Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 3rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Newcastle United

Read 27490 times
      BlueDuffleCoat
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts | -4 
      Re: Newcastle United
      Reply #23: May 26, 2009 09:40:57 am
      You cant call yourself a BIG club and yet havent won anything for decades. They brought in Wise and let Keegan go they deserve to go down for that poor judgement alone. Leeds are a bigger and more succesful club than Newcastle and look ,where are they now.

They are a big club, look at the size of their stadiun, the city of location and their fanbase. Newcastle are an under-achieving big club, nothing more and nothing less. I'd even consider Notts Forest as a big club, Two Europen cups more than Arsenal and Chelsea.
      BlueDuffleCoat
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts | -4 
      Reply #24: May 26, 2009 09:47:47 am
      Newcastle's problems are a distinct lack of stability and continuity within their squad. Two chairman in the space of several years, hordes of managers who aren't given enough time to turn things around and are then prematurely dismissed. I believe Newcastle had a good enough squad to remain in the Premiership, the fact the three or four managers they had this season were unable to get the most out of these players.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #25: May 26, 2009 10:06:27 am
      Biggest mistake they made was bringing it that shitehawk Dennis Wise and that other bell end Tony Jimenez.

Keegan would've kept them in the Prem without a doubt, they had the players to do it after all it was just that fat pr**k Ashley screwing it up monumentally by listening to those two tossers instead of giving control to the manager.

Joe Kinnear seemed to have sorted their defence out and got them playing with some sort of solidity but then him falling ill was a blow no doubt.

Ah well, no sleep will be lost by me over it all and it's good to see Wolves back in the top flight.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #26: May 26, 2009 10:34:23 am
       Can someone tell me why Micky Owen left us,oh that's right he wanted to with things with Real Madrid and Newcastle. No doubt Newcastle will get the strength of Owens Loyalty now that they are relegated.I also wonder how Big Fat Sam feels and does accept any responsibility for Newcastles demise.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 39,658 posts | 6951 
      Reply #27: May 26, 2009 10:47:04 am
      Well, if Newcastle are desperately trying to keep hold of Shearer then they are just compounding their mistakes.

He was never going to be the man to keep them up.  And he certainly isn't the manager to get them out of the Championship.  They're off their rocker.  Time to get someone new in, someone who takes no sh*t off the board, and somebody who knows how to manage a football club.
      BigRed1978
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,874 posts | 51 
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #28: May 26, 2009 10:59:56 am
      Thats FAR too sensible an option for them!!! ;D
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #29: May 26, 2009 11:10:00 am
      I'll miss the loss of an easy six points and a healthy goal difference but other than that it's hard for me to pretend I care about them or their demise. Owen will go to Celtic, Oba Martins to Portsmouth and Viduka is picking me up in a taxi in 10 mins.....bye.  ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,785 posts | 6743 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #30: May 26, 2009 11:47:32 am
      I feel the same way Sunderland fans feel at the moment.  ;D

F**k Newcastle...like the crowd sang out to Shearer during the game at Anfield. "You should have stayed on Telly"  :lmao:
      macca8
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #31: May 26, 2009 11:51:29 am
      Maybe Santiago  Nunez can bring them back up.

He took them to Europe on the big screen, so promotion should be a walk in the park.

What about Gavin Harris? He also can guide Newcastle back to glory! Santiago Nunez...funny as hell ;D! I don't know maybe my eyes but his footings was a bit weird!
      I think the main culprit behind Newcastle relegation was the Shame Allardyce himself! Shearer couldn't do anything to prevent the mass crumbling of once a giant of football. Then they got the angry mobster Barton who I think not the right man to propel Newcastle to victory. Then the departure of Givens added salt to the already open wound leaving them with no other option then to rely on Harper ( I remember this lad who got beaten by Alonso 70 yarder!).
      macca8

• 5,258 posts | 83 
      • If you can't love us, then fear us!
      Reply #32: May 26, 2009 11:53:41 am
      I think the last one was Ince but not directly from Manure! It's he came out from the dirty ol' toilet but went to wash his hands then went to the fancy restaurant
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #33: May 26, 2009 12:10:25 pm
      The size of the Stadium is not what makes a big club it is History and history means success which they havent had. They think they are a big club, they do have good support and a good ground but nothing else and I think from what I have seen of them this year they will struggle next year to with or without 'Shearer.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #34: May 26, 2009 12:34:05 pm
      Its's stupid to identify them as a big club because they have a big stadium. So do Leeds, Nottingham Forest and Southampton if I recall Southampton built the new St. Mary's stadium not too long ago where are they now???

Newcastle's problems started when they got rid of Bobby Robson then a number of shocking decisions in selection of board and coaching staff. Souness, Roeder and Allardyce all these low grade managers coupled with poor leadership from the board and an overwhelming pressure and expectation from the fans.
      Ard Mhacha Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,794 posts | 31 
      Reply #35: May 26, 2009 12:58:59 pm
      They tried to live a champagne lifestyle on lemonade money.  Fifteen players on over 50k a week???  they're having a laugh.

Despite what their fans and some of their ex players try to imply, they are not a big club.  Sure, they have a decent stadium, but what have they won in the last 40 years?...jack sh*t.  Even 'Boro have one a cup in the past few years, and they got to a UEFA Cup final too, yet no one seems to be showing them any sympathy.

At the end of the day, they haven't a clue how to run a club up there. By paying average players extortionate amounts of money every week, them players are clearly only there for the cash.  I know they will now have to sell players to reduce the wage bill, but i don't think too many of them will be breaking their backs to stay either.

They definitely have all the potential to be another Leeds.
      paulboo
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,146 posts | 10 
      Reply #36: May 26, 2009 01:10:23 pm
      My opinion on Newcastle is that they aren't and never have been a big club, it takes more than having a decent ground and attendance . The club has no class and are a bunch of no hopers. The lack of fight in them on Sunday was shocking. Though i liked Shearer as a player he was a terrible choice as a manager in the short and long term. I totally agree too that they will more than struggle to come back up aswell. :f_tongueincheek: bye bye, and i would sooner give another few teams a crack at making a go of it sooner than put up with their circus every year.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #37: May 26, 2009 02:20:08 pm
      Hmm, don't know about Santiago Nunez bringing them back up, maybe Santiago Munez though ;)
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Reply #38: May 26, 2009 03:01:49 pm
      Newcastle's problems started when they got rid of Bobby Robson then a number of shocking decisions in selection of board and coaching staff. Souness, Roeder and Allardyce all these low grade managers coupled with poor leadership from the board and an overwhelming pressure and expectation from the fans.

I always felt a huge turning point was when they did fire Allardyce because though he is a n*b Big Sam is a decent manager but the supporters were way too fast to jump on the sack wagon. All you have to do is look at the situation now where Big Sam came in to Blackburn who were in the bottom three but now are still in the Premiership and Newcaslte arn't 
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #39: May 26, 2009 03:11:51 pm
      Hmm, don't know about Santiago Nunez bringing them back up, maybe Santiago Munez though ;)

;D Goal ....I love the goal movies , Iit makes you feel like a real footballer in a game , they took it really well  ! ...except for the fact that in all the goal movies Liverpool get beaten by Newcastle !
      BlueDuffleCoat
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 103 posts | -4 
      Reply #40: May 26, 2009 04:31:51 pm
      I'll miss the loss of an easy six points and a healthy goal difference but other than that it's hard for me to pretend I care about them or their demise. Owen will go to Celtic, Oba Martins to Portsmouth and Viduka is picking me up in a taxi in 10 mins.....bye.  ;D

I'd like us to sign Obafemi Martins. Spectacular player when he can be bothered.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,259 posts | 8582 
      Reply #41: May 26, 2009 04:58:41 pm
      I'd like us to sign Obafemi Martins. Spectacular player when he can be bothered.

Which is one of the reasons why we won't.
      REM96
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #42: May 29, 2009 01:00:56 pm
      This unfortunately is what happens when a chairman with no experience thinks he knows better the manager, it is a shame they have gone down but perhaps Ashley may have learned an expensive lesson and allow the next manager to rebuild over the next few seasons.
      gurnar
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 90 posts |
      Reply #43: Jun 06, 2009 01:55:00 pm
      To meny cooks spoil the broth and from what i heard they had manager just coachingl a nother to buy players this simply just causes confution sorry gordies u aint comeing back for a while hahaha
      I STAN BULL
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 382 posts | -2 
      Reply #44: Jun 07, 2009 08:12:36 pm
      Sad to see them go down but the so called big guns failed to deliver this season. Shearer was a dumb ass too go there, but fair play  too the smile he gave to ' you should have stayed on the tele'
      arkles lad
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,986 posts |
      Reply #45: Jun 07, 2009 08:34:43 pm
      That was class that,pissed myself.

Quick Reply