Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli)

Read 27123 times
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Re: Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli)
      Reply #207: Jun 13, 2009 03:38:23 pm
      He is now believed to be holding out for an improved contract to stay in Italy, or seal a move elsewhere.

That has angered Napoli supremo De Laurentiis, who feels player power in the modern game is too great.

As a result, he has vowed to let Lavezzi rot in the reserves for the remainder of his contract at Stadio San Paolo should he continue to display a lack of loyalty.

"If he does, he will not play," said De Laurentiis.

"He will stay out of the side for the next two years. Imagine what damage that will do to his profile."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5377819,00.html

Surely that means that if Rafa wants to sign him he could sign him at a discount price, I'd love to see him sign for us!
      Rafalutionary
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 118 posts |
      • Red Rafalutionary
      Reply #208: Jun 14, 2009 12:23:16 am
      I think he'd actually do very well for us.. He could be the No.7 we're looking for since the other one we wanted has just signed for Real Madrid anyway..
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #209: Jun 14, 2009 05:06:00 am
      I think he'd actually do very well for us.. He could be the No.7 we're looking for since the other one we wanted has just signed for Real Madrid anyway..

and just who is the other one?
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #210: Jun 14, 2009 05:12:30 am
      and just who is the other one?

I suppose its David Villa.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #211: Jun 14, 2009 05:35:11 am
      Too..Diouf-y it seems.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #212: Jun 28, 2009 06:39:51 pm

I Disagree after watching Napoli a few times last season I would say Lavezzi is a forward / attacking midfielder who can play on both wings in the hole behind torres or up top in place of Torres and when he is in possession he looks like the ball is tied to his feet.

He is the kind of player who can beat his man and then the next three with ease inviting tackles and making space for our other attacking options to run into his passing is good as is his technique and pace. If I had to make comparisons to another player i would not say he was like Diouf but more like Messi in the way he plays  (obviously not as good) low centre of gravity quick turn of pace and skillfull on the ball etc

He is Stronger than Silva (although I would prefer us to sign Silva). He just turned 24 a couple of months ago, so he's coming into his prime he's  not quite the finished polished article.

He's very much a Rafa player in the fact that he's versatile and can play in a number of Positions but he's not a Rafa type player in terms of his attitude and disciplinary issues that is why I would prefer Silva myself but I would not be disappointed if Rafa gave us Lavezzi as an alternative.

I just can not see it materializing tho due to his attitude and his off field behavior
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #213: Jun 28, 2009 07:16:50 pm
      I meant his attitude. Too Diouf-y. Kicking and pouting.

I only watched him for Argentina in the Olympics to judge him so therefore i cant make a comment on his game too much.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #214: Jun 28, 2009 07:21:40 pm
      I meant his attitude. Too Diouf-y. Kicking and pouting.

I only watched him for Argentina in the Olympics to judge him so therefore I cant make a comment on his game too much.

Yeh you are right I can see where you get your Dioufy comparison from now mate , he is that kind of player in terms of attitude he would probably disrupt the harmony in the squad also he seems that kind of player to throw all his toys out of the pram when he is not getting his own way
      mormarijn
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      Reply #215: Jul 06, 2009 11:26:04 am
      Don't buy Lavezzi, we don't need him! We need a better player for left mid position...
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,414 posts | 8646 
      Reply #216: Jul 16, 2009 02:03:52 pm
      Agent: Lavezzi turned down move to Liverpool

Argentine international and Napoli forward Ezequiel Lavezzi, nicknamed 'El Pocho' which means the chubby one, has turned down the opportunity to join Liverpool. Lavezzi's agent Frederic Guerra revealed that Rafa Benitez was keen on the international, but admitted that the 24 year-old was only interested in staying in Italy with Napoli.

Guerra said: “Liverpool, well I know many people in Liverpool but I'm afraid he doesn't want to change club. He is happy at Napoli. They are interested but he doesn't want change.”

Lavezzi scored seven goals in thirty appearances for Napoli last season

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/23414/Agent_Lavezzi_turned_down_move_to_Liverpool.aspx
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #217: Jul 16, 2009 03:19:44 pm
      If I remember correctly, Rafa said he wasn't interested.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #218: Jul 16, 2009 03:33:21 pm
      A lot of the talk was his agent trying to get the lad a new deal IMO
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #219: Jul 16, 2009 04:08:17 pm
      Oh really? If you go back a few pages you'd see how he was acting to come here.

Me thinks he knows he has to improve that attitude to get back into the good books at Naples.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #220: Jul 16, 2009 04:32:11 pm
      Oh really? If you go back a few pages you'd see how he was acting to come here.

Me thinks he knows he has to improve that attitude to get back into the good books at Naples.

Was all to similar to Mascherano to be honest, no concrete offer for teh player but the player flirting with teh club only difference to me was Lavezzi's agent was a lot louder and more Vocal than Masch's, guarantee you Levezzi will be rewarded with a new deal
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #221: Jul 16, 2009 05:13:02 pm
      no concrete offer for teh player but the player flirting with teh club

Is that teh truth, teh whole truth, and nothing but teh truth?

;)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #222: Jul 17, 2009 12:12:34 am
      Fingers are a little fast some times ;D
      Tamyka 4 Torres
      • Forum Neil Ruddock

• 152 posts |
      Reply #223: Jul 23, 2009 01:11:28 pm
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,927 posts | 823 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #224: Jul 26, 2009 08:31:24 pm
      When i heard liverpool were linked with him i was happy. this guy might be what we need he is a quick feeted player and has a good shot on him i say rafa should try sign him he could be the 15 goal a season type of player.
      ForzaNino
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 88 posts | -2 
      Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli)
      Reply #225: Jan 05, 2010 07:29:05 pm
      Sport.co.uk can reveal that Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez has been priced out of a move for Napoli forward Ezequiel Lavezzi. Benitez is eager to strengthen his troubled Liverpool squad, and had earmarked the Argentine prodigy, once dubbed the “next Maradona” as the ideal foil for Fernando Torres and Steven Gerrard.

However in an exclusive interview with Sport.co.uk Lavezzi’s agent Frederic Guerra revealed that it is unlikely that Liverpool, or any club would be able to afford Napoli’s coveted number 7. When asked about Lavezzi’s possible move to Liverpool in the January window, Guerra said:

“There is interest. But it is impossible for Lavezzi to move, as Napoli want a lot of money for the striker, so it will be difficult. I don’t think a transfer will happen in January.”

Lavezzi was heavily linked with a £13 million move to Liverpool last summer. His representative at the time Eduardo Rossetto told the Guardian in June 2009:

"Liverpool's proposal is true. [Napoli's general director Pierpaolo] Marino has met twice with Fifa agent Pablo Cosentino, who has invited him to set up a meeting in Liverpool or in Naples with the English outfit.

"Ezequiel has tried several times to speak to Marino but he has received no response. If Napoli have decided to take this extreme position, so will we. We don't want to force Napoli to sell the player but I think it is correct for the club just to consider the offer, to judge it whether it's sufficient or not."

Sport.co.uk can also confirm that Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez is close to sealing the transfer of Atletico Madrid playmaker and Argentine international Maxi Rodriguez, however it is not understood whether the transfer will be on a permanent or short term basis.

http://www.sport.co.uk/news/Football/32136/Agent_Liverpool_priced_out_of_move_for_Napoli_ace.aspx
      Pywell80
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #226: Jan 05, 2010 07:54:48 pm
      Shme about Lavezzi he is a quality player, really strong runner with the ball,

If we could swap him for Dossena and offer some cash that would be ideal
      ForzaNino
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 88 posts | -2 
      Reply #227: Jan 05, 2010 08:00:06 pm
      i would prefer lavezzi to LFC too, we will be the most feared team in England to have lavezzi, gerrard, nando, maxi & benny.
      i think maybe Rafa should add babel into dossena deal and swap for lavezzi. i really hope that lavezzi would come..WALk ON lads!
      Pywell80
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 31 posts |
      Reply #228: Jan 05, 2010 08:07:17 pm
      If Lavezzi was an option and he came would Rafa switch to a 4-4-2 or would he play Lavezzi wide?
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #229: Jan 05, 2010 08:10:13 pm
      Why make the topic then when we're not getting him!

Quick Reply