Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 15th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P13 W6 D5 L2

United clinch title

Read 17076 times
      LFCMau
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,747 posts | 11 
      • 100% LFC, without doubt!
      Re: United clinch title
      Reply #92: May 17, 2009 07:24:19 pm
      Fair enough..
      MsGerrard
      Reply #93: May 17, 2009 07:31:54 pm
      Excuse me but United have won 11 league titles since Liverpool last won one, you are of course entitled to your opinion but I just have a different one...

Tut Tut.....and your still not ahead of us, just goes to show how many you were behind doesn't it.
      King Cantona
      • Likes to finish every post with multiple full stops.
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #94: May 17, 2009 07:54:30 pm
      it proves that liverpool are on the way up!?

Well yes, agreed. Liverpool are indeed on the way up, this season is closer than I can remember...

By the way, yes I do remember when we finished third with Liverpool second...
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #95: May 17, 2009 08:00:16 pm
      Tut Tut.....and your still not ahead of us, just goes to show how many you were behind doesn't it.

You're bragging about that?......

Come on MsGerrard, now the fact that we were 11 behind you until 1993 and we're now level isn't cause for you to brag is it?.... ;).....

That's cause for any United fan to brag...
      MsGerrard
      Reply #96: May 17, 2009 08:06:06 pm
      Not bragging at all.....just thinking that it's took you so bloody long to catch us up  ::)

Make the most of it though..........your empire has just started to crumble.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 31,451 posts | 2844 
      Reply #97: May 17, 2009 08:07:14 pm
      That's cause for any United fan to brag...

What? Joining us on our perch is cause for you to brag?

Sums you up really.

Stop acting like you've knocked us off our perch because you haven't.

Liverpool Football Club. Still the most decorated club in England.

Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #98: May 17, 2009 08:08:56 pm
      I say f**k the mancs and worry about ourselves. As for you kc, why don't you go and play with the little fishies?

I don't care about what the mancs win. Unlike most man united fans who are seemingly obsessed with Liverpool Football Club. I care about what we win, and singing for our team - not singing against everyone else's.

man united are hated by as many as they are loved by. That's a fact.
      King Cantona
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 303 posts | -29 
      Reply #99: May 17, 2009 08:34:30 pm
      Not bragging at all.....just thinking that it's took you so bloody long to catch us up  ::)

Make the most of it though..........your empire has just started to crumble.

Yeah, I know it took us a while but we're level with you now, by the way scousers have been saying our empire's crumbling for years...

But at this precise moment in time we are Champions of England, Champions of Europe and Champions of the World....

I can't see any cracks in our empire just yet.....
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #100: May 17, 2009 08:39:16 pm
      Yeah, I know it took us a while but we're level with you now, by the way scousers have been saying our empire's crumbling for years...

But at this precise moment in time we are Champions of England, Champions of Europe and Champions of the World....

Champions of LUCK™.

Get over yourself, your pathetic team is ridiculous. I really don't understand why you're even on here anyway - do you get frills winding up your biggest rivals? Is that why United only ever chant about Liverpool, because they can't be bothered supporting their own greasy, snotty team?

Your team is ridiculous, 90% of your fans are ridiculous, and you are ridiculous.

Your empire is crumbling, Fergie is clearly going senile, he's completely losing the plot. Next season you'll be lucky to be in contention for anything - and that will be the last time in years that you'll get your hands on that Premiership trophy. Believe me on that.
      Eem
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #101: May 17, 2009 08:41:54 pm

Get your eyes checked, then...
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #102: May 17, 2009 08:43:12 pm
      man united fans can't see the cracks in their arses. There's no point arguing with them. Cloud cuckoo land doesn't involve reason. Level with us on titles yes. Two European Cups short though.

And you'll never be level with us in class.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #103: May 17, 2009 08:48:24 pm
      KC.....Why aren't you on your own forum celebrating your Premiership win?

Why have you chosen to spend so much of your time on here?

I know if Liverpool had of won the title, the last place I'd want to be would be a manc forum, couldn't think of anything worse :sadlook:
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,673 posts | 6966 
      Reply #104: May 17, 2009 09:01:01 pm
      I've already said Congratulations to Man United.  It is a fine achievement to win the league and three times in the row as well.

However I don't believe they were the best team in the league, just the most consistent.  Experience of being top and winning the league counts for a lot and helped see United over the line especially when the reds struggled with the pressure of being top at the start of the year.

United fans may say we are being bitter, but I remember their reaction to us winning the Champions League so they don't really have a leg to stand on there. 
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #105: May 17, 2009 09:03:35 pm
      United fans may say we are being bitter, but I remember their reaction to us winning the Champions League so they don't really have a leg to stand on there. 

I remember quite a few of them saying "it's not a real victory if you win on penalties". ::)
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2856 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #106: May 17, 2009 09:09:54 pm
      If they weren't such a bunch of w**nkers from the manager dow Id say well done on there achievment, but they are so I wont

And to save the utd lad on here asking why are they w**ankers look no further then Neviille Rooney Berbatov. Your manager was knighted but he has the dignity of my arse after a hot curry and Guinness. And then theres the anti scouse brigade in the stands who crack one off to Rooney whos from...eh Liverpool.

A finer bunch of prized knob jockeys you will not find
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #107: May 17, 2009 09:14:03 pm
      You might do if you stand on the roof of Anfield and look across that there park.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,327 posts | 2856 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #108: May 17, 2009 09:17:06 pm
      You might do if you stand on the roof of Anfield and look across that there park.

To be honest Gow I think the Evertonians pale in comparison to this lot. Just my humble opinion
      BlueDuffleCoat
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts | -4 
      Reply #109: May 18, 2009 12:07:46 am
      man united fans can't see the cracks in their arses. There's no point arguing with them. Cloud cuckoo land doesn't involve reason. Level with us on titles yes. Two European Cups short though.

And you'll never be level with us in class.

What cracks? This a team that is still in contention to win the Champions League. Two CL finals in a row and three back to back Premiership successes doesn't seem like a team cracking to me. The difference is that Liverpool are finally starting to challenge United and its about time Liverpool climbed back on the bandwagon. Bring on next season, but some of the comments on here make me wonder if this is a Liverpool message board or an Everton one in disguise.
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #110: May 18, 2009 12:20:46 am
      Says you, bluedufflecoat
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,375 posts | 8621 
      Reply #111: May 18, 2009 12:26:29 am
      What cracks? This a team that is still in contention to win the Champions League. Two CL finals in a row and three back to back Premiership successes doesn't seem like a team cracking to me. The difference is that Liverpool are finally starting to challenge United and its about time Liverpool climbed back on the bandwagon. Bring on next season, but some of the comments on here make me wonder if this is a Liverpool message board or an Everton one in disguise.

BARCA!! BARCA!!

Duffle coats are sh*t as well!
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #112: May 18, 2009 12:27:05 am
      some of the comments on here make me wonder if this is a Liverpool message board or an Everton one in disguise.

I'm absolutely gutted about that.

Yawn.
      YANK_LFC_FAN
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,507 posts | 426 
      • Timid men prefer the calm of despotism!
      Reply #113: May 18, 2009 12:57:05 am

Firstly, I am no expert on English or European Football. It was only in the last 10-15 years I have become a "rabid" fan of the game and Liverpool and congrats' for winning the Premier League.

But, and I may be wrong, Man.U are not "Champions of English or European Football".  Am I correct in assuming that the "Champion" of English Football is the team which wins the FA CUP? Assuming that all English Club Teams, are entered into the tournament then the winner is the "CHAMPION" of England. Since Everton and Chelsea are in the final then Man. U are not the "Champions".

Secondly, The accepted form of determining "European Champion" is the UEFA Champions League and since the final has not been played your not the "Champion" of Europe. You were champions for 07'/08' but the second the first whistle blew, in the prelim' rounds for 08/09' your championship reign was over.

Finally, How are you Champions of the World?. Please tell me your not referring to that FIFA Cup in Japan w/ the exception of any of the top European Clubs the competition is equal to the First division in England. The Majority of those clubs and the leagues they play in are way below the talent level of the English Teams. Winning that title is not really a true measure of "World Champion"

Plus, why are you reading and posting on a Liverpool Forum?  Honestly its kind of lame. Not only do you have an account on here but you have over 250 posts. Why?  If your a Man. U fan why do you spend so much time here? Its pretty funny because I dont think you realize how lame and moronic it is for you to post on here. Christ, go post on Man U. sites and forums.
      « Last Edit: May 18, 2009 04:01:52 am by YANK_LFC_FAN »
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #114: May 18, 2009 01:23:24 am

Put your fu*king glasses on then coz i can see a big crack and its gonna get bigger. Dont forget we have been in the position youre at now for over 25 years and can speak with knowledge and experience. I dont care what you think , liverpool  are back at the races for a long time and you know it.

Quick Reply