Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 27th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W7 D2 L1

David Villa (Valencia -> Barcelona)

Read 256388 times
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Re: David Villa (Valencia)
      Reply #1771: Dec 01, 2009 11:15:02 pm
      If H&G fund this move.. all will be forgiven :P
      cezar_sl
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 612 posts |
      Reply #1772: Dec 02, 2009 01:15:11 am
      Well theres United's Ronaldo money gone.
      Unlikely, they have a debt just a big as ours.
      If H&G fund this move.. all will be forgiven :P
      I'd rather have a new stadium.
      hoganov
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,716 posts | 162 
      Reply #1773: Dec 02, 2009 02:49:30 pm
      We could never afford him. Even if we had some investment from somewhere.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #1774: Dec 02, 2009 03:00:07 pm
      He's expressed a wish to go to old toilet so he's talked himself out of a job there..........no probs
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,286 posts | 936 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #1775: Dec 06, 2009 02:56:24 pm
      71 pages wasted because it ain't going to happen
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,929 posts | 825 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #1776: Dec 06, 2009 04:07:20 pm
      72, Actually  :f_tongueincheek:
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1777: Dec 06, 2009 04:55:08 pm

And about 10 pages consisting of this sort of post.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,361 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1778: Dec 06, 2009 05:00:30 pm

is right. Few blind people on here seem to miss the fact WE AINT GOT ANY MONEY!!!!!!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #1779: Dec 06, 2009 05:01:24 pm
      Yet here you all are, bumping the thread with pointless posts.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,361 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1780: Dec 06, 2009 05:08:58 pm
      Yep so Ill head over to the David Silva thread, oh hang on...................... ....is there a thread for any players under a million?
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #1781: Dec 08, 2009 08:20:35 am
      If only if only... sorry for a stupid post.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #1782: Dec 08, 2009 10:32:55 am
      Few blind people on here seem to miss the fact WE AINT GOT ANY MONEY!!!!!!
      None of us really know that though. Don't listen to the 'experts' on telly or take notice of what's said in the papers. There are all kinds of things going on behind the scenes with new deals being signed here and there and assets being sold elsewhere. Rafa could walk into a big job anywhere in the world and I honestly suspect that he sees a light at the end of the tunnel. Might not be in January but who knows.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,477 posts | 8670 
      Reply #1783: Dec 08, 2009 06:56:24 pm

Torres, Reina, Mascherano?
      leeboy30
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,409 posts | 64 
      Reply #1784: Dec 08, 2009 07:22:33 pm
      None of us really know that though. Don't listen to the 'experts' on telly or take notice of what's said in the papers. There are all kinds of things going on behind the scenes with new deals being signed here and there and assets being sold elsewhere. Rafa could walk into a big job anywhere in the world and I honestly suspect that he sees a light at the end of the tunnel. Might not be in January but who knows.

Believe me mate we all hope that too but we're making transfer profits at the moment after a decent season last year. The way this one is goin would suggest sales only and no new buys. Theres no evidence that theres no money but look at the signings we made and didnt make.

Personally think the kyrgiakos deal shows just how bad things are. Phil Brown already said he talked to Rafa about Michael Turner yet we bought kyrgiakos. reason why.. Turner cost 4m and we just dont have that kind of money. Then we kept voronin.

Theres still a monster masch and reina deals to be extended also. chances of anyone coming in January are slim to none. Barca wanted Villa but wouldnt pay the money and considering they ended up with a 68m eur Zlatan instead there must be a massive price tag on his head. hes way out of our price range unfortunately.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #1785: Dec 09, 2009 01:01:51 am
      No, no, maybe....    but that's not what I was talking about, obviously.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #1786: Dec 09, 2009 03:41:45 pm
      The situation as regards financial constraints seems to apply to all of the top clubs in that the structure of these clubs is directly linked to market forces because of the nature of takeovers,buyouts and such transactions.
      There are one or two exceptions - Chelsea and Man City come to mind and the longer the Villa transfer saga lasts the more chance there is of one of these clubs putting an offer in for him. They can buck the trend in the short term and lay their hands on the obscene amount of money being demanded but the key here is "short term" and the phrase also applies to the length of time this conduct can continue.
       If success does not follow the remorseless expenditure at his new club wherever that may be,David Villa might find himself on the move again you know what they  say "what goes around comes around."
      torreSandhuNo9
      • Banned

• 185 posts | -2 
      Reply #1787: Dec 21, 2009 04:53:23 pm
      ;D last time i checked we didn't have a pot to piss in never mind have £40m+ for this guy
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #1788: Dec 21, 2009 08:13:59 pm
      ;D last time i checked we didn't have a pot to piss in never mind have £40m+ for this guy

Why the F**k did you bump the topic up then?

Hadn't been posted in for nearly two weeks. ::)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #1789: Dec 23, 2009 09:56:09 am
      David Villa signals time right to make move to Premier League

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/european_football/article6965770.ece

After flirting with several English clubs in the past, David Villa is eyeing up a move to the Barclays Premier League. The Valencia striker has had a change of heart after failing to secure a transfer to Barcelona or Real Madrid last summer and is finally ready to leave Spain, a message that will be received with interest in the boardrooms of Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City.

As a lightning-fast forward with a rare eye for goal, Villa’s skills remain as compelling as ever, but his circumstances have changed. In an interview with The Times, the 29-year-old admits for the first time that he is willing to move abroad and is ready for a challenge beyond the two giants of Spanish football, which was not the case when Chelsea made a £36 million bid last summer.

“Quite simply, I rejected the possibility of moving abroad at that moment because there were issues that would not allow me to leave my country . . . my wife was pregnant and it didn’t seem right to leave,” he said.

“I like the Premier League a lot. It’s the league I follow the most along with La Liga and I’ve got a lot of friends playing there.

“There are a lot of globally important teams there that play very good football.”

Despite his frustrations at the start of the season, Villa has maintained his outstanding form in front of goal and his 12 goals in 14 league games show that his professionalism prevents his disappointment from affecting his performances.

This has not gone unnoticed by Europe’s top clubs, who are already aware that, with 35 goals in 54 appearances as a full international with Spain, Villa scores goals whatever the circumstances.

“I have a duty to Valencia, it’s my club: the one that pays my wages and with whom I have a contract,” he said. “This summer they’ll have a look at things, analyse them and in time we’ll see what happens.

“All I can do now is stay relaxed, try and score as many goals as possible and have a good a season as possible, as much as with my club as with the national team.”

Valencia have admitted that they need to find about £40 million by the end of next summer to remain solvent — reports claim they have more than €700 million (about £620 million) in debt — and that they must listen to offers for Juan Manuel Mata, David Silva and Villa.

Consequently, the striker is preparing his young family for a move: his English is improving and he is engaging in frequent conversations with Spanish friends, including players and journalists, who have already made the move abroad.

However, Villa’s willingness and capacity to adapt to another country have been questioned by some of his closest allies in the Valencia squad. A senior player said: “He [Villa] needs friends around him. He needs to joke, be understood, be listened to and feel secure in his comfort zone.”

Villa is quick to disagree. “That’s not true. I think that’s said because of what happened in the summer when I rejected a move to another league. I’m someone who left home at 21 years of age to be with my wife and I’ve always been a long way from my family — and I really don’t see them all that often. I’m a survivor.

“Adapting to a new language, to the football, it’s all part of being a footballer. Having said that, I’m comfortable here, calm, happy; I show that better out on the pitch than in front of a microphone.

“We’re still a long way off from the months of June and July, and when they come around we’ll analyse the situation then.”

There may be another twist to this story in March, when the contract runs out with his representative, José Luis Tamargo. Countless agents have been in touch with the player, promising him the best deal out of a move to one of Europe’s biggest clubs.

Tamargo has been contacted by the decision-makers at Chelsea, Manchester City, United, Liverpool and Arsenal in the past two years, but the list of realistic potential suitors in England has been reduced to just three.

Chelsea would love to partner Villa with Drogba, but know that a move in January is impossible, while a transfer embargo is likely to prevent a summer move. Manchester City have been willing to push for him in the recent past, but their project has, until now, not been attractive enough for the player.

Manchester United have also registered an interest, but have never followed it up with an offer.

Villa believes that there has never been a better time for the best English clubs to make their move for one of the very best Spanish players around. “Maybe quite a few years ago, Spanish players were reluctant to leave La Liga for another league,” he said.

“But that’s all changed now. There are very important players, a showcase of Spanish footballers playing for Premier League clubs; and there are players in other leagues, lesser leagues, as well.

“I think that the Spanish footballer has changed in this aspect in the last few years.”

• David Villa will appear in Goles y goles y goles on Sky Sports 1 at 7pm on December 30

Do believe the hype

Playing record

Clubs: Valencia, Real Zaragoza, Sporting Gijón Domestic record: 182 goals, 336 league games European club record: 16 goals, 42 games

International class

How Villa’s international record compares with other leading Spain forwards:

Villa 35 goals, 54 games Raúl 44, 102 Fernando Torres 23, 71 Fernando Morientes 27, 47

Wanted man?

Villa has interested plenty of top European clubs in recent years but is yet to secure a big move.

Liverpool Recommended by Torres to Rafael Benítez last summer, but the Liverpool manager believed that to accommodate Villa he would have to build the team around the Spain forward.

Barcelona Had £37 million bid turned down last summer, with Valencia wanting £45 million.

Chelsea Attempted to sign Villa in the summer but put off by fee and believed he wanted to stay in Spain.

Real Madrid Sought other targets, notably Karim Benzema for £30 million, after talks in June.

Manchester United Continue to have a longstanding interest but chose to reinforce forward line with Michael Owen in the summer.

Oh what could be if we had rich owners that would put their hands in their pockets.

Funnily enough I said the other day a mate of mine told me Rafa was talking to Valencia about a player and it would involve a cash/swap deal and both players were open to that deal. hmmmm.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #1790: Dec 23, 2009 10:01:23 am
      If we sold Dossena £5 million, Voronin £4 million, Babel £7-8 million we could raise between £15-20 million, nowhere near enough.

The only way I could see this even possibly happening would be if Mascherano forced us to sell him, then we'd have the readies.

But we'd be left with a big gap in midfield that would also need filling, unless people think Lucas is ready to fill it.

The maths would be tricky to say the least!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1791: Dec 23, 2009 02:22:17 pm
      Would love this lad if we had decent owners we would have signed him 2 or 3 years ago and won a league on the back of the Torres and Villa partnership, I've no doubt he would have come to us. But instead with our great owners we are been linked to the likes of Beattie and Heskey
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,041 posts | 3966 
      Reply #1792: Dec 23, 2009 02:52:53 pm
      Would love this lad if we had decent owners we would have signed him 2 or 3 years ago and won a league on the back of the Torres and Villa partnership, I've no doubt he would have come to us. But instead with our great owners we are been linked to the likes of Beattie and Heskey
      It'd be a F***ing joke if it weren't true.
      StevieG123
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #1793: Dec 23, 2009 06:33:11 pm
      If we sold Dossena £5 million, Voronin £4 million, Babel £7-8 million we could raise between £15-20 million, nowhere near enough.

The only way I could see this even possibly happening would be if Mascherano forced us to sell him, then we'd have the readies.

But we'd be left with a big gap in midfield that would also need filling, unless people think Lucas is ready to fill it.

The maths would be tricky to say the least!

Remember though that if we were to sell Masch and the deadwood to raise the money, Villa would partner Torres, which would mean Gerrard would move back to midfield so would there be much of a hole there with Gerrard and Aquilani making up the middle?

Quick Reply