Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Liverpool v Real Madrid - Match thread

Read 37017 times
      wallbanger
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,181 posts |
      Re: LIVERPOOL vs Real madrid..match thread
      Reply #299: Mar 10, 2009 11:14:20 pm
      unbelivable performance performance hope it carries forward to the fixture with man utd  this weekend. torres was on fire so was everyone else.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #300: Mar 10, 2009 11:15:01 pm
      Ijust think it just goes to show how much stronger the Premier League is to La Liga and the other so called top European Leagues thar We could swat the mighty Real Madrid aside so easily. GO ON TO ROME u Mighty Redmen.  ;D
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #301: Mar 10, 2009 11:15:23 pm
      Torres can't score against Real Madrid? HE JUST DID.

I hope we can beat Man United on Saturday :)

Kinda pity Casillas, he was so dejected. Hope he isn't feeling the lowest point of his career like Shay Given. Then Casillas moves to Barcelona :o
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #302: Mar 10, 2009 11:17:23 pm
      Absoulutely fantastic performance we felw out of the blocks and maintained the pressure right up until the 93 minute. This performance should be a tribute to RAFAEL BENITEZ, the sh*t he has put up after the Boro game which seemed to overshadow our first leg win then the injuries that fueled the media to say we have no chance ahead of the biggest week of the year. Well what a F***ing way to respond not only did 100% of the analysts, footall experts predict we were going to sit back and defend our lead but what a way for the great man to respond. He set the boys out there for a dominant display of attacking football. We put 4 goals in against Europe's most in form club at present and set ourselves up for Old trafford with breeming confidence. I sh*t you not Ferguson would have seen that performance tonight and will not be sleeping easy more for him to think about ahead of Inter's game.
      Well done boys roll on the mighy Reds!!!

IN RAFAEL BENITEZ I TRUST!!!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #303: Mar 10, 2009 11:19:18 pm
      That walk back from the match was a sweet one.

I don't know where to start with the praise. Team selection, players' attitude or the noise we made. Everything was spot on.

They couldn't live with us tonight and I am not surprised at that. On our day at Anfield, we're a nightmare for anyone. And this is the progress that Benitez has made which so many people fail to admit.

When we played Barcelona in 2001 in the UEFA Cup I was far more nervous and edgy. Tonight I was just pumped up and hoping our players were up for it. And they were.

We played as a team and we were top class. Love it!

Was good to meet alsmal before the game! Well in mate!

Torres in front of the Real fans.  ;)

glennusmc
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,836 posts | 477 
      Reply #304: Mar 10, 2009 11:23:26 pm
      What a game, IMO the best game Torres has played this season. He had passion and the fire, and showed it Just need to carry this passion to Old Trafford.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Re: Liverpool v Real Madrid - Match thread
      Reply #305: Mar 10, 2009 11:51:23 pm
      Just got back. Had many good Euro nights but this ranks amongst the best. The saying "when the goin gets tough" etc. applies very well to our players, manager and backroom staff tonight, well done and thank you, yet again I'm proud to be a Red. YNWA.
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #306: Mar 10, 2009 11:53:45 pm
      this performance was awesome. The chemistry between stevie and nando was again displayed!! and even Babel dit a great job. What a night!
      Beansie
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 370 posts |
      Reply #307: Mar 10, 2009 11:57:12 pm
      Great scoreline, excellent showing. Reminds me of the game v barca at anfield in 2007. Just this time we took our chances.

Torres looked to have his edge back. Just hope he brings it to the scum on saturday.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #308: Mar 10, 2009 11:57:54 pm
      Was just watching the news when a newsflash appeared;

:f_bluelight: :police: "The search goes on for missing Dutch ace Arjen Robben, last seen entering the Anfield stadium no sign or trace of him since 20:45 the police are appealing for assistance from the public please call 18000-I-M-AN OVERRATED-DUTCH tw*t"  :f_bluelight: :police:
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #309: Mar 10, 2009 11:59:05 pm
      Fantastic!

Believe

YNWA
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #310: Mar 11, 2009 12:21:19 am
      Good result but it wasn't nowhere as tough  as I thought it would be, still you can only beat what's put in front of you and the one thing they could not cope with was the speed and one touch football we played.

One word for the ref, he was sh*te and the number of follow through tackles he let go by Madrid was ludicrous, he should have shown them a few cards maybe then they would have got the message and what was the Ref thinking when he booked Dosena for his first challenge. Hope he gets a long rest back where he came from..........
      « Last Edit: Mar 11, 2009 12:46:03 am by JD, Reason: Changed the F to G at the start of your post! lol. »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #311: Mar 11, 2009 12:47:02 am
      Great result.

Great performance on and off the field.

Adios Real Madrid.

Not a bad word to say about any of Liverpool's players tonight.  They were all excellent.
      dafurf
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | -2 
      Reply #312: Mar 11, 2009 12:57:39 am
      Special shout out for the subs,Lucas,Spearing and Dossena filled in well.
      BLEED_RED
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 604 posts | 22 
      • American Kopite
      Reply #313: Mar 11, 2009 01:11:41 am
      Great Result, and great for Rafa and LFC.

The Press was running riot with this game saying we would sit back and play for the draw, and we come out with fire in our eyes and caught Real with one foot still on the plane.

If this does not get Rafa for the respect he deserves for making Liverpool the European Powerhouse it is than I am not sure what will.

Great result and great night for the Subs who were not only effective, but also a sign we could see more of Spearing and some other non-regular first team players.

I can not wait for the draw, would be great to pick up Roma/Arsenal or Villareal for the easy up into the Semi-finals where we can really stick it to Fergie.

:kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      « Last Edit: Mar 11, 2009 02:55:21 am by BLEED_RED »
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #314: Mar 11, 2009 01:14:03 am
      I was on stage at my gig in Manchester and I asked the crowd down the mic and they shouted back 3-0. Didn't believe them! When I got off it was 4!! Top stuff!
      crouchysrobot
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 311 posts |
      Reply #315: Mar 11, 2009 01:38:59 am
      Just got done watching the match after recording it due to school and athlethics practice. Fantastic performance by everybody on the team. The boys all played great today. I think we could have beat any team in the world tonight, despite the fact that Real were pitiful all match. If Casillas wasn't such a good keeper it could have been even more goals. However, that wasn't a penalty in the first half, clearly hit the shoulder. Whatever though, I'm not complaining.

Also, well done to all the supporters at Anfield this evening, it definitely helped the players perform at their full potential. Well done to Spearing too, almost got a chance at goal mate. I loved the fans signing a Spearing song, brilliant for the lad's confidence. Congrads Dossena at scoring, I think it will definitely help his confidence and hopefully his form.

And to that idiot with the Everton scarf, what the F**k are you doing taking a ticket from someone who supports a football team that can actually play in a real competition? Fucks sake I would take that ticket any day.
      NandoTheLegend
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 139 posts |
      Reply #316: Mar 11, 2009 01:40:48 am
      The performance of the year.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #317: Mar 11, 2009 01:42:44 am
      Just got back from the game...................2 0 past one in the morning, having left the house at 1.45 pm, a long day, but worth every penny and all the hassle and struggles that goes with following Liverpool Football Club.

I don't know where to begin, but we were absolutely awesome tonight particularly in the first half. Let's take nothing away from Liverpool tonight, Real Madrid have barely let in any goals for the last few months, but we swept 4 past them, that alone deserves huge amounts of praise.

Every man in a red shirt tonight stood proud, nobody shirked their responsibility, everyone of them worked for each other, they played as a team, which was a delight to see.

I thought Aurelio was brilliant in the first half, as was Mascherano, Torres took some dreadful beatings again  :f_steam: but it seemed to make him stronger, and I was ecstatic when he scored.

Made up for Stevie as well getting two goals............a fantastic leader on the pitch tonight, and even Dossena hit the target, hopefully this will spur him on to greater things.

Must mention as well little Jay Spearing, what a star he was, he fought for everything, and was not going to give up, no one was bigger than him tonight, he must have felt 10 feet tall when he ran onto the Anfield pitch and heard the kop singing his name.

Made up for Rafa tonight, the kop sang his name time and time again, he must have felt very proud of his team tonight, his tactics were spot on.

Final mention must go to the crowd, in particular the kop, I don't know what it looked like on TV, but it was pretty awesome to be in it tonight, and almost everyone was up for the singing tonight. It was good to here a good repertoire of songs especially.............. Italy, Italy, were the greatest team in Europe and were going to Italy, Italy   :scarf:  Nice one lads, my throat is a bit hoarse, god knows what poor Redkenny's must be feeling like  ;) and my hands are sore with clapping, but hey who cares...............We've just beat Real Madrid. ;D

Nice to have a drink with the gang tonight JD, Redkenny, Venison and Alsmal, nice to meet you Alex
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #318: Mar 11, 2009 01:50:09 am
      my throat is a bit hoarse, god knows what poor Redkenny's must be feeling like  ;) and my hands are sore with clapping,

Yep, my voice is goosed now. And my hand is hurting from banging it on the side of the Kop. You know it's been a good night at Anfield when you go home with bruises.  ;D
      MsGerrard
      Reply #319: Mar 11, 2009 01:54:03 am
      Yep, my voice is goosed now. And my hand is hurting from banging it on the side of the Kop. You know it's been a good night at Anfield when you go home with bruises.  ;D

Is right Kenny la  ;D
      Gui F.J.V
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 47 posts |
      Reply #320: Mar 11, 2009 02:19:05 am
      as Nandothelegend said  ..'The performance of the year.'   what a game ..fantastic.. !
      musu
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 85 posts | -1 
      Reply #321: Mar 11, 2009 03:22:53 am
      I missed it!!!  :f_wah: I set my DVR to record it and raced home from work to watch and it didn't record!!!  :mad: noooooooo!!!!! :f_wah:
       :f_wah:

please tell me it was as beautiful as i imagine it was

Quick Reply