Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 18th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli)

Read 27118 times
      SuperSkrtel
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 387 posts |
      Re: Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli)
      Reply #23: May 23, 2009 01:04:55 am
      Never heard of the lad before today and i would'nt judge a player from a you tube clip but one thing that is blatantly obvious is that this lad is part greyhound ;D defenders would have a nightmare dealing with that pace as Nando has proved since he signed looks to have good dribbling skills too
      el nino9
      • Forum John Barnes

• 417 posts |
      Reply #24: May 23, 2009 04:00:28 pm
      News just in peeps?

please follow the link ref Lavezzi

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/may23l.html
      johnolly
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #25: May 26, 2009 12:20:36 pm
      I think the reason Rafa allegedly bid for him is he fits the bill for what Rafa is looking for, he wants a player who can play either flank or in the Torres or Gerrard role. They must be strong and quick, and have a Kuyt style work ethic. I think this guy fits the bill and we all seem to agree we need a quality winger and a second striker. So we can play a 4-4-2 more at home.

In my opinion this guy fits the bill, why spend 30m on 3 players when we can have 1 for 25 who is versatile enough to do all 3 jobs?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #26: May 26, 2009 06:00:43 pm
      The one thing that doesn't impress me about this lad is he only has 7 or 8 goals all season in Italy and he hasn't being injured, 20 million plus for his lad would be outrageous.
      ForzaNino
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 88 posts | -2 
      Reply #27: May 26, 2009 06:12:25 pm
      The one thing that doesn't impress me about this lad is he only has 7 or 8 goals all season in Italy and he hasn't being injured, 20 million plus for his lad would be outrageous.

even nando didn't score much goal when he was in athleti. but look how strong & quick he is...he gets the goals rite..
      i agree with johnolly. lavezzi fits d bill. he's quick, strong, skillful, workhorse like kuyt, can play on both flanks...
      if we can't get tevez, then i hope we can sign another argentine named Lavezzi.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #28: May 26, 2009 06:18:06 pm
      Surely the temptation of CL will draw him to us! Napoli right now are not even fighting for Europa Cup if I'm not mistaken.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #29: May 26, 2009 07:08:59 pm
      Surely the temptation of CL will draw him to us! Napoli right now are not even fighting for Europa Cup if I'm not mistaken.

They are going to be around 12th-15th place in the league
      macca8
      • Started Topic

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #30: May 27, 2009 11:46:10 am
      Like Singh said, his friend rated him as he watched Serie A so there must be something that got Rafa interested in him.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #31: May 27, 2009 12:31:15 pm
      Sorry but if he isnt a natural winger, dont buy him for the wing. From the Olympics in Beijing, he was class and ran down the flanks and through the middle so surely that must have some confused about his position?
      macca8
      • Started Topic

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #32: May 27, 2009 12:37:13 pm
      Sorry I don't really what is his real position though but I think he's good down the flanks...
      ForzaNino
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 88 posts | -2 
      Reply #33: May 27, 2009 04:57:39 pm
      agree..he's good playing on the flanks. run with the ball with speed n has a vision for players in the box, n can cross the ball too.
      cracking little fella..
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #34: May 27, 2009 05:29:43 pm
      But would you pay 25 million for him when he is unproven in the Premiership and has had a poor goal ratio for a striker in the Italian league.
      macca8
      • Started Topic

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #35: May 27, 2009 05:30:45 pm
      I don't think he's a striker.
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #36: May 27, 2009 05:31:39 pm
      By the looks of him on the vid he looks a bit like a poor mans messi.
      ForzaNino
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 88 posts | -2 
      Reply #37: May 28, 2009 06:56:15 am
      i watched his games mate..he suits d PL...he's strong, just like tevez...if rafa thinks that he's worth 25M,why not...guy dont have to be superstar to be in liverpool shirt..
      lavezzi has d potential to tear defences up..
      FYI im not judging him from youtube..i followed his games..
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #38: May 28, 2009 08:29:29 am
      But would you pay 25 million for him when he is unproven in the Premiership and has had a poor goal ratio for a striker in the Italian league.

Torres was unproven in the premier league, and he wasn't banging them in left, right and centre at Atleti in the same fashion as he is here.
      macca8
      • Started Topic

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #39: May 28, 2009 11:55:38 am
      I agree with you Eem. Torres scoring rate for At. Madrid wasn't that good in fact I think he never got past 20 goal mark per season in La Liga, but Rafa took a gamble considering his pace and creativity and it paid him handsomely. I think the situation is the same here with Lavezzi. I know he's not a proven goalscorer and hey Tevez also not a regular goalscorer. But Lavezzi plays at the same position as Tevez is right now and considering the fact that Tevez played for the scum, I would rather get Lavezzi!
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #40: May 28, 2009 12:09:55 pm
      Ya but the difference between Torres and Lavezzi, was Torres had shown his class on the international stage, he was his club captain and barring his last season in Spain had a good goal ratio in Spain. Half of Europe was interested in him or had being interested in him. He was worth every penny, the fee was 20 million rising to 26 million. I'm not saying Lavezzi isn't a good player but for 25 million I think we should forget him, don't think we can compare him to Torres at all.
      therapy2004
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts |
      Reply #41: May 28, 2009 01:57:20 pm
      The ignorance on these postings is very scary!  I've watched a lot of this player and, believe me, he is world class.  This is a player that, should he come to Anfield, will be spoken about in the same breath as Torres and Gerrard.  Yes, that good.  He is as strong as a bull, very very skillful, has unbelievable control and vision, takes on players, does not stop working, and is potentially a future world player of the year.  I would bust the bank to have him here, and there will be vast quantities of humble pie being eaten in these very forums!  Wait and see, guys.  I'm praying he comes to Liverpool.  Worth twenty something million?  And then some.

Forgot to say, in reply to Bowlesy88, he can play on either flank, or through the middle.  And to 'Chats', he would walk into our first eleven!
      « Last Edit: May 28, 2009 02:30:46 pm by Bpatel, Reason: Merged successive posts. »
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #42: May 28, 2009 05:25:03 pm
      The ignorance on these postings is very scary!  I've watched a lot of this player and, believe me, he is world class.  This is a player that, should he come to Anfield, will be spoken about in the same breath as Torres and Gerrard.  Yes, that good.  He is as strong as a bull, very very skillful, has unbelievable control and vision, takes on players, does not stop working, and is potentially a future world player of the year.  I would bust the bank to have him here, and there will be vast quantities of humble pie being eaten in these very forums!  Wait and see, guys.  I'm praying he comes to Liverpool.  Worth twenty something million?  And then some.

Forgot to say, in reply to Bowlesy88, he can play on either flank, or through the middle.  And to 'Chats', he would walk into our first eleven!

That good huh? How many goals has he scored for Napoli this season?
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #43: May 28, 2009 06:03:15 pm
      I think its seven.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #44: May 28, 2009 09:00:48 pm
      If you look at his stats he shows he is more of a creative player than simply a goal scorer.

2008/09 - 30 games 7 goals 7 assists
      2007/08 - 35 games 8 goals 8 assists

StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #45: May 28, 2009 09:23:54 pm
      You shouldn't look at his goal tally alone, he's got more to offer than that. He's not an out and out striker he's more of a creative wide-man. Goal scoring hasn't been our problem this year, we've lacked creativity against some of the lower sides when we couldn't turn draws into wins. Lavezzi could be the player we need, extremely quick and agile, skillful and creative. David Silva is the most popular choice, but I think Lavezzi could be a great player in the Prem. The price seems abit steep though.

Quick Reply