Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

Sudamericano Sub-20 Championship

Read 12410 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: Sudamericano Sub-20 Championship
      Reply #23: Jan 27, 2009 12:24:36 pm
      Kind of want Argentina knocked out, but I also want Insua to get something out of this.

I'm in two minds!

... But we do need our left-back back.
      « Last Edit: Jan 28, 2009 12:18:30 pm by Reslivo »
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #24: Jan 28, 2009 04:07:08 am
      Well the final games of group A were played and in much like the other games it ended in draws. Again Argentina had a very average performance in a 2-2 draw with Ecuador. As for Insua he played poor I must admit, he was getting out of position way too much and leaving too much space for the wingers behind him and he never seems to bomb up to join the attack. For a senior player he sure isn't playing like one but there is a lot of time to change things around. The other game was 1-1 draw so it means hosts Venezuela, Columbia and Argentina all go through to the final round while poor Ecuador misses out on a spot by goal difference.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #25: Jan 29, 2009 03:19:39 am
      Looks like Huth will take another step towards making it to the World Youth Cup with a win tonight over Chile 2-1. This means they will qualify for the final round with Brazil, Argentina, Uruguay, Venezuela and Columbia.

I got it wrong at the start, they simply now play each other once so it is another 5 games for each Insua and Huth. The winner of the group wins the competition and the top 4 will get into the world cup.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #26: Jan 29, 2009 08:08:36 am
      Kind of want Argentina knocked out, but I also want Insua to get something out of this.

I'm in two minds!

... But we do need our left-back back.

That's what I'm thinking.
      I guess Emiliano wouldn't mind so much when he gets his Premier league and Champions league medals come May.
      uru2009
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #27: Jan 29, 2009 09:18:31 am
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #28: Jan 29, 2009 03:31:04 pm
      Uruguay have been hands down the best nation, they have the best attacking tactics and have been very good every game they played and seem to score for fun. I think right now if I was going to predict the top four teams to get in it would be pretty hard but for the sake of it I can see Uruguay, Brazil, Columbia and Argentina.

Quick Reply