Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Sunday papers on Rafa and Keane

Read 12251 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,152 posts | 3385 
      Re: Our club, Rafa and Keane
      Reply #23: Feb 01, 2009 12:12:33 am
      Parry evidently spent more on Keane than Rafa intended.

To prevent Spurs from repoting us to the FA for tapping Keane up. Ironically that's what we're "supposedly" now accusing Spurs of doing.
      Pass-and-move
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts | -7 
      Reply #24: Feb 01, 2009 12:15:06 am
      To prevent Spurs from repoting us to the FA for tapping Keane up. Ironically that's what we're "supposedly" now accusing Spurs of doing.

Might help to get that 15m back for him! Not that he's even worth that in reality. 

Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #25: Feb 01, 2009 12:20:11 am
      Didn't really want to get involved at first, but what the hell.

I'll be supporting Rafa through thick and thin, purely because I support this club and want whatever is best for this club - and there aren't many out there that can replace Rafa.

Going by your theory in another thread DLS, if you don't support the manager you don't support the club.

IRWT.
      Pass-and-move
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts | -7 
      Reply #26: Feb 01, 2009 12:32:14 am
      Didn't really want to get involved at first, but what the hell.

I'll be supporting Rafa through thick and thin, purely because I support this club and want whatever is best for this club - and there aren't many out there that can replace Rafa.

Going by your theory in another thread DLS, if you don't support the manager you don't support the club.

IRWT.

The manager and players should and are supported in the stadium. Forums are here for people to give differing opinons on the internet, not in the stadium.

Or do you want this website to only admit fans who see Rafa as a messiah? You should mention it to the mods.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,152 posts | 3385 
      Reply #27: Feb 01, 2009 12:33:45 am

And that has what to do with anything that's being posted right now? Nothing. Who has said they don't support Rafa Benitez? Nobody. That statement has what relevance to who bought Keane? None.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #28: Feb 01, 2009 12:36:42 am
      The manager and players should and are supported in the stadium. Forums are here for people to give differing opinons on the internet, not in the stadium.

Or do you want this website to only admit fans who see Rafa as a messiah? You should mention it to the mods.

Exactly the reason I was reluctant to join in, as I knew my posts would be misinterpreted.

I'm not condemning anybody's opinion of Rafa at all, I am saying that I will be supporting him whatever.

In the same post, I am referring to somebody else's theory - not my own.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #29: Feb 01, 2009 12:40:57 am
      I'm slightly intrigued by the fact that the people who this appears to have got up the nose the most appear to be Robbie Keane's fellow countrymen.

Liverpool first.  National pride second.

Them's the rules.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #30: Feb 01, 2009 12:42:50 am
      The problem is this isn't the first time Benitez has made things public to score points.

Knock it on the head DLS.

Rafa said 4 words in response to an accusation from the press about how much money 'he' had spent on Keane.

And on pretty much every other 'outburst' Rafa has come out with he has been spot on.
      Pass-and-move
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts | -7 
      Reply #31: Feb 01, 2009 12:49:17 am
      I'm slightly intrigued by the fact that the people who this appears to have got up the nose the most appear to be Robbie Keane's fellow countrymen.

Liverpool first.  National pride second.

Them's the rules.

I'm Irish and could never stand Robbie Keane in green or red. But the way he has been treated by Benitez is amateurish. Whether he was Irish or Chinese makes little difference to me. Liverpool FC paid 20m for him and we ain't used the expensive asset very well

dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,152 posts | 3385 
      Reply #32: Feb 01, 2009 12:51:33 am
      Knock it on the head DLS.

Rafa said 4 words in response to an accusation from the press about how much money 'he' had spent on Keane.

And on pretty much every other 'outburst' Rafa has come out with he has been spot on.

Lets be honest and look at it with our eyes rather than tinted glasses either way.

When the owners come out and say anything it's "it should be kept in house" "it's not the Liverpool way" and what other cliche people wanna use.

When Benitez comes out and says anything "he's well within his right" "he should be telling us how it is."

Becuase of what's happened in the past, people's views are clouded. Benitez has made outbursts that haven't been needed and haven't helped the club any more than the yanks outbursts have. The entire club should hush up whatever differences they have.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #33: Feb 01, 2009 12:53:08 am
      Huge game tomorrow. 48 hours left in the window. Regardless of whether the qoute is accurate or not, this is the worst time for this story to break.
      The fact that keane isn't in the squad shows petulance by someone or genius by rafa. Just so unnecessary and ugly. Hope is keane is injured because ngog and babel are no better than an average performing keane.
      As someone else wrote earlier...one way or another someone's opinion will be proved right.
      Time for all at LFC to shut up and get on with getting results and deal with the mess in 4 months
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #34: Feb 01, 2009 12:53:09 am
      DLS.

Rafa said 'The club spent it'.  Does that classify as an outburst? I think not.

Hop on over to the Knee Jerk thread.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,152 posts | 3385 
      Reply #35: Feb 01, 2009 12:58:10 am
      JD

Rafa said "the club spent it" need he say it at all? I think not.

Hop on over to the HURRY: Offer Rafa a new contract thread.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Re: Sunday papers on Rafa and Keane
      Reply #36: Feb 01, 2009 12:59:04 am
      I must now say something I thought I would never say, based on the breaking story being true, Rafa must now leave his position.

Why? Because Liverpool football club is no longer his main priority.

I'm embarrassed to see you type that.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #37: Feb 01, 2009 01:00:24 am
      JD

Already posted in there.  Thanks for the invaluable guidance though.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #38: Feb 01, 2009 01:01:00 am
      JD

Making a mountain out of a molehill here mate. It could so easily have meant "I didn't pay for him personally, it was from the club's funds".

If that's NOT the case, then it could just as easily mean something else. It's not to say that Keane isn't wanted by Rafa.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,152 posts | 3385 
      Reply #39: Feb 01, 2009 01:02:04 am
      Already posted in there.  Thanks for the invaluable guidance though.

Any time.
      Pass-and-move
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts | -7 
      Reply #40: Feb 01, 2009 01:06:12 am
      I'm embarrassed to see you type that.

Don't worry mate. Rafa has appointed a media man, Juan Francesco, to scan the press, tv and internet nowadays for people criticising him, just like wacko Houllier in the end. He's probably visited this site. He'll report Brian78 to Rafa.

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #41: Feb 01, 2009 01:08:14 am
      Don't worry mate. Rafa has appointed a media man, Juan Francesco, to scan the press, tv and internet nowadays for people criticising him, just like wacko Houllier in the end. He's probably visited this site. He'll report Brian78 to Rafa.

Source?  Go on. I dare you.

Making a mountain out of a molehill here mate. It could so easily have meant "I didn't pay for him personally, it was from the club's funds".

Excellent point.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #42: Feb 01, 2009 01:13:02 am
      Totally agree with Res'

This whole thread is basically a stupid newspaper reporting something and as always some take the bait. We are playing Chelsea in 15 hours and this is what we're talking about? No wonder why we're in a slump.
      Pass-and-move
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts | -7 
      Reply #43: Feb 01, 2009 01:17:03 am

Dig about a little and you'll access the source. Rafa and Houllier have both been encouraged by the adoring fans to develop a Caesar complex at Anfield so it's inevitable they would tread the same path of paranoia.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #44: Feb 01, 2009 01:18:49 am
      Dig about a little and you'll access the source. Rafa and Houllier have both been encouraged by the adoring fans to develop a Caesar complex at Anfield so it's inevitable they would tread the same path of paranoia.

If you know the location, please provide. Or don't post any "info" anymore if you're unwilling to link it to a source.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,685 posts | 6981 
      Reply #45: Feb 01, 2009 01:19:44 am

I don't want to dig about a bit.  You come on here making a wild accusation so I want you to post the source and the author.

Why are you not prepared to?

Quick Reply