Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

Sinama Pongolle (Blackburn?)

Read 1981 times
      Jesus
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 9 posts |
      Jan 31, 2006 06:03:43 pm
      Liverpool have allowed striker Florent Sinama-Pongolle to join Blackburn Rovers on loan until the end of the 2005-06 season.
      Blackburn Rovers manager Mark Hughes commented: "We were keen to add to our striking options and we welcome the opportunity to bring Flo here."

France Under-21 international Sinama-Pongolle has scored three goals for Liverpool this season and was signed by former Liverpool manager Gerard Houllier from Le Havre in the summer of 2003, in a double transfer along with Anthony Le Tallec.

Sinama-Pongolle's best moment to date in a red shirt was probably the Olympiacos game in the Champions League at Anfield last season, when he came on as a second half substitute and helped inspire the Reds to the last 16 of the competition.

He was to then miss the rest of the 2004-05 season after injuring his knee in the Carling Cup semi-final win at Watford.

The Reds striker has played 65 games and scored nine goals for Liverpool.

Seems quite good to me. He'll get first team experiance, and come back a better player. And playing with a team such as Blackburn, he'll realise jsut how good it is at Liverpool, feeding his desire to play at Anfield.

Definitly cannot see it being a permanent move though.
      Scouser Tommy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 12 posts |
      Reply #1: Feb 01, 2006 04:13:57 pm
      I was a little disappointed when I heard the news to be honest. I hope it is not a sign that he is being marginalised. As for furthering his football education; is Blackburn really the place to further your career ?
      Jesus
      • Forum Youth Player
      • Started Topic

• 9 posts |
      Reply #2: Feb 01, 2006 08:36:15 pm
      Yeah, thought that after posting, he'll come back spitting and biting, same as any other blackbunn player.

I hope he isn't being kicked out by Rafa, Flo-Po's one of our best strikers, and deserves more starts. Hopefully no option to buy on this loan contract.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #3: Feb 04, 2006 09:05:50 pm
      I agree with Scouser Tommy, i was a bit disappointed whne FSP went, glad its only a temporary thing, he's one of our best strikers, always does the biz when he comes on.  Hope he doesn't take too much notice to Robbie Savage, he'll come back a grizzler.  

anyway Come on you Redmen, we can do Chelsea tomorrow !!     ;D
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Re: Sinama Pongolle (Blackburn? - nah Recreativo!)
      Reply #4: May 05, 2007 01:03:05 am
      Excellent. I get to close one of the very first topics posted on this forum.

Been sold for just under £3 million.  Adios.

http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/lfc-news/2007/05/05/liverpool-sell-striker-for-27-million/

The on-going topic for FSP is here: http://www.lfcreds.com/reds/index.php/topic,507.0.html
      « Last Edit: May 05, 2007 01:04:29 am by koolkidda »

Quick Reply