Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

Liverpool v. Man City Match Thread

Read 41108 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Liverpool v. Man City Match Thread
      Reply #552: Feb 22, 2009 05:52:44 pm
      I don't understand why you have used past terms, as if we no longer do them things.

It's been a while since I passed my 'A' Level English (1979) young Witto but when I finished my post by saying "I still hold this to be true"; I would have thought that that phrase covers the present. I didn't mean to confuse you - sorry
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #553: Feb 22, 2009 05:55:15 pm
      I would have thought that that phrase covers the present. I didn't mean to confuse you - sorry
      No problem. Didn't see that sentence to be honest. I just thought you didn't think the fans were like you were saying, anymore.
      barrymanulow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,014 posts | -14 
      Reply #554: Feb 22, 2009 05:55:31 pm
      I think the whole Keane episode stinks.    Well before the transfer window was up we should have sold Keane and used the cash to bring another natural striker in.

For days like today you need every attacking threat you can muster, and with due respect Babel and El Zhar are not quite what you want when you want to throw the kitchen sink at someone. The owners came into town that week only to line their coat pockets with the cash from the sale of Keane........ nothing else.
      Disgraceful!!!!!!
      lfc tom
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #555: Feb 22, 2009 05:58:04 pm
      I am very disappointed, we should have been at least 2 up in the first half just didn't finish our chances.
      There goal was lucky would not have gone in if it wasn't for the deflection.  :mad:
      Witto
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,621 posts | 15 
      • Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Dooo Luis Suarez.
      Reply #556: Feb 22, 2009 05:59:09 pm
      I think the whole Keane episode stinks.    Well before the transfer window was up we should have sold Keane and used the cash to bring another natural striker in.

For days like today you need every attacking threat you can muster, and with due respect Babel and El Zhar are not quite what you want when you want to throw the kitchen sink at someone. The owners came into town that week only to line their coat pockets with the cash from the sale of Keane........ nothing else.
      Disgraceful!!!!!!
      This is completely off topic but, I think someone world class is coming in at the end of the season, I think Rafa needed to sell Keane to create money for this certain player, so he sold Keane as quick as possible to make a 'deposit' to make sure he signs this player and no one else attempts to.
      willkopite
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 28 posts |
      Reply #557: Feb 22, 2009 05:59:27 pm
      Can anybody explain what Lucas Leiva brings to the team ? Am I alone puzzled at his frequent inclusion
      lfc tom
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 35 posts |
      Reply #558: Feb 22, 2009 06:01:07 pm
      This is completely off topic but, I think someone world class is coming in at the end of the season, I think Rafa needed to sell Keane to create money for this certain player, so he sold Keane as quick as possible to make a 'deposit' to make sure he signs this player and no one else attempts to.

Lets hope so we need another big star
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #559: Feb 22, 2009 06:02:26 pm
      Can anybody explain what Lucas Leiva brings to the team ? Am I alone puzzled at his frequent inclusion
      he was included today out of necessity.. no other reason.. Rafa had no one else. can't see him starting too much from now on
      chrislfc22
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 372 posts | -6 
      Reply #560: Feb 22, 2009 06:02:54 pm
      I just want to highlight a couple of things that have worried me today......however its not going to change the result today or the very poor performance of certain players i.e Lucas.

DOSSENA instead of AURELIO WHY??
      EL ZHAR on instead of BABEL WHY?? ( he finally came on 8 mins to go )
      Another thing is the commentator highlighted Agger cannot even get on our bench?

Without Gerrard and Alonso i feel the creativity is not there!

fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #561: Feb 22, 2009 06:04:00 pm
      Lets hope so we need another big star
      Sammy Etoo might sign this summer for an english club.. it's only a matter of time before he is ousted by Bojan
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #562: Feb 22, 2009 06:11:11 pm
      Dissapionted.
      fins
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 396 posts |
      Reply #563: Feb 22, 2009 06:13:20 pm
      I just want to highlight a couple of things that have worried me today......however its not going to change the result today or the very poor performance of certain players I.e Lucas.

Another thing is the commentator highlighted Agger cannot even get on our bench?

Without Gerrard and Alonso I feel the creativity is not there!

dossena for aurelio does not make sense..
      As for babel, i think there must be something going on between him and benitez.. he just isn't getting a look in!
      HampshireRed
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 702 posts |
      • If I'm not back in 15 minutes.....wait longer
      Reply #564: Feb 22, 2009 06:14:09 pm
      I won't give up on them until it is mathematically impossible to win the league but I have to admit my confidence took a dent along with everyone elses I would imagine. Let's keep behind the team though. We have some massive games coming up.
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #565: Feb 22, 2009 06:16:19 pm
      On another note.. Alan Green and Lawro should be ashamed of themselves for their commentary today on 5 live.. so one sided it was'nt funny.. Lawro seems to have forgotten his roots.. Alan Green has his head so far up fergies hole he can't see beyond united..

Agree mate.What the F**k is Lawro's problem with Liverpool?There has to be something going on there!!!Almost seemed to be enjoying our missfortunes,sticks the knife in at every opportunity.And just to make us feel better ,stated in his column yesterday "Moyes the best manager in the Prem"FFS I give up.

:f_steam: :mad:
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #566: Feb 22, 2009 06:20:26 pm
      No comments for me on the match, only that we did not take our chances and seem we have to create many to get a goal the rest   has been said in these 29 pages
      a little difficult now to catch up but hope will never die till its mathematically impossible to get there
      StevieGfan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #567: Feb 22, 2009 06:21:22 pm
      I won't give up on them until it is mathematically impossible to win the league but I have to admit my confidence took a dent along with everyone elses I would imagine. Let's keep behind the team though. We have some massive games coming up.

agree. exactly how i feel too. today put a dent in the belief i agree but has not destroyed it n i will keep behind the lads until the end.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #568: Feb 22, 2009 06:27:32 pm
      FFS

Pure dissapointment. Didnt think we would score at all today, lack of creativity.... Babel was bloody poor when he came on, f****** piss poor. God help us.
      12 more games to go. Anything still is possible.

I will still keep on believing.

YNWA
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #569: Feb 22, 2009 06:33:04 pm

Well said. 7 points is alot TBH

beat them at OT = 4 point gap.

There are some big games coming up. City could even go to OT and get a win,,,

Anything is possible boys and girls.

Am sure we gonna get some stick 2mrw at work/school/college/uni etc

But dont throw in the towel if anything dont agree with the mancs.

Defend our boys.

Think about Real for now. We get a result there it would help us kick start our momentum.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8622 
      Reply #570: Feb 22, 2009 06:48:29 pm
      I'm a bit depressed after that.

Couldn't understand why take off Mascherano when he was winning battles and the ball in the middle of the park and leave that useless c**t Lucas on. I think Dossena started instead of Aurelio because he has a little bit more pace. And for all the sh*t he's taken, I though he had a decent game today, plent of times he was ignored when in acres of space on the left.

It's still not over, but the players need a good kick up the arse and show some F***ing bollocks for a fight, cos at the moment we're gift wrapping this title for them manc cu*ts.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #571: Feb 22, 2009 07:11:09 pm
      I just want to highlight a couple of things that have worried me today......however its not going to change the result today or the very poor performance of certain players I.e Lucas.

IMO El Zhar came on and done well and in the parts of games he has played he has done more than what Babel has done except for the winner against the Mancs obviously. At least El Zhar shows the passion and effort for the shirt.
      mmdalglish
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts | -2 
      Reply #572: Feb 22, 2009 07:13:50 pm

because el zhar tries harder than babel is my answer to that
      mmdalglish
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts | -2 
      Reply #573: Feb 22, 2009 07:15:09 pm
      spot on with your assesment of el zhar king kenny
      andy5star
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 63 posts |
      Reply #574: Feb 22, 2009 07:23:38 pm
      I really do hate to say this but our idiot manager has finally lost my confidence despite trying to defend him for so long.

Why play Lucas at all? they were all bad but this lad looks bad in the reserves.

i agree with Aldridge, i would've played Aurellio and maybe put Spearing on later. how did that idiot play the whole match. is Riera even going to get a full match?
      why does he always make subs on 60mins? even when we are in need of a change in personel when we have to score. remember him putting Crouch and Bellamy on for 6mins in the Champions League final when 2-0 down!

we have better reserves than squad members, Insua is better than Dossena. spearing is better than Lucas and i can't belive he hasn't given Derby a game.
      Ngog £1m? that's not funny.

rafa is a fool.

it's his fault if they don't believe they can perform without Gerrard and Alonso, he obviously doesn't inspire them with confidence. they are all his players after 5 years and he is the one picking dodgy line ups and making bad substitutions. the only time he gets a sub right is when he puts a player on that he should have started in the first place.

the zonal marking fiasco..we let more set piece goals in more than any other team in the premiership (fact). when is it finally going to click with him that it doesn't work? or is he just too stubborn?

it his down to him that we haven't been more successful.

bad choice of signings. he has had the money he just spends far too much money on lots of average players instead of 1 good one. he has consistantly sold the wrong players because he didn't see fit to play them. Crouch was a good player for us Keane could've been given the chance. yet he plays average players too much ie Lucas, Babel, kewell, josemi.....how come they get a game and the big signings don't?

would you bet against him selling Alonso at the end of the season?

and now they're trying to pursuade him to sign a new contract. unbelievable.

Quick Reply