Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Playstation 3

Read 83120 times
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Re: Playstation 3
      Reply #253: Aug 12, 2011 08:48:32 am
      That's kind of what I mean - is it worth playing online?

One reason I bought the PS3 was for online game. Eventually stopped going to internet cafes just to play COD online, ;D. May go to one tomorrow, though, since I've not got internet since 28th of July and won't get till like 20th of August.
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #254: Aug 12, 2011 09:18:08 am

If you can accept that you'll probably get murdered a lot on there to start with, its great fun :D I accept the fact that im sh*te in comparison to many online - i don't have the time to sit down and get fantastic at it, so i just do my best.
      Tayls
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #255: Aug 12, 2011 02:13:28 pm

It depends on your personal preference mate, as well as the game itself and it's online mode. Everyone will tell you how great Call of Duty is online, but if you want a real man's shooting game get Battlefield 3 (when it comes out :roll:) and play that one online, it'll be awesome, trust me ;)

If you like playing competitively, or you find the single player of a game too easy, or want to play with some people socially, like off the forum for instance, then you'll want to sign up at some point.

Oh and as bigv says, depending on the game, when you start playing online it's pretty likely you'll get twatted till you get better. There's a lot of guys out there that don't do much but play online all damn day.

I just remembered one more point, and that is that you might have to sign up to the Network to update your games.. I'm not 100% on this one because to be honest I don't play my PS3 online at the moment as I don't have any games I want to play online, and so I haven't bothered doing any system updates or game updates. Someone else may be able to confirm this.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #256: Aug 12, 2011 02:19:09 pm
      KIK just sign up for playstation network its free, much better playing a game like COD online against other people than doing the story mode on teh game over and over again.

A game liek COD you can complete in around 6 hours, but you can get months of enjoyment out of online game play, thus saving you money buying new games all the time. ;D
      redindian
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,990 posts | 240 
      Reply #257: Aug 12, 2011 02:26:04 pm
      Off topic!
      Nice to see you back Blood. :)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #258: Aug 12, 2011 02:26:38 pm
      Off topic!
      Nice to see you back Blood. :)

Cheers mate. :)
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #259: Aug 13, 2011 12:03:00 am
      OK, I set it up and will have a look around.

kik2102
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #260: Aug 13, 2011 12:20:41 am
      OK, I set it up and will have a look around.

kik2102

What games have you got KIK ?...

Because some games like COD as an example you buy map packs from the playstation store which further adds more variety to the online game play. It will be teh best thing you've done signing up for PS Network as you get so much more out of the console.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #261: Aug 13, 2011 12:24:39 am
      What games have you got KIK ?...

Because some games like COD as an example you buy map packs from the playstation store which further adds more variety to the online game play. It will be teh best thing you've done signing up for PS Network as you get so much more out of the console.

My own games are GT5, PES2010 and COD black ops, only played pes so far - got COD with the console, and the other 2 were 2nd hand from game, I bought them because I played previous incarnations of them and liked them.

Been using bad company to try and get used to the controller - I find them a bit fiddly, which is the only downside so far.

got fifa, tiger woods, boxing and cricket off my bro - not bad games really. Good playability, easy to get into and great physics :)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #262: Aug 13, 2011 12:34:58 am
      You'll play cod on normal story mode and get used to the controls and think its a doddle this, then you'll go online and get arse raped mate, will take you maybe twenty to thrity online games to really get used to how quick people are when shooting you are, but if you stick at it and get used to it, you'll end up loving it.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #263: Aug 13, 2011 12:41:18 am
      You'll play cod on normal story mode and get used to the controls and think its a doddle this, then you'll go online and get arse raped mate, will take you maybe twenty to thrity online games to really get used to how quick people are when shooting you are, but if you stick at it and get used to it, you'll end up loving it.

I already love the console mate - it's just that damn little controller, after using an xbox biggy for so many years ;D

I fully expect to be everyones bi*ch when I play online ;)

All part of the fun :D

Question:

Do you need the peripherals, like headset and keyboard or are they just gimmicks?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #264: Aug 13, 2011 12:49:02 am
      I already love the console mate - it's just that damn little controller, after using an xbox biggy for so many years ;D

I fully expect to be everyones bi*ch when I play online ;)

All part of the fun :D

Question:

Do you need the peripherals, like headset and keyboard or are they just gimmicks?

There just additional features, you can get a normal Bluetooth mic and just link it up to your console, that is it really, personally i have none, just the console, games and controllers.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #265: Aug 13, 2011 12:53:17 am

Just Gimmiks really mate, I don't bother with head sets I tend to mute every one to shut them up so I can hear people approaching me on Cod, plus you always get some one screaming arghhh for fucks sake everytime they get killed because they are getting owned and its head doing eventually.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #266: Aug 13, 2011 12:53:22 am
      There just additional features, you can get a normal Bluetooth mic and just link it up to your console, that is it really, personally i have none, just the console, games and controllers.

Do you play online much mate?

Cos I've been told that peripherals are essential for online play - then again, the ppl that told me are serious gamers.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #267: Aug 13, 2011 12:54:05 am
      Anyone fancy a game on FIFA11?
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #268: Aug 13, 2011 12:54:19 am
      Just Gimmiks really mate, I don't bother with head sets I tend to mute every one to shut them up so I can hear people approaching me on Cod, plus you always get some one screaming arghhh for fucks sake everytime they get killed because they are getting owned and its head doing eventually.

;D

OK, gotcha - marketing sh*t ;)
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      Reply #269: Aug 13, 2011 12:58:48 am
      Do you play online much mate?

Cos I've been told that peripherals are essential for online play - then again, the ppl that told me are serious gamers.

Yes i do, i don't see the point, i don't want to be talking to no loudmouth yank :D, but seriously there not essentials, if your a die hard cod player and are going to attempt to lead your team to victory by all means get mic, apart from that don't see the point :D
      Anyone fancy a game on FIFA11?

Me, add I-RED_95.
      Sorry mate, can't any more, brothers decided to take control of the ps3.
      AJ

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #270: Aug 13, 2011 01:02:43 am
      Yes I do, I don't see the point, I don't want to be talking to no loudmouth yank :D, but seriously there not essentials, if your a die hard cod player and are going to attempt to lead your team to victory by all means get mic, apart from that don't see the point :D

Me, add I-RED_95.

;D ok
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #271: Aug 13, 2011 01:03:51 am

Me, add I-RED_95.

I'm a PES man.

Great game.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      Reply #272: Aug 13, 2011 01:05:51 am

I was a PES man till Fifa 09, that game just smashed anything PES had ever brought out, it didn't help that PES has gone back in its gameplay in recent years, its so slow, the graphics are arcade quality, disappointed me.
      KennyIsKing
      • Banned

• 4,628 posts | 129 
      Reply #273: Aug 13, 2011 01:08:18 am
      I was a PES man till Fifa 09, that game just smashed anything PES had ever brought out, it didn't help that PES has gone back in its gameplay in recent years, its so slow, the graphics are arcade quality, disappointed me.

Fair enough mate - hope you don't mind if I try them out myself first :)
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      Reply #274: Aug 13, 2011 01:11:36 am

Of course not :D, do you have both 11 version of both games, or the 09 games:D ?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #275: Aug 13, 2011 01:12:25 am

Guarantee you, you will be a cod man once you get the hang of it and get engrossed in the online play ha ha.

Quick Reply