Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

West Brom v Liverpool - Pre Match Thread

Read 9399 times
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Re: West Brom v Liverpool - Pre Match Thread
      Reply #23: May 15, 2009 02:35:34 am
      I'm with the rest of you.

86 points would be our best ever tally in the Premier League era, and one of the top tallies for us, ever.

Nothing to be ashamed of, even if we are out of it by then.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #24: May 15, 2009 03:16:07 am
      I share the same sentiments as everyone.

We need to be focused and end the season on a high, we've done ourselves proud. All we need to do is to represent, and reward all those players who have battled and fought for the Liverpudlian cause by being faithful and patient. I hope Torres can score an hat-trick, Gerrard bagging a couple. Babel scoring again to top it off...The young lads getting a real run; Ngog a player I like maybe getting within the goals! Professional and fulfilling.

Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #25: May 15, 2009 04:28:34 am
      86 points would be a great achievement. In another season, 86 points can win you the league.

I actually want Stevie or Nando to finish as top scorers this year :P
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #26: May 15, 2009 08:54:26 am
      Agree with most of you,we need to field our best squad and secure second position.Isnt the prize money for coming second like 16mil or so?That could be spent on a quality player
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #27: May 15, 2009 09:36:37 am
       I might be an optimist but Manure have not won the league yet,even as far back as 1947 we won the 1st division on the last day of the season.It is not time to throw the towel in yet so lets go for 3 points against West Brom.and keep the pressure on.West Brom cannot sit back and defend so I will go for 4-0 to the REDS.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #28: May 15, 2009 09:37:59 am
      I might be an optimist but Manure have not won the league yet,even as far back as 1947 we won the 1st division on the last day of the season.It is not time to throw the towel in yet so lets go for 3 points against West Brom.and keep the pressure on.West Brom cannot sit back and defend so I will go for 4-0 to the REDS.

Yeah fair enough but it could be over if United win on Saturday, we play on Sunday.

Anyway, hopefully they will lose to Arsenal and then we can really put on the pressure by winning against West Brom.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #29: May 15, 2009 09:43:27 am
      Yeah fair enough but it could be over if United win on Saturday, we play on Sunday.

Anyway, hopefully they will lose to Arsenal and then we can really put on the pressure by winning against West Brom.
      Got to have faith,Arsenal are due a win against Manure.
      Shandaman
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 611 posts |
      Reply #30: May 15, 2009 10:12:56 am
      Even if Manure get a point they have won it,but i will have faith anyway.
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #31: May 15, 2009 10:36:49 am
      Whatever happens I want the Reds to put in a huge performance.
      ondr@
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      Reply #32: May 15, 2009 11:37:09 am
      If Man. Utd win, we´ll play with players as Babel, Lucas, Insua or Darby. I think, we need 3 points for 2nd place and i hope that these players can play good.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #33: May 15, 2009 11:45:47 am
      Theres not much i can add that hasn't already been said, the only thing i want to repeat is lets not let this slip and finish 3rd, full strength team out please Rafa and go for the best finish possible. Im still proud of the effort the boys have put in, but we all know how little more it would have taken to be Champions, But we can take great heart from this season.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,882 posts | 6816 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #34: May 15, 2009 12:03:38 pm
      I'm with everyone else on this, 86 points would be a fantastic achievement for us. If the Manc cu*ts do win the Title, I don't want to let those Chav bas**rds in with a chance of stealing 2nd from us.

We've done so well on our away travels this season, let's give the travelling Kopites a final away reason to be joyous and in full voice.

Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #35: May 15, 2009 01:10:50 pm
      I don't think Rafa will allow the team to relax irrespective of the Scum's result on Saturday.  We need to keep winning to carry forward the right mentality into the next season.

Mind you wouldn't it be great if the Arse did put one over on United.  If they do I would expect West Brom to be put to the sword and make the last day of the season something special.  Let's hope a p*ssed of Arsenal decide to prove something but don't count on it.

On a lighter note I will miss the Baggies from the premiership.  I like their fans and at least they do try and play football.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #36: May 15, 2009 01:44:40 pm
      If  we don't finish in the top spot then we have to make sure we finish second. The Chavs must not sneak into second spot.......
      zzlamezz123
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 183 posts |
      Reply #37: May 15, 2009 05:10:41 pm
      I can see us wining this convincingly. If Man Utd wins the title, i wont be surprised to see a couple of youngsters playing or maybe youngsters coming on as subs.
      StevieGfan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #38: May 15, 2009 07:02:12 pm
      Yea agree that we can win this one convincingly aswell, and also like most of you have said, that it is important we keep on pushing forward and finish on a high!
      goldton
      • Forum Phil Thompson

• 490 posts | -10 
      • This is our year FOR SURE....
      Reply #39: May 15, 2009 07:09:19 pm
      I remember when we won O:5.Now I am targeting O:6 ;)
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #40: May 15, 2009 07:22:12 pm
      Not that many posts in this thread so far... I wonder if people's thoughts aren't more focussed on the Man Utd-Arsenal match.

Understandable, though if Arsenal do the business tomorrow then I predict the explosion of this thread under an onslaught of excited Reds! :D
      StevieGfan
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 583 posts |
      • LFC - YNWA
      Reply #41: May 15, 2009 07:24:49 pm
      I second that prediction :P
      Ross
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,916 posts | 165 
      Reply #42: May 15, 2009 07:55:20 pm
      Not that many posts in this thread so far... I wonder if people's thoughts aren't more focussed on the Man Utd-Arsenal match.

Understandable, though if Arsenal do the business tomorrow then I predict the explosion of this thread under an onslaught of excited Reds! :D

Very true, I think people are definately more concerned over tommorow's result before this one.
      red trooper
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,854 posts | 69 
      • and don't be afraid of the dark
      Reply #43: May 15, 2009 08:08:32 pm
      Just win !!! we're gonna score early and then twice more .....then after half time ...bring on the subs and let's see what they can do ,no point in our star players picking up silly injuries against a team with their backs to the wall ,...hope the mancs cock - up from now on  :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #44: May 15, 2009 09:00:24 pm
      Arsenal have had a failure season and Wenger are under pressure when they play at home.... but this is a game where nearly everyone expect United to seal it tomorrow..... this means no pressure on the Gunners at all.... but Arsenal themselve need to prove a point that they are still a threat for the future....

Ashavin back.... I can see them giving they all to spoil the party...... Would be great if there is a another twist to this epic race.....
      Lfcred92
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 972 posts |
      Reply #45: May 15, 2009 09:12:01 pm
      i seem to remember a while back in a thread predicting arsenal would win and hull would win to secure survival :P

i think we will hit 4 or 5 if we still have a chance or 2 or 3 if its all over

Quick Reply