Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 4th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W10 D4 L4

Why I back the only man for Liverpool - Rafa Benitez

Read 8025 times
      Richobaz
      • Only posts when we're losing...
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Re: Why I back the only man for Liverpool - Rafa Benitez
      Reply #46: Feb 08, 2009 12:15:01 pm
      JD - really pleased you like Rafa and back him...but not every fan has to think on the same lines as you.

If Rafa wins us the league this season - then I'll eat my words and cheer and shout as much as any Red fan with jubilation and joy.

But - the so called tactical genius - is not - and i can raise some valid points:

1. Rotation - this has been talked about to the point where it's BORING.  But I'm not talking about rotation of players - this is more about 'Tactical Genius' Rotations.
      The need to change our tactics on a game to game basis.  Why not put out your strongest team and just let the feckers play there game.  Why over-complicate something that just doesn't need to be complicated.

2. Players confidence - Players struggling to live up to there potential.  Babel, Yossi  and others I do not want to mention !
      If you're a tactical genius - wouldn't you be able to get the best out of your players - week in week out.  Does a tactical genius play, players out of position?

3. Negativity - Whatever Rafa says publically - he is very negative in the way he sets LFC up.  Player Torres up front on his own and having Alonso and Mascherano as holding defence minded midfielders is Negative.  Torres and Keane - would never have worked - would it!

Question? If Rafa had not been given the huge amount of MONEY over the period of time he's been our Manager - would we now be challenging for the title?

NO - is the answer.  So is this more Money talks rather than 'Tactical Genius' - just a thought.

And only an opinon.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,658 posts | 6954 
      Reply #47: Feb 08, 2009 12:32:41 pm
      JD - really pleased you like Rafa and back him...but not every fan has to think on the same lines as you.

Of course they don't.

But most do.

http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=4416.0

Thanks for popping by.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,279 posts | 8588 
      Reply #48: Feb 08, 2009 12:36:07 pm
      Some fans get pissed off with Rafa and other fans get wound up with fans, for getting pissed off with Rafa but we should still remember that we're unique to most other clubs, in terms of supporting the manager, whichever way you see things.

Chelsea fans yesterday were chanting "You don't know what your doing" and hurled a Scolari out banner up, which puts it into perspective. They did the same thing with Avram Grant last season. Now Grant got them to within a John Terry slip of winning the CL for the first ever time and took the title down to the last day, with the Mancs. 6 months into Scolari's reign and they are still in the European Cup, the FA Cup and in the top 4 of the league, in his first season and they want him out. Bunch of knee-jerk Johnny Come Lately Sky fans very much suckered in by the media.

In fairness I thought Chelsea were awful were last Sunday but such impatience is why they won't remain a top club. The Mancs got lucky, as after years of calling for Ferguson's head, he turned it round and the rest is history. Scolari has only made one signing, has had Essien injured all season, Carvalho out for most of it and now Joe Cole and came in at the time, when Abramavich seems to have lost interest and stopped bankrolling them.

In 5 years Rafa has had fantastic support from us and hopefully will continue to and that's the difference between us and them. Even if we have started to develop their nasty trend, of booing the team off, whenever we don't win a home game. Fans started to grow impatient with Evans, Houllier and now Rafa but only after at least 4-5 years in charge. The trend these days is 6 months and before you know it, you've turned into Newcastle.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #49: Feb 08, 2009 12:37:32 pm
      He has over his 4 years spent a net sum of £90mil. He has over his tenure probably won £50-£60 mil in the Champions League alone. Torres alone must be worth £50mil. So alll in all he has hardly been on a wild spending spree and spent a fraction of what Chelsea and Manu have. For some reason he dosent seem to get the credit he deserves here we are top of the league and still people want to have a go at him. Dont listen to so called experts who have done nothing as a manager just judge him on his record.
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #50: Feb 08, 2009 12:44:14 pm
      He's here to do a job LET HIM DO IT.

BARLARDAR.
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #51: Feb 08, 2009 03:46:28 pm

But most do...;D -  Age range - 14-18?

I support Liverpool FC not Rafa Benitez.  LFC will be here longer than RAFA - never forget that.  He has spent a huge amount of money.  Made some good signings and some very very bad signings in his time here.  A bit hit and miss.

His tactics are the same - hit and miss.  When we win a game - it's - Over-the-top Rafa the Genius.  When we loss, you cannot question Rafa's ability because he's LFC manager and we are supposed to support them 100% no-matter what - Rubbish.

Rafa has to win something this season - or he will have no job.  As it's another season of failure. So it's either Premiership or Champions League - nothing like pressure...!  And that's the truth - think about it!

Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #52: Feb 08, 2009 03:47:55 pm

I support Liverpool FC not Rafa Benitez.  LFC will be here longer than RAFA - never forget that.  He has spent a huge amount of money.  Made some good signings and some very very bad signings in his time here.  A bit hit and miss.

His tactics are the same - hit and miss.  When we win a game - it's - Over-the-top Rafa the Genius.  When we loss, you cannot question Rafa's ability because he's LFC manager and we are supposed to support them 100% no-matter what - Rubbish.

Rafa has to win something this season - or he will have no job.  As it's another season of failure. So it's either Premiership or Champions League - nothing like pressure...!  And that's the truth - think about it!

You think the current squad we have will live on without Rafa? It won't
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #53: Feb 08, 2009 03:50:22 pm

Once again with the age, funny because most would argue that your maturity is the most juvenile on here.

Yes Rafa hasnt won a trophy yet nor will he be guaranteed one again this season but another massive step forward to winning the league is good enough for me. Dont give me the sh*t where you say 'We should be winning everything' or whatever, from the squad he picked up and our position i think what he has done has been fantastic and he isnt done with yet.
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #54: Feb 08, 2009 03:56:48 pm
      Once again with the age, funny because most would argue that your maturity is the most juvenile on here.

Yes Rafa hasnt won a trophy yet nor will he be guaranteed one again this season but another massive step forward to winning the league is good enough for me. Dont give me the sh*t where you say 'We should be winning everything' or whatever, from the squad he picked up and our position I think what he has done has been fantastic and he isnt done with yet.

Funny - who's getting personal again and again and again - who's showing there age.

Why am I not allowed to rate Rafa on here?

Grow-up - it's a football forum for discussion and opinion!
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #55: Feb 08, 2009 03:58:56 pm
      Rafa is doing so well this year.
      We're usually chasing for 4th at this time but not this season, we are going for the Premier League and are still in the Champions League. Isn't that what we all wanted? To challenge(and subsequently win) the Premier League and still go far in the Champions League?

Rafa maybe have arrived as a good Champions League manager but in his 4 years at the club, he has learn alot about the English game and has put us where we should be. The glory days are just around the corner.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #56: Feb 08, 2009 03:59:32 pm
      Funny - who's getting personal again and again and again - who's showing there age.

Why am I not allowed to rate Rafa on here?

Grow-up - it's a football forum for discussion and opinion!

Who's getting personal? I was simply stating an opinion while you tell me to grow up and how im showing my age.

I agree, its a football forum. Which is why i'm posting on here and saying that while you think he should go, i acknowledge his achievements in trying to get success both short term and long term.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,658 posts | 6954 
      Reply #57: Feb 08, 2009 04:02:16 pm

Trying to go for the age thing is a bit boring.  Most of the people involved in discussions can clearly remember the last Liverpool victory and actually go to the games.  Trying to use that as an excuse for the fact that not everyone wants Rafa is out is pathetic.  It shows you have no real-world discussions with Liverpool fans - it proves you don't go to games and understand the level of support for Rafa.  You're living in your own bubble, a bubble where whatever Sky, or Setanta or the Sunday Papers say is gospel.

Sorry to disappoint you but the vast majority of Liverpool fans appreciate the substantial improvement Benitez has and is delivering in our league challenge.

I'll be the first to admit on paper our players are in nowhere near the class of United's or Chelsea's (and for that you can thank the American's who have made Benitez shop in the second hand store for his players), save for two in particular.  The results Benitez is getting therefore highlight his qualities as a coach.

You need to stop listening to the media and start listening to what genuine Liverpool fans are saying - irrespective of their ages.
      Richobaz
      • Banned

• 869 posts | -98 
      Reply #58: Feb 08, 2009 04:10:32 pm
      JD you make me laugh - I'm in a Bubble - come on...what you say has to be right?

If Rafa doesn't win us anything this season then I truely believe he won't be here next season.  So you better hope 'The only man for me' wins us the league or champion!  if he doesn't it will be another failed season.  These are the facts.

The 'age card' is a valid point to make. 
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,658 posts | 6954 
      Reply #59: Feb 08, 2009 04:12:50 pm
      You make me laugh. 

The only person I hope won't be here next season is you.

And the age card isn't valid.  You're the biggest kid on here.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #60: Feb 08, 2009 04:16:11 pm
      JD you make me laugh - I'm in a Bubble - come on...what you say has to be right?

If Rafa doesn't win us anything this season then I truely believe he won't be here next season.  So you better hope 'The only man for me' wins us the league or champion!  if he doesn't it will be another failed season.  These are the facts.

The 'age card' is a valid point to make. 

Why?
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #61: Feb 08, 2009 04:24:39 pm
      You make me laugh. 

The only person I hope won't be here next season is you.

And the age card isn't valid.  You're the biggest kid on here.

;D ROFL
      Christ
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,209 posts | 40 
      Reply #62: Feb 08, 2009 04:28:29 pm

I think you miss the point of this topic... argue somewhere else! its for people who support our manager, to explain why..
      « Last Edit: Feb 08, 2009 04:32:00 pm by ayrton77, Reason: Fixed quote »
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #63: Feb 08, 2009 10:09:53 pm
      I think you miss the point of this topic... argue somewhere else! its for people who support our manager, to explain why..

Thank Christ for that  ;)
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,658 posts | 6954 
      Reply #64: Feb 09, 2009 04:56:51 pm
      Another Rafa topic destroyed by bickering.

Topic Locked

Two related topics

Is Rafa the Right Man?
      For and against Rafa Benitez as manager of Liverpool Football Club
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=4416.0

A personal message to fans
      This topic was originally posted after some people decided to call for Benitez to go mid-way through an on-going football match.  Discussions about our responsibilities and expectations as Liverpool fans.
      http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php?topic=13550.0

Quick Reply