Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 20th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Daniel Agger (Barcelona)

Read 4777 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Daniel Agger (Barcelona)
      Apr 15, 2009 06:04:44 am
      EXCLUSIVE: Agger in demand - Barcelona join the race to sign Liverpool's great Dane
      Daniel Agger has moved a step nearer an Anfield exit after Barcelona made it clear they want to sign the Liverpool defender at the end of the season.

Barcelona's interest emerged on the eve of Liverpool's attempt to overhaul Chelsea's commanding Champions' League advantage at Stamford Bridge tonight, and was confirmed by senior sources at the Nou Camp.

Packing a punch: Daniel Agger celebrates his stunning strike against Blackburn on Saturday.

Manager Pep Guardiola has monitored Agger's recent return to Liverpool's starting line-up and been impressed with his ability to bring the ball out of defence and set up attacks.

The Denmark centre-back provided another reminder of his adventurous approach on Saturday, when he sidestepped a Blackburn challenge and beat former England keeper Paul Robinson from 30 yards in Liverpool's 4-0 win, and it further enhanced his reputation in the Catalan capital.

Guardiola's attack-minded side are already running away with the Primera Liga title, as well as making a spectacular impact on the Champions' League, but the former Barca midfielder feels there is room for improvement at the back and has made Agger his top summer target

It is a further concern for Rafa Benitez, despite his repeated claims that agreement will be reached with the 24-year old over renewing a contract that runs out at the end of next season.

Talks have stalled over an opening request for a double-your-money deal worth close on £70,000-a-week, while Agger has also spelled out his misgivings at frequently finding himself behind Jamie Carragher and Martin Skrtel for the two centre-back berths.

He is in no hurry to commit himself and is believed to have indicated to friends that he will delay any decision until the summer, when he will weigh up a variety of options.

Apart from more negotiations with Liverpool and a likely approach from Barcelona, Agger can be sure of an offer from AC Milan after Carlo Ancelotti underlined his intention to instal the former Brondby centre-half as the cornerstone of a new-look defence at the San Siro.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1169873/EXCLUSIVE-Agger-demand--Barcelona-join-race-sign-Liverpools-great-Dane.html?ITO=1490
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Re: Daniel Agger (Barcelona)
      Reply #1: Apr 15, 2009 11:13:15 am
      that's why we should never sell him...he's attracting some big name clubs, so he's worth something! most defenders scores with their head but he does both head and feet...if we are to sell him which i don't see why, then he is worth at least 10mil...he's a eight figure value player
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #2: Apr 15, 2009 05:56:14 pm
      for me.i will never sell agger. too good to be sold!but if barcelona can give messi to us for agger... eh... we maybe can think about it(which is never gona happen) ;)
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #3: Apr 15, 2009 08:23:55 pm
      Complete sh*te.

"He is in no hurry to commit..."

He said only a couple of days ago that his heart is with Liverpool and he wants to stay.
      Roland G
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 42 posts |
      Reply #4: Apr 16, 2009 11:53:46 am
      I am a huge admirer of Agger and hope he stays and gets back to his best form.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #5: Apr 16, 2009 03:34:20 pm
      Wont happen.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #6: Apr 16, 2009 04:14:18 pm
      Agger is paid to defend but his extraordinary ability to bring the ball out of defence also needs special mention. He packs a punch in his shot and possibly he could be a key to teams who park the bus. For teams like Stoke whereby we were unable to break them down, we don't need Skrtel but we need Agger because who knows, he might just score another 30 yarder.
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #7: Apr 17, 2009 02:13:02 am
      I really hope that Danny Agger doesn't leave us. If he's interesting other big name clubs (not quite as big as Liverpool) then we shouldn't be selling him. I've already said that next year he should be first choice with Skrtel
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #8: Apr 17, 2009 10:33:14 am
      why the f**king hell is RAffa not playing him... I am getting sicked of this.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #9: Apr 17, 2009 11:24:04 am

Who the F***ing hell is "RAffa" anyway?
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #10: Apr 17, 2009 11:46:28 am
      that you have to ask rafa himself...maybe it got to do with his mentality or his physical approach to the games. hey, rafa knows his players strength and ability and also their weaknesses. he don't go and buy crap first team players as like fergie...
      MsGerrard
      Reply #11: Apr 17, 2009 02:11:43 pm

Ask yourself why Rafa isn't playing him?

Because Carragher and Skrtel have been doing a damn good job at the back that's why  ::)

I love Dan Agger and hope he stays, but it's down to what Rafa sees at Melwood, Agger will get his chance but he has to be patient.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #12: Apr 17, 2009 08:35:24 pm
      I love Dan Agger and hope he stays, but it's down to what Rafa sees at Melwood, Agger will get his chance but he has to be patient.

Like I said before Agger waited for his chance and when Skrtel got hurt, took it and played well. Skrtel comes back and he get put in the first team right away without having to wait. I can see why Agger has trust issues with Rafa and with all the big clubs lined up for him I can see why he would consider a move somewhere else.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #13: Apr 18, 2009 09:24:14 am
      If Danny goes, i and many others I'm sure will want a great replacement or a very good explanation
      liverman44
      • On Trial

• 1 posts |
      Reply #14: Apr 18, 2009 10:07:37 am
      Liverpool need Agger , to win the league we need strength and quality Agger offers both, he is good on the ball reads the game well and is quick. He should be an automatic choice next year along side Skrtel ,  unfortunately time is catching up with Mr Liverpool Jamie Carragher who is brilliant but has been caught out for a turn of speed quite a few times this year.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #15: Apr 19, 2009 06:59:37 pm
      If i were him, and by that i mean i wouldnt be a boyhood fan of Liverpool, i'd have left by now. He's very mature in this process and thats a credit to him. With Barca, Milan etc. chasing him, why would he want to stay where he's playing 2nd fiddle?
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #16: Apr 19, 2009 10:25:17 pm
      hes a quality player i realy hope hes given a chance and stays with us
      xxLiverPrinc3ssxx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,018 posts | 62 
      • *****YNWA*****
      Reply #17: Apr 19, 2009 10:48:16 pm
      I Highly Rate Agger and hope he stays! :)
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #18: Apr 20, 2009 10:35:21 am
      No way should Dagger be allowed to leave. Jamie will be rotated loads next year so Dagger just needs to be patienet because he'll be first choice next year with Martin
      tedward78
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 204 posts | -5 
      Reply #19: Apr 20, 2009 05:43:37 pm
      No way should Dagger be allowed to leave. Jamie will be rotated loads next year so Dagger just needs to be patienet because he'll be first choice next year with Martin

As much as I like Agger, he won't be very patient next season and i bet he'll go in the summer.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,678 posts | 6974 
      Reply #20: Apr 30, 2009 12:17:01 am
      As much as I like Agger, he won't be very patient next season and i bet he'll go in the summer.

Agree.  I think the reds offered him a new contract for 50k and he wants 70k a week.

He's forcing the club in to selling him with that attitude. 
      jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Reply #21: May 01, 2009 01:56:28 pm
      Rafael Benitez today confirmed Daniel Agger is close to agreeing a new contract at Anfield.
      The Danish defender's future has been the subject of speculation for many months, but a deal is now close which will ensure the 24-year-old commits his future to the Reds.

"It is very close," confirmed Benitez today. "We are just waiting on the small details but it is nearly done. We have to wait a little bit longer but we are very close.

"He is very happy here and I have always supported him. Hopefully it will be done."

Benitez also brushed off speculation in this morning's newspapers linking Javier Mascherano with a move away from the club.

"I was talking with Javier earlier and everything is okay," he added.

"He is really pleased here because he knows the fans love him. He can't avoid big clubs asking about him because he is a top class player, but he is very happy here."

Meanwhile, Steven Gerrard has overcome a groin strain and will be available for this weekend's clash with Newcastle United at Anfield.

redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #22: May 01, 2009 01:59:25 pm
      Posted that in the Daniel Agger player thread.

Again, as I said there, its fantastic news, and exciting times ahead for the club. Lets look forward to another deal in this Rafalution I reckon. And perhaps when he signs it lets lock this thread. Because his future is here at Liverpool.

Quick Reply