Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 24th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W9 D1 L4

Something new?

Read 1699 times
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Something new?
      Nov 02, 2012 02:24:12 pm
      Few days ago my friend sent me this article, about 39 ways on how to live a better life and after rolling my eyes and telling her it's probably same old stupid sh*t, that we usually read in most female magazines, I still read it  :roll: and yeah it was the same old stupid sh*t, but there was this one thing that stuck in my head. It was an advice that we should try something new every day, some small things that will make our every day routine, different.

Probably the main reason why this was the thing that got me thinking is cause I'm the queen of routine and habits. Once I've liked something, that's it, no more searching for something new, maybe better or different (funny how this doesn't apply in the dating area of my life ;D). For example, if you see me drinking and if it's not a bottle of beer I have in my hand, than it's definitely gin, I only eat this one brand of dark chocolate with hazelnuts for years now, been listening to the same radio station for over 10 years every single day, been using the same perfume probably for a year now, every morning I have to have at least a bite of whatever before I leave the house no matter where I'm going, I only go out in a few places in the city and I think you get the picture.

So, I decided that I'm gonna follow some stupid advice that I read in a stupid article and try to do, have, read, listen, see, enjoy something new and different, from the things I'm too comfortable with on a daily basis. My friends always say to me that I'm too reserved for new things and people so hopefully little by little I can change that.

The reason why I decided to share this with you my fellow Reds, is cause I'm gonna need something to push me, so that this determination of mine for trying new stuff, doesn't last for a week and I don't go back to my boring same old, and I think that the best way to do it is if you would be so kind to share ideas about new things you wanna do/try, or experiences about things you've done for the first time.

The first new thing I did was cut my hair short. I had long hair for the past 20 years, last time it was this short was when I had 5 or 6 years. Not a big deal but it is a change. Also today I've been listening to a new radio station :D Planing some things for the weekend and we'll see how they turn out.

So, how about something new people?
      MsGerrard
      Re: Something new?
      Reply #1: Nov 02, 2012 02:38:10 pm
      Kate, I salute you  ;D

We're all creatures of habit especially as you get older, you get scared to try new things and tend to stick with the things your familiar with.

They say a change is as good as a rest though, so good on you for going for something different.

I think having a different haircut is a big thing for a women, cos you get used to having it a certain way, perhaps that's what I should do next, good luck with your changes hun and keep us informed of your next big thing  8)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #2: Nov 02, 2012 02:46:25 pm
      I'll try to get back and post properly at some point but what stood out for me when reading this was how unlike me you are.

Probably the main reason why this was the thing that got me thinking is cause I'm the queen of routine and habits. Once I've liked something, that's it, no more searching for something new, maybe better or different (funny how this doesn't apply in the dating area of my life ). For example, if you see me drinking and if it's not a bottle of beer I have in my hand, than it's definitely gin, I only eat this one brand of dark chocolate with hazelnuts for years now, been listening to the same radio station for over 10 years every single day, been using the same perfume probably for a year now, every morning I have to have at least a bite of whatever before I leave the house no matter where I'm going, I only go out in a few places in the city and I think you get the picture.

I do go to the same places regularly due to convenience and the fact that I don't always have the means to go further afield but with almost everything else, I get bored very easily and always want to do something different.
      My house mate would be happy to buy his food from Chilli Jack's takeaway, his clothes from Superdry and everything else from Amazon. Like you (previously), he is happy to buy and do the same things over and over again, I can't do that.

I'm glad you've decided to make these changes and it can only be a good thing.

If ever you decided to try English men...    8)     :P
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #3: Nov 02, 2012 04:07:03 pm
      * I meant unalike  :roll:
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #4: Nov 02, 2012 06:33:12 pm
       Good on you Kate for having the courage of your convictions,stick with it girl. xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      Reply #5: Nov 03, 2012 09:45:21 am
      Kate, I salute you  ;D

We're all creatures of habit especially as you get older, you get scared to try new things and tend to stick with the things your familiar with.

They say a change is as good as a rest though, so good on you for going for something different.

I think having a different haircut is a big thing for a women, cos you get used to having it a certain way, perhaps that's what I should do next, good luck with your changes hun and keep us informed of your next big thing  8)
      Cheers Cas, and I would encourage you to have that new haircut, it's refreshing and if you don't like it, the hair will grow back ;)

I'll try to get back and post properly at some point but what stood out for me when reading this was how unlike me you are.

I do go to the same places regularly due to convenience and the fact that I don't always have the means to go further afield but with almost everything else, I get bored very easily and always want to do something different.
      My house mate would be happy to buy his food from Chilli Jack's takeaway, his clothes from Superdry and everything else from Amazon. Like you (previously), he is happy to buy and do the same things over and over again, I can't do that.

I'm glad you've decided to make these changes and it can only be a good thing.

Well I'm fascinated and scared of people like you Rep ;D The moment of getting bored too easily... I have a friend that when she wants something, she wants it bad and right now, but as soon as she gets it, most of the time, that's it, or her enthusiasm will last for a week, than she's already set her eyes on something new. The guy I was last seeing was always up for something new, something different, couldn't sit still for a second, all the time lets go there, lets try this, lets see that and at times it was great for me, cause he'd encourage me to new stuff, but at times it was so tiring that I would be like just hold on a minute, take a breath and slow down. And if I ever decided to try English men, I think I'd be in danger of making them a habit  ;D

Good on you Kate for having the courage of your convictions,stick with it girl. xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Cheers Billy dear, I hope you're having a great time with you daughter, enjoy  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:

So last night I was dead tired and had to get up early this morning, but when my friend called me to tell me that this new band is playing in one of the places we usually go, I said lets go and I didn't drink beer or gin, I had some rum with slices of orange, was good and the band was great :)
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #6: Nov 03, 2012 03:41:39 pm
      Nice one Kate, go for it girl!
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,453 posts | 8662 
      Reply #7: Nov 04, 2012 02:03:51 am

And then you may want to try a scouser..... ;)

Good luck with everything Kate, change can sometimes be a scary thing, as Cas said we become creatures of habit, but can also be good allowing for new experiences. They're are definitely other things in life I'd love to experience and try, but there are also somethings that I will never be able to change.
      Firepool
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,274 posts | 224 
      • @Jenns_Design
      Reply #8: Nov 05, 2012 01:54:23 am
      That is great Kate.

I like to try new things, hence why I decided to complete a 10 week study abroad in London, England. I also hope to go back to London to get my Masters Degree in Graphic Design. The best thing about my profession is the average time to work at a business is two years and then move to another business. Also, it is always doing something different for a company. I enjoy changing things up and getting a fresh perspective once in awhile.

I started going to a zumba class twice a week last week.
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,186 posts | 528 
      Reply #9: Nov 05, 2012 12:04:40 pm
      Cheers Gareth mate :)

And then you may want to try a scouser..... ;)

Good luck with everything Kate, change can sometimes be a scary thing, as Cas said we become creatures of habit, but can also be good allowing for new experiences. They're are definitely other things in life I'd love to experience and try, but there are also somethings that I will never be able to change.

Cheers HR and wise words there Mr. Scouser ;)

That is great Kate.

I like to try new things, hence why I decided to complete a 10 week study abroad in London, England. I also hope to go back to London to get my Masters Degree in Graphic Design. The best thing about my profession is the average time to work at a business is two years and then move to another business. Also, it is always doing something different for a company. I enjoy changing things up and getting a fresh perspective once in awhile.

I started going to a zumba class twice a week last week.
      Good for you Firepool, hope you have a great time in London. That's one of the things I would like to do, see London, maybe even live there for a while, but that's on my wish list, unfortunately not on my new stuff list. As for the zumba, well that's an idea, I never went for any dancing lessons so might give it a try. Good luck with everything Firepool.

Quick Reply