Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea Pre and Post Match thread

Read 18508 times
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Liverpool 2-0 Chelsea Pre and Post Match thread
      Jan 14, 2007 11:29:50 pm
      It comes down to this, second place will be up for grabs if we win it (and first place soon after that we hope), if we lose they go out of sight.

I'm always sceptical about playing Chelski in the league, it hasn't brought us much joy in past few years since Jose spent 300million (and not on a stadium) but this time round I think we can have them.

A draw is no good to either of us really, think it will be a cracker of a game.

My prediction is there will be a few goals and I really fancy us to come out on top, 2-1!!!! Lets play the same 11 as against Watford, 3 up front suit us, goals could come from anywhere!!
      « Last Edit: Jan 20, 2007 03:24:35 pm by koolkidda »
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Re: Chelsea (home) - Pre Match build up
      Reply #1: Jan 15, 2007 12:32:05 am
      We've got a long week ahead of us on this one.

I agree - a draw won't suit either of us (though perhaps more us than them).  We haven't had the best of times against them in the league but I still maintain we were unlucky at the Bridge earlier this season.

Chelsea do have some great individual players.  It's all going to be about keeping Drogba shackled and Robben quiet.  But maybe the best form of defense is attack?  Maybe we shouldn't draw up too much of a plan - just concentrate on our own game.  The three strikers playing at Watford was an interesting strategy.

Steven Gerrard has ALWAYS been quiet in these games.  ALWAYS.

Time for a change.  Show Fat Frank who's the gaffer.  I am quietly confident on this one.  But I'm not going to sound the trumpet too much (not yet anyway)!
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 147 posts |
      Reply #2: Jan 15, 2007 12:39:17 am
      Very Diplomatic Jabba. :D If we win Saturday, I hope your decorum will fly out the nearest window and your posts will develop a cocky side. :D I agree with your points, Drogba and Robben need to be kept quiet. Think Cech may be back for this game too. All we can do is wait and hope Rafa's lads turn up on the day like the supporters will.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #3: Jan 15, 2007 12:43:31 am
      Think Cech may be back for this game too.

I very much doubt this.  He has had NO actual game experience - reserve team or otherwise since the injury, I think it's all part of the Chelsea bluff to be honest.  And if he does play then we can get Sami or Carra to give him a welcome back to the Premiership on our first set piece.
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 147 posts |
      Reply #4: Jan 15, 2007 01:36:09 am
      I very much doubt this.  He has had NO actual game experience - reserve team or otherwise since the injury, I think it's all part of the Chelsea bluff to be honest.  And if he does play then we can get Sami or Carra to give him a welcome back to the Premiership on our first set piece.

Thats true. Might be good to have a rusty nervous Cech in between the sticks with Carra doing 90mph to meet the ball (and keeper). Wonder will he wear the helmet we're all seeing him in lately. Looks like someone training as an amateur boxer. :D :D

2 interesting links below also. First is a lovely pic, ya gotta see it. :D

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/c/chelsea/6249529.stm

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=441640&CPID=8&clid=8&lid=2&title=Cech+aiming+for+Reds+return
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2007 02:16:22 am by homestrip »
      Peter North
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #5: Jan 15, 2007 01:12:43 pm
      If we play 3 up top think we will get beat, they will exploit the space left in midfield, we looked disjointed on saturday and we need to show chelsea a little bit more respect. My team would be:

Pepe, Finnan, Carra, Agger, Risse, Pennant, Gerrard, Alonso, Aurelio, Kuyt,Bellamy
      KopQueen
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 526 posts |
      Reply #6: Jan 15, 2007 01:15:15 pm
      I think we'll win 2-0.  Chelsea haven't exactly bollocked teams this season have they? We'll win  ;)
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #7: Jan 15, 2007 01:42:19 pm
      3-1 Gerrard,Bellamy,Kuyt.
      We are due to turn the Chavs over and i think now is the time.
      All the rubbish they have going on behind the scenes, Maureen may quit, Terry leading a players revolt,
      As the Beatles say "Money can't buy you love"
      lucouk
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 86 posts | -1 
      Reply #8: Jan 15, 2007 02:49:25 pm
      This one has my tongue tied! You all seen what happened at arsenal!!!!

I would be happy with a draw or i think we may steal a 1.0 win or a 2.1 victory! regardless of who chelsea have in goal, there team is in a much better shape than ours this year, We still have the heart to win this game and indeed the skill but liverpool fc play random football and a few rash desisions by rafa could cost us the game. I also think he should play 3 upfront but then that is a risky tactic as it leaves 3 strikers tired. I will be happy aslong as there are no injuries (touch wood) and we come away with a point. We should go out there and play like we are the team to beat! not the other way round! there is no chance of us winning the premiership this year with the mancs leading a one horse race but i think we should put all our eggs in one basket...... Champions league VS barca, lets shock europe again!!! ( i already have my ticket,flights and hotel SO COME ON YOU F*KIN RED MEN)
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 147 posts |
      Reply #9: Jan 15, 2007 04:01:39 pm
      If we play 3 up top think we will get beat, they will exploit the space left in midfield, we looked disjointed on saturday and we need to show chelsea a little bit more respect. My team would be:

Pepe, Finnan, Carra, Agger, Risse, Pennant, Gerrard, Alonso, Aurelio, Kuyt,Bellamy

Peter I think we have nothing to lose by putting 3 up front, they are coming to Anfield and its about time they sat back and took some pressure. Putting Kuyt and Bellamy up front is a great formation but I cant help thinking that this is a game for Crouchy.

He would inflict misery to the Chelsea back line and can change a game around. Why not approach this game like Liverpool of old would; the "WE CAN WIN" attitude.

Think best form of defense is attack against Chelski these days as Wigan, Everton, Fulham, Reading and Villa all found out. 8 goals conceded in these games because the teams attacked and believed.

Come on the reds, believe in ourselves. Couldn't agree more with Lucouk!
      « Last Edit: Jan 15, 2007 04:03:17 pm by homestrip »
      Peter North
      • Forum Youth Player

• 18 posts |
      Reply #10: Jan 15, 2007 04:23:36 pm
      Peter I think we have nothing to lose by putting 3 up front, they are coming to Anfield and its about time they sat back and took some pressure. Putting Kuyt and Bellamy up front is a great formation but I cant help thinking that this is a game for Crouchy.

He would inflict misery to the Chelsea back line and can change a game around. Why not approach this game like Liverpool of old would; the "WE CAN WIN" attitude.

Think best form of defense is attack against Chelski these days as Wigan, Everton, Fulham, Reading and Villa all found out. 8 goals conceded in these games because the teams attacked and believed.

Come on the reds, believe in ourselves. Couldn't agree more with Lucouk!
      #

I dont disagree with your thinking but they all got stuffed (I think anyway) by going gung ho because thats the only way they can play. Were better than that and I still think 442 gives us plenty of attcking options as well as being able to keep it tight when needed. I also have a worry that with Chelsea's 3 in the middle and pushing gerrard and alonso forward will leave us exposed and I hate to say it they do have the players to hurt us.

Dont get me wrong I believe we can beat anybody at Anfield and I am confident of a victory on saturday but feel our best chance is by playing a sensible game. Lets start off very fast but not overexpose ourselves.
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 147 posts |
      Reply #11: Jan 15, 2007 04:25:12 pm
      #

I dont disagree with your thinking but they all got stuffed (I think anyway) by going gung ho because thats the only way they can play. Were better than that and I still think 442 gives us plenty of attcking options as well as being able to keep it tight when needed. I also have a worry that with Chelsea's 3 in the middle and pushing gerrard and alonso forward will leave us exposed and I hate to say it they do have the players to hurt us.

Dont get me wrong I believe we can beat anybody at Anfield and I am confident of a victory on saturday but feel our best chance is by playing a sensible game. Lets start off very fast but not overexpose ourselves.

Good point, well said. You have converted my thinking on this one.
      Madzz Adzz
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts |
      Reply #12: Jan 15, 2007 04:36:59 pm
      liverpool v Chelsea? i hope liverpool play like we did at the millennium stadium. and hope fully we will come out on top. its going to be a good game and i hope the show us respect cus we deserve it. i am goin to put my neck out and say a 2 nill win for the reds. and arsenal will lose to the manks. that will be good.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #13: Jan 15, 2007 05:54:38 pm
      Gutted - i will be in work, best game of the season and i'm in work  :'(  Trying to get a shift swap though so still time i suppose !
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 147 posts |
      Reply #14: Jan 15, 2007 05:56:54 pm
      Come on Smigger, brave it and predict the score. ;D.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #15: Jan 15, 2007 05:58:44 pm
      I put 1-1 on prediction list, but feel a bit more confident now for some reason, gonna go for a 1-0 win for the reds  ;D

P.S  Hope John Terry's still out, can someone give him a kick in the back ?   
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 147 posts |
      Reply #16: Jan 15, 2007 06:01:55 pm
      Terry out for two weeks according to Mourinho, Cech probably back. He'll be rusty though. Love your positives towards game, pity ya gotta work.  >:(

Hope you can get a swap in time.  :D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #17: Jan 15, 2007 06:04:56 pm
      Terry out for two weeks according to Mourinho, Cech probably back. He'll be rusty though. Love your positives towards game, pity ya gotta work.  >:(

Hope you can get a swap in time.  :D

I dont beleive a word Maureen says until matchday, he's prob got JT in full training, pity we havent got Momo back, he could kick Terry in the back and butt Cech in the head !!   ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer
      • Started Topic

• 147 posts |
      Reply #18: Jan 15, 2007 06:06:43 pm
      ;D ;D ;D ;D we should sign Vinny Jones for Saturday, all 11 Chelsea players running and ducking for cover!!
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #19: Jan 15, 2007 06:09:39 pm
      ;D ;D ;D ;D we should sign Vinny Jones for Saturday, all 11 Chelsea players running and ducking for cover!!

He's too busy looking for thr RAC man !!! ;D
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #20: Jan 15, 2007 08:19:13 pm
      has anyone the weather forecast for Saturday?
      100MPH winds
      Hails Stones, Blizzards
      you`d be better off staying at home and watching on the t.v
      i`d be happy to go in anyones place :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014:
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #21: Jan 15, 2007 09:04:53 pm
      has anyone the weather forecast for Saturday?
      100MPH winds
      Hails Stones, Blizzards
      you`d be better off staying at home and watching on the t.v
      I`d be happy to go in anyones place :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014: :laughing-smiley-014:

nice try mate, but not a chance.
      a goodly few ales will be drunk after if we win.  COME ON REDS !!!!
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #22: Jan 15, 2007 09:06:27 pm
      can`t blame a bloke from trying

Quick Reply