Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 11th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P18 W9 D6 L3

Roma Finale 2009 (UEFA Champions League)

Read 46897 times
      Sophie.
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 37 posts |
      Re: Roma Finale 2009 (UEFA Champions League)
      Reply #368: May 27, 2009 10:38:45 pm
      Well that was a nice birthday present from Barca!  :laugh:

The manc fans were unbelievably up their own arse before the match.  :f_steam:
      Got just what they deserved.  :lmao:
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #369: May 27, 2009 10:39:56 pm
      I can feel the love on here  :lmao:
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #370: May 27, 2009 10:41:06 pm
      1st time I've heard a scouser on You're on Sky Sports!! :lmao:
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #371: May 27, 2009 10:42:51 pm

Of course you can, we just love them Manc bas**rds.

:D I'm so happy about that result. Gutting for them, great for us.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #372: May 27, 2009 10:48:04 pm
      Just heard that Guardiola is resigning?

Can anyone confirm this?
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #373: May 27, 2009 10:49:03 pm

Can anyone confirm this?

Hope not.

Although the only way is down now really. First season, 37 years old and wins the Treble. Where'd you go from there?
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #374: May 27, 2009 10:49:47 pm

Can anyone confirm this?

Why would he be resigning? :laugh:

Would have been on SSN by now and it's not so doubt it's true.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #375: May 27, 2009 10:49:57 pm
      One hell of an achievement that isn't it, although you could say he has been gifted with an incredible bunch of players.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #376: May 27, 2009 10:53:01 pm
      I'm not the only Liverpool supporter in work but I am probably the most vocal.  If there is anything to do with Liverpool FC and particularly anything derogatory it ends up in my Inbox.

I have had a number of enquiries today from the friendly Man U supporters if I will be watching the match.  My response has been "What match?"  So I've just got on with my life.

After work as usual I went the the Gym and then headed home.  As I was driving through Warrington I saw a Man U flag in the road.  Probably fell off a car.  I carefully steered the car the make sure both wheels ran over it.  Small pleasure from small things.

I didn't watch the match.  The thought of Mancs celebrating another Champions League win was more than I could contemplate or stomach.  I decided that I needed to catch up on some Sex in the City episodes I had missed on the FiveUS channel.  At 9.45 I decided to flick on to the BBC text channel to find out the result.  The street must think I have gone mad as I laughed insanely and screamed when I saw the result.  I immediately flicked onto ITV to see Rooney in tears and Ferguson glowering.  Priceless.

Apparently Barcelona thoroughly deserved to win and outplayed and outclassed the Mancs.  I shouldn't be surprised given that we beat them 2-1 and 4-1 this season.  They are not as good as they think.  I've come to the conclusion that United are just bloody lucky.

Make no mistake though it was not Barcelona's play that defeated the Scum.  It was me that put the mockers on them when I ran over their flag.  No it wasn't Barca play that lead to the Mancs demise.  It was Oldred. >:D   
      LYNCH
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 40 posts |
      Reply #377: May 27, 2009 10:55:29 pm
      Gosh i must be the only one of all the above not dancing on their grave. And i won't start now. No problem with the result. Better team won. Having said all that let no fellow Liverpool fan tell me that they are more obsessed about us. The reality is, going by the above and all the threads in the last few weeks we are equally if not more obsessed about them. I have good fellow Liverpool fans and ironically eonough of all the other clubs out there the best non Liverpool fans in my experience are Man U fans. Just been on to one there who was at the match and totally magnaminous. He was the 1st guy to commiserate with me when Liverpool lost in 2007. So yes lovers of the red let us concentrate on trying to overtake them and emulating their recent success while at the same time winning back what we took for granted many years ago.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #378: May 27, 2009 10:55:33 pm
      Nice one OldRed. Barca hit the post aswell you know? :lmao:
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Reply #379: May 27, 2009 10:55:41 pm
      I know I shouldn't celebrate when another team wins, but United fans are just simply cu*ts of the highest order.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #380: May 27, 2009 10:55:52 pm
      I'm not the only Liverpool supporter in work but I am probably the most vocal.  If there is anything to do with Liverpool FC and particularly anything derogatory it ends up in my Inbox.

I have had a number of enquiries today from the friendly Man U supporters if I will be watching the match.  My response has been "What match?"  So I've just got on with my life.

After work as usual I went the the Gym and then headed home.  As I was driving through Warrington I saw a Man U flag in the road.  Probably fell off a car.  I carefully steered the car the make sure both wheels ran over it.  Small pleasure from small things.

I didn't watch the match.  The thought of Mancs celebrating another Champions League win was more than I could contemplate or stomach.  I decided that I needed to catch up on some Sex in the City episodes I had missed on the FiveUS channel.  At 9.45 I decided to flick on to the BBC text channel to find out the result.  The street must think I have gone mad as I laughed insanely and screamed when I saw the result.  I immediately flicked onto ITV to see Rooney in tears and Ferguson glowering.  Priceless.

Apparently Barcelona thoroughly deserved to win and outplayed and outclassed the Mancs.  I shouldn't be surprised given that we beat them 2-1 and 4-1 this season.  They are not as good as they think.  I've come to the conclusion that United are just bloody lucky.

Make no mistake though it was not Barcelona's play that defeated the Scum.  It was me that put the mockers on them when I ran over their flag.  No it wasn't Barca play that lead to the Mancs demise.  It was Oldred. >:D   

Fantastic.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #381: May 27, 2009 10:57:57 pm

Well in OldRed!!!! I hope you'd driven through some sh*t just before drove over the flag.

Thunderlara
      • Forum John Aldridge

• 107 posts |
      Reply #382: May 27, 2009 10:58:42 pm

Hahaha great story!
      Made me wish i had stayed and watch Shrek en Slur...
      When the final whistle blew, i just got up as if to say job done
      Ah well there's always youtube
      ;)
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,333 posts | 8607 
      Reply #383: May 27, 2009 11:00:06 pm
      Twenty-three years he's been chasing his dreams, 19 league titles at the theatre of screams.
      One more after this, three more European Cups, one sour-faced b***ard and a team of F**k-ups.
      A scots false messiah who bought a knighthood, they once wanted him out and bayed for his blood.
      And lest we forget his ego of course, brought their club to it's knees for the sake of a horse.
      His interviews teach us how not to behave, contempt that must make Busby turn in his grave.
      So always remember as a blind devotee, what took him six years took King Kenny one.
      And what'll hurt most of all his glories bygone, what took him 13 seasons took a fat Spaniard one!
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #384: May 27, 2009 11:00:50 pm
      Gosh I must be the only one of all the above not dancing on their grave. And I won't start now. No problem with the result. Better team won. Having said all that let no fellow Liverpool fan tell me that they are more obsessed about us. The reality is, going by the above and all the threads in the last few weeks we are equally if not more obsessed about them.

You couldn't be more wrong mate. It's the manc's smugness biting the hand that feeds it. We're the hand that feeds them their scraps. And they are the dog clinging on to our heels that will never be bigger than us or stronger than us. They are obsessed with us. So even now they're talking about us, not their pathetic defeat. If they were more concerned with their own team than our history then we wouldn't be like this. But they set themselves up for a fall, and fall they always do. And then they all vanish - POOF - into thin air.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #385: May 27, 2009 11:01:14 pm

Glad you liked it.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #386: May 27, 2009 11:01:24 pm
      Gosh i must be the only one of all the above not dancing on their grave. And i won't start now. No problem with the result. Better team won. Having said all that let no fellow Liverpool fan tell me that they are more obsessed about us. The reality is, going by the above and all the threads in the last few weeks we are equally if not more obsessed about them. I have good fellow Liverpool fans and ironically eonough of all the other clubs out there the best non Liverpool fans in my experience are Man U fans. Just been on to one there who was at the match and totally magnaminous. He was the 1st guy to commiserate with me when Liverpool lost in 2007. So yes lovers of the red let us concentrate on trying to overtake them and emulating their recent success while at the same time winning back what we took for granted many years ago.

Speak for yourself.

I'm having a good laugh tonight!!  :lmao:
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #387: May 27, 2009 11:05:06 pm
      Gosh I must be the only one of all the above not dancing on their grave. And I won't start now. No problem with the result. Better team won. Having said all that let no fellow Liverpool fan tell me that they are more obsessed about us. The reality is, going by the above and all the threads in the last few weeks we are equally if not more obsessed about them. I have good fellow Liverpool fans and ironically eonough of all the other clubs out there the best non Liverpool fans in my experience are Man U fans. Just been on to one there who was at the match and totally magnaminous. He was the 1st guy to commiserate with me when Liverpool lost in 2007. So yes lovers of the red let us concentrate on trying to overtake them and emulating their recent success while at the same time winning back what we took for granted many years ago.

Certainly not.

Fair enough not jumping on the bandwagon but the majority of their fans would enjoy taking the piss out of ourselves so why not enjoy the moment?

They're quick enough to sign up on here and poke fun aren't they?
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #388: May 27, 2009 11:05:33 pm
      This result really shows how lucky manure have been this season,
      they have aging players, some bad performers in defence,
      the only reason they won the league is because teams are scared to play them

i know we could have beat them in the final, but even chelsea were a better team than man u in europe this year

the greatest final would have been us vs barca, i couldnt predict that one, maybe next year would be nice, a real competition though , not a white flag waved in surrender all night, unlike them mancs.
      LYNCH
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 40 posts |
      Reply #389: May 27, 2009 11:05:50 pm
      Gow my views sticks and you call Everton bitter.
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #390: May 27, 2009 11:06:02 pm
      Bella Bella :D

Im in stitches here..... today earlier at 6pm I was listening to my local radio.... BBC Radio Lancs, they were talking about the Manchester roads in the city centre and in Old trafford will be closed... they were giving times of which roads will be closed and which alternative route to take as "united will be parading the european cup" ... talk about arrogance....... goodness...!!! serves em right up they arse....

what a way to lose, in the final too.... thank the lord.... bella bella :D

Quick Reply