Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 16th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P0 W0 D0 L0

What's your view on City's billionaire owners?

Read 3519 times
      mad red
      • Forum Peter Beardsley
      • Started Topic

• 177 posts | -5 
      What's your view on City's billionaire owners?
      Mar 16, 2009 08:05:15 pm
      I know you will think I sound bitter but dont you think its unhealthy for football that city are willing to pay what they are willing to pay for players ?

Its going to ruin it for other clubs not just us but Liverpool , Arsenal , Villa , Spurs and the rest how can we all be expected to keep up with wages that shity will be willing pay there players.

We all know footballers are greedy we may idolise them but the money they earn is a big part of there careers city will be the first club to pay a player £200,000 grand a week and players will want a piece of it.

Whats your view ?
      « Last Edit: Mar 16, 2009 08:22:37 pm by JD, Reason: Title changed »
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Re: Whats your View on Shitys billionair owners
      Reply #1: Mar 16, 2009 08:12:36 pm
      I know you will think I sound bitter but dont you think its unhealthy for football that city are willing to pay what they are willing to pay for players ?

Its going to ruin it for other clubs not just us but Liverpool , Arsenal , Villa , Spurs and the rest how can we all be expected to keep up with wages that shity will be willing pay there players.

We all know footballers are greedy we may idolise them but the money they earn is a big part of there careers city will be the first club to pay a player £200,000 grand a week and players will want a piece of it.

Whats your view ?

Well their millions are coming in handy this season aren't they? ::)

To be honest, all of the decent players seem to be snubbing them (i.e half our squad, half yours) Kaka was tempted but in the end chose the sensible option. I can't see players with any ambition going there, and hopefully this will be the case.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #2: Mar 16, 2009 08:21:12 pm
      Until they actually improve on the pitch I can't see too many world class players going there. Just like QPR they will be left to sit on their cash. Their will always be those greedy players who will go to them but them kind of players will only ruin a dressing room. All in all I think it is nothing to fear. Man City will be a mid table club for a few more years and I cant see any billionaires waiting for a chance at success, they will eventually leave as soon as they came.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Re: What's your view on City's billionaire owners?
      Reply #3: Mar 16, 2009 08:23:02 pm
      Fingers crossed they buy Ronaldo.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #4: Mar 16, 2009 08:24:20 pm
      Agree with CRK, any player with any sort of ambition has got to take a second look at City.  They may have millions but you gotta know how to spend it.  Although players will be tempted by the silly wages they are paying, they won't win any trophies.
      mad red
      • Forum Peter Beardsley
      • Started Topic

• 177 posts | -5 
      Reply #5: Mar 16, 2009 08:25:25 pm
      Well their millions are coming in handy this season aren't they? ::)

To be honest, all of the decent players seem to be snubbing them (I.e half our squad, half yours) Kaka was tempted but in the end chose the sensible option. I can't see players with any ambition going there, and hopefully this will be the case.

It aint going to happen over night for them is it but in time it more than likely will.

I have a sneaking feeling greedy bollocks Jose Mourinho will end up there when his Inter nightmare is over at the end of the season . They havent taken to him in Italy and as soon as he is available Shity will surely go for him .

Say what you want about United and our money spent but we marketed just like Liverpool and both clubs have history that makes our success seem right but shity will just replace players in the blink of a eye and the young lads will be blocked like at Chelsea.

How would you feel if they came in with a 100 million pound bid for Steve Gerrard and the board turned around and said they couldnt turn down the money for buisness reasons you would be gutted that your idol had been taken .

These guys live in a world where the impossible is possible they want a island in the sea they build it they want the world biggest building they build it so buying a footballer wont be that difficult lets face facts Milan had all but handed Kaka over .

Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #6: Mar 17, 2009 07:32:04 am
      If they offered 100million for Stevie, the board wouldn't accept unless they were somehow against success, but Stevie wouldn't sign that paper.

Although I think City can have their billons of pounds, and continue to pay over the odds for players like Bellamy (please? He'll want out this time next year) and no world class players would go there.

I think the only reason Kaka would even consider it was because he's be playing in the best league and in a team with his international team mates.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #7: Mar 17, 2009 07:41:37 am

Whats your view ?
      If we got new owners and they was to give RAFA unlimited funds to spend on players I do not think there will be many complaints from L.F.C. supporters.If I was Mark Hughes though I would preparing myself to look for another job in the off season.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #8: Mar 17, 2009 07:44:09 am
      Also, City's owners are trying to build their own little team full of superstars and not letting the manager build his team. That's going to hold them back.
      mad red
      • Forum Peter Beardsley
      • Started Topic

• 177 posts | -5 
      Reply #9: Mar 17, 2009 07:11:41 pm
      If we got new owners and they was to give RAFA unlimited funds to spend on players I do not think there will be many complaints from L.F.C. supporters.If I was Mark Hughes though I would preparing myself to look for another job in the off season.

Yeah I could imagine it would be exciting get all that money and star players but lets face facts if either Liverpool or United got that amount of money it would be a joke for the English game. Why you are more than likely thinking because we both have the pulling power to bring in pretty much anyone . You only have to look at Chelsea by all standards they were more than likely the third biggest team in there city yet they got the stars so imagine the pull of our clubs .

I think without doubt if either of us two got that cash Uefa and Fifa would step in and say enough is enough . I know the deal with Sky for United wasnt allowed because of the Tv rights but I see similarites in the deal to say a Arab who only has intrest in winning trophys and not the long term standing of the clubs.

I hate City as much as any other United fan but I would be gutted if the Arab upped and left them out of buisness because it would mean no more Derby games .

Id say cap it clubs can spend what they earn that way there would be no more silly loans like the Leeds scum and no more daft owners buying clubs .

Protection of the bigger clubs will keep the league up in the high standards for years we lose teams like Leeds scum every season and what will we have left Middlesborough , Stoke or Fulham at the cost of Chelsea , Shity or Newcastle teams with real supporters.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,220 posts | 3393 
      Reply #10: Mar 17, 2009 08:01:12 pm
      Couldn't care less, no top class player (other than Given) will want to move to City. Look at Robinho, he can't stand it at Eastlands and even thought he'd signed for Chelsea when he joined.

They'll end up signing good players like Kompany and Bellamy but never good enough players for a top four push. With the talent they have in their youngsters (Hart, Onnouha, Richards, Johnson, Ireland, Sturridge) they should invest in encourging youth. Rather than try and buy success instantly, which is almost impossible for a grim Northern side with very little recent history and a demanding fan base - look at Newcastle, they should have a strong future plan and build for that.

Instead of trying to sign the likes of Robinho and Kaka they should be looking more at the likes of Joe Mattock, Aaron Lennon. Even players like Spearing or Darby from Liverpool or Welbeck and Campbell from United. Talented young British players, like Spurs have done recently and now Villa and Everton are trying.

Breaking into the top four is almost impossible because world stars don't want to play UEFA Cup football, so you need the next best thing which is having a good crop of youngsters.
      Bowlesy88
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 200 posts |
      Reply #11: Mar 18, 2009 03:27:26 am
      It'll ruin football, what about when all their millions leaves City - I'm sure they'll do an Abramovich and say all the money they put in is a loan, then they're gonna be payin' back that mother for years.

I mean they could run up £200m in transfers in one summer alone.
      « Last Edit: Mar 18, 2009 03:33:53 am by Reslivo, Reason: Poor spelling, grammar. »
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #12: Mar 18, 2009 06:14:56 am
      IMO Man City will be the next leeds they'll try to win the EPL qualify for the chamions league etc. and fail miserably after that there billionare owners will piss off leaving them in debt and before they know it the will be sitting at the arse end of the championship but thats just my opinion.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,133 posts | 456 
      Reply #13: Mar 19, 2009 04:47:06 pm
      When Man City finally decide to sack Hughes and get a world class manager, then and only then will they start to attract world class players. Obviously if we had the money or Utd at that level then it really wouldn't be a problem attracting 95% of the world's best.  But if they want the top players of the world they need a coach with a reputation.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #14: Mar 19, 2009 08:57:47 pm
      I do not know how they want this to work. It seems by the way the owners are they want the team to be great and be great now which is a hard way to break the top four. I think you have unlimited funds you could break the top 4 but it will take time to do it. Like said above me you are not going get top players from top clubs without the lure of champions league football and winning things. I think if Man C
      aksh_jaj245
      • Forum David Johnson

• 238 posts |
      Reply #15: Mar 20, 2009 03:20:15 pm
      its just makin the market tough.. or rather impossible for other 'not so rich clubs'.. its bizzare and insane..

ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #16: Mar 20, 2009 03:30:37 pm
      its just makin the market tough.. or rather impossible for other 'not so rich clubs'.. its bizzare and insane..

I wouldn't say impossible.

Lots of players take a great pride in the shirt they wear, and are attracted by the history or prestige of a particular club.

They can't buy the decades of class and trophies that a club like ours has, so there will always be top players willing to snub City to come to Liverpool.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #17: Mar 20, 2009 03:33:09 pm

Whats your view ?

As long as Mark Hughes is at the helm, i think football will survive. Until they get a decent manager then no one will sign for them.

When it happens, i'll be worried because paying 100m pounds for one man is ridiculous, paying him 500k on top of that is absurd. Money is essential but this is taking things to the absolute extreme and i agree that it will kill the passion out of the game.

Inflation within football for transfers will increase 5 fold, wages probably just less. If there is one thing we should be demonstrating to everyone is that greed is unhealthy for society and its the centre of conflict. I see bad things.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #18: Mar 20, 2009 03:43:36 pm
      As long as Mark Hughes is at the helm, i think football will survive. Until they get a decent manager then no one will sign for them.

Interesting you mention that, because I remember reading in one of the articles about Rafa's new contract, it mentioned that an English club had been making unofficial advances to try to attract Rafa before he signed for us.

The clubs mentioned were Chelsea and Man City.
      aksh_jaj245
      • Forum David Johnson

• 238 posts |
      Reply #19: Mar 20, 2009 05:13:59 pm
      Interesting you mention that, because I remember reading in one of the articles about Rafa's new contract, it mentioned that an English club had been making unofficial advances to try to attract Rafa before he signed for us.

The clubs mentioned were Chelsea and Man City.

Rafa would never have gone for the club.. as u mentioned.. even for managers like him.. its not just money.. a lot of pride is involved too

Quick Reply