Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 29th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P8 W3 D3 L2

Andrea Dossena (AC Milan, Juventus and Napoli)

Read 31750 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Andrea Dossena (AC Milan, Juventus and Napoli)
      Reply #207: Jul 31, 2009 08:08:39 pm
      Is he not gone yet :(
      steviejoe
      • Forum Igor Biscan

• 120 posts |
      Reply #208: Jul 31, 2009 09:37:33 pm
      Don't be so harsh on the lad he's the best full back in Italy  :f_tongueincheek:

how rafa forked out 8 million for him i dont know

he wouldnt get on the pitch on sunday league
      hardcoresoldier
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,160 posts | 1288 
      • The Liverpool Way is The Only Way
      Reply #209: Jul 31, 2009 09:42:38 pm
      I know he's sh*te but he'll always have a place in my heart for the goals against the Scum and Madrid  ;)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #210: Aug 01, 2009 10:30:33 am
      I know he's sh*te but he'll always have a place in my heart for the goals against the Scum and Madrid  ;)

Thing with Doss is he's sh*t (in the EPL) but its a very British thing to love an under dog and I really like the guy and sincerely wish him all the best, I really don't think Doss is a bad footballer to be honest, his game is just more suited to the slower pace of the Italian league and he looks out of his depth in the premier league.
      « Last Edit: Aug 01, 2009 02:11:20 pm by RedLFCBlood »
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #211: Aug 01, 2009 02:06:02 pm
      Slow player, as many Italian players do not cut it out in the EPL, Dossena is another one of them.

Experienced in the Serie A, more used to it and not used to the roughness of the EPL. It's much faster and more of those pushing and shoving kind of thing which Dossena cannot cope in.

He couldn't adapt to English football, doesn't know when to get forward or stay back and leaves his side exposed all the time. Can't defend well enough because he's just too slow.

I wish the lad all the best, but also the sooner the transfer is sorted the happier I am.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #212: Aug 01, 2009 02:26:31 pm
      Thing with Doss is he's sh*t (in the EPL) but its a very British thing to love an under dog and I really like the guy and sincerely wish him all the best, I really don't think Doss is a bad footballer to be honest, his game is just more suited to the slower pace of the Italian league and he looks out of his depth in the premier league.

Bernard-F***ing-Mendy made him look like a clown!
      redsonfire
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #213: Aug 01, 2009 02:29:12 pm
      Bernard-f**king-Mendy made him look like a clown!

I was thinking about that as well while writing my reply! Great minds think alike ;)

Well that was the worst memory I've had on Dossena. Mendy was all over him the whole game in that 2-2 draw. From that moment on I was convinced on Dossena not being able to make that leftback position his own.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,931 posts | 826 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #214: Aug 01, 2009 02:31:40 pm
      The sooner this deal is concluded the better as we can have more money added to our budget.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #215: Aug 01, 2009 06:43:42 pm
      Bernard-f**king-Mendy made him look like a clown!

In my defense I did say he was sh*te in the premier league and his game was better suited to Italy, I was not defending him , Just stating the British love an under dog and I'm no different, still think he should be move on tho
      Dmasta
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,895 posts | 553 
      Reply #216: Aug 02, 2009 04:48:59 pm
      Before anyone says anything I am aware we're not allowed to post from talkaloadofbull howerver this article has quotes from his agent and the original source is in Italian and google translate doesnt help at all. Incase it's still a problem here's the original article:

ESCLUSIVA - • PASTORELLO: TRATTATIVA TRAMONTATA PER DOSSENA A NAPOLI •

02/08/2009 13.14.20

Dalle parole dell’entourage del giocatore e da ulteriori fonti ci risulta che la trattativa tra il Napoli e Andrea Dossena sia definitivamente saltata. Il motivo di ciò va ricercato non solo in motivazioni economiche, ma anche in fattori tecnico-tattici. Marino sembrerebbe infatti orientato a ricercare per il ruolo di esterno sinistro un elemento dalle caratteristiche più difensive rispetto al giocatore del Liverpool. Inoltre, alla luce dell’esperimento fatto in ritiro, si fa sempre più concreta la tentazione di schierare sull’out mancino il neo-acquisto Zuniga, anche considerando l’oramai prossimo recupero di Maggio, con una soluzione che in verità ci convince poco, in quanto andrebbe a ripercorrere una strada di adattamenti forzati in quel ruolo, che negli ultimi anni si era già rivelata poco fruttuosa, con Savini prima e Mannini poi.

Con quello che oramai sembra il definitivo tramonto della trattativa Dossena, il mercato del Napoli si ritrova così a presentare un fondamentale vuoto, in un ruolo che sarebbe stato urgente ricoprire. L’acquisto del terzino della Nazionale sembrava proprio l’ideale per rifinire la rosa azzurra e ci sembra effettivamente incomprensibile il motivo per cui non si sia riuscito a chiudere una trattativa che pareva in dirittura di arrivo, soprattutto considerando la volontà del giocatore di approdare a Napoli.

Per saperne PianetAzzurro.it ha contattato in esclusiva uno dei manager di Dossena, Federico Pastorello.

Ci risulta che l’incontro che dovevate avere con Marino per definire il passaggio di Dossena in azzurro non ci sia stato. Alla luce di questo mancato incontro, possiamo definire la trattativa definitivamente tramontata?

“Con i dirigenti del Napoli non abbiamo contatti da più di dieci giorni, è logico che quando mancano contatti da così tanto tempo, la trattativa venga definita tramontata”.

Eppure sembrava che un’intesa tra il Napoli ed il giocatore in linea di massima ci fosse…

“Non avevamo approfondito più di tanto le contrattazioni, nel momento in cui c’è un’intesa precisa c’è anche la firma del contratto. Diciamo che credevamo che Dossena per il Napoli fosse una priorità, ma evidentemente c’è stato un cambio di direzione da parte del club, nel senso che stanno valutando delle altre opzioni”.

Quindi possiamo dire che la trattativa è saltata?

“Ripeto, nel momento in cui si vuole un giocatore si fanno determinati passaggi che non sono stati fatti, penso a causa di una questione tecnico-tattica, evidentemente hanno un altro obiettivo o hanno deciso di rinunciare all’acquisto di un esterno sinistro”.

A noi risulta che il giocatore sarebbe stato disponibile anche a sacrifici economici per arrivare a Napoli.

“Non voglio entrare nel merito della questione economica, però, ripeto, non credo siano motivi economici ad aver frenato la trattativa”.

Crede che nei prossimi giorni ci possa essere una chiamata da parte del Napoli?

“Dubito che dopo dieci giorni di silenzio si possano far vivi domani, ma se dovesse succedere ci troveranno disponibili ad ascoltare le loro proposte”.

Ci conferma che per il giocatore c’è stato anche un sondaggio del Milan?

“Non mi risulta, anche perché avevamo parlato con i dirigenti dei rossoneri qualche tempo fa, ma non avevano dimostrato alcun tipo di interesse per il giocatore”.

http://www.pianetazzurro.it/Calciomercato/notizia.asp?idarticolo=12021&titolo=PASTORELLO:%20TRATTATIVA%20TRAMONTATA%20PER%20DOSSENA%20A%20NAPOLI

And the talkaloadofbull article:

Napoli Opportunity Has Passed For Liverpool Defender Dossena - Agent

The 27-year-old may not be joining the Partenopei after all...

Liverpool defender Andrea Dossena has repeatedlyly (::)) voiced his desire to return to Italy and this summer Napoli had shown a keen interest in the player, but, according to the player's agent Federico Pastorello, the deal is dead in the water.

"With the directors of Napoli I have not had contact for ten days, it is logicial to think that when we have not spoken for so long, the negotiations is defined as over," he told PianetoAzzurro.it.

"When you want a player, certain steps have to be taken that have not been made here. Obviously, they have a different objective or have decided to forgo the purchase of an outside left [defender]."

"We had spoken to the Rossoneri a long time ago, but they have not shown any interest in the player," he revealed in conclusion.

Last week, the Italian international had claimed he was "waiting for a better contract offer" from the southern Italian outfit, but it appears they have given up on signing the ex-Udinese player.

http://talkaloadofbull.com/en/news/10/italy/2009/08/02/1417878/napoli-opportunity-has-passed-for-liverpool-defender-dossena
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,931 posts | 826 
      Reply #217: Aug 02, 2009 04:53:14 pm
      Noo what is wrong with him why is he being such a money grabbing pr**k. Either go Italy or play in the reserves your choice !
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #218: Aug 02, 2009 05:08:21 pm
      It's ok he can Johnsons boot boy and expensive luxury I know, but ffs make him earn his wages ;D
      StevieIsStillGod
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 288 posts | 10 
      Reply #219: Aug 02, 2009 05:58:30 pm
      For the record, I'll defend Doss any day, especially because he's still a Red. He may not be up to Aurelio's form but he can deliver a solid cross and has a good left boot. One game against Hull proves nothing, every good footballer has piss poor matches, see Carra.

He's one of the top rated defenders in Europe, and Rafa signed him for seven f**king mil. To me that's worth something, maybe he should be given more than 1 year to adapt to the toughest league in football. If anything we need that depth on the left this year with Aurelio injured.

How many people were saying Lucas was sh*t a year ago?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,931 posts | 826 
      Reply #220: Aug 02, 2009 06:01:44 pm
      Insua is a much better player and look how many years younger he is if he does stay this season Dossena i will support him as a red but until the speculation is over i would prefer it that he leaves.
      StevieIsStillGod
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 288 posts | 10 
      Reply #221: Aug 02, 2009 06:06:44 pm
      Insua is a much better player and look how many years younger he is if he does stay this season Dossena I will support him as a red but until the speculation is over I would prefer it that he leaves.

Insua is better, but what depth do we have behind him for the start of the campaign? None, if we sell Doss.

And there isn't a 22 year old left back in the world that I would rate higher than Insua. I just don't think it's smart force Insua to shoulder the load at left back, alone, possibly until Christmas.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #222: Aug 02, 2009 06:18:25 pm
      How much does he expect? ::)
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,931 posts | 826 
      Reply #223: Aug 02, 2009 06:22:04 pm
      Very true we do need strength in depth I have said that before and also like Alonso if we force him to stay they will have to due to world cup season. Maybe keeping Dossena is the best option hmm.   :-\
      Coutinho_10
      • Forum Ron Yeats

• 461 posts |
      • Don't take yourself too seriously...
      Reply #224: Aug 03, 2009 10:33:49 am
      The sooner this deal is concluded the better as we can have more money added to our budget.
      and finally start trying to get a class player...
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #225: Aug 03, 2009 12:09:00 pm
      Very true we do need strength in depth I have said that before and also like Alonso if we force him to stay they will have to due to world cup season. Maybe keeping Dossena is the best option hmm.   :-\
      Noo what is wrong with him why is he being such a money grabbing pr**k. Either go Italy or play in the reserves your choice !
      Insua is a much better player and look how many years younger he is if he does stay this season Dossena i will support him as a red but until the speculation is over i would prefer it that he leaves.

Which one do you believe in?
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,931 posts | 826 
      Reply #226: Aug 03, 2009 03:09:31 pm
      Crouchinho i want Dossena to go but we don't have backup in left back position i am not sure any more  :mad:

Why you picking on me   :f_wah:.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #227: Aug 03, 2009 03:10:42 pm
      Crouchinho i want Dossena to go but we don't have backup in left back position i am not sure any more  :mad:

Back up?

Aurelio, Insua and Johnson can all play there.

Sell.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,931 posts | 826 
      Reply #228: Aug 03, 2009 03:12:12 pm
      Back up?

Aurelio, Insua and Johnson can all play there.

Sell.

Aurelio will be injured so its only Insua and Johnson and if Johnson goes to cover LB that means someone like Degen playing RB no thank you.
      Red Barrovian
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,356 posts | 77 
      Reply #229: Aug 03, 2009 03:13:37 pm
      I'm sure Riera used to play there for Espanyol, so he could be used as a possible last resort in that position.

Quick Reply