Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Liverpool 4 Arsenal 4 - Post match thread

Read 41518 times
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Re: Liverpool 4 Arsenal 4 - Post match thread
      Reply #69: Apr 21, 2009 10:23:08 pm
      I said in the pre match thread that we must sharpen up on two factors. One was to be less casual on the attack. I reckon we done that fairly well tonight as their keeper had a busy night and came out of it after conceding 4 goals looking pretty good. Think if we were a bit more precise we could have had a few more goals though.

The other factor was letting four goals in, in our last game. Did we F**k sharpen up on that!

I have to say, to let a player score four goals in the league against us at Anfield - the first player to do it since 1946 or something like that? Was criminal.

We'll be lucky to stay in the top four if we don't cut this bad defensive play out as soon as possible! 8 goals conceded in the last two games is not good enough.

But there is no way in the world I can question our desire and hunger. We plugged away and dominated for large portions of the game. And that is a very very good sign. The mentality is there. We've just got to sharpen up on our play under these circumstances at this time of year and we'll once again be a pure force.

Jan Molby made a good point about the game on Radio City. It turned into one of those games that reminds of when you used to play football as a kid. Everything goes out the window apart from trying to score.

When they got their fourth, my heart sunk. Dropping three points tonight would have been an almost impossible mission. It's still two points dropped but who knows how huge that point could turn out to be?

I'll tell you this. 20 years ago Arsenal beat Liverpool at Anfield with 2 goals to stop us winning the league. They didn't F***ing beat us tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #70: Apr 21, 2009 10:24:38 pm
      come on crouchie, give it to the mancs, terminate them

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96eSrFlUVh0#
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #71: Apr 21, 2009 10:27:28 pm
      ROAR! Well said Master Kenneth! Come May when we're parading that trophy around, we won't be thinking about tonight except to laugh about it!
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #72: Apr 21, 2009 10:28:34 pm
      It's over.

FFS.  Draws have been the death of our challenge.  Arbeloa needs to sort his f**king head out.

Not good enough.  It doesn't matter if you score 4, and conceed another 4 down the other end.  It's not how 'winning matches' is!  I've had enough.  Taking a break for a few weeks, getting too stressed over all of this.
      That's the spirit.

It's not over yet. Man United still have to play Arsenal, Everton and Tottenham (who are always difficult). Add to that the sh*t form they're in and we've got the mixture which'll see us win number 19
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #73: Apr 21, 2009 10:29:22 pm
      I said in the pre match thread that we must sharpen up on two factors. One was to be less casual on the attack. I reckon we done that fairly well tonight as their keeper had a busy night and came out of it after conceding 4 goals looking pretty good. Think if we were a bit more precise we could have had a few more goals though.

The other factor was letting four goals in, in our last game. Did we f**k sharpen up on that!

I have to say, to let a player score four goals in the league against us at Anfield - the first player to do it since 1946 or something like that? Was criminal.

We'll be lucky to stay in the top four if we don't cut this bad defensive play out as soon as possible! 8 goals conceded in the last two games is not good enough.

But there is no way in the world I can question our desire and hunger. We plugged away and dominated for large portions of the game. And that is a very very good sign. The mentality is there. We've just got to sharpen up on our play under these circumstances at this time of year and we'll once again be a pure force.

Jan Molby made a good point about the game on Radio City. It turned into one of those games that reminds of when you used to play football as a kid. Everything goes out the window apart from trying to score.

When they got their fourth, my heart sunk. Dropping three points tonight would have been an almost impossible mission. It's still two points dropped but who knows how huge that point could turn out to be?

I'll tell you this. 20 years ago Arsenal beat Liverpool at Anfield with 2 goals to stop us winning the league. They didn't f**king beat us tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup. Agreed. But then again, yes, our hunger and desire cannot be questioned, but why is it that when we are level or in the lead, why do we just sit back and invite them upon us? Baffling.

Arshavin scores in the 91st min and Benni replies in the 92th.

But when Torres scored on at the early 70minutes, what were we thinking? It was as if we had the whole time in the world to score the last goal.

When in fact we were running out of time.
      monthehoops
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #74: Apr 21, 2009 10:30:27 pm
      you just no man spew will get the breaks at old trafford tomorrow night  :f_wah:
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #75: Apr 21, 2009 10:30:38 pm
      Man United only need to lose one, and draw one. With Spurs, Arsenal and Man City still to play, I am it can happen.

We were shocking defensively. Absolutely terrible. Shouldn't of let in 1 goal, let alone 4. Should really have done alot better than that.
      Still, great spirit, and Benayoun in my opinion is far too underrated. He is a class player, as good as any midfielders that United have for sure. He has saved us yet again

They need to lose 2. 6 points that is.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #76: Apr 21, 2009 10:30:47 pm
      It's over.

FFS.  Draws have been the death of our challenge.  Arbeloa needs to sort his f**king head out.

Not good enough.  It doesn't matter if you score 4, and conceed another 4 down the other end.  It's not how 'winning matches' is!  I've had enough.  Taking a break for a few weeks, getting too stressed over all of this.

F**k's sake Court, I'm surprised at you.  Get a grip man.

And, you've only just come back.  You used up all your holidays.
      rez
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 101 posts |
      Reply #77: Apr 21, 2009 10:31:44 pm
      I f***in love this club. We never do things the easy way do we?  ;D I'm just trying to remain positive but I still believe Man U will still drop enough points. Defenders and one or 2 midfielders need a kick up the arse after that performance. Yossi was incredible tonight I thought. Fair play to him.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #78: Apr 21, 2009 10:32:35 pm
      I'm leaving the forum for tonight because this is pissing me off, so many people giving up on the team. F**k the lot of you who are doing so.
      monthehoops
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #79: Apr 21, 2009 10:32:54 pm
      feels really deflating not to have one that game, totally dominated but just far too many errors man!
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #80: Apr 21, 2009 10:33:03 pm
      if they draw 3 win all rest and we lose one and win all rest we will almost certainly win the league on goal difference.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #81: Apr 21, 2009 10:33:53 pm
      Lets just see how things pan out for them tomorrow.
      redkop63

• 6,890 posts | 455 
      Reply #82: Apr 21, 2009 10:34:25 pm
      Rafa should give the defenders a big time walloping and one month no pay.  Gave too much space to that Ass f***ker. What is this Reina jumping all over the place I just don't understand, he charged out so often and stops nothing, better stays between the post. Should have gone all the way to block those shots. Rafa, Rafa ..... don't you realise that you're in the EPL, opposition attackers are fast and we have 2-locamotives chugging away on the left and right. In believe you jolly well know what to do in the close season. I once mentioned Arbeloa is slow and spend time ball watching and too slow to react and does not close down the opposition fast enough and  I got slated big time for saying that and tonight we've seen exactly that. I'd say from now till the end of the season move Jamie to the right, partner Skrtel and Agger in the midle and move Insua to the left, we should be alright then.

Reina's reaction is just too fast for his own good. Chelsea's goal and unable to block those goals tonight. Pathetic. Riera, too fragile. Alonso's shots are all over the place.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #83: Apr 21, 2009 10:34:53 pm
      So we concede four against each of the meanest attacking sides in the League.

And?

United have 7 games to drop points, we have 5. Who's more likely to from here on out? Them.

They're currently playing sh*te, looking sh*te - and basically are sh*te. They'll drop points. Their luck will run out very soon.

We're top of the League, they're under pressure.

philH
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 628 posts |
      Reply #84: Apr 21, 2009 10:35:13 pm
      F**king horrible game just like last week - great for the neutral have sat in a pub with a load of Newcastle fans each one screaming for the redmen- But feel heartbroken. 3 horrible defensive mistakes cost us so badly.
      Have to say proud of the lad's, and Manure still have to face forwards's of the calibre of Crouch, Keane & Pavlyuchenko, Robinho + Adebayor & Arshavin. Plus Boro fighting for their lives at the bottom of the table.

PLAY UP POMPEY!!!!
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #85: Apr 21, 2009 10:36:32 pm
      Personally I think we'll STILL win the league so sod you lot who think it's over.

Our run-in is FAR better than the scum and tonight we played like Champions with a never say die attitude that makes me PROUD to be a Red.

Yes we made errors and yes Arsenal were good on the counter-attack but we already knew that.

I haven't quit on this team before and I sure as hell won't quit on them now, they're the best f**king football team on the planet and we WILL be champions in May.

YNWA!!!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,675 posts | 6968 
      Reply #86: Apr 21, 2009 10:36:36 pm
      Get the shirt off Arshavin.

You F***ing wish.

john jones
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 178 posts |
      Reply #87: Apr 21, 2009 10:38:01 pm
      Lets hope that is the worse result we have until the end of the season.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,675 posts | 6968 
      Reply #88: Apr 21, 2009 10:38:15 pm
      Rafa should give the defenders a big time walloping and one month no pay. 

Please log out.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #89: Apr 21, 2009 10:38:34 pm
      Wonder whose number and name is on the back.

New record signing wanting away already.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #90: Apr 21, 2009 10:39:31 pm
      Stay Ross, F**k the negatives. We'll still win the league by at least 3 points...mark my words!
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #91: Apr 21, 2009 10:39:50 pm
      To save harsh words i think this topic should be locked until tomorrow.

Let everyone cool down a bit.

Quick Reply