Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Who would you like to see at Anfield next season?

David Silva
      (48.4%)
      Carlos Tevez
      (10.9%)
      David Villa
      (28.3%)
      Samuel Eto'o
      (3.1%)
      Yoann Gourcuff
      (1.9%)
      Gareth Barry
      (0%)
      Glen Johnson
      (4.7%)
      Stewart Downing
      (0.6%)
      Amir Zaki
      (0.9%)
      Michael Owen
      (1.2%)

General transfer discussion - summer 2009

Read 187846 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: General transfer discussion - summer 2009
      Reply #46: Feb 15, 2009 10:43:10 pm
      If we were going for a right winger then I would want someone with a lot of pace, someone that likes to run at defenders and can deliver a good cross, I don't think Joe Cole would be a good signing for us personally.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #47: Feb 15, 2009 11:21:03 pm
      You are a f**king headbanger.
      #
      you have absolutely no idea do you?

David Nugent is gagging to score goals. He has scored wherever he has been except Portsmouth 'cos he hasn'y been given a chance.
      He would be a bargain and an excellent back up.

You just have ya head in the clouds and expect like most plastic fans that a BIG name is what we need.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #48: Feb 15, 2009 11:23:35 pm
      If we were going for a right winger then I would want someone with a lot of pace, someone that likes to run at defenders and can deliver a good cross, I don't think Joe Cole would be a good signing for us personally.
      Joe Cole isn't a winger though and even though SG is probably the worlds busiest and influential player, he doesn't have the flair like someone like Joe Cole.

Buy Joe Rafa.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #49: Feb 15, 2009 11:25:28 pm
      I would much rather have someone like Lennon. We've got 'flair' already with Riera.
      StevieIsStillGod
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 288 posts | 10 
      Reply #50: Feb 15, 2009 11:25:45 pm
      Ashley Young if anyone.

And as someone else in this thread has already mention, Wheater, if Agger decides to leave.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #51: Feb 15, 2009 11:27:24 pm
      #
      you have absolutely no idea do you?

David Nugent is gagging to score goals. He has scored wherever he has been except Portsmouth 'cos he hasn'y been given a chance.
      He would be a bargain and an excellent back up.

You just have ya head in the clouds and expect like most plastic fans that a BIG name is what we need.

Wasn't scoring in the Premiership 'at those other clubs' though was he. Would be a shocking signing when taken into consideration WE ARE LIVERPOOL and we can attract players who have a gulf in class between themselves and David Nugent.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #52: Feb 15, 2009 11:44:42 pm
      Wasn't scoring in the Premiership 'at those other clubs' though was he. Would be a shocking signing when taken into consideration WE ARE LIVERPOOL and we can attract players who have a gulf in class between themselves and David Nugent.

Ask yourself why he wasn't scoring in the Premiership? Obvious isn't it? And yes we are Liverpool . . . but other than Torres (and maybe Morientes, who really banged in those goals) as front men, how many other world class strikers have we attracted over the years, other than those that we nurtured like Rush, Fowler and Owen . . . . . I'm waiting !
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #53: Feb 16, 2009 12:07:14 am
      Jckopking mate whats ith ya are yo trying to wind us up or something?? That is the secod blue sh*te you have suggested in this thread ??? ??? Nugent you have to be having a laugh. 3 goals last season in 21 appearances is hardly prolific for a striker. This season he has 1 goal against us and 2 in the cup. He is not even a first choice in a more mediocre club then that of K.Jones's Sunderland. Given that he is not even first choice in Portsmouth what given right do you have to assume he is even good enough for the bench here at Liverpool?? On the other hand Jones has 7 goals in 16 appeareances this season and finished clubs top scorer last season. So where is your argument that Nugent would be more useful to our squad then Jones???
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #54: Feb 16, 2009 12:20:50 am
      Jckopking mate whats ith ya are yo trying to wind us up or something?? That is the secod blue sh*te you have suggested in this thread ??? ??? Nugent you have to be having a laugh. 3 goals last season in 21 appearances is hardly prolific for a striker. This season he has 1 goal against us and 2 in the cup. He is not even a first choice in a more mediocre club then that of K.Jones's Sunderland. Given that he is not even first choice in Portsmouth what given right do you have to assume he is even good enough for the bench here at Liverpool?? On the other hand Jones has 7 goals in 16 appeareances this season and finished clubs top scorer last season. So where is your argument that Nugent would be more useful to our squad then Jones???

Rafa doesn't play his younger players we have at the club now, so why would he play Jones?

Nugent is a player who is at his peak and has settled for being a bit part player in his last two clubs, hence the lack of goals as you quite rightly put it. He would be a bargain and lets face it, wouldn't you much rather a bargain than a player that would cost millions and a player that would, unlike Kenwyn Jones, get a game.
      He is a proven scorer at lower leagues but then most strikers are.

And as for blue sh*te comments, do you remember Steve McMahon? Am sure you weren't slagging him off when he came from the Blue side.
      « Last Edit: Feb 16, 2009 12:25:26 am by JD »
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #55: Feb 16, 2009 12:25:37 am
      Dadorious, are you also saying that just because he is a Toffee, Tim Cahill isn't worthy of the red shirt?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #56: Feb 16, 2009 12:27:39 am
      We bought McMahon from Aston Villa.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions but I wouldn't be after Nugent, personally speaking.  I'd rather take Crouch back.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #57: Feb 16, 2009 12:33:39 am
      We bought McMahon from Aston Villa.

Everyone's entitled to their opinions but I wouldn't be after Nugent, personally speaking.  I'd rather take Crouch back.
      McMahon WAS a blue . . . Nugent just supports 'em ! Don't remember the LFC faithful giving GOD and CARRA a hard time when thet made their LFC debuts !

Some people have a short memory.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #58: Feb 16, 2009 12:35:03 am
      Sack Nugent. He's a nugget.

And he taunted Liverpool fans and players the other week. And he may well be bitter standard, but he's not LFC standard.
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #59: Feb 16, 2009 12:47:12 am
      Sack Nugent. He's a nugget.

And he taunted Liverpool fans and players the other week. And he may well be bitter standard, but he's not LFC standard.

What is Liverpool standard anymore?

Gerrard, Torres, Alonso, Carra, Reina, Hyypia, Kuyt for certain -  Benayoun, Riera, Skrtl, Agger, Arbeloa, Aurelio and Mascherano perhaps . . . but Lucas, N'gog, El Zhar, Babel, Dossena and Plessis? Please, come on.

Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #60: Feb 16, 2009 12:58:40 am
       A few points there mate David Nugent born 2/05/85, K. Jones 5/10/84 there goes your whole youth argument. Cahill is a plucky player, fair from being one techniclly gifted, a jammy b***ard and an arrogan c**t who I would never want to see near our club. Yes he has scored 100 goals in the premier league ( so has Keane...we all know that success story) but they are all scrappy tap ins haders and he never struck me as a player who could take on his man and beat him. As for Nugent yes he is a blue and a pr**k and did taunt our fans after scoring that sh*te goal. Besides Rafa has allready previously being linked to bringing K. Jones to Liverpool.
      Posted on: February 16, 2009, 12:55:46 AM
      My Lord just realised that Mash and Skrtel were in your "perhaps" bracket  :o.

Enough said mate!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,682 posts | 6976 
      Reply #61: Feb 16, 2009 12:59:31 am
      Cahill for Liverpool, Nugent for Liverpool, Ferguson for Liverpool?

You're first post was having a crack at Rafa?

Not here on a wind up are you?
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #62: Feb 16, 2009 01:00:09 am
      What is Liverpool standard anymore?

Better than the bitters standard and Pompey's. The league proves it.  ;)
      Dansven
      • Forum Youth Player

• 23 posts | -2 
      Reply #63: Feb 16, 2009 01:13:57 am
      Good players

but forget S. Dowing
      jckopking
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 539 posts | 10 
      Reply #64: Feb 16, 2009 01:19:13 am
      Cahill for Liverpool, Nugent for Liverpool, Ferguson for Liverpool?

You're first post was having a crack at Rafa?

Not here on a wind up are you?
      Having a crack at Rafa? That was a joke. Lighten up !

Tim Cahill though, is a quality player. We should be interested in quality. Nugent is better than most in his position.

Have people forgotten what this thread is all about . . . . read the title again. It's players from the premier league isn't it? You ain't gonna get much better than those that I have mentioned who may be available and on the cheap and we ain't gonna be able to afford anybody else !
      Just being realistic.

Get over the 'blue thing'. Like I said, it didnt matter when Robbie and Jamie made their debuts did it.

No, not here on the wind up . . . hence my 'excellent posts' as you put it previously !
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #65: Feb 16, 2009 01:27:50 am
      You have no facts or statistics to back these brilliant players of yours???

Pissing in the wind then mate isnt it.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #66: Feb 16, 2009 01:37:48 am
      Got to back this guy up, Tim Cahill is a quality Premiership player. He's also a sly little cheat and I hate him, but I know a decent player when I see one and you can't fault what he gives to the Everton side. Would never want to sign him though, not sure where he'd fit into our side, he couldn't do the same job he does at Everton.

One other from Everton I'd say sign if we had the chance is Mikel Arteta. He's a brilliant player and in the not too distant future I think he qualifies to play for England, something I think Capello should seriously consider seeing as Arteta isn't going to get into the Spanish team anytime soon, despite his abilities. I think he does warrant a place in the squad, he's seriously underrated, so calm and composed on the ball and strikes it very sweetly as well.

I'd also take Ashley Young off Aston Villa in a second, and would jump at the chance to sign Aaron Lennon too. Both are quick, skilful and are flair players that take defenders on and cause problems. However Young won't be leaving Villa for anything less than 20million I think, and I don't think Lennon's anywhere near Rafa's targets.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #67: Feb 16, 2009 01:39:11 am
      Having a crack at Rafa? That was a joke. Lighten up !

Tim Cahill though, is a quality player. We should be interested in quality. Nugent is better than most in his position.

Have people forgotten what this thread is all about . . . . read the title again. It's players from the premier league isn't it? You ain't gonna get much better than those that I have mentioned who may be available and on the cheap and we ain't gonna be able to afford anybody else !
      Just being realistic.

Get over the 'blue thing'. Like I said, it didnt matter when Robbie and Jamie made their debuts did it.

No, not here on the wind up . . . hence my 'excellent posts' as you put it previously !

Nuge was a top player at Preston but he is not a premier league class player, he will be the same class as Eric Meijer at Anfield
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3378 
      Reply #68: Feb 16, 2009 01:40:49 am
      I have to agree, Cahill is a very good player and have been surprised he hasn't made a move to a side bigger than Everton such as Arsenal or Villa. But with our current formation the only position Cahill could fill is the one behind the lone forward and unfortunately Tim Cahill will never be anywhere near as good as Steven Gerrard in that position and Stevie wouldn't accept being restricted to a holding role. Plus Cahill doesn't have the ability to play the through balls for Torres. So it'd probably mean shifting Stevie out wide to the right and Kuyt being dropped which isn't going to happen.

Nugent however is sh*te. It's as simple as that. I wouldn't have much faith in him coming off the bench or replacing an injured Torres and still grabbing the goals, same goes for Bent. It's not because Nugent is an Everton fan that I think he's sh*te, I just personally don't think he can hack this division. He's not exactly blessed with blistering pace nor is he really capable of holding the ball up so the lone forward role (our favored formation with or without Torres) isn't for Nugent and I don't see why we'd change our side around to accomadate a pretty average Nugent.

Forwards from this division who do deserve looking at in my opinion are that Sturridge lad from Man City. He has talent and is very skillful. Also good for a goal, but it doesn't look like City want to sell him be because they know what a talent he is. I've always been a fan of Defoe but he's out of the question since he's only just returned to Spurs. The other may surprise a few but I'd like to see Anelka come back. He doesn't exactly look to be happy at Chelsea and he is a proven goalscorer. I'd certainly be happy to see him coming off the bench ahead of Doyle/Jones/Nugent. Problem with bringing our former number 9 is back is price, he may cost a fair whack.

Quick Reply