Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Javier Mascherano & DIC

Read 4689 times
      NWA
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 218 posts |
      Javier Mascherano & DIC
      Jan 17, 2007 08:08:19 pm
      Will these two deals ever be done... it feels like they are taking forever and will never happen. We need them both asap.

Javier Mascherano is the best holding midfielder in the world (well he was) and he was at the heart of the Argentina midfield during the World Cup and everyone knows how good their midfield was.

The man who owns DIC is the 5th richest man in the world, he has invested a lot of money in Horse racing & on buildings which i don't know of (apart from London Eye & Maddam Tussauds). He will for sure invest a lot in Liverpool Football Club (not like Roman) and bring them back to the old days.

The sooner these 2 come then the sooner i can relax.
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Re: Javier Mascherano & DIC
      Reply #1: Jan 17, 2007 08:13:57 pm
      Will these two deals ever be done... it feels like they are taking forever and will never happen. We need them both asap.

Javier Mascherano is the best holding midfielder in the world (well he was) and he was at the heart of the Argentina midfield during the World Cup and everyone knows how good their midfield was.

The man who owns DIC is the 5th richest man in the world, he has invested a lot of money in Horse racing & on buildings which I don't know of (apart from London Eye & Maddam Tussauds). He will for sure invest a lot in Liverpool Football Club (not like Roman) and bring them back to the old days.

The sooner these 2 come then the sooner I can relax.

Anxiety is rife with you obviously NWA.  :o ??? Why not take yourself down to the boozer, have a few bevvies and relax cos this time next week the DIC deal will be sorted and hopefully we will be clearer about FIFA's position on Mascherano.
      NWA
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 218 posts |
      Reply #2: Jan 18, 2007 11:51:44 pm
      your right.. i have got anxiety :(
      mingles
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      • GOD, THE NATION AND LIVERPOOL
      Reply #3: Jan 19, 2007 08:25:04 pm
      i think the deal should be done quickly enable us sign some top quality  players to help us place a realistic challenge on the premiership and champions league after losing out in both the fa and carling.i believe the dic deal and Masch. would be the best deals for us.We need to rekindle our form of the 80's
      fanatic dee
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Reply #4: Jan 19, 2007 11:28:41 pm
      Mascherano is qualtiy, for whatever weird F***ing reason he has n't got a game at West Ham, ours is not to reason why.
      Rafa would n't consider buying him if he did n't think it would be beneficial.
      Not sure about UEFA or FIFA or whoever the F**k have presedence over the situation will grant Javier another club this season, we'll have to wait I suppose.
      As far as the takeover goes this is all a part of a multi-million deal in business, every last however insignificant detail has to be scrutinised and analysed so it's all in order. As long as we get our new ANFIELD with PROPER new owners that'll do me.
      The Al Maktoum family will not skimp on investment, ask the Jockey Club.

koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #5: Jan 19, 2007 11:59:09 pm
      Pretty sure an announcement on investment first, and then some player transfers before the end of this month! ;)
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #6: Jan 20, 2007 03:31:31 am
      i think this deal will wrap up before end of Jan but Rafa will not rebuild until May. Quality (Which is not cup tied for CL) is hard to get in Jan and I think Rafa will hit big in Summer transfer window!
      woodsie2b
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 135 posts | 11 
      Reply #7: Jan 21, 2007 10:32:59 am
      I hope uefa knock back our appeal for Javier Mascherano he doesn't get a game for west ham and hes had 2 managers there who obviously feel he's not up to the challenge of english football plus lets be honast there isn't to many south americans who turn heads in the premiership as for the dic investment i'm not to fussed when it happens they and the club want to protect themselves so let them take their time suppose as long as its done by end of season
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,657 posts | 6951 
      Reply #8: Jan 21, 2007 12:36:51 pm
      I hope uefa knock back our appeal for Javier Mascherano he doesn't get a game for west ham and hes had 2 managers there who obviously feel he's not up to the challenge ...

I don't believe its a footballing decision why he isn't playing for West Ham.  I think it is more to do with the weird contract he has got. 

I am pretty sure Rafa wouldn't be interested if he didn't know the score behind it all, and if he didn't think Mascerano would be a good purchase

And from what I have heard from Hammers fans who have seen him play they think they are going to lose out on a quality player.
      championlonglegs
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 55 posts | -3 
      • Yes
      Reply #9: Jan 21, 2007 01:07:29 pm
      We cannot sign Mascherano this season because he cant play for more than two teams a season
       But I hope we get takenover pretty soon
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #10: Jan 21, 2007 06:19:26 pm
      We cannot sign Mascherano this season because he cant play for more than two teams a season
       But I hope we get takenover pretty soon

We've applied for special dispensation and are awaiting the results   ;)
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #11: Jan 21, 2007 08:21:23 pm
      We've applied for special dispensation and are awaiting the results   ;)

Do we know how long it will take Uefa / Fifa to give us an answer ?
      Not long left in this transfer window, and it would be a shame to miss out on this player (if allowed)
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #12: Jan 21, 2007 08:33:14 pm
      Just been reading the latest news on wikipedia and it seems we have already agreed the loan deal, as long as we get the ok from fifa.  Thats all it says. ;)
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #13: Jan 21, 2007 08:58:47 pm
      Just been reading the latest news on wikipedia and it seems we have already agreed the loan deal, as long as we get the ok from fifa.  Thats all it says. ;)

cheers for that smiggs, but still doesn't clear things up tho'.
      Let's hope they don't drag there heel's for too long and we miss out on him.

wonder who the player is that Rafa go's on about ? He reckons he knows of a player to play for 4 different teams within the year time limit.
      and what's the ruling on players who go on loan for a couple of months at a time in the lower leagues ? surely some of them play for more than 2 teams within the time scale.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #14: Jan 21, 2007 09:16:52 pm
      Didnt Aliadiere play for Celtic, West Ham and Wolves all in one season ?  ???

http://home.skysports.com/player.aspx?plid=11839&clid=3&cpid=8

And as mentioned by someone on another site, why can a club have 4 managers in a year i.e Charlton ( Curbs, Reed, Dowie, Pardew) and a player only have 2 ?  Not fair is it ??   ???

mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #15: Jan 21, 2007 09:21:22 pm

And as mentioned by someone on another site, why can a club have 4 managers in a year I.e Charlton ( Curbs, Reed, Dowie, Pardew) and a player only have 2 ?  Not fair is it ??   ???

Good shout smiggs, I always knew you'd post something of use one day.   ;D
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #16: Jan 21, 2007 09:22:43 pm
      Good shout smiggs, I always knew you'd post something of use one day.   ;D

I come in useful sometimes Tommo    ;) ;D
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      Reply #17: Jan 22, 2007 02:29:52 am

Well spotted Smiggs, never knew he played for 3 clubs in same 12 month period. Well researched
      « Last Edit: Jan 22, 2007 02:31:11 am by homestrip »
      NWA
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 218 posts |
      Reply #18: Jan 23, 2007 01:21:58 pm
      Fifa only changed their rule starting this year tho
      Really can't see Mascherano comming to Anfield this winter, 7 days left in the market.
      Fifa need to give an answer sooner rather than later unless they already gave answer or Benitez just changed his mind because Zenden & Sissoko back in training already.

Do we really need Mascherano? He won't replace Xabi Alonso & deffo not Stevie G so where will he play?
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #19: Jan 23, 2007 02:39:40 pm
      If he doe's come, it will only be on loan until the end of the season with an option to buy him if he impresses.
      He will add a different dimention to the squad, plus quality and cover in depth.
      I see it only as a win win situation if FIFA allows him to join.
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #20: Jan 24, 2007 07:52:15 pm
      Tommo's right, we don't have anything to lose if he comes cause it's going to be a loan deal. I think Rafa is looking to experiment on his 3-5-2 formation in which he uses 3 centrebacks and 2 wingbacks and have the 3 big fellas in centre (stevie g, xabi and momo). I see Mascherano as a quality backup in this formation and once in awhile start him if one of the 3 isn't performing.

As for DIC, I'm sure we'll be in time for a shopping spree this summer. January is nearing it's end, don't be surprised though to see a last minute transfer (a right back maybe) by Rafa. Who could it be, we don't know, but we do have a little bit of money that was meant to be for Lucas Neill and from Warnock's sale.

Not that agitated here yet, we did well without the players in 2005 and won the CL. With the players this season we will win the CL and the League.
      NWA
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 218 posts |
      Reply #21: Jan 24, 2007 11:50:42 pm
      If we are going to sign Javier Mascherano its either today or tomorrow. How long does it take for Fifa to give an answer???
      « Last Edit: Jan 29, 2007 11:14:26 am by NWA »
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,657 posts | 6951 
      Reply #22: Jan 30, 2007 12:39:29 am

Quick Reply