Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 16th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W12 D1 L3

Dropping sponsor this April?

Read 15229 times
      remy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Re: Dropping sponsor this April?
      Reply #46: Jan 23, 2009 06:20:40 pm

just hope it happens
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #47: Jan 23, 2009 06:24:17 pm
      ^^^^

That shirt looks wonderful, very fitting and respectful, I really hope this could happen. Joined the Facebook group, it's up to nearly 4,300 members now!

Hope the ball keeps rolling!
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #48: Jan 23, 2009 06:41:57 pm
      Still bit unsure!!! am already on FB next step is........
      remy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #49: Jan 23, 2009 06:57:32 pm
      http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/group.php?gid=46247304278
      hope this link works
      once you join dont forget to invite all in your friends box .
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #50: Jan 23, 2009 07:22:54 pm
      Sam, Remy thanks got there eventually Phew.

:embarassed:     Joey the Dinosaur.    :embarassed:
      redsamba82
      • Forum Youth Player

• 15 posts | -4 
      Reply #51: Jan 23, 2009 09:12:27 pm
      first of all F**k the fa,we should definitly bring some kind of shirt out in memory for the 96,and am sure carlsberg would understand the situation of being missing on a liverpool top for a few games YNWA JFT96
      MsGerrard
      Reply #52: Jan 23, 2009 10:00:45 pm
      Something like this would be boss.  On what reasonable grounds could the FA block that? None.   3500+ on that facey group now.

That looks absolutely fantastic.............ju st hope it takes off, that would be boss that would.

Good Luck with it all.

You have my full support.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #53: Jan 24, 2009 04:29:38 am
      Moved it before me JD.

Good point samdoddsred. I think this notion should be spread all over the place. And I'm sure Carlsberg could be convinced too - I would be only too happy to spread the good word of Carlsberg's understanding and compassion.

As JD mentions though, the FA will certainly have something to say about it. But I can't see why they would have any problem with the same thing that AFC Liverpool already display on their shirts, just for one game.

It would be a show of remembrance.

I think the FA will have issues with it because they are implicated in that sad incident. good idea.
      countyroadred26
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #54: Jan 24, 2009 09:49:41 am
      The shirt looks fantastic , hopefully the fa will allow us to do it as i cant see a long term sponsor like carlsberg saying no . I prefare this idea over us wearing the 89 strip as its more original and our idea because you know the mancs will spark the old we are stealing there ideas argument off !
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #55: Jan 24, 2009 03:11:23 pm
      Over 6,800 members on FB now. And the numbers keep growing.

Keep spreading the word everybody.
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen
      • Started Topic

• 47 posts |
      Reply #56: Jan 24, 2009 07:05:31 pm
      Over 6,800 members on FB now. And the numbers keep growing.

Keep spreading the word everybody.

Nice one Redkenny.

Just on 7,500 members now and it's going up all the time. We have got some of the Hillsborough families who have become members and I have an e-mail from Anne Williams who has joined the group.
      « Last Edit: Jan 25, 2009 12:30:27 am by samdoddsred »
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #57: Jan 25, 2009 01:54:43 pm
      Nice one Redkenny.

Just on 7,500 members now and it's going up all the time. We have got some of the Hillsborough families who have become members and I have an e-mail from Anne Williams who has joined the group.

That's great to hear that mate. Hats off to you for getting the group going.

Only a few off 9000 now.

If you're going the match today, spread the word!!
      kingjari
      • Forum David Johnson

• 216 posts | 10 
      • Spirit of Shankly/Liverpool Supporters Union
      Reply #58: Jan 27, 2009 09:50:08 pm
      12000 members of this group now. A strong statement i'd say.
      remy
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 172 posts |
      Reply #59: Jan 28, 2009 06:07:56 pm
      i know its a dream but 96,000 is a stronger statement .Don't tell me there are not 96,000 Liverpool fans on the net ! Lets all keep putting the word out .
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,121 posts | 3370 
      Reply #60: Jan 28, 2009 11:33:29 pm
      I'm all for the idea and the facebook group seems to be going strong but has the club even agreed to this yet? Before we start getting carried away and blame the FA for putting a block on it, has the club given the green light? If not then who is gonna suggest it to the club. No matter how dim the current board is about Liverpool's history, I'm sure even this board will have their own ideas of how to celebrate/remember the 20th annerversiary.

So somebody will have to pitch the idea to the club (I'm sure others will have different ideas to pitch). Then await the club to assess each idea, including their own. Then put the idea to the FA and Carlsberg. Then await for both companies to assess the situation and give the go ahead. Then get the shirts made and printed. All this within a few months.

So as much as I'd like to see it, like most fans would, I just don't see it happening.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #61: Feb 10, 2009 04:23:23 pm
      20,783 members...

Everyone joined?

The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #62: Feb 20, 2009 02:11:32 pm
      Already in hand JD, got a message off a member last night who has contacts within LFC Along with the local media. At present it's about building up the numbers to go to the club and say x amount of people back this idea.

I was just wondering how this was going. If there have been any break throughs, or if anyone has an idea of the clubs plans?
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #63: Mar 21, 2009 02:00:10 pm
      I guess this has fallen on deaf ears.

No news what so ever! Come on "Custodians" do the right thing.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #64: Mar 21, 2009 02:04:11 pm
      ^^^ I think that's a wonderful idea.

We play Arsenal at home on the 18th April.

Adidas should bring out a special commemorative 20th Anniversary shirt to mark the occasion and the shirts could be auctioned off afterwards to raise funds for the families of the Hillsborough tragedy.

JFT 96

YNWA
      Good idea MsG, I'd have a couple for starters! ;)
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #65: Mar 21, 2009 02:12:45 pm
      Just joined the group. Anyone on here for me to add to my facebook? Haha.
      Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #66: Mar 21, 2009 02:17:42 pm
      We play Arsenal at home on the 18th April.
      The game has been moved to Tuesday 21st April (K.O. 8:00pm) because Arsenal play Chelsea in the FA Cup on the 18th.
      samdoddsred
      • Forum Jari Litmanen
      • Started Topic

• 47 posts |
      Reply #67: Mar 30, 2009 05:31:52 pm
      Just as an update on this after a member of the group being interviewed on radio merseyside and putting our point across they contacted the club on our behalf. I conducted an interview with Luke Traynor of the echo which was supposed to run 2 weeks ago and it hasn't been published, Luke was also contacting the club on our behalf, not sure if he did.

Carlsberg and the club have received in excess of 50 e-mails and haven't responded to any member, until I got an e-mailed letter from Parry last Friday night.

Liverpool FC PR department have received the same amount of e-mails and no response to anyone but myself even though loads of people have sent the request, the cheeky b***ard is denying this. I then sent one last week saying that I now needed to contact national media as the club have refused to respond and received ae e-mail letter from Rick Parry in which he basically said a 20th anniversary is nothing more than a number compared to any other year they are all special, (this in a way I agree with) but the 20th anniversary is more of a landmark anniversary yet he seems to think not, yet isn't it parry that has authorised somehwere along the line the fact the club are involved with the new version of Fields of Anfield Road?. He cites the eternal flame representing Hillsborough each and every game and anything else would take that away.

He actually took more offence to me calling him a hypocrite and questioning LFC's position over Hillsborough with regards to favouring one group amongst other things and he finished on that note. He also never mentioned the question I posed regarding carlsberg sponsoring the Leppings Lane end at Hillsborough, swerved that question so this will be raised with carlsberg direct.

I've tried and failed to make the tribute happen but at least the facebook page continues to grow and spread the message about the on-going struggle for justice and whilst the links are there then the message can be continued to spread.

YNWA
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #68: Mar 30, 2009 06:11:17 pm
      Thanks very much for the update mate. Really appreciated and I hold my hat off to you and all involved for the continued effort you've put in to try make this happen.

It seems neither the club or Carlsberg were interested in this notion, which is disappointing. But the people's response to the facebook group is heartwarming and I'm sure it will continue to grow.

YNWA

Quick Reply