Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

RedCafe - Unbelievable

Read 28564 times
      King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Re: RedCafe - Unbelievable
      Reply #46: Mar 14, 2009 05:13:09 pm
      Prove it if you are so sure about it!

Why do I need to prove it? If you want to believe that we have nothing but glory hunter fans then you are more than welcome to believe that...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #47: Mar 14, 2009 08:47:11 pm
      Well, sorry to burst your bubble but United have had the highest average attendance for every single year since the early 60s, probably even longer. I know because I was a regular in the 70s and 80s and I remember vividly the lowest crowd for a league game in my time....

It was versus QPR on a terrible night, the worst rain I've ever seen, this was at a time when we never won the league, still averaged 55,000 so this assertion that most of our fans are 'glory hunters' is plainly wrong...

Of course there are glory hunters but Liverpool had them as well when they were the team to beat, anyway congratulations on a great performance and win today but I'm afraid it'll make no difference to the title...;)...

I don't have a bubble.  I got the figures from a United website.  You had the biggest ground in terms of capacity since around 1975 I believe.

You had a 56,000 capacity ground that you averaged around 40,000 for the seasons I mentioned - which varied from full to around 29,000 in the seasons I mentioned - why would I make it up?

In any case - at least your fans stuck it through to the end today. ;)
      MsGerrard
      Reply #48: Mar 15, 2009 12:52:08 am

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Whooo Hoo !!!! Nice one JD  :D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #49: Mar 15, 2009 01:03:03 am
      But letting Andreas F***ing Dossena score the fourth goal in a 4-1 defeat at home is pretty bad.

A nice little post off redcafe  :lmao: and whose fault was it then that Dossena scored...............cos I seem to remember Van der fart just standing there, if you want a good laugh, get on and see the red devils squirm  :action-smiley-055:

Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #50: Mar 15, 2009 09:50:09 am
      If anyone wants to feel even better about yesterdays result, just head over to RedCafe. Plenty of threads proving that no matter what a Man United fan says about that game, it hurt them. Real bad.
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #51: Mar 15, 2009 01:53:11 pm
      I don't have a bubble.  I got the figures from a United website.  You had the biggest ground in terms of capacity since around 1975 I believe.

You had a 56,000 capacity ground that you averaged around 40,000 for the seasons I mentioned - which varied from full to around 29,000 in the seasons I mentioned - why would I make it up?

What seasons did you mention? Anyway as I'm an old geezer I can report that my first visit to Old Trafford was in 1971 as a kid and as far as I can remember we always had the highest average crowd...

Actually I think I can remember one year that Liverpool had the highest average but then again they were perennial champions at the time, dare I say that there were possibly one or two glory hunting fans at the time?......

By the way the QPR game that I alluded to had a crowd of 28,000, far and away the smallest crowd for a game that I attended at Old Trafford, I remember a great goal from Jimmy Greenhoff at the Scoreboard End...:)...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #52: Mar 15, 2009 03:54:55 pm
      Why do I need to prove it? If you want to believe that we have nothing but glory hunter fans then you are more than welcome to believe that...

Because if you are so sure that you had the highest average attendance for every single year since the early 60s then I want to see some proof becasue as it stands it seems as though you are just talking out of your ass.

Well, sorry to burst your bubble but United have had the highest average attendance for every single year since the early 60s, probably even longer. I know because I was a regular in the 70s and 80s

Also, what does "I know because I was a regular in the 70s and 80s" have to do with the highest average attendance during the 60's?
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #53: Mar 15, 2009 04:01:38 pm

Kop for that!!! HA!! :lmao:
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #54: Mar 15, 2009 04:20:16 pm
      Just had a look a "RedCafe", Whats with all the advertising? Well done JD etal for keeping this place clean and tidy.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #55: Mar 15, 2009 04:24:02 pm
      I always look there when I'm in need of a laugh. Every other topic is about Liverpool, how Rafa is cracking up, how Gerrard is the world's worst diver and how Torres can't score for toffee.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #56: Mar 15, 2009 04:28:00 pm
      Just had a look a "RedCafe", Whats with all the advertising? Well done JD etal for keeping this place clean and tidy.

And to yourself, and everyone else in the Anfield Hero member group who has contributed to the running costs of the forum! ;)

Can score against them though! :D

Sorry, couldn't resist! ;)
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #57: Mar 15, 2009 05:24:22 pm
      Because if you are so sure that you had the highest average attendance for every single year since the early 60s then I want to see some proof becasue as it stands it seems as though you are just talking out of your ass.

Also, what does "I know because I was a regular in the 70s and 80s" have to do with the highest average attendance during the 60's?

Well Kenny, in fact I actually believe that Liverpool once (just once) had the highest average attendance but that was just one year. Again I will only say what the situation was since I first started going but are you aware that in the 74/75 season the highest crowd in any division was the 60,000 who were at Old Trafford for the United game with Sunderland?...

PS We were were in the 2nd division at the time......
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #58: Mar 15, 2009 05:28:25 pm
      but are you aware that in the 74/75 season the highest crowd in any division was the 60,000 who were at Old Trafford for the United game with Sunderland?...

I wasn't even born then and seeing as it has nothing to do with Liverpool i wouldn't expect to know that so no i am not aware of that.
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #59: Mar 15, 2009 05:34:15 pm
      I wasn't even born then and seeing as it has nothing to do with Liverpool I wouldn't expect to know that so no I am not aware of that.

I'm just trying to get it across that United fans aren't all glory hunters because I can remember very well when Liverpool were winning the title most years. At this time United were winning nothing (the cup once in a while) but still had the biggest crowds so we may have a few glory hunters but Liverpool had them at the time as well you know....

Every cockney I meet on holiday now turns out to be a Chelsea fan now and before they were all Arsenal fans...;)...

Actually I have some friends who were always Chelsea fans since they were winning nowt so they're alright...
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #60: Mar 15, 2009 05:42:27 pm
      I'm just trying to get it across that United fans aren't all glory hunters because I can remember very well when Liverpool were winning the title most years. At this time United were winning nothing (the cup once in a while) but still had the biggest crowds so we may have a few glory hunters but Liverpool had them at the time as well you know....

I never said that all United fans are glory hunters to be fair and yes of course Liverpool have had their fair share of glory hunters, as have Chelsea, Arsenal, Madrid, Milan etc. Every top team has them but since United 1st won the league under Fergie there have been a lot more glory hunters on their behalf IMO.
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #61: Mar 15, 2009 05:53:03 pm
      I never said that all United fans are glory hunters to be fair and yes of course Liverpool have had their fair share of glory hunters, as have Chelsea, Arsenal, Madrid, Milan etc. Every top team has them but since United 1st won the league under Fergie there have been a lot more glory hunters on their behalf IMO.

Not you personally but there are a lot of posters on here who think that most United fans are glory hunters, anyway you're right of course, every successful club has its share of glory hunters and of course since we first won the league in 1993 a lot of 'em have been crawling out of the woodwork, that's life...

Anyway I have attended much worse thrashings than your lot handed out yesterday so not being raised ONLY on success I can see it as a mere blip...;)...
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #62: Mar 15, 2009 10:05:36 pm

First thing that struck me as well.  Wonder how much money they make out of all that - F***ing eyesore though.

King Cantona, I think I was talking about mid and late 80's up to your title win.  I think your capacity was 56,000 from around 1975.

Here's a graph off Wikipedia. (Average OT attendances)

Anyway, I'm not getting in to an argument.  I'm not for a minute suggesting that United don't have a true fanbase such as yourselves, and I appreciate your contributions to the discussions on this board.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #63: Mar 15, 2009 10:07:14 pm
      Anyway I have attended much worse thrashings than your lot handed out yesterday so not being raised ONLY on success I can see it as a mere blip...;)...

I've seen much more convincing thrashings by Liverpool as well, like on Tuesday night against Real Madrid. ;)

King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #64: Mar 15, 2009 10:30:48 pm
      First thing that struck me as well.  Wonder how much money they make out of all that - f**king eyesore though.

King Cantona, I think I was talking about mid and late 80's up to your title win.  I think your capacity was 56,000 from around 1975.

Actually the capacity was around 60,000 at the time, I remember us playing Tottenham, Leeds and Everton where the crowd was in excess of 60,000. The gates were often locked although there was only 58,000 in the ground, when we played Liverpool we never had the full 60,000 as these were all ticket matches but I liked it when they locked the gates and no more people could get in because it meant we were packed out. And this happened very often...
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #65: Mar 23, 2009 12:08:49 am
      Just checked RedCafe to see some reactions, and it's pretty negative there.

Most of them are clinging to the international break as their last lifeline.

;D
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,363 posts | 8617 
      Reply #66: Apr 13, 2009 09:06:35 pm
      For once I'm not going to slag RedCafe or United.

http://www.redcafe.net/f7/hillsborough-243540/
      Some very moving tributes and even a few who feel a bit more enlightened.

From all the tributes that were left at Anfield, it's the one that I saw pinned to a Kop door that has stuck with me the most. It went simply:

"Just like the pheonix rose from the ashes of Munich,
      So too will the Liverbird rise again.

You Never Walk Alone

From All the lads on the Stretty."

Sometimes they're not all bad.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #67: Apr 13, 2009 09:25:43 pm
      Just read all those posts on Redcafe, it's nice to see for once putting the bitter rivalry aside and reflecting on what's really important here.

Like in all walks of life there are the good and there are the bad.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #68: Apr 13, 2009 09:33:39 pm
      For once I'm not going to slag RedCafe or United.

http://www.redcafe.net/f7/hillsborough-243540/
      Some very moving tributes and even a few who feel a bit more enlightened.

From all the tributes that were left at Anfield, it's the one that I saw pinned to a Kop door that has stuck with me the most. It went simply:

"Just like the pheonix rose from the ashes of Munich,
      So too will the Liverbird rise again.

You Never Walk Alone

From All the lads on the Stretty."

Sometimes they're not all bad.

That's good to see that. Fair play.

Quick Reply