Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W10 D5 L8

12 (14) games from glory

Read 4245 times
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      12 (14) games from glory
      Jan 21, 2007 08:55:24 pm
      Pinched of another site, makes interesting reading and good use of Excel !!  ;) ;D
      « Last Edit: Feb 03, 2007 03:32:54 pm by Jabba »
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Re: The last 14 games of the season
      Reply #1: Jan 21, 2007 09:02:15 pm
      some hard and tricky away matches for the Dirty Red Scum,
      maybe just maybe  :)
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #2: Jan 21, 2007 09:58:10 pm
      What's the number under the points ?  I am assuming goal difference?

I think if United and the Chavs had won it would have just confirmed the two horse race.  I personally think we are too far behind United to seriously make a challenge for the title (don't get on my back) just my opinion. 

If I thought we could win every game till the end of the season then yes we would be in with a chance BUT unfortunately things like the Blackburn game still happen to us.

We've still got the Derby (even though Everton are sh*t) - and Newcastle away, Fulham away, Portsmouth away are not easy straightforward games IMO.

Let's just make sure we beat Everton, United and Arsenal at home to reverse those away defeats and then lets see how many points we are on....
      « Last Edit: Jan 21, 2007 10:07:52 pm by koolkidda »
      NWA
      • Forum David Johnson

• 218 posts |
      Reply #3: Jan 21, 2007 10:40:34 pm
      We can and maybe should win every single game left in the Premiership but like you said there is always one of those games where missed chances cost us and it could come against Fulham or Pompey but i hope not.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #4: Jan 21, 2007 11:13:32 pm
      Like I've said before I think we will get more points than the other three over the last 19 Prem games and If we could of just started the season better, well who knows. We need to keep going and take advantage of any slip ups even if its just to put United and Chavski under pressure and give them a few sleepless nights! And make sure that we hit the ground running next season and have a good start!!!
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #5: Jan 21, 2007 11:27:57 pm
      Lets just see where the season takes us yet.
      We've got Barca to play yet! So you never know where it could lead us!!
      homestrip
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 147 posts |
      • If you wanna keep it, you win it 5 times!!
      Reply #6: Jan 22, 2007 02:27:48 am
      What's the number under the points ?  I am assuming goal difference?

Ya KK its def goal difference. Unpleasing to see that we have least GD than any of other top 3. But we do have best defensive record. Credit to the lads after we lost 3-0 twice and 2-0 twice also
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,198 posts | 1642 
      Reply #7: Jan 23, 2007 07:14:21 pm
      this is going to sound blond (no offence smigger!!) but what does IMO mean??

I still believe we can catch utd, for once im hoping the blueshite win a game! Not to sure of the result we need between scum and chelsea, need a arse win over chavs. Arse got a difficult run in with chavs and spurs. We have a fairly simple run in on paper and i expect a win in all of our remaining games! fingers crossed eh!
      « Last Edit: Jan 23, 2007 07:15:51 pm by Liverbird »
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #8: Jan 23, 2007 08:58:19 pm
      this is going to sound blond (no offence smigger!!) but what does IMO mean??

I still believe we can catch utd, for once im hoping the blueshite win a game! Not to sure of the result we need between scum and chelsea, need a arse win over chavs. Arse got a difficult run in with chavs and spurs. We have a fairly simple run in on paper and I expect a win in all of our remaining games! fingers crossed eh!

No offence taken Liverbird !!  IMO stands for IN MY OPINION   ;) ;D
      redlozells
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #9: Jan 23, 2007 10:19:40 pm
      I'm with the Liverbird. Until its mathematically impossible for us to catch the leaders, then we still have a chance. If we carry on playing with the positive attitude of recent games, I wldnt put it past Rafa and the boyz bringing the Premiership and Champions League back home to the Mecca of Football. Think Positive and Make Us Dream.
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #10: Jan 23, 2007 11:46:30 pm
      I think we should re-name this post '14 wins from Glory'..........maybe Rafa can prove us all wrong (again) and prove he knows his onions with our squad being at full strength (practically) for the last 14 games?? Stranger things have happened....we've had two improbable comebacks in two finals in the last two years...maybe it's time for a bit of the same magic in the league.....you heard it here first....... C'mon you reds!!!   ;D
      fanatic dee
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 114 posts |
      Reply #11: Jan 27, 2007 12:11:26 am
      It starts here, I've always said never say die, keep winning and the League's ours, simple as that.
      Need to beat the scum and the Arse, if we do that.....
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #12: Jan 27, 2007 12:31:10 am
      I think we should re-name this post '14 wins from Glory'.........

Agreed and done.

Last year in our last 14 games we only lost and drew once - winning 12.  How we could do with that form from now on in.
      http://www.anfield-online.co.uk/stats/2007/seasonanalysis.html

Not sure how many points behind we were from the leaders at this stage last year though.
      « Last Edit: Jan 28, 2007 04:52:03 pm by Jabba »
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Re: 13 (14) games from Glory!
      Reply #13: Jan 30, 2007 10:11:07 pm
      One down. 13 to go.

Has anybody got the stats about how far behind we were this time last year etc. 
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #14: Jan 30, 2007 10:13:28 pm
      before tonite, I think we were on one of our best points tally at this stage, even after our poor start.
      defo got more points than last season.
      bring on the blue sh1te - then 12 games to glory  :angel: :angel:
      molby86
      • Forum David Johnson

• 239 posts |
      • Best left foot ever.........
      Reply #15: Jan 30, 2007 10:19:07 pm
      I love it when a plan comes together........ ;D
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #16: Jan 31, 2007 10:22:35 am
      The universe is full of strange and wonderful things. You never know you just never know what to expect next. Remeber 96/97 season, correct me if Im wrong werent Newcastle like 12 points ahead of the SCUM in January? And werent the scum in third place or something?? and by April didnt we beat NEwcastle 4-3 in that most amazing match, after that point they went downhill pretty sharpish after that. Lets just hope and pray and live the deam.
      priesty10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,339 posts |
      • Rafa, Gone but not forgotten
      Reply #17: Jan 31, 2007 10:27:23 am
      I BELIVE!!!!!!!

Come on the Pool!
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Re: 12 (14) games from glory
      Reply #18: Feb 03, 2007 03:34:19 pm
      Liverpool 0-0 Everton.

36 points available now.  Let's face it even 86 point won't be enough to win the title this year.

But the dream is still 'mathematically' alive.  You can see us beating United now and letting Chelsea back in to it can't you.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #19: Feb 03, 2007 03:52:24 pm
      Liverpool 0-0 Everton.

36 points available now.  Let's face it even 86 point won't be enough to win the title this year.

But the dream is still 'mathematically' alive.  You can see us beating United now and letting Chelsea back in to it can't you.

Thing is Jab who would you rather see us help win the title?? Thats what its boiling down too, I hate to say it but I would rather see the chavs win it again that the SCUM, my sublime hatred of them is deep rooted from when they beat us in the 77 Cup final and stopped us winning that treble that season I was like 9 years old at the time and something like that effects you for the rest of your life slightly off the point I know but there you have it.

I still dream though I still dream because nothing would give me greater pleasure than pipping those Manc bastads to the title.
      Pippen
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 692 posts | 46 
      Reply #20: Feb 04, 2007 06:16:09 pm
      I think the title is gone for Pool, now where they have 13 points to ManU again. That's just too much against a team that was good enough to gain such an advance to Liverpool. If I would be Benitez I would concentrate more on CL now. That doesn't mean they should give up the PL - they're still in a tough race for the next years CL-seeds. But they shouldn't waste all energy or do risky moves just to hang in a league they won't make this year. Be smart and don't fight a lost war...next year we'll have another chance and a better one.

I just hope that ManU sucks it. They are very close in the overall championshios to Liv'pool (right now 18-16 for Pool I think). So hopefully Chelsea will catch them.

Anyway, now I looking forward to this deal of Gilbert with Pool, so that next season Pool will get one or two of this extraordinary players that makes still the difference between ManU, Chelski and Pool.
      carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #21: Feb 04, 2007 07:20:49 pm
      Thing is Jab who would you rather see us help win the title?? Thats what its boiling down too, I hate to say it but I would rather see the chavs win it again that the SCUM, my sublime hatred of them is deep rooted from when they beat us in the 77 Cup final and stopped us winning that treble that season I was like 9 years old at the time and something like that effects you for the rest of your life slightly off the point I know but there you have it.

I still dream though I still dream because nothing would give me greater pleasure than pipping those Manc bastads to the title.

yes I agree hope manure will slip and if not the reds  for the same reason chelski catch them (oh how i hate that).....was getting married that day of 21st may 1977 ,,imagine me going to church one hour after I watched that FA final .....and to add to that my photographerwho was a friend of mine,, was a manure fan
      « Last Edit: Feb 04, 2007 07:24:45 pm by xabigerrard »

Quick Reply