Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Liverpool 4 Arsenal 4 - Post match thread

Read 41566 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,471 posts | 2859 
      Re: Liverpool 4 Arsenal 4 - Post match thread
      Reply #92: Apr 21, 2009 10:40:11 pm
      Like Mags, I'm getting sick and tired of all this 'proud' talk. One game I can take but please not again.

We are always proud to support Liverpool. When we win, lose, draw and become Champions we'll always be proud. So just because we came back to get a 4-4 doesn't make me more proud.

I'm pleased that they showed some desire and fight but I am not more proud.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #93: Apr 21, 2009 10:41:33 pm
      Rafa should give the defenders a big time walloping and one month no pay.  Gave too much space to that Ass f***ker. What is this Reina jumping all over the place I just don't understand, he charged out so often and stops nothing, better stays between the post. Should have gone all the way to block those shots. Rafa, Rafa ..... don't you realise that you're in the EPL, opposition attackers are fast and we have 2-locamotives chugging away on the left and right. In believe you jolly well know what to do in the close season. I once mentioned Arbeloa is slow and spend time ball watching and too slow to react and does not close down the opposition fast enough and  I got slated big time for saying that and tonight we've seen exactly that. I'd say from now till the end of the season move Jamie to the right, partner Skrtel and Agger in the midle and move Insua to the left, we should be alright then.

Reina's reaction is just too fast for his own good. Chelsea's goal and unable to block those goals tonight. Pathetic. Riera, too fragile. Alonso's shots are all over the place.
      What a negative pr**k!
      phillio67
      • Justice For The 96
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 157 posts |
      Reply #94: Apr 21, 2009 10:42:05 pm
      Guys come on, we drew, let's be positive !!!!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #95: Apr 21, 2009 10:42:40 pm
      I for one wouldn't mind seeing him in that shirt, said it before last years euros and il say it agin wish we signed him, he is going to be sensational when he has properly adapted next season.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #96: Apr 21, 2009 10:44:09 pm
      I am proud and here's why.

At 1-0 down we fought back and hit the lead. Yes we went behind but how many teams fall over and a die when that happens? Plenty.

We got to 3-3 and said F**k it, lets commit. That we did and went behind again. 92nd minute or so, 4-3 down and we're still hunting for an equaliser like our lives depend on it.

Thats commitment, thats character and my word if it doesnt win us the league this season then other teams bloody well watch out next season. For that reason, i am ever so proud of the boys tonight and from the noise at Anfield, they crowd were too.
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #97: Apr 21, 2009 10:45:32 pm

At 1-0 down we fought back and hit the lead. Yes we went behind but how many teams fall over and a die when that happens? Plenty.

We got to 3-3 and said f**k it, lets commit. That we did and went behind again. 92nd minute or so, 4-3 down and we're still hunting for an equaliser like our lives depend on it.

Thats commitment, thats character and my word if it doesnt win us the league this season then other teams bloody well watch out next season. For that reason, I am ever so proud of the boys tonight and from the noise at Anfield, they crowd were too.
      Well said...

+1
      seanbud_1
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | -3 
      Reply #98: Apr 21, 2009 10:46:33 pm
      Really good game what a fuking shame. its never over until its over and i still have full, complete faith in Liverpool, the best football team in the world, who have the greatest players the best most passionate fans. Wish we had another game against the scum to really rub it in still never lose hope i know i wont. Red till I'm dead.
      Hiberpool
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts | -2 
      Reply #99: Apr 21, 2009 10:46:38 pm
      At the end of the day as Stevie-G said this could be a big point gained tonight . :aaliverpoolwz0:
      Pepe Reina
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,480 posts | 14 
      Reply #100: Apr 21, 2009 10:47:17 pm
      Gutted, but i have many reasons to stay positive.

1 - 12 goals in 3 games, yes we've conceded 8 in 2 games, but scoring 4 each game is F***ing amazing.
      2 - Arsenal scored 4 here, why not 4 at OT?
      3 - Benayoun is a new Garcia, important goals everywhere.
      4 - Attacking wise were looking fantastic.
      5 - We had a lot of people to bring off the bench who could of made a difference.
      6 - Torres, back to his best.
      7 - We are top! :>
      8 - Crouch is playing against United tommorow, maybe he'll do his old club a favor?
      9 - We've scored 12 goals without Gerrard. How the F**k can people say we dont score enough? Also how are we a 2-man team?
      10 - Were looking like a team, eager to get the ball out of our net when we concede and working brilliantly as a team
      11 - Crowd were great (or so my stream sounded)
      11 - Finally, another comeback. How many times has that happened?

Listen, im gutted, but in the form that Arsenal was always making this an tough game. We do need to sort our defense out mind. We can only hope that they can beat United at OT, im convinced it can happen after today.

I do hate Walcott though! :(
      mrscarragher
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #101: Apr 21, 2009 10:47:42 pm

We got to 3-3 and said F**k it, lets commit. That we did and went behind again. 92nd minute or so, 4-3 down and we're still hunting for an equaliser like our lives depend on it.

Thats commitment, thats character and my word if it doesnt win us the league this season then other teams bloody well watch out next season. For that reason, i am ever so proud of the boys tonight and from the noise at Anfield, they crowd were too.
      :gt-happyup: I couldn't agree more, I've said it once, I'll say it again and I'll say it to everyone in work tomorrow, IT'S NOT OVER TILL IT'S OVER  
      :kop5cf8koxp6:

YNWA

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,323 posts | 4959 
      Reply #102: Apr 21, 2009 10:48:27 pm
      I'm absolutley shattered after that one!

We were by far the better team in my opinion and gifted Arsenal all their goals. I can't even say that we made too many mistakes at the back because I can only remember the mistakes that led to their goals. If Arshavin wasn't as clinical we could have had all three points from the game.

The big plus point from this game was the desire from the players as they did not give up. I was devastated when their fourth went in and have to admit sat with my head in my hands for a couple of minutes but the lads kept going forward and got their reward.

It may seem like two points dropped now but as Stevie said in the studio it could still prove to be a vital point in the end.

Let's see how the manc's do tomorrow before we say it's all over.
      mrscarragher
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 93 posts |
      Reply #103: Apr 21, 2009 10:49:33 pm
      Gutted, but i have many reasons to stay positive.

1 - 12 goals in 3 games, yes we've conceded 8 in 2 games, but scoring 4 each game is F***ing amazing.
      2 - Arsenal scored 4 here, why not 4 at OT?
      3 - Benayoun is a new Garcia, important goals everywhere.
      4 - Attacking wise were looking fantastic.
      5 - We had a lot of people to bring off the bench who could of made a difference.
      6 - Torres, back to his best.
      7 - We are top! :>
      8 - Crouch is playing against United tommorow, maybe he'll do his old club a favor?
      9 - We've scored 12 goals without Gerrard. How the F**k can people say we dont score enough? Also how are we a 2-man team?
      10 - Were looking like a team, eager to get the ball out of our net when we concede and working brilliantly as a team
      11 - Crowd were great (or so my stream sounded)
      11 - Finally, another comeback. How many times has that happened?

Listen, im gutted, but in the form that Arsenal was always making this an tough game. We do need to sort our defense out mind. We can only hope that they can beat United at OT, im convinced it can happen after today.

I do hate Walcott though! :(

:gt-happyup: well said again, we need to saty positive
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #104: Apr 21, 2009 10:49:54 pm
      I said earlier in this thread that arsenal were like headless chickens. But we ended up looking like headless chickens. If we can defend then we'll win the league. But we can't right now! It's frustrating. I went from watching Houllier's team who could defend better than any in Europe, to watching this Benitez team who lately can't defend at all! There are definitely serious questions about our defence. I like the attacking football, but we need those defenders to realise their potential and stop shipping goals...they are talented enough to cover without having a wall in front of them...just like our last league winning team. I reckon we need Mascherano and Molby sitting in front of the back four...
      lfc_gerrard
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 175 posts | 21 
      Reply #105: Apr 21, 2009 10:50:26 pm
      Man Utd v Portsmouth, 20:00
      Man Utd v Tottenham
      Man Utd v Arsenal, SF, L1, 19:45CL
      Middlesbrough v Man Utd, 12:45
      Arsenal v Man Utd, SF, L2, 19:45CL
      Man Utd v Man City, 13:30
      13/5 Wigan v Man Utd, 20:00
      16/5 Man Utd v Arsenal, 12:45
      24/5 Hull v Man Utd, 16:00

DeusEx
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 67 posts |
      Reply #106: Apr 21, 2009 10:50:56 pm
      Gutted........
      was waiting for this one whole day, thinking if we win this one pressure will take it's toll on mancs...
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #107: Apr 21, 2009 10:51:25 pm
      Personally I think we'll STILL win the league so sod you lot who think it's over.

Our run-in is FAR better than the scum and tonight we played like Champions with a never say die attitude that makes me PROUD to be a Red.

Yes we made errors and yes Arsenal were good on the counter-attack but we already knew that.

I haven't quit on this team before and I sure as hell won't quit on them now, they're the best f**king football team on the planet and we WILL be champions in May.

YNWA!!!

Well said BigRedwisebeard1978!

The point you've made which I've highlighted might be lost on a few people. It wasn't lost on the Kop tonight at the end of the game and it certainly wasn't lost on me.

I remember what it's like to win a title. I'm sure a good few people on here also remember what it's like too. To see our attitude amongst what ever that game thrown at us tonight has given me a boost.

We have to remember that this is a different era in football for LFC, but that drive to be winners doesn't change no matter what era. And it's finally beginning to look like we have that drive in this current era.

LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #108: Apr 21, 2009 10:51:32 pm
      Well...they put up a brilliant fight at the end of the season. Am proud of them. Shame all these draws at home have cost us this season.

Next season lads! Our season.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #109: Apr 21, 2009 10:51:41 pm
      9 games in a month. Poor sods.

Nah, sorry. Have to laugh :lmao:
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #110: Apr 21, 2009 10:51:54 pm
      Absolutely gutted that we dropped 2 points tonight in a game where we hammered them for 90 minutes.

Arshavin's a brilliant player but i can't stand how arrogant he is. Some of the celebrations, like for the 1st goal, with the shh to crowd when they've give him no reason to.

It's maximum points for us from here on in. Nothing else.
      And 2 loses or 3 draws (or any other combo that adds up to losing 6 points or more) for man u. I really hope one of the loses is tomorrow night, cause if they win they'll have the confidence back and be 3 points up on us with a game in hand.

That's a huge blow tonight but the point may prove crucial at the end of the season.

I'm stuck for what i want in the CL now because if Arsenal knock man u out, i'm sure Wenger will rest players and theyll get beat in the league game and vice versa if man u go through.

I'm sure we will take max points now, it's just what team will have the bollocks to go for a win against man u.

Walk on with hope in your heart my fellow reds.

Barolo
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 91 posts |
      Reply #111: Apr 21, 2009 10:52:24 pm

Very well said!    :gt-happyup:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,678 posts | 6975 
      Reply #112: Apr 21, 2009 10:52:37 pm
      I couldn't care less what people think but again I am proud of the reds for twice not throwing in the towel again.

Arsenal was always going to be a difficult game, but even in the 92nd minute we carried on and got the point which could prove vital.

I'm also exceptionally proud of the fans at Anfield tonight. When we went down to 4-3 all I could hear was You'll Never Walk Alone being sung by the fans even before our equaliser.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #113: Apr 21, 2009 10:52:42 pm
      Man Utd v Portsmouth, 20:00
      Man Utd v Tottenham
      Man Utd v Arsenal, SF, L1, 19:45CL
      Middlesbrough v Man Utd, 12:45
      Arsenal v Man Utd, SF, L2, 19:45CL
      Man Utd v Man City, 13:30
      13/5 Wigan v Man Utd, 20:00
      16/5 Man Utd v Arsenal, 12:45
      24/5 Hull v Man Utd, 16:00

I swear to god the mancs have more home games than anybody else. Does anyone count them? Or do they just arrange it themselves?
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,678 posts | 6975 
      Reply #114: Apr 21, 2009 10:54:28 pm
      Man Utd v Portsmouth, 20:00 Pompey Win
      Man Utd v Tottenham Spurs Win
      Man Utd v Arsenal, SF, L1, 19:45CL Arsenal Win
      Middlesbrough v Man Utd, 12:45 BoroWin
      Arsenal v Man Utd, SF, L2, 19:45CL ArsenalWin
      Man Utd v Man City, 13:30 Man City Win
      13/5 Wigan v Man Utd, 20:00 Wigan Win