Trending Topics

Next match: Betis v LFC [Friendly] Sat 27th Jul @ 12:30 am
      Acrisure Stadium

Today is the 15th of June and on this date LFC's match record is P1 W1 D0 L0

Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli)

Read 27247 times
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Re: Ezequiel Lavezzi (Napoli)
      Reply #46: May 28, 2009 10:22:29 pm
      Right, can someone put this simply to me?

Is this lad...

a) An out and out winger (like Silva or Ashley Young)

b) A forward who can play on the wing (like Kuyt)

c) A striker (like Torres)
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      • Name:Richard-Age:21-Nationality:Welsh
      Reply #47: May 28, 2009 10:33:36 pm
      I'd probably say B, just think of how Barca play with Messi etc, He plays a similar role to him. If you'd like to put a name for it, it would be a supporting striker.

In our formation he'd probably play out wide supporting Torres.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Reply #48: May 28, 2009 11:39:22 pm
      So essentially it would be..

Kuyt          Gerrard       Lavezzi

Torres

I'm not sure to be honest. But I don't watch Serie A at all, the only game I saw was the Milan derby. This lad in all fairness is good from what I've read but I would still prefer a proper out and out winger on the left hand side. Also £25 million is a bit steep.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #49: May 28, 2009 11:49:47 pm
      So essentially it would be..

Kuyt          Gerrard       Lavezzi

Torres

I'm not sure to be honest. But I don't watch Serie A at all, the only game I saw was the Milan derby. This lad in all fairness is good from what I've read but I would still prefer a proper out and out winger on the left hand side. Also £25 million is a bit steep.
      Good point mate. the  price is the key, 10-15 milliion ok but for 25 milliion we wont something proven
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      Reply #50: May 28, 2009 11:53:57 pm
      Yer that's how I'd predict it to be, one reason why I think he'd fit in well is because of his pace, he is lightning quick and has fantastic close control. Ther's no substitute for pace as they say! It's what you need in the Prem. But as you can see from Napoli are desperate to keep him so the price is very high.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,521 posts | 2874 
      Reply #51: May 28, 2009 11:57:27 pm
      Yer that's how I'd predict it to be, one reason why I think he'd fit in well is because of his pace, he is lightning quick and has fantastic close control. Ther's no substitute for pace as they say! It's what you need in the Prem. But as you can see from Napoli are desperate to keep him so the price is very high.

Ryan Babel has a lot of pace and look at him.

If the price was £10 million then I'd think about taking a punt but as RedRoy said for 25 million you want a player who is proven to be world class.

Someone like Silva has gone and done it in the Euros, on one of the biggest stages and from what I'm hearing he'd doing pretty well in Spain, one of the finest leagues around. Therefore you could probably just about justify the price.
      StevieG-force
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,526 posts | 12 
      Reply #52: May 29, 2009 12:04:03 am
      Silva would be my first choice aswell. But who knows where he'll end up, he's said that he wants to stay until his contract runs out and Valencia are trying to create a bidding war by the sounds of things. Lavezzi hasn't got the same reputation because he's playing in a worse league for a worse team, not that I'm criticizing Silva.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,340 posts | 2838 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #53: May 29, 2009 07:53:18 pm
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #54: May 30, 2009 06:04:12 am

That's about 19 million pounds plus Doss? Still a bit steep I think.
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish
      • Started Topic

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #55: May 30, 2009 10:01:11 am
      Well as I don't even understand a word in Italian...I think maybe Rafa did know something special about this guy that we maybe just overlooked.
      ForzaNino
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 88 posts | -2 
      Reply #56: May 30, 2009 03:32:42 pm
      Ya but the difference between Torres and Lavezzi, was Torres had shown his class on the international stage, he was his club captain and barring his last season in Spain had a good goal ratio in Spain. Half of Europe was interested in him or had being interested in him. He was worth every penny, the fee was 20 million rising to 26 million. I'm not saying Lavezzi isn't a good player but for 25 million I think we should forget him, don't think we can compare him to Torres at all.

do you watch argentina games mate? well i did..
      one reason why some people didn't notice his games is because they have MESSI...they have masch, maxi rodriguez, tevez, lavezzi, jonas, maria...but people only sees Messi..
      lavezzi is in the weakest team, in d weakest league..
      and i agree wit Stevie-G Force..napoli is desperate to keep him, so price is high..
      don't compare lavezzi to babel..lavezzi is hardworking than him..more faster,skillful n stonger than him too..
      i pray for him to come and play for liverpool..
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #57: May 30, 2009 06:05:01 pm
      signed him on football manager.... sh*t hot. kicking arse in the red shirt....... in the game of course :p
      therapy2004
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 145 posts |
      Reply #58: May 31, 2009 08:52:02 am
      That good huh? How many goals has he scored for Napoli this season?

I know this is about discussion, but I think people will just have to wait and see on this one...the deal looks close to being sealed.  I feel strongly that this guy is going to be a great great signing.
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #59: May 31, 2009 12:04:37 pm
      Ya but the difference between Torres and Lavezzi, was Torres had shown his class on the international stage, he was his club captain and barring his last season in Spain had a good goal ratio in Spain. Half of Europe was interested in him or had being interested in him. He was worth every penny, the fee was 20 million rising to 26 million. I'm not saying Lavezzi isn't a good player but for 25 million I think we should forget him, don't think we can compare him to Torres at all.

Torres has hardly any decent competition for the strikers roles in Spain, he has Morientes, Llorento and he often plays alongside Villa.
      In Argentina, Lavezzi has to compete with Messi, Aguero, Tevez, Diego Milito who all play for better teams than Napoli, and are all world class players (maybe with the exception of Milito)

I see your point, but the validity is weakened somewhat because of the attacking talent his country has. If he were Italian, I'd understand better.

€20 Million plus Dossena does seem a bit steep for a gamble, though.
      macca8
      • Started Topic

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #60: May 31, 2009 12:11:05 pm
      I agree with you Eem. You should look that Torres right now besides Villa is the main striker for Spain while Lavezzi have loads of talented strikers in Argentina to compete with. Torres right now plays for the best english club in europe while Lavezzi has to settle in a weak club in a less competitive league. So he tend to be overlooked as nobody would like to buy a player in an average club like him. But he's like a big fish in a small pond wanting to ply his trade for a better team. I think pound for pound he's equal to Tevez but like Eeem said the difference here is Tevez played in a better league and a better team.
      macca8
      • Started Topic

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      Reply #61: May 31, 2009 12:29:06 pm
      Liverpool urged to up their bid for Ezequiel Lavezzi
      Reports in Italy have claimed that Napoli are now willing to sell their Argentinean striker Ezequiel Lavezzi and have urged Liverpool to up their offer which was rejected a few weeks ago.

Lavezzi’s agent Alejandro Mazzoni said: "Whether he stays or not depends entirely on Napoli, but I think the club wants to sell him... Now there is an important offer on the table for both the player and the club, now I get the feeling Napoli want to sell him. I wish to point out that Napoli are very important for Lavezzi, but we are talking about an English club that plays in the Champions League who are offering to treble his wages."

The 24-year-old striker has been a revelation at Napoli during his two seasons at the club, since joining from San Lorenzo.
      The Argentinean international (3 caps, no goals) has scored 16 goals over two seasons and has also chipped in with some important assists. During the 2008/2009 season, Lavezzi provided six assists.

IMScouting’s network of scouts in Italy describe Lavezzi as "a young supporting striker, who has the freedom to roam either wing. He's a solid crosser who can also finish, but his speciality act is as simple as it is effective. He receives the ball, usually in space, beats a man, sucks a couple of opponents to him and then, he can either wins a free-kick, burst through a knot of defenders or lay the ball off to a now unmarked teammate, because the opposition is entirely preoccupied with him."

The reports in Italy suggest Napoli would accept an offer of around 17 million pounds for the diminutive striker.
      http://www.imscouting.com/global_news_item.aspx?id=2139
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,687 posts | 6981 
      Reply #62: May 31, 2009 02:44:12 pm
      £17 Million?

Get. To. F**k.
      radya
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 59 posts |
      Reply #63: May 31, 2009 03:02:15 pm
      17 million? is it worth? liverpool only have 20 million from yanks.. IMO rafa must pushing down lavezzi's price.. but
      if liverpool get lavezzi in this summer he'll be great add for the squad.. lavezzi could play in many position and it helps rafa not too confuse thinking about winger or striker back up..
      flafson
      • Forum Roger Hunt

• 497 posts |
      Reply #64: May 31, 2009 03:17:53 pm
      He seems to have a lot of potential but not quite there yet, don't think Rafa will want to take risks with anyone new next season.
      paulrobbo

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #65: May 31, 2009 05:40:31 pm
      £17 Million?

Get. To. F**k.

Agree.

If he's that good, why is it that we're the only big name side after him?
      govinox
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 661 posts |
      • Where once we watched the King Kenny play.
      Reply #66: May 31, 2009 05:43:53 pm
      Accept 17 million pounds? I thought there was news about few days ago ,that Napoli rejected a 20 million euro bid from us. Lots of bull in my opinion.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #67: May 31, 2009 08:04:44 pm
      Lot of money for an unproven lad, to be honest I'm not really able to comment on this lad because I've only seen bits and pieces, but what the stats show is he has 4 caps for Argentina is 24, seems to score an average or 7 or 8 goals a season with 6 assists, don't really want to criticise this lad as he maybe a good signing but for a lot less money being quoted. He is nearly the same age as Tevez but hasn't had half the club or international career as him yet. Would prefer Tevez but maybe we just don't have the money.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #68: Jun 01, 2009 01:18:42 pm
      Napoli striker Ezequiel Lavezzi has moved to quell talk of a move to Liverpool amid speculation linking him with a summer switch to Anfield.

Rafa Benitez is expected to bolster his striking options in the close-season and the name of Argentine hit-man Lavezzi has demanded its fair share of column inches.

Lavezzi moved to Napoli in the summer of 2007 and caught the eye last season with a series of bright displays and seven goals in Serie A.

Although Napoli finished in 12th place last term, in what was a disappointing campaign, Lavezzi remains committed to the cause and has no intention of seeking a move to the Premier League.

"Liverpool's offer? I want to stay at Napoli," he said.

"I hope everything will be made clear but it depends on the club not on me.

"I reiterate that my wish is to remain at Napoli."

The 24-year-old is under contract with Napoli until June 2012.

Quick Reply