit on sports channels.

"I've seen some fanatical support among Indian fans and that gave me the idea. I approached Liverpool FC, and they were very keen. We are very excited about the project," McMahon told TOI on phone from Singapore.

As part of the plan, club legend Ian Rush will join McMahon in launching the project next week. TOI has also learnt that the project will involve a close tie-up with various schools of the Capital.

The hard-tackling 1980s Liverpool legend once famously said he would kick his own brother if it were necessary. Remind him, and he unapologetically whispers, "I would kick him twice." It is this kind of passion and aggression that he hopes to instill in Indian boys who are interested in learning the tricks of the trade.

"I understood from the feedback I had received that football is very popular in India. It is a first-time venture and we have plans to cover other parts of Asia. But right now, our focus is on Delhi and India," he told TOI.

McMahon also revealed that India could soon see a Liverpool team visiting in the near future. "In two to three years, the club may visit India. It is a huge market, a market to explore and it is in Liverpool's interest to set up a base in India."

The Delhi project comes close on the heels of his academy in Cana Bednaulim, Goa. Announcement of the tie-up with Churchill Brothers was made last February. Liverpool also has a development centre in Pune.

McMahon, who won three league championships and two FA Cups in his five glory years at Liverpool, believes that his old club has the resources to sneak back into the Champions League. "It is a better squad, a stronger one and there are high expectations. The mood at Anfield is very positive. They have a great chance to get back into Europe's elite. Manchester United are still favourites for the title," he said.

http://articles.timesofindia.indiatimes.com/2011-08-20/top-stories/29908731_1_liverpool-fc-anfield-football-academy
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Re: Liverpool FC to open an academy in India
      Reply #43: Aug 23, 2011 05:27:44 am
      A Liverpool Academy in my own city,this is gonna be great.Maybe a bit too late for me but my kid is surely getting into it.
      Arrie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,763 posts | 64 
      • Being safe is risky nowadays.
      Reply #44: Aug 23, 2011 05:40:50 am
      Here is Some info.

Jeremy LFC Has been selected as a Regional Co-ordinator in India By Liverpool FC.

As is Said We're Good Friends. He wont lie on that. Perfect Fit Really.
      QuicoGalante
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,509 posts | 120 
      • Uruguay 2030
      Reply #45: Aug 24, 2011 12:10:37 am
      Sounds like a good idea, not only in terms of enhancing Liverpool's brand name worldwide but also at improving football in the world's second most populous state.
      I dont believe this has anything to do with producing talent. Its purely marketing oriented.
      Why on earth not build an academy in Argentina or  Brazil or Uruguay just to get started. Those 3 countries are the largest exporters of players in the world...by far.

Quick Reply