Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Villa Park

Today is the 13th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P16 W7 D4 L5

Sam: Rafa Humiliated Us

Read 22121 times
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Sam: Rafa Humiliated Us
      Apr 17, 2009 02:06:33 pm

Sam Allardyce has launched a scathing attack on Rafa Benitez in the wake of Blackburn's 4-0 defeat by Liverpool at Anfield last Saturday.

Allardyce has accused the Spaniard of being 'disrespectful' and 'humiliating' over gestures he made on the touchline after Fernando Torres had headed the home side into a two-goal lead before the interval.

Television replays showed Benitez shrugged his shoulders and then crossed his hands, which Allardyce has taken to mean that the Reds boss felt the game was already over, even though there was almost an hour still to play.

Relegation-threatened Rovers, who were second best throughout the match, were missing several players through injury and employed centre-back Chris Samba in a lone striking role.

Allardyce claims he attempted to speak to Benitez about his actions after the game but could not make contact with the Spaniard and has been left fuming by the incident.

He told Sky Sports News: "It's not out of our system for two reasons. One is the disappointment at the way the team performed. I know we had a lot of injuries on the day, but I still felt that we should have gone there and done better than we did.

"And two, is the unfortunate gestures from Rafa Benitez after the second goal. I wanted to clarify his gestures. I think you'll see them as pretty dismissive to me and to Blackburn Rovers' team as a whole.

"I think they are disrespectful and quite humiliating.

"I waited to have a word with Rafa Benitez in his room after the game but as usual, and unfortunately, he didn't turn up.

"I was hugely disappointed by those gestures and having re-looked at them this week I think I'm right and I think everyone will see why I'm complaining."

When asked if he felt Benitez was writing his side off, Allardyce replied: "That was the feeling by the gestures. It was an open arms and a cross-over of arms as if that was it.

"The game is hard enough as it is without a fellow manager trying to do, what seemed to be, an undermining gesture."

http://msn.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_5199733,00.html

Shut the F**k up Sam and get your penis out of Fergie's arse.
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Re: Sam: Rafa Humiliated Us
      Reply #1: Apr 17, 2009 02:12:39 pm
      This guy better shut up. So Rafa doesn't have a right to celebrate when his team is winning is it? You may think that Rafa humiliateid you but you got only yourself to blame for you getting humiliated. Your poor tactics, its that simple. Rafa just tactically outwitted you, and you've got nothing to say but keep your mouth shut about how much Rafa hit you at the weak spot.

And how you come out and say Rafa showed arrogance and comtempt into you. Wake up man, you humiliated yourself, end of.

And Fergie, that tw*t, can't he just shut the F**k up? Definitely you got no right to comment on it because you are not involved in that game anyway.
      Babel-Torres-Gerrard
      • Forum David Johnson

• 230 posts |
      Reply #2: Apr 17, 2009 02:14:03 pm
      WTF how can you be humiliated by a gesture?  Isn't Sir Rafa allowed to smile?  Poor Big Sam, he's got such a depressing life managing such a depressingly poor side.  
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #3: Apr 17, 2009 02:15:14 pm
      I personally thought the gesture was a personal joke between the player (Torres) and the manager. It had nothing to do with Blackburn and so therefore Sam is a thick tw*t.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #4: Apr 17, 2009 02:17:28 pm
      He was just signalling something to his players no? It wasn't into that F***ing Sam face so why moan? Well get relegated, people like you do not derserve to manage in the EPL!

From start to end, outclassed 4-0 but still can't keep his mouth shut. He's just making himself look like an idiot now.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #5: Apr 17, 2009 02:23:35 pm
       ;)
      Television replays showed Benitez shrugged his shoulders and then crossed his hands, which Allardyce has taken to mean that the Reds boss felt the game was already over, even though there was almost an hour still to play.

Rafa was Right. The game was over.
      Sam Aladyce has always been an arsehole, remember Rafa got him his P45 with a hugh pay off from the toon with that 1-5(should / could of been 10) humiliation.
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #6: Apr 17, 2009 02:24:26 pm
      That was terrible of you Rafa,how dare you shrug your shoulders and cross your arms.Thank god you didnt laugh or jump up or down otherwise the FA will be all over you as well.Big Sam you w**ker go keep Slur Alex's ball's warm.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #7: Apr 17, 2009 02:26:45 pm
      Bung Bung Ba-Bung

Bung Bung Ba-Bung

Bung Bung Bung Bung Bung

Bung Bung Ba- Bung

Sung (scuse the pung) to the Wedding March song.

F Knows s why that song............ It just bumps along nicely.
      dafurf
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 373 posts | -2 
      Reply #8: Apr 17, 2009 02:27:39 pm
      Fergie plunging to new depths today,very sad.sam`s just a big cry baby.Two bad losers.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #9: Apr 17, 2009 02:28:14 pm
      F**k off Sam you are a sh*t manager and a c**t of a man both traits you exhibited so well at Newcastle. Your style of football is about 70 years outdated and you have your head shoved up Fergies ass so far when you spit it comes out of his mouth.

I was laughing to myself when I saw it originally and I knew the tw*t would have something to say Rafa had every right to take the piss because if I recall big Sam was going on about how he always gave Rafa a hard time with his Bolton side and that he would do his best to stop Rafa in his tracks. After 38 mintues it was evident to the whole world that he could talk the talk but not walk the walk so Rafa took it in his stride to let him know.

aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #10: Apr 17, 2009 02:32:55 pm
      Oh Sam what's wrong not getting enough "attention" from fergie cause he's cracking up. Poor you maybe he'll give you a few players on loan next season when you're in the championship to make things all better.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #11: Apr 17, 2009 02:34:58 pm
      Rafa did humiliate you, yes. But not with his hand gestures.
      He in fact did it with his preparation of the team, his tactical awareness and ability to outclass anyone.

F**k off, Sam. Enjoy the Championship.
      bigpowli
      • Forum Youth Player

• 11 posts |
      Reply #12: Apr 17, 2009 02:36:30 pm
      Rafa had just got up to signal instructions to the team. Then Torres scored that wonderful header, and Rafa was merely 'thinking out loud', saying that now his change of plan didn't matter. What a load of rubbish about nothing. Fergie is cracking up. Sam isn't worth talking about.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,369 posts | 8620 
      Reply #13: Apr 17, 2009 02:37:51 pm
      Maybe if the big shithouse hadn't played one of his centre-halve's up front and left a decent striker like Benni McCarthy on the bench, his team might of had more of a chance. And it was our team that humiliated Blackburn, not Rafa.

As for Fergie, he's a tw*t, we know that! But what the F**k is he trying to drag that small club sh*t up about Everton again, that was over two years ago, at least he's showing his mind isn't that pickled yet. 
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #14: Apr 17, 2009 02:47:10 pm
      I've watched the clip of rafa after the 2nd goal and it never looked to me like he was being arrogant or signalling that the game was over atall.

I think this could have been started by Fergie after his weekly analysis of rafa seeing as he's so obsessed with him.

As for Allardyce, he's a no mark manager and as soon as he get's blackburn relegated he'll jump ship again.
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #15: Apr 17, 2009 02:47:27 pm
      Get dicked on much Sam?

4-0 was a very flattering scoreline.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,256 posts | 2856 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #16: Apr 17, 2009 02:54:26 pm

Best of Chums!, Sam whats it like being Slurgersons Gimp?
      johnolly
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #17: Apr 17, 2009 02:55:41 pm
      Rafa made a hand gesture, and Sam Allardice has made an assumption without facts from the horses mouth, and has jumped on the band wagon with Ferguson. And was Ferguson drunk at that press conference?

Sam needs to concentate on his own affairs, he is a poor manager, of a poor team and to be honest got all carried away with a little success at Bolton and has now been shown to be tactically inept. Rafa did embarrass him, because his team got a mauling his for 90  minutes.

Everyone seems to have a poor opinion of us at the moment, only Chelsea, of all teams have had anything respectful to say about us after a match.

Also watching Setanta only one football fan has come out in support of Allardyce, which speaks volumes.
      Fowlers God
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 58 posts |
      Reply #18: Apr 17, 2009 03:01:53 pm
      One sure thing Rafa has got into Ferguson's head, he had no need to comment on something that didn't concern him only that his big fat gimp friend said what was supposed to being gestured which humilated Blackburn...come on.

Hope Rafa doesn't respond and sends out his response on Tuesday evening.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,662 posts | 6960 
      Reply #19: Apr 17, 2009 03:08:26 pm
      Funny.

After the first goal went in I thought the game was over.  Sam Allardyce is in Fergie's pocket.

Hope Blackburn go down.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #20: Apr 17, 2009 03:11:25 pm
      I personally thought the gesture was a personal joke between the player (Torres) and the manager. It had nothing to do with Blackburn and so therefore Sam is a thick tw*t.

I agree, I took it as Rafa was saying 'that's what the best striker in the world does' or 'what can i say? it's Fernando Torres' about Fernando Torres and NOTHING to do with Blackburn. It was more of between Rafa and Fernando. Ferguscum and Sam should stop being so paranoid.

I really hope Rafa doesn't say anything this time. Let others say what they want and let our football do the talking.
      DC
      • Forum John Toshack

• 261 posts |
      Reply #21: Apr 17, 2009 03:17:26 pm
      Ha! This is brilliant. Anyone who knows how Rafa operates, knows that he is the ultimate perfectionist. I am pretty certain that at 2-0 and with 60 minutes to go, Rafa was not signaling to his players, "right that's it boys, it's won". Literally a ridiculous comment!

Lolz to Big Sam!
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #22: Apr 17, 2009 03:23:28 pm
      The gesture could have been something as simple as Torres had missed loads of headers in training and so Rafa ripped him for it, for Torres to score a header in the match, hence the gesture.

It's got nothing to do with Blackburn!

Quick Reply