Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 6th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W8 D1 L6

Emiliano Insua (-> Sporting Lisbon)

Read 172415 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,077 posts | 3357 
      Re: Emiliano Insua Player Thread
      Reply #874: Jun 03, 2011 01:55:34 am
      If he does come back, he'll need a new number as Wilson has got the number 22 now.

When he first got into the side, he looked a decent player. As he became a more regular fixture for me he got complacent. Knowing he was practically first choice as Aurelio was always injured and it was far too early for Robinson. Maybe now with Robinson being slightly older and maybe more likely to challenge for a first team spot, Johnson's good spell at left back, Kelly and Flanagan not looking out of place at left back and possibly a new signing might actually give Insua the competition he needs to raise his game.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #875: Jun 03, 2011 02:14:27 am
      Insua's contract with Liverpool runs out in July (I think) so unless he wants to return to Liverpool he will be a free agent. Can't see him coming back myself. Bit silly to loan out a player in his last year if I am right.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #876: Jun 03, 2011 09:19:32 am
       Nowhere near good enough. We've produced three local lads who play full-back in the space of 12 months who are all different class to him. Let him move on to Fenerbace, Sporting Gijon, Dukla Prague, Twente Encheden or one of those outfits that more befits his talents. 
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,203 posts | 838 
      Reply #877: Jun 03, 2011 10:00:58 am
      Insua looked like a good player when he first broke out into the scene, had a couple of really good games and everyone felt optimistic about his chances. However, he didn't keep up with his consistency and his limitations were exposed. I don't think he is good enough and if we get 2m or 3m for him we should sell. Jack Robinson looks like a better player.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #878: Jun 03, 2011 10:03:21 am
      Insua looked like a good player when he first broke out into the scene, had a couple of really good games and everyone felt optimistic about his chances. However, he didn't keep up with his consistency and his limitations were exposed. I don't think he is good enough and if we get 2m or 3m for him we should sell. Jack Robinson looks like a better player.

By an absolute country mile. I really like this kid.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,077 posts | 3357 
      Reply #879: Jun 03, 2011 12:33:28 pm

We won't get any money for him. His contract is up this summer so he'll be leaving on a free, which is quite surprising for a 22 year old Argentina international.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #880: Jun 03, 2011 12:53:32 pm
      Spot on. Sell Konchesky too though. ;)

Haha, he's already gone in my mind :)
      Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #881: Jun 11, 2011 03:57:53 pm
      http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/latest-news/insua-pens-new-anfield-deal

Did he sign another contract or is he gone soon?
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,713 posts | 3719 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #882: Jun 11, 2011 04:02:48 pm

I thought that he did sign a contract but now. That was a scare. No he's free this Summer!
      Adz
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,192 posts |
      Reply #883: Jun 11, 2011 04:23:44 pm
      I thought that he did sign a contract but now. That was a scare. No he's free this Summer!
      Good and bad, we could have raised some cash through selling him as he won't be needed, quite clearly shown by the club to not offer him a new contract.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #884: Jun 18, 2011 12:19:56 am

Well, I was just looking at the Premier League retained players list and the Premier League free transfers list ... Surprise, surprise ...

The Premier League has released the lists of Retained and Free Transfer players

In accordance with Premier League Rules L.30 & L34 the list of players retained by Premier League clubs and the list of players granted free transfers are available through the below links.

Please note that this information is correct as of the 26th of May for the Retained List and 1st of June for the Free Transfers list.

Retained List
      Free Transfers List

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Headlines/0,,12306~2376943,00.html
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,660 posts | 6955 
      Reply #885: Jul 14, 2011 12:40:00 pm
      I see Insua's joined back up with the squad in Malaysia this morning.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #886: Jul 15, 2011 03:17:32 am
      Looking forward to him playing more than anyone else in this next game.
      Will be very interesting to see if he has developed at all.

Liked him when he first got a run but was obvious he wasn't ready or good enough and not athletic enough.

If he got turned he was in huge trouble. Seemed to panic far too quickly and was too often wasteful with his distribution.
      Maybe and hopefully he has improved....would save us some cash if he could cement down the left back spot.
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #887: Jul 16, 2011 01:22:39 pm
      Was very impressed with this lad today, got forward a lot and put in some brilliant crosses
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #888: Jul 16, 2011 01:24:06 pm
      Would definitely keep him here as back-up.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #889: Jul 16, 2011 01:37:01 pm
      A player that would probably do well under Kenny, Kenny can inspire confidence in players and Insua for me is a confidence player.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #890: Jul 16, 2011 01:46:52 pm
      Great to see insua once again on the left.Looks like he has dropped some weight,2 nice crosses.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #891: Jul 16, 2011 03:00:21 pm
      Looks like he has dropped some weight

Looks like he's ready to play running back in the NFL if LFC doesn't work out. He's been in the gym putting on some muscle.  :o
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,128 posts | 454 
      Reply #892: Jul 16, 2011 03:00:38 pm
      Nice to hear that he had a good game could play an important role in the left back problem.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,463 posts | 4591 
      Reply #893: Jul 16, 2011 03:09:32 pm
      Nice to hear that he had a good game could play an important role in the left back problem.

Better than that baldie f**ker with the mouthy mum.
      Macedonian_Red
      • Banned

• 4,762 posts | 63 
      Reply #894: Jul 16, 2011 05:37:16 pm

EmilianoInsua Emiliano Insua
      Singapore!! Thanks everyone for the messages, I am feeling Liverpool player again!!! Really happy!
      AlfarinIcebreaker
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts |
      Reply #895: Jul 16, 2011 05:49:21 pm
      I hope we keep Emiliano this season. He did well today, but we still need to solve our LB problem with a proven player. Cissokho, Izaguirre or Enrique would fit the bill, IMO. We need to snap up one of them quickly because we already missed out on Clichy.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #896: Jul 16, 2011 08:00:48 pm
      As I posted the other day, above all players he was the one I was most keen to watch in this game and I thought he did great.
      He was clearly told to push quite far up field and so at times left too much space behind him but that's down to tactics and not his fault at all.
      On the ball he looked a lot more comfortable than during his last few games with us (of course it was a friendly against a less physical team than in the prem). But I thought he was always looking to be positive and knocked it so well weighted crosses which is an improvement already compared to his over hit and floaty crosses from a few seasons back.
      I am all in favor of keeping him till jan and give him a chance to impress.

Quick Reply