Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 28th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P5 W1 D3 L1

Chelsea v Liverpool CL QF 2nd Leg - Pre Match

Read 41337 times
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,710 posts | 896 
      Re: Chelsea v Liverpool CL QF 2nd Leg - Pre Match
      Reply #184: Apr 14, 2009 12:28:24 pm
      just read a column at BBC, I think it was Alan Hansen. He is full of crap. If we win this, il personally send him a mail that reminds him that he is a c**t and he should write cricket columns, rather then foottball's, cuz he doesnt have a clue.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #185: Apr 14, 2009 12:37:52 pm
      As our Boss said, we've got nothing to lose, the pressure's on Chelsea, even if we dont get through, nothing will happen to us because we are expected to go out anyway.

But with Liverpool you can expect mircales and you never know. I'm looking forward to this game even though we are down 3-1, and we need 3 goals to rescue the tie. Then again, chats, I had a dream that we won 4-2!

Well, looking forward to this and I'm confident I'm gonna see a Rafa celebration on the papers tomorrow.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #186: Apr 14, 2009 12:55:59 pm
      Just off up to Liverpool to watch this game, Come on You Mighty Reds, I have faith in you to do it.

BELIEVE
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #187: Apr 14, 2009 12:59:20 pm
      Bolton game is completely irrelevant in my book.

Have to disagree with ye.

They conceeded 3 in ten minutes and nearly a 4th. They are palying a far stronger side then Bolton who have 90 minutes to score 3. No matter who they are they will think if we score 1 "here we go again" plus they are palying a side who never know when its beaten. Saturdays results are huge. They shipped 3 with there captain who doesnt play tonight. We scored 4 without our captain who will most likely be playing tonight.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #188: Apr 14, 2009 01:01:15 pm
      Whether the Bolton game is relavant to us or not, it really doesn't affect us, although it could give us the belief that he can be done. Well, we're talking about Liverpool here so I prefer not to talk about Bolton!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,683 posts | 6980 
      Reply #189: Apr 14, 2009 01:01:18 pm
      Ooh.

Look at this - 10 pages on the pre-match Chelsea thread, and we had about 4 on the Blackburn game.

But the title's our priority remember....  :f_whistle:
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #190: Apr 14, 2009 01:09:23 pm
      I just want to see us have a real 100% crack at them and I genuinely BELIEVE wecan do this. I watched a programme about the greatest comebacks in the U.C.L last night and trust me, there has been teams in well worse situations than us and have still gone through!! So come on you mighty redmen, just get the first goal back for starters and take it from there, obviously there's going to be risks that have to be taken, but if we can get that goal early on especially and they will start flapping. There is an air of confidence and invincibility when we get in these situations and they may just be a bit worried coz as Rafa says , the pressure's all on Chelsea now. COME ON REDS, MAKE HISTORY.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,362 posts | 2877 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #191: Apr 14, 2009 01:13:40 pm
      Is it weird that Im sitting here in work telling people we will go through? Should I not be feeling a bit more pessemistic? I just cant see us not doing it I feel 100% sure we will be in the last 4
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #192: Apr 14, 2009 01:14:18 pm
      4 is Liverpool's number this season,my prediction is 4-0 to LFC.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #193: Apr 14, 2009 01:17:26 pm
      There's some fantastic positivity in this thread, I've been really happy with the reactions people have had to the previous Chelsea match and I cannot wait for tonight!
      johnolly
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #194: Apr 14, 2009 01:21:20 pm
      I wish the squad would read these posts before the match and see what it would mean to us to do this, i have just read through this and i am so excited i could pee my pants, we never walk alone!!!
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #195: Apr 14, 2009 01:23:33 pm
      Still over 6 hours to kick-off, can someone fast forward time, can't wait.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #196: Apr 14, 2009 01:26:59 pm
      OK I'm with the positive thought brigade touched with a sense of realism. 1-0 half time followed by an early second half Torres volley, then a 96th minute winner by Stevie. We just need a positve first 10 mins keeping things tight then go for it. Come on you Reds make History.
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #197: Apr 14, 2009 01:29:29 pm
      Still over 6 hours to kick-off, can someone fast forward time, can't wait.

Don't worry i'm currently working on a time-machine. ;)

I wish the squad would read these posts before the match and see what it would mean to us to do this, I have just read through this and I am so excited I could pee my pants, we never walk alone!!!

I'm sure they already know how much it means to us fans! It means a lot to them as well.

BELIEVE
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #198: Apr 14, 2009 01:32:52 pm
      Is it weird that Im sitting here in work telling people we will go through? Should I not be feeling a bit more pessemistic? I just cant see us not doing it I feel 100% sure we will be in the last 4

Exactly how I am feeling now.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #199: Apr 14, 2009 01:33:40 pm
      Come on you redman I am a believr that we can do this.

We will throw hammer and thong at them I am certain of this, with Masch in the middle Ballack and Essien will not be as influential. Scoring in the first half will be crucial, the players have evrything to play for and nothing to lose. I hope our fans are as vocal as ever and get fully behind the boys.

Come on you mighty reds!!!!! BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!

IRWT

aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #200: Apr 14, 2009 01:34:41 pm
      Don't worry I'm currently working on a time-machine. ;)

When you're finished, maybe you can clone a few Torres' and Gerrards' for  the future ;) :f_whistle:
      Naym
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #201: Apr 14, 2009 02:00:52 pm
      I'm all behind the Reds to kick some serious butt tonight! I was very disappointed after the first leg last week because they just let the game slip away from them, there was no urgency at all.

Liverpool is known to have this ability to deliver on the big occasions, when it really matters, do or die situations so I'm actaully loking forward to chilling with my fellow supporters tonight & watch the best team in Europe demolish Chelsea tonight!!!

YNWA:-)
      SmithyBoy
      • Forum Youth Player

• 20 posts |
      Reply #202: Apr 14, 2009 02:07:49 pm
      Having watched the games over the last few weeks, liverpool have been in top form. The quality of football has been top drawer and there is no reason why liverpool cannot score three goals tonight, the only way they won`t is if they don`t perform to that level. You have the players that can produce the result required. Agree that Mascherano will be key influence on game.

First time reply for me , Hello to all and all the best for tonight
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,141 posts | 3383 
      Reply #203: Apr 14, 2009 02:13:55 pm
      Can't wait for the game.

Quicker kick off comes the better. The butterflies are flying round me stomach. We're in a position that isn't all too unfamiliar to us. Even this season we've been behind only to come back and score three (or more) - Man City away, PSV away, Portsmouth away, Man United away and now hopefully Chelsea away.

We need to be lethal in front of goal, we can't afford to miss sitters like we did against Blackburn. But also sound at the back, not give Chelsea any easy chances to extend their lead (or peg it back to four all). It's important we're on them like a rash. I don't expect Stevie to be given much room, so one of our other players have to fill the gap he creates. Kuyt/whichever chosen left winger should drift inwards and allow the full back to bomb on. Or Xabi/Masch should go ahead of Stevie and attack their back four. Either way, we need somebody to stand up and be counted today because Gerrard won't be allowed to with Essien up his arse. Drag Essien back into our half space opens in front of their back four.

I meant overtime by OT, next time I'll write extra time

Sorry mate, my fault.
      waclander
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts |
      Reply #204: Apr 14, 2009 02:18:53 pm
      Just hope Barca don't strain themselves tonight don't want them to have any excuses when we dump them out in the semi's come on the Reds.
      james08kop
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 312 posts | -2 
      Reply #205: Apr 14, 2009 02:35:38 pm
      4 is Liverpool's number this season,my prediction is 4-0 to LFC.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!

and 4 is my lucky number  ;) >:D
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #206: Apr 14, 2009 02:45:57 pm
      wooohoooo not long now i am fooking buzzing for this. i cannot fooking wait!

its going to be hard but i really believe we can turn this around

come on you reds!!

Quick Reply