Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Fergie hits back at Benitez

Read 16799 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Re: Fergie hits back at Benitez
      Reply #23: Apr 14, 2009 12:15:22 am
      you know, this works both ways...I just wish they'd both shut up and focus on their own teams...all this "mind games" gibberish just annoys me.

Yes of course, but don't you think it's about time that somebody played Fergie at his own game? What's even better is that Rafa is blatantly winning.
      Sweeney The Red
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 170 posts |
      Reply #24: Apr 14, 2009 01:18:46 am
      F**k Fergie the wiskey nosed taggart c*nt
      xxLiverPrinc3ssxx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,018 posts | 62 
      • *****YNWA*****
      Reply #25: Apr 14, 2009 02:34:34 am
      Fergie's cracking up! Lately he's just scraping By (results wise) it's clear that he feels the pressure! I love the fact that Man U's downfall started after we trashed them 4-1... :)
      Roland G
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #26: Apr 14, 2009 05:59:23 am
      Rafa is a bull! Now that he has sorted Fergie out, let's do them Chavs at the Bridge. We have a Liverpool nation to inspire and bring new hope to.
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Reply #27: Apr 16, 2009 09:21:41 am
      Ferguson takes sly dig at Benitez

Author: Andrew Allen
      Posted on: 15 April 2009 - 11:53

Sir Alex Ferguson has taken aim at Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez as he prepares for Manchester United’s crunch Champions League tie with Porto.

The Scot will be the only manager in the dug-out tonight after opposite number Jesualdo Ferreira was banned for one match by Uefa following a tirade at an official that accompanied a disallowed goal against Atletico Madrid in the previous round.

The news came as a surprise to Ferguson, although it did provide him with the opportunity to have a sly dig at Anfield boss Rafael Benitez, who has been prodding the United manager with increasing regularity over the last few weeks.

"Why was he banned? I knew he hadn't attacked me - unlike someone else I know," smiled Ferguson.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/17911/Ferguson_takes_sly_dig_at_Benitez.aspx

Not even funny
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #28: Apr 16, 2009 12:28:44 pm
      Falling right into Rafa's hand is Fergie. The 'Master' has become the student it seems.
      Fowlers God
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 58 posts |
      Reply #29: Apr 16, 2009 12:31:05 pm
      All you can do is laugh at him  :lmao:
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #30: Apr 16, 2009 12:32:30 pm

Exactly mate, how F***ing pathetic!

He seems almost more interested in personal battles than the football itself. He's obviously never had to deal with people taking a proper stand to him before and look what's happened, he has no idea how to deal with it. He's obviously never heard of letting things go over your head.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #31: Apr 16, 2009 04:03:20 pm
      OH NOES! FERGUSON IS IN TRUBBLE!
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #32: Apr 16, 2009 04:20:54 pm
      They think they have already won everything. Arrogance will inevitably be their downfall and lets hope it starts this weekend with a draw forcing a replay. No wonder Keegan lost it he is such a pr**k you cant help but hate the guy.
      Fowlers God
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 58 posts |
      Reply #33: Apr 17, 2009 12:55:18 pm
      http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,16368,1776_5199705,00.html

The bitter whiskey nose is at it again.... :mad:
      Cracking up more by the day...  :lmao:
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Fergie cracks up - again!
      Reply #34: Apr 17, 2009 01:13:33 pm
      Fergie blasts arrogant Benitez

Sir Alex Ferguson has accused Rafael Benitez of "arrogance" and showing "contempt" in his dealings with fellow managers.

The Liverpool chief has been in combative mood recently, on several occasions launching verbal volleys at Ferguson.

And ahead of Sunday's FA Cup semi-final with Everton, Ferguson has hit back with a withering assessment of Benitez's conduct.

First he lambasted the Spaniard for his description of Everton as a "small club" before rounding on him for the attitude he showed in dismissing Blackburn last weekend once Liverpool had scored their second goal at Anfield.

"Everton are a big club, not a small one which Benitez arrogantly said," said Ferguson.

"But arrogance is one thing. You cannot forgive contempt, which is what he showed (Blackburn manager) Sam Allardyce last weekend.

"When Liverpool scored their second goal he signalled as if the game was finished. I do not think Sam deserved that.

"Sam has worked so hard for the LMA (League Managers' Association) and he's had a weakened team. I just thought it showed contempt.

"In my experience no Liverpool manager has ever done that. It was beyond the pale."

The tirade should enliven the Premier League title battle when it resumes next week, although Ferguson will feel justified in making the attack.

Benitez had delivered what he claimed to be "facts", about United which the Red Devils do not believe to be true.

And while Ferguson has tried to resist the temptation to respond, this time he felt he needed to make a stand against the Liverpool manager, who feels more sure of his ground after finally steering his club into championship contention despite this week's Champions League exit at the hands of Chelsea.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ferguscum should just shut up. Now who is cracking up? ;D.
      The bit about Everton, Ferguscum, please read Carra's biography. He explained.
      And facts were not true to Scums apparently because you can't count. Who would compare the money spent for 5 years when one manager is in his 5th year in charge and another is about 4 times that?
      « Last Edit: Apr 18, 2009 01:11:39 am by JD »
      dafurf
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | -2 
      Reply #35: Apr 17, 2009 01:24:02 pm
      Alldardyce sounded like a child in the playground on SSN today.
      Fergiescum then took the baton and tried to slag off Rafa as didrepectfull regarding his hand gestures after our second goal against another one of Aldardyces 11 man defensive units.

F**k off Big Sam and F**k off Fergie.
      Stop acting like children.
      Roland G
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #36: Apr 17, 2009 01:26:14 pm
      Fergie's latest outburst suggest that Rafa has really got under his skin. Throwing his hat in the ring with Big Sam (both members of the 4X4 club). Rafa knows exactly how to handle them. I look forward to Rafa's response.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #37: Apr 17, 2009 01:28:22 pm
      If it was contempt Which I doub tits about time someone started taking down these EGOS a peg or 2. Rafa has really got the rattled even without saying anything. Sam must have been on the phone whinging to Fergie about it. Pathetic just Pathetic.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #38: Apr 17, 2009 01:53:47 pm
      :lmao: Oh My Lord he has actually lost the plot.

And why is he Sam's bum boy?
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #39: Apr 17, 2009 02:00:29 pm
      What a pr**k, tw*t and anything you can say about Fergie and Sam. So does this mean that Fergie and Sam are also not allowed to celebrate after their teams score? Complete bollocks Rafa was just joyous at getting 2-0 up so quickly and there Sam and Fergie goes, blasting him. Well, Fergie, don't celebrate! Sam, don't celebrate!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,452 posts | 8660 
      Reply #40: Apr 17, 2009 02:20:49 pm
      :lmao: Oh My Lord he has actually lost the plot.

And why is he Sam's bum boy?

Cos Sam lets him win at Golf!
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #41: Apr 17, 2009 02:41:42 pm
      TBH it's proof that Fergie's cracking up. Apparantely when you're under pressure and don't know what to do, you go back to your childish ways as a "safety blanket" ,it's a defensive mechanism.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,258 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #42: Apr 17, 2009 03:28:31 pm
      I wonder what the psychologists would make of this latest 'Rant'. The guy has an FA.Cup Semi final in 2 days time and he is still whittering on about Rafa, the manager of another team, not the one he is playing.
      LondonRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,000 posts | 46 
      Reply #43: Apr 17, 2009 04:37:01 pm
      knight of the realm?

what an arse.................... .
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #44: Apr 17, 2009 04:38:09 pm
      Actually how is this tw*t a sir.
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #45: Apr 17, 2009 04:40:17 pm
      i wonder whether they were playing golf or planning on next ploy to bash rafa right again...

Quick Reply