Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 3rd of June and on this date LFC's match record is P3 W3 D0 L0

Liverpool 4 Arsenal 4 - Post match thread

Read 42001 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Liverpool 4 Arsenal 4 - Post match thread
      Reply #115: Apr 21, 2009 10:54:59 pm
      Man Utd v Portsmouth, 20:00 Pompey Win
      Man Utd v Tottenham Spurs Win
      Man Utd v Arsenal, SF, L1, 19:45CL Arsenal Win
      Middlesbrough v Man Utd, 12:45 BoroWin
      Arsenal v Man Utd, SF, L2, 19:45CL ArsenalWin
      Man Utd v Man City, 13:30 Man City Win
      13/5 Wigan v Man Utd, 20:00 Wigan Win
      16/5 Man Utd v Arsenal, 12:45 Arsenal Win
      24/5 Hull v Man Utd, 16:00 Hull Win

I like it ;)
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #116: Apr 21, 2009 10:55:11 pm
      The definition of a coupon buster JD?
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #117: Apr 21, 2009 10:57:24 pm
      I swear to god the mancs have more home games than anybody else. Does anyone count them? Or do they just arrange it themselves?
      Lucky bas**rds.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #118: Apr 21, 2009 10:58:25 pm
      2 points lost could so easily be 3 but for the spirit, belief and never say die attitude of our players

Ive always said we could draw one more and win the league and I always suspected the draw would be Arsenal. We now have to win the 5 left and we will. Gutted that we gifted them there goals thats that hardest part. But we didnt lose

ok advantage mancs but they will drop points maybe not tomorrow but they will. Keep believing
      lfc_gerrard
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 21 
      Reply #119: Apr 21, 2009 10:58:34 pm
      I swear to god the mancs have more home games than anybody else. Does anyone count them? Or do they just arrange it themselves?

The Mancs get special treatment as usual
      southafrican_red
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 356 posts |
      • With hope in your heart...
      Reply #120: Apr 21, 2009 10:58:38 pm
      Trying to stay positive but its hard when we gave away 4 goals...and 2 HUGE points. Perhaps I will be less emotional and more rational in the morning. YNWA!
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #121: Apr 21, 2009 10:58:49 pm
      I successfully bit all my nails off. That being said, I enjoyed the game although my blood pressure got a lot of stick for it. We dominated and showed great heart and as Crouchino said commitment. No one can take that away from the lads. I am really loving the form of Torres! This is very crucial in the final say of the season. Lets hope the Mancs falter tomorrow, in fact I in speaking about faltering other than the mistakes by the fullbacks, I thought everyone had a good game.

I think amidst all the pressure, the Arsenal back line stood up pretty well. Two certain goals being removed off the line...And as scrappy as it seemed they did the job of containment. It all goes well for us going forward. Not many teams can say they played Arsenal off the pitch. I find no solace though in the 4-4 draw non whatsoever, it was ours to win. We gave it a valiant effort, so well done.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #122: Apr 21, 2009 11:01:30 pm
      COME ON PETER CROUCH ;D I PRAY YOU GET A FEW TOMORROW FOR US.
      Atleast pompey are almost certainly safe so they can afford to just go out there for a win.

Crouchy will be desperate to stop them tomorrow
      Joey B
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 1,664 posts | 46 
      Reply #123: Apr 21, 2009 11:02:04 pm
      I said earlier in this thread that arsenal were like headless chickens. But we ended up looking like headless chickens. If we can defend then we'll win the league. But we can't right now! It's frustrating. I went from watching Houllier's team who could defend better than any in Europe, to watching this Benitez team who lately can't defend at all! There are definitely serious questions about our defence. I like the attacking football, but we need those defenders to realise their potential and stop shipping goals...they are talented enough to cover without having a wall in front of them...just like our last league winning team. I reckon we need Mascherano and Molby sitting in front of the back four...

I often wonder what (fans ) like you would be like towards the team if and God forbid we were fighting against relegation.There was no doubt errors in defence tonight but to say it has been a regular occurrence of late,I would have to question that.SO why not just get behind the greatest team on mother earth 100% instead of spreading your FU***n negativity.
       :mad:

lfc_gerrard
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 21 
      Reply #124: Apr 21, 2009 11:02:31 pm
      4 against madrid, arsenal, chelsea and united. We are improving.  ;)
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #125: Apr 21, 2009 11:03:14 pm
      Was really gutted just now but now again, probably proud of the team but it may just have ruined out title hopes.

But you never know.

The mancs look like they have an amazingly hard run-in, Portsmouth are doing pretty okay at the moment, then its Spurs. Still got Wigan, City and Arsenal all to go, including their 2 semifinals. 3 games against Arsenal in 1 month is like an Arsenal game a week. Look at their unpredictability at the moment, I doubt that they will win all their remaining games. Ok, we may not have taken that opportunity against Arsenal, but will they?

Considering if they F**k up the Arsenal's game and then have probably 2 draws against Wigan/Boro/City/Spurs, then the title could just end up with us. The hardest part is over for us, and the mancs, mentally will be drained, physically as well, and then if they had dropped a few points by then, losing against Arsenal would not be an option. Their legs running tired, running scared, 2nd last game against Arsenal, what else can they ask for?

They've been winning because of individual brillances but if it doesnt happen for just a few games, then the title could just come to Anfield.

Boro beat us 2-1, at Riverside. Why can't Boro beat the mancs now?
      Spurs are a tough nut to crack, only side to beat Chelsea so Spurs can do it too.
      Portsmouth are improving under Paul Hart, they came close against us. Trying to pull out of relegation as well.
      Wigan, pushing for a european place and its at the JJB stadium. Another dogdy place.
      City? Got pure talent but no teamwork, brillance may just have its say there. Robinho, Ireland? Anyone of you?
      Arsenal? Arshavin scores 4, I'm sure he can do it there too.

Rational thinking, no? As long as United F**k up the Arsenal's game, and then have 2 slipups against the european contention sides, we'll still end up with the league. At first sight it looks impossible, but now, well.

Anything's possible.
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #126: Apr 21, 2009 11:03:45 pm
      I do think that we needed Hyypia for this game though, the defensive mistakes, amount of corners. Would have worked in ours and Sami's favour.
      RedDrog
      • Forum John Toshack

• 264 posts |
      Reply #127: Apr 21, 2009 11:04:38 pm
      WE should've won that game tonight. As the saying goes if it were a boxing match the fight would've been stopped. The only disappointment was letting in 4 goals that should've been stopped. 4 bad individual errors. Disappointed but 86 points is our target now and that is all we can do..
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #128: Apr 21, 2009 11:05:22 pm
      Well, 2 points dropped but 1 point gained, its better than 0. Honestly. Adebayor and Persie are out today, so if they come back for the manc's game then well, in for a tough fight no?

It's still possible, its not over till its over.

Even if we do not win it, we can look back and say we fu**ed the mancs till their frightened. Even Fergie's running scared of us.

Alrighty, off to school now.
      xxLiverPrinc3ssxx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,018 posts | 62 
      • *****YNWA*****
      Reply #129: Apr 21, 2009 11:05:28 pm
      COME ON PETER CROUCH ;D I PRAY YOU GET A FEW TOMORROW FOR US.
      Atleast pompey are almost certainly safe so they can afford to just go out there for a win.

Crouchy will be desperate to stop them tomorrow

Just what i was thinkin! C'mon Crouchy!!! :)
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #130: Apr 21, 2009 11:06:55 pm
      Is Walcott a Liverpool fan? Some fella on another forum said he was, is that true?
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #131: Apr 21, 2009 11:08:26 pm
      I often wonder what (fans ) like you would be like towards the team if and God forbid we were fighting against relegation.There was no doubt errors in defence tonight but to say it has been a regular occurrence of late,I would have to question that.SO why not just get behind the greatest team on mother earth 100% instead of spreading your FU***n negativity.
       :mad:

A-ha! Joey...you missed my point! I've already been on other threads telling people off and believing that we'll still win the league. These were just observations, with some tongue in cheek at the end for good measure! We WILL win the league. And whenever we lose I don't take it badly because I know our great club will rise again. I am definitely not a negative Red, trust me! And if we were fighting against relegation and even if we ended up in the Conference, I would still be there paying my money and cheering every week and singing 'we're by FAR the greatest team, the world has ever seen'. This title is ours. I just hope next season we can defend properly and win the league by thirty clear points!!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,367 posts | 2880 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #132: Apr 21, 2009 11:10:06 pm
      I forgot to mention the effort and workrate and overall performance from Yossi was outstanding
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #133: Apr 21, 2009 11:10:43 pm
      Is Walcott a Liverpool fan? Some fella on another forum said he was, is that true?

Yeah he is, but he is a professional. couldnt expect favours from him...

I had said before the game be wary of Arshavin and Walcott..... but defensive errors may have cost us.... but you never know it might be a good point as this Arsenal could beat United at OT.....

86 points still might be enough. Believe
      Billo
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,711 posts | 896 
      Reply #134: Apr 21, 2009 11:11:49 pm
      Right after the final whistle, i said "I wud rather have lost then draw the game" in the in match thread. i regret it now. feel much better now  :-\
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,348 posts | 4968 
      Reply #135: Apr 21, 2009 11:12:54 pm
      I forgot to mention the effort and workrate and overall performance from Yossi was outstanding

Agree Brian. Yossi was excellent tonight, closely followed by Dirk Kuyt for me.

Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #136: Apr 21, 2009 11:13:10 pm
      I do think that we needed Hyypia for this game though, the defensive mistakes, amount of corners. Would have worked in ours and Sami's favour.
      Excellent point, i only just thought about Sami.
      aw1
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,303 posts | 22 
      Reply #137: Apr 21, 2009 11:15:21 pm
      My heart is still racing.Watching Liverpool is some buzz isn't it ?.

Cracking game,action packed filled with desire,passion and tension.

Absolutely battered them.They had 4 shots on target and credit Arshavin with some quality finishes.

We have another point on the board,we've scored 4 goals for the third time in a row.

IMO we've a 5% chance of wining the league and up till it's impossible I ALWAYS BELIEVE.

YNWA

JFT96.

Quick Reply