Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 21st of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

FFL sticks up for Stevie G

Read 2149 times
      redlozells
      • Forum David Johnson
      • Started Topic

• 224 posts |
      FFL sticks up for Stevie G
      Feb 02, 2007 10:12:37 pm
      FFL has slammed Joey Bartons's critical comments about him and Stevie G. Sorry guys I know FFL is chelshite but at least his sticking up for our 8th Wonder of the World and Captain.

Taken from the BBC

"The outspoken City midfielder also said Lampard and Steven Gerrard could not play together in the same midfield, and claimed they needed a ball each to succeed.

You shouldn't talk about other players too much

Chelsea's Frank Lampard

Lampard said: "I don't think Joey should talk about me and Steve Gerrard, that probably says enough.

"Joey mentioned that he was running at six in the morning in Dubai on holiday and then he wondered if me and Stevie G were doing the same.

"When I read that, I thought: 'I was doing that when I was 11. That's the difference.

"I've been training my socks off and I think Stevie G has as well. That's what you do.

"Maybe Joey Barton has found that but I've been doing that for a long time.

"As a professional - and I know I'm talking about another player now - you shouldn't talk about other players too much."

The relationship between the pair could be tested if they are both named when England boss Steve McClaren picks his squad on 2 February for the friendly against Spain"

smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Re: FFL sticks up for Stevie G
      Reply #1: Feb 03, 2007 03:24:34 pm
      Joey Barton was playing 5-aside on the astro turf at Prescot Leisure centre last week - the fella sitting opposite me in work was on the opposing team, and Barton left him with a cut hand and a gash on his head !!  NICE !!     Running in Dubai ?  must of got mixed up with Prescot !!  ;)   
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #2: Feb 03, 2007 03:26:03 pm
      Joey Barton was playing 5-aside on the astro turf at Prescot Leisure centre last week - the fella sitting opposite me in work was on the opposing team, and Barton left him with a cut hand and a gash on his head !!  NICE !!     Running in Dubai ?  must of got mixed up with Prescot !!  ;)   

Really? I play there on a Wednesday? What day was it - does he play regular.
      The Fallen Soldier
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,137 posts | 89 
      Reply #3: Feb 03, 2007 04:00:51 pm
      "The outspoken City midfielder also said Lampard and Steven Gerrard could not play together in the same midfield, and claimed they needed a ball each to succeed.
      "

To some degree you know he is right. Gerrard and Lampard shouldnt even be in the same lineup and too play two players like that in the same team is a mistake, and Mclaren for me has just started off in the same vein as Erikson although he has moved Gerrard to Beckhams position, its still a no go to get the best from the player. He prefers Lampards position and you will always get a better performance from Gerrard if you play him in Lampards position at that standard of football. But that is never gonna happen, why I here you say, because its fcuking politics thats why and it was fcuking politics that stopped Stevie getting the England Captaincy.
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #4: Feb 03, 2007 05:13:44 pm

Think it was a Thursday Jab, i'll find out and let you know  ;)
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #5: Feb 03, 2007 10:33:53 pm
      Jabba's up for a challege ;)

Quick Reply