Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Liverpool v. Man City Match Thread

Read 41234 times
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Re: Liverpool v. Man City Match Thread
      Reply #483: Feb 22, 2009 05:05:09 pm
      We were three down in Istanbul, we were off-form and Milan were fizzing and look what happened there.

Anything can happen in football, that's the sort of game it is.

I'll believe until the day its mathematically over.

I agree, and I feel the same.

Still, I have the feeling that United's advantage at this point of the season is down mainly to our lack of form rather than them playing brilliantly.

We've got to stop throwing points away!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #484: Feb 22, 2009 05:05:14 pm
      has anyone's got rafa's number? i d like to text him to get his act together! - 18 wins will be equalled this year....and we only have ourselves to blame - or maybe rafa!

Or people like you.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #485: Feb 22, 2009 05:05:48 pm
      I for one think that we need all the luck going just to get close to the top. My gut reaction is either Gerrard is that good or most of our players are just ordinary. When Aurelio came on we had the upper hand but until then it looked like we could play until Christmas in the second half and not score. the first half was our own fault that we never went in 3 goals up and until we put chances away we shall always pay the price.
      RedDrog
      • Forum John Toshack

• 264 posts |
      Reply #486: Feb 22, 2009 05:06:22 pm
      another home draw. they've caught up on us and ultimately have cost us. very disappointed
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #487: Feb 22, 2009 05:06:32 pm
      Dropping points to a Man City side who have only won one match away all season was not part of the script.  Once again the way we finished the game was the way we SHOULD have started the game.

Why do we sit back for 80 minutes before we become attacking?

Why was Lucas left on the park?

Why was Keane not replaced with another striker, you cant win the title with one striker.

We should have attacked the way we did in the last 10 minutes in the first 10 minutes, and we would have won 5 or 6-2. I hate this defensive mindset that is Rafa Benitez.
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #488: Feb 22, 2009 05:06:53 pm
      has anyone's got rafa's number? I d like to text him to get his act together! - 18 wins will be equalled this year....and we only have ourselves to blame - or maybe rafa!

Rafa can't be blamed for the amount of ball given away by well paid pros. Yes he picks the team but these players should be capable of better
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #489: Feb 22, 2009 05:07:18 pm
      BBC has their goal down as an OG
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #490: Feb 22, 2009 05:08:12 pm
      Why was Keane not replaced with another striker, you cant win the title with one striker. 

What? ???

We have Babel, Kuyt and N'Gog.
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #491: Feb 22, 2009 05:08:23 pm
      Why does Rafa stay defensive until the 80th minute and then start ordering our players to attack, the whole game apart from the last ten minutes we were defensive and then decided to start testing them. Why can't we attack from the start? The only time in that game that our players shown passion and determination to win the game was late on.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #492: Feb 22, 2009 05:08:32 pm
      has anyone's got rafa's number? i d like to text him to get his act together! - 18 wins will be equalled this year....and we only have ourselves to blame - or maybe rafa!

What's he done wrong today?
      He put out as strong a team as he could, a team that should be able to crush City. The players weren't up for it.
      He had Gerrard and Alonso missing, he did all that he could.

Put this draw on the players heads, not the managers.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,260 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #493: Feb 22, 2009 05:08:53 pm
      has anyone's got rafa's number? I d like to text him to get his act together! - 18 wins will be equalled this year....and we only have ourselves to blame - or maybe rafa!
      Or Souness, or Evans, or Houllier.....
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #494: Feb 22, 2009 05:09:01 pm
      I agree, and I feel the same.

Still, I have the feeling that United's advantage at this point of the season is down mainly to our lack of form rather than them playing brilliantly.

We've got to stop throwing points away!

Theres no doubt about it Ayrton.  Think of all the draws, especially at home.  If we had even of had 3 wins from them we'd only be a point behind, and dont listen to all that sh*te in the media, they aren't playing that well.  They are sneaking victories by the odd goal, and thats something we haven't done enough of.
      northennutta
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 87 posts | -2 
      Reply #495: Feb 22, 2009 05:09:07 pm
      BBC has their goal down as an OG

So not fair, yea gave the helping hand probs would have been saved otherwise but i dont think it can be classed as OG  
      « Last Edit: Feb 22, 2009 05:10:12 pm by ayrton77, Reason: Fixed quote »
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #496: Feb 22, 2009 05:09:25 pm
      Honestly all that optimistism has to stop. It has to get into our head right now- that we are 7 points behind with just 12 games left. reality has just to get into our heads and the players' heads right now. its either we win all games or we'll lose the league. anyhow winning all games doesnt gaurentee us the league either. we have to think that we are on the brink of losing the title, we have to have that mentality that we are 3-0 in istanbul in every game. the pride of the players will let us down. the fear of losing will drive us on.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #497: Feb 22, 2009 05:09:31 pm
      That display was just pure pish i'm sorry to say. No killer instinct, no creativity and way too predictable in our approach.

northennutta
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 87 posts | -2 
      Reply #498: Feb 22, 2009 05:09:36 pm
      sh*t sorry not very good at this whole quote thing :P
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      Reply #499: Feb 22, 2009 05:10:45 pm
      sh*t sorry not very good at this whole quote thing :P

Looks fine to me! ;)
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #500: Feb 22, 2009 05:10:58 pm
      Dropping points to a Man City side who have only won one match away all season was not part of the script.  Once again the way we finished the game was the way we SHOULD have started the game.

Well done for stating the obvious.

Because he was having a relatively good game.

There are several threads about that on here, use the search button. Or incase you are too lazy to do so - Keane contributed F**k all to the club in the way of goals, so what on earth would need replacing? He didn't replace anyone, so why should we replace someone who doesn't need replacing?

We should have attacked the way we did in the last 10 minutes in the first 10 minutes, and we would have won 5 or 6-2.

Your maths amazes me, as City only scored one goal - but you are right.

I hate this defensive mindset that is Rafa Benitez.

Oh here we go ...

make way for the Rafa bashers, everyone!
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #501: Feb 22, 2009 05:11:34 pm
      need wednesday to go well so the team don't dwell on this. Thought in the first half we were really good. The passing and control was crisp and fluid...just lacked a goal. Second half we were desperately unlucky to concede and not score 2 or 3 of our own.

Not a bad performance, just a poor result.

The one thing that is clear though is the lack of quality in the squad and just how poor we are anywhere on the left. Reira can't beat a man anymore, Dossena is just awful, Aurelio is committed but appears to be consistently average whilst Babel is....to be polite, not up to it.

Its not over till its over...got to dig in and keep positive.
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #502: Feb 22, 2009 05:12:01 pm
      On another note.. Alan Green and Lawro should be ashamed of themselves for their commentary today on 5 live.. so one sided it was'nt funny.. Lawro seems to have forgotten his roots.. Alan Green has his head so far up fergies hole he can't see beyond united..
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #503: Feb 22, 2009 05:12:14 pm

Why do we sit back for 80 minutes before we become attacking?

Why was Lucas left on the park?

We should have attacked the way we did in the last 10 minutes in the first 10 minutes, and we would have won 5 or 6-2. I hate this defensive mindset that is Rafa Benitez.

You can't blame lucas for this he didn't play any worse than anyone else, honestly some people are so convinced that lucas isn't good enough that they blame him for anything that goes wrong.

I could of sworn we played a 4-4-2 today and our second striker scored a goal today so to say we have one striker is a load of bull.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #504: Feb 22, 2009 05:12:59 pm
      I'm not angry. I'm just disappointed. It was a tough game. We missed Gerrard and Alonso's creative play. It's not impossible, but it will be difficult.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #505: Feb 22, 2009 05:13:44 pm
      Alright, lets just forget this. Im just too disappointed to speak about it. I have to sleep now, having an exam tomorrow and its 1am here. good night. YNWA.

Quick Reply