Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli)

Read 27116 times
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli)
      May 08, 2009 01:40:00 pm
      Report: Liverpool To Challenge Juventus For Napoli Ace Ezequiel Lavezzi
      Press reports this week have claimed that Juventus have been in talks with Napoli striker Ezequiel Lavezzi over a summer move to Turin. Today’s Corriere dello Sport alleges that the Old Lady could face competition from Premier League giants Liverpool.
      It is suggested that Reds coach Rafael Benitez is ready to bid up to €25 million to take ‘El Pocho’ to Anfield, where he could form a fearsome partnership with Spanish international Fernando Torres.

Yesterday, Lavezzi’s agent insisted that his client was happy in Naples, but he made it clear that the player is dreaming of featuring in the Champions League in the near future. In addition, he alleged that the Partenopei could opt to sell him to a foreign club to avoid strengthening one of their Serie A rivals.

However, Napoli’s director of sport, Pierpaolo Marino, reiterated yesterday afternoon that the club has no intention of parting company with either Lavezzi or Slovak international Marek Hamsik.

http://www.talkaloadofbull.com/en/news/11/transfer-zone/2009/05/08/1252906/report-liverpool-to-challenge-juventus-for-napoli-ace-ezequiel-l
      « Last Edit: May 08, 2009 02:48:19 pm by Bpatel, Reason: Club added to title. »
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Re: Ezequiel Lavezzi
      Reply #1: May 08, 2009 01:42:18 pm
      25 mil .... might as well spend that money on david silva ... he's the one we really need !
      Bowlesy88
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 200 posts |
      Reply #2: May 08, 2009 02:26:27 pm
      yeh i mean, we dont want to be spending more than 15 million on another striker if he's only goin to play when torres is injured as not to disrupt our 4-2-3-1 system which i really think works. i know theres the possiblity to play a 4-4-2 against weaker teams that simply park the bus but still.

a better option would be to invest in a striker that can also play as a winger, personally i think robin van persie would be a great option
      jonnylfc88
      • Forum John Toshack

• 265 posts |
      Reply #3: May 08, 2009 02:28:26 pm
      haha how weird, i bought him on football manager couple of years ago, wasn't particularly great and now we're 'interested' in him, how strange.

chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,457 posts | 2852 
      Re: Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli)
      Reply #4: May 08, 2009 04:00:48 pm
      Are you F***ing joking me?

25 million euros on a striker who isn't going going to get in our starting 11.

Load of sh*te.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #5: May 08, 2009 04:14:49 pm
      25 mil for this guy? Will never do the business. We've got other pressing concerns to address in the team, I think rightback is where we need a good backup, also we need a 4th decent backup in the central since Sami's left. Wouldn't really mess around with the central midfielder because it's quite settled, but will be looking to get a new left winger in, probably someone in the mould of Silva.

25 million euros is as good as wasting our whole transfer budget for the summer on a player, who's just gonna warm the bench given Torres-Gerrard partnership. There is no way that Torres will partner someone IMO, he is someone who takes the spotlight rather than play second fiddle, the Euro08 just proved it. Torres was always giving to Villa, but then turned national hero in the final, when Villa didn't play. And if you're telling me to fit a new striker up front, push Gerrrard back to centre mid, then no chance.

Again, have other pressing concerns to address, like the depth of the squad to sustain a title challenge and the topic on having 2 good players in each position. Also, I'll happily promote Nemeth up to the first team next season, with Ngog. Both have potential and I think Ngog is a good finisher. We'll see though.

Agreed chats, Load of sh*te that just aint gonna happen considering he himself plays in a slow league that even I can fall asleep watching ;)
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #6: May 08, 2009 06:14:49 pm
      What does 'El Pocho' mean?
      Agreed €25 million seems abit too much.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #7: May 08, 2009 08:34:07 pm
      Why are we reading info from a site that is named; 'talkaloadofbull.com' again?

Anyways, for too much money but if Rafa is interested I have faith in the boss...
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #8: May 08, 2009 08:43:13 pm
      He is a decent player and he kinda reminds me of Tevez but for 25 million we should look elsewhere.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #9: May 08, 2009 08:51:53 pm
      I don't know much about him, I know a lot of people who follow Italian football say he is a real talent (along with his teammate Hamsik). Like a lot of you said I can't see us spending 25m on one player but then again no one would of thought we would spend 20m on Keane so who knows what Rafa got in his head
      fletch_rox
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,189 posts | 12 
      • JFT96
      Reply #10: May 09, 2009 05:35:23 am
      25mil!! For someone I haven't even heard of. I hardly watch Italian football, because I find it sooo boring but surely that money could be going towards a top quality winger such as Silva. Not getting my hopes up though
      macca8
      • Started Topic

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #11: May 09, 2009 11:16:36 am
      I think El pocho means someone who has hispanic blood but was born/raised in US.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #12: May 19, 2009 06:03:24 pm
      Not sure about this one, I suspect it's only a rumour as it's an awful lot of money that we don't have. He is a good player from what I've seen but signing players from Serie A seems to be particularly risky, often they can't handle the physicality of the Prem!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #13: May 20, 2009 01:31:58 pm
      He was boss in the Olympics.
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #14: May 20, 2009 02:44:22 pm
      i think he would be a good replacement for Kuyt(when he is too old). also can provid back up for Torres. but im not sure if he is any better than Babel. Price of 25mil? Then no chance.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #15: May 20, 2009 02:48:57 pm
      talkaloadofbull

enough said
      ForzaNino
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 88 posts | -2 
      Reply #16: May 21, 2009 03:45:30 pm
      20M is too much..but i've watched this guy before n been following his games since 2007..really quick..skillful too... torres+tevez+aguero = lavezzi
      plays like kuyt too..he runs, n runs n runs...
      strong n hardworking like tevez...
      this guy likes to run with the ball on the left flank n make the RB look like a joke..
      im not judging him by videos from youtube..
      i followed argentina n napoli games..he's good..

but still think tevez is better partner for nando
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #17: May 22, 2009 03:08:03 pm
      Report: Napoli Reject Liverpool’s €22m Bid For Ezequiel Lavezzi

The Vesuviani have turned down the Reds’ initial offer for ‘El Pocho’, however, the parties could meet again next week.

According to  La Gazzetta dello Sport, Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has rebuffed a €22 million bid from Premier League giants Liverpool for Argentine star Ezequiel Lavezzi.
      The 24-year-old has been frequently associated with a move away from the San Paolo in recent weeks, with the Italian press suggesting that his agent, Alejandro Manzoni, has been in talks with Juventus.

It is claimed the Vesuviani were approached by an unnamed emissary on behalf of the Merseyside outfit, however, De Laurentiis said no to the initial bid.

Things could change at the start of next week, though. Manzoni is reportedly arranging a direct meeting between the two clubs for Monday.

Lavezzi is tied to the Campani until 2013 but there have been reports his representatives will seek a considerable pay rise at the end of the season.

The former San Lorenzo man, who has netted seven goals in 28 league appearances this season, currently earns €1.3m per season at the San Paolo. Liverpool are allegedly prepared to offer him a salary of €4m to lure him to Anfield.

Lavezzi has been sidelined with a muscular problem since Napoli’s 1-0 win over Inter last month but he could be back in action against Catania this weekend.

That's about 19.2 million pounds!! Worth it?
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #18: May 22, 2009 03:30:15 pm
      Report: Napoli Reject Liverpool’s €22m Bid For Ezequiel Lavezzi

The Vesuviani have turned down the Reds’ initial offer for ‘El Pocho’, however, the parties could meet again next week.

According to  La Gazzetta dello Sport, Napoli president Aurelio De Laurentiis has rebuffed a €22 million bid from Premier League giants Liverpool for Argentine star Ezequiel Lavezzi.
      The 24-year-old has been frequently associated with a move away from the San Paolo in recent weeks, with the Italian press suggesting that his agent, Alejandro Manzoni, has been in talks with Juventus.

It is claimed the Vesuviani were approached by an unnamed emissary on behalf of the Merseyside outfit, however, De Laurentiis said no to the initial bid.

Things could change at the start of next week, though. Manzoni is reportedly arranging a direct meeting between the two clubs for Monday.

Lavezzi is tied to the Campani until 2013 but there have been reports his representatives will seek a considerable pay rise at the end of the season.

The former San Lorenzo man, who has netted seven goals in 28 league appearances this season, currently earns €1.3m per season at the San Paolo. Liverpool are allegedly prepared to offer him a salary of €4m to lure him to Anfield.

Lavezzi has been sidelined with a muscular problem since Napoli’s 1-0 win over Inter last month but he could be back in action against Catania this weekend.

That's about 19.2 million pounds!! Worth it?

Never heard of the lad, so I'm going to say no.
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #19: May 22, 2009 04:09:47 pm
      Xabi's initial bid is only 18mil pound from Real! How can he cost so much? Bullshit. I say 12-15mil max.
      LordHamburgReds
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #20: May 22, 2009 04:38:04 pm
      macca8
      • Started Topic

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #21: May 22, 2009 04:40:56 pm
      Yeah c'mon you youtube lovers!Post as much as you can!Actually youtube can't prove anything coz they mostly edit everything. Took out the crap and leave the best part...
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #22: May 23, 2009 12:19:44 am
      I wouldnt look at Youtube to look at players, that site can make Titus Bramble a world class player..... A friend of my who watches Seria A at regular basis rates this lad..... but the reported fee which we had a rejection is too much. He is similar to Tevez but doesnt have much of the aggresion and is more skillful but again Tevez is proven in this league....... Chelsea are also having their eye on him....

Quick Reply