Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 14th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P15 W6 D4 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. Cisse - Should he come back?

Sell him
      (51.2%)
      Bring him back
      (48.8%)

Bring Cisse Back

Read 12227 times
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Re: Bring Cisse Back
      Reply #46: Jan 17, 2007 11:32:14 pm
      There is no argument that he can put the ball away in France, and when he played for us in Europe but 13 League goals in 49 games is not good enough for us to push on and win titles. Yes I know he was played out of position but I think his failing is he just isn’t suited to the English game.
      In 19 games for Valencia in the first half of the 2006/07 season, Morientes has scored 12 goals in all competitions, which is equal to the total amount of goals he scored in 61 matches during his time at Liverpool do you want him back as well?

Not Morientes no. But I would offer Cisse one more chance.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #47: Jan 18, 2007 10:17:03 am
      Not Morientes no. But I would offer Cisse one more chance.

I agree he is probably better than our current strikers, but would you still have him back if Rafa is given funding to go out and get the best striker he can?
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #48: Jan 18, 2007 10:19:50 am
      I agree he is probably better than our current strikers, but would you still have him back if Rafa is given funding to go out and get the best striker he can?

I wouldnt have him back anyway, too much of a sulker and a selfish player.   ;)
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #49: Jan 18, 2007 02:48:29 pm
      I'm not sure Rafa will bring in another striker this window to be honest. We could do with one like...
      But lets just think about this...
      Anything can happen in transfer windows..
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Reply #50: Jan 18, 2007 03:10:22 pm
      I'm not sure Rafa will bring in another striker this window to be honest. We could do with one like...
      But lets just think about this...
      Anything can happen in transfer windows..

I doubt he'll buy a striker now, difficult to get any striker of any massive quality and who isn't cup tied for Champs league. Think there will be a shake up in the Summer alright but hope to be proven wrong. We'd take David Villa right now, cup tied or not but can't see any quality players moving in January.

Unless of course he makes a move for big, old. slow Ronaldo who is leaving in this window after just 3 starts this season
      Court LFC
      • Started Topic

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #51: Jan 19, 2007 03:00:14 pm
      I doubt he'll buy a striker now, difficult to get any striker of any massive quality and who isn't cup tied for Champs league. Think there will be a shake up in the Summer alright but hope to be proven wrong. We'd take David Villa right now, cup tied or not but can't see any quality players moving in January.

Unless of course he makes a move for big, old. slow Ronaldo who is leaving in this window after just 3 starts this season
      He's not that slow. Just because he gained a little bit of weight...
      Okay a lot of weight since he has been there don't you think Rafa would try and gain his fitness up? Real Madrid love to see their players fail. Like Beckham... It's prob why they didn't do much about Ronaldo's fitness.
      Cy
      Reply #52: Jan 19, 2007 03:46:18 pm
      Cisse is good but you cant denied that he is a lazy one..His defensive, pressure work in front is inexistant..Kuyt a contrario is working hard all the time, all the game..i agree that we have to see more of kuyt, this guys is the best signing we made since a while in my opinion.

Now about signing a striker..why not, but like homestrip said, it will be difficult to find a top quality one not cup-tied for the champions league.

I think we should go to get a world class goal keeper, i think PEPE is good don't get me wrong, but we ned someone who can directing the defense, someone with the character of the likes shmeichel, van der sar, buffon..Then obviously a right back for cover and we have to go for a striker, someone strong, powerful, who bullied the opposite defense..someone like Yakubu kind of style..
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Reply #53: Jan 19, 2007 05:04:15 pm
      Cisse is good but you cant denied that he is a lazy one..His defensive, pressure work in front is inexistant..Kuyt a contrario is working hard all the time, all the game..I agree that we have to see more of kuyt, this guys is the best signing we made since a while in my opinion.

Now about signing a striker..why not, but like homestrip said, it will be difficult to find a top quality one not cup-tied for the champions league.

I think we should go to get a world class goal keeper, I think PEPE is good don't get me wrong, but we ned someone who can directing the defense, someone with the character of the likes shmeichel, van der sar, buffon..Then obviously a right back for cover and we have to go for a striker, someone strong, powerful, who bullied the opposite defense..someone like Yakubu kind of style..

Totally agree Cy, I like Pepe (most clean sheets in Prem) but his presence on crosses is a bit iffy. All said and done, I'd be quite happy to have him between the sticks till May. When you think about it we lost 3-0 to Arsenal and Everton, 2-0 United and Bolton, and 1-0 Blackburn and Chelsea.

Thats 12 goals in our defeats and only 4 other goals conceded in the other 17 games which is really good and has us on a par with Mancs as lowest conceding team in Premiership.

Totally agree about cover for Finnan, cover for all positions around the park but none really for Steve. Although thats where Carra started his career and if the worst came to the worst he could go right back with Hyypia and Agger in defence. Thats far from the ideal so we do need cover here.

Personally speaking I think Rafa will wait till Summer to weigh up options on a striker, I think he would be quite content to finish 2nd/3rd, get a good run in Champ league and hopefully win it and prepare to start 07/08 season afresh with money in his pocket to have the team HE wants. Future is bright!
      mingles
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      • GOD, THE NATION AND LIVERPOOL
      Reply #54: Jan 19, 2007 08:35:34 pm
      Good post prag, i can't agree with you more,Cisse's not a team player plus he has said he is not interested in returning to anfield.I think we should rather consider bringing back Sinama.He is a player we should give a chance .He is already showing some good form in Spain and with Fowler probably leaving in the summer he could be an option for Rafa. 
      gerrard8
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 100 posts |
      Reply #55: Feb 11, 2007 09:04:09 pm
      yeh he was good but fragile
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #56: Feb 12, 2007 08:40:30 am
      Cant belive there are so many people who want cisse back!!, he had pace and thats about it, his finishing was awful, (how many times did he just shoot straight at the keeper?) he had a average season where he scored 19 or what ever it was but how many of those were against very poor oppisiton?

Yes i would like him to do well in 'France' (what agreat league) but only to increase his value and nothing else............
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #57: Feb 12, 2007 08:57:58 pm
      Let's not go back and find our ex's again shall we? What's done is done, and Cisse belongs in the French league 'nuff said. We've got better players and even better ones will be coming to us this summer
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,673 posts | 6966 
      Reply #58: Feb 12, 2007 09:18:38 pm
      Let's not go back and find our ex's again shall we? What's done is done, and Cisse belongs in the French league 'nuff said. We've got better players and even better ones will be coming to us this summer

Yep. He was good there before and after he joined us.  He may have some qualities that our current crop lack, but he just doesnt defend.  The team ethic is more important than the individual.  But I want him to do well so we can squeeze more money for him in a sale.
      Kernow-Kop
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 80 posts |
      Reply #59: Feb 13, 2007 04:41:28 pm
      i agree with you JD, the best that we can hope for now is a price for him.
      if rafa had wanted cisse, then he would'nt of put him out on loan. it wasnt as though he loaned cisse out to improve, it was more like, loan cisse out to get him out of my sight.
      so i cant see rafa bringing him back. (but then i could be proved wrong :-\ )
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #60: Jun 29, 2007 03:36:14 pm
      Just seen this on BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6254338.stm

Looks like hes finally going, doesnt say a price but I would imaigine is around 5-6m

Had high hopes for him but just wasnt good enough in my opinion and completly wrong attituide. Very bad injuries and hope he doesnt suffer anything like that again!

Good luck Djib :)
      RedtillimDead
      • Forum Youth Player

• 10 posts |
      Reply #61: Jun 29, 2007 04:07:58 pm
      All i can say is good luck to him  :) maybe just maybe if he hadnt have broken his leg (the 1st time) then we might have seen a different player, i actually liked the guy but he has a new chance with iom so let him go with are blessings.

Have a good 1 djibs.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #62: Jun 29, 2007 04:22:57 pm
      Just seen this on BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/l/liverpool/6254338.stm

Looks like hes finally going, doesnt say a price but I would imaigine is around 5-6m

Had high hopes for him but just wasnt good enough in my opinion and completly wrong attituide. Very bad injuries and hope he doesnt suffer anything like that again!

Good luck Djib :)

Summed it up perfectly there Priesty.

It's a shame he didn't have the ability to be a team player, the right attitude and to be more clinical. Because if he did then he would have more than justified his price. But he still played a part in some important games - notably a cetain European Cup final! And I feel sorry for him suffering those bad injuries. So I wish him good luck if he's on his way.

What a loss of money for us though...
      sell73out
      • Forum David Johnson

• 213 posts |
      Reply #63: Jun 29, 2007 04:31:54 pm
      Aye it's a pity he never lived up to his potential.

I hope he does well wherever he heads off to (although not 'too' well ;) )
      bobbins
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 127 posts |
      Reply #64: Jun 29, 2007 04:56:32 pm
      Seemed like he could've been a great player for us, but a few things went against him, including being a flash bloke off the pitch, which i'm pretty sure rafa hates, and the fact he never really got a fair crack up front, though he did seem to lack composure.

Good luck to him though.
      samcharles
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 181 posts | -9 
      Re: Bring Cisse Back....... bye bye and thanks to god
      Reply #65: Jun 29, 2007 05:26:53 pm
      could have been a great buy, however he was unlucky with injuries had a bad attitude and would not and cannot listen to Rafa, it was common knowledge that Rafa became so very frustrated with him.

get him out and now, god riddence to be honest we have lost well over half the outlay and no he would not have been a  >world beater at all  ,,,,,,,, not at all.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,673 posts | 6966 
      Reply #66: Jun 29, 2007 05:33:43 pm
      At least Rafa ensured he got sold and not loaned for another season.  I am fairly sure the player will be a bit gutted about it all.

Lord Frodsham departs...
      RedWilly

• 9,202 posts | 1644 
      Reply #67: Jun 29, 2007 06:32:46 pm
      Good Luck to the lad, he has had some terrible injuries, thanks for the FA cup and Champions League Djib. Good luck lad.
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #68: Jun 29, 2007 06:50:36 pm
      Echo all your good luck messages to Djib.
      I would of loved to of seen him, injury free, and given a good run in the side as a striker (- his ego).

Let your feet do to talking Djib mate, and shoot Marseille to glory !!
      and silence these doubters !!!

Quick Reply