Trending Topics

Next match: Villa v LFC [Premier League] Mon 13th May @ 8:00 pm
      Villa Park

Today is the 12th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P10 W5 D2 L3

Alternative Football Writers Awards 2009

Read 1335 times
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Alternative Football Writers Awards 2009
      May 18, 2009 12:13:59 pm
      Whilst getting particularly bored in work this morning I was thinking that now we are coming to the last game of the season (what over so soon?) I thought a few alternative awards would be in order as so many football people have done their utmost to entertain and wind you up during the far too short season, so here’s to the unsung heroes.

1.The Robbie Fowler(in retrospect was that a good idea) goal celebration award.

Tim Cahill of Everton for his marvellous cross armed handcuff salute, not in celebration of his S&M activities with Gollum but in fact to show his support for his jailed brother who mistakenly beat the crap out of an innocent man.

2. The Lazarus award for Quickest recovery despite career threatening injury.

Didier Drogba Vs Barca, left the field with his leg hanging on by a thread with the Physio not expecting him to last the night, but after a quick sit down and the application of some natty jelly flip flops was able to run onto the pitch shouting “did you see that?, its an F**king disgrace!” well yes we did Dogbreath and yes it was.

3. The I have gone down more than Linda Lovelace award.

Although Pederson did his best to win this one with his triple pike with girly scream attempt during the game with Arsenal despite not having been touched I am pleased to announce Didier Drogba wins another one. He is so far ahead of the competition on a week to week basis as despite his 6ft 2” 163lb frame he easily manages to con referees by throwing himself to the floor without so much as a fart by the opposition, well done Drogba because anyone who has such a dodgy barnet should do all he can to avoid it being seen so it takes great bravery to constantly end up re enacting full metal jacket and so exposing your bonce to the watching world.

4. (and on that note) The Bobby Charlton “face facts you’re a slaphead” award.

Don’t worry its not Drogba with three in a row or Wayne “lock up your grans” Rooney even though both are rapidly becoming more follicly challenged by the day. The award goes to Alan Shearer and all those who follow suit with the oasis in a desert of baldness style, with hair departing faster than a Surrey Manc at Liverpool game why oh why do these people think all is well if they leave a little rug on the front of their head where once was flowing locks? Bite the bullet and shave it off for gods sake you aint kidding anyone and washing your hair would be a whole lot quicker!

5. The Playground Bully Award 2009

Goes to…….Sir Alex “Famous Grouse” Ferguson coupled with (or so I have heard!) Spam “I could of managed England” Allardyce, the antics these two got up to after Rafa’s disgraceful behaviour at the Blackburn game are beyond criticism, I mean on one hand we have the knight of the distillery Slur Alex, a man who has never said a bad word about anyone well anyone who ever posed a threat anyway and Spam a managerial legend in his own shed, a manager so engrossed in watching his team get twonked at Anfield that it needed the red nosed one to point out the total lack of respect that was being shown to him six foot away to his right hand side!!

6. And finally (for now) The Roy Keane “ Oh crap I miss the cup final” award.

We have a couple of nominations here for this closely contested award, firstly Darren Fletcher who has done really well by bungling his way out of a European cup (sorry champions league) final and despite beetroot nose doing his best to rescind the ban UEFA have seen sense and done what’s right for football, they have ignored demento and the ban stands.
      My winner for going all out to miss a cup final has to be Phil “your fine its only a twinge” Jagielka, this lad has shown outstanding courage going as far to do himself harm rather than appear in a once in a lifetime Cup final, and no matter how much the physio tried to console him with “theres always next year” this just seemed to make matters worse, funny that! ;D

These are just a few that have sprung straight to mind and I haven’t even covered the best haircut or most looking like a Bangkok lady boy yet!.... now I wonder who would win those?  ::)
      « Last Edit: May 18, 2009 01:07:54 pm by Glenbuck »
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Re: Alternative Football Writers Awards 2009
      Reply #1: May 18, 2009 12:27:14 pm
      I must commend you on this Glenbuck, thought it was very humorous indeed! :D :D As for me, i'm not as imaginative to think of another award.
      Glenbuck
      • Forum Legend - Benitez
      • Started Topic

• 1,893 posts | 205 
      Reply #2: May 18, 2009 12:46:04 pm
      I must commend you on this Glenbuck, thought it was very humorous indeed! :D :D As for me, I'm not as imaginative to think of another award.

The awards write themselves Crouchie mate!

Im sure there would be a couple of awards you love to bestow on Ronaldo or Lampard. ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,828 posts | 6776 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #3: May 18, 2009 12:56:13 pm
      Glenbuck, that is some of the funniest stuff I've read this season mate. A + for you fella.

I think you've picked all the correct winners of the individual awards.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #4: May 18, 2009 08:23:15 pm
      Quality as usual Glenbuck, you always cheer me up  :D :D
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #5: May 18, 2009 08:30:14 pm
      Top marks Glenbuck.  Hilarious!!!
      Gow
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,531 posts | 282 
      Reply #6: May 18, 2009 09:23:41 pm
      This year, the Jamie Carragher Award for Phoning Up a Radio Station and Making a c**t of the DJ category has only one candidate. Frank 'Lock up your Ginsters' Lampard - who managed to forge support from all sides for having the bollox to take on the media in a media-run society. No doubt he'll be on the front of almost every sunday newspaper for the next two years, living down scandal after scandal, and have his Lard sponsorship deal taken away.

Quick Reply