Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Direct action against the owners now. Take Part!

Read 28183 times
      annealicia
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Re: Direct action against the owners, now!! Take part.
      Reply #92: Jun 08, 2009 07:04:09 pm
      Mr Hollidays face was probably not as angry as his poor secretary's.  Like many companies these days, she probably looked in his inbox first
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #93: Jun 08, 2009 07:06:17 pm
      Anything I've missed?

Dear Mr Holliday,

I must address that I am a life long fan of my beloved Liverpool Football Club, as I would like to inform you, and fill you in with a few things.

Your negotiations with a certain two 'businessmen' that appear to 'own' Liverpool Football Club - and also stand as representatives as Kop Football Holdings Ltd. I cannot advise you more strongly, to not grant an extension period, to the loan that was put on the clubs head, and that was granted by you.

I must point out, that as a businessman yourself. You look to do 'fair' deals with customers of all backgrounds. But I feel, you and your representatives have been kidded and disrespected, by these two American businessmen. If you would of done your checking on these people, you may of took a better perspective on the situation at hand.

You have handed out a massive loan to these two 'men' and when I say men, I say that very loosely. The club has a good income of profits, earning around £30 - £40 million pounds a season. Which only pays your interest. For two 'responsible' owners  to take out a loan, place it on the Football Club, instead of their own financial earnings, is a bit, odd?  Wouldn't you agree?

What is even more peculiar, is that in the space of time that we have had the 'pleasure' of these two men at the top of our football club, they have not invested one penny of their own personal fortunes, having no intention of helping the repayment of this loan at all. They have also claimed their own expenses from the club itself, going past the £1 million mark.

The situation of the loan, will only become worse, and will leave your bank with real frustration, especially with the current economical situation at hand, if you had forgotton about that? These two men, are another reason and a prime example of the current credit crunch in Britain, with the banks losing money, and on the brink of liquidation because of loans that have had no intention of being repayed.

But you, and your bank, can change this situation. It's in your hands. You have the option of saying "yes" or "no" to these 'representatives'.

By saying "yes" to these two cowboys. You will only prolong the inevitable of not receiving any money whatsoever from a loan that YOU granted, you will also make the club suffer - and what for in the end?

By saying "no" to these two liars. The club will then be sold at a cut price (because of these men can't afford to keep hold of this club & their finances may be affected) to other parties interested (and believe you me, there will be serious parties interested of the availability of our club) you will then get the loan repayed, back on its feet. And your bank will not suffer from any potential losses or profits, that could be valuable to boosting the current economical status.

Mr. Holiday, it is in your hands. I advise you to pick one of two options wisely. Do not use ignorance as an excuse here, because quite frankly, you do not want a full on vendetta of Liverpool fans that treat football as a religion, and that we will stand at nothing. That will mean you could unsettle people of the UK that support the club, that may also have mortgages with you, loans, etc. You may be losing out on more money than you initially expected.

I will be writing to my local MP, which will also go to the Government, as fellow Reds, have already done so. So again, believe you me, we won't leave this topic to simmer. You may be hearing from me again soon, depending on what you plan on doing about this situation.

Yours sincerely,

Courtney Smith
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #94: Jun 08, 2009 07:06:43 pm
      Mr Hollidays face was probably not as angry as his poor secretary's.  Like many companies these days, she probably looked in his inbox first

Are you his secretary?
      annealicia
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #95: Jun 08, 2009 07:08:21 pm
      No I am not unfortunately because if I was I would sure he sat and read everyone of them even if it took all day
      annealicia
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #96: Jun 08, 2009 07:10:08 pm
      Hi Courtney,

That letter is very well written.   it covers all the points that needed to be made.  You could send as an email and also as a hard copy.  That is the way that mine went
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #97: Jun 08, 2009 07:15:43 pm
      Hi Courtney,

That letter is very well written.   it covers all the points that needed to be made.  You could send as an email and also as a hard copy.  That is the way that mine went

Cheers annealicia.
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #98: Jun 08, 2009 07:31:30 pm
      I know people don't like writing letters these days but at least it will not be deleted before being read. I wish we had the Americans home addresses as I would certainly like to write to them.
      annealicia
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #99: Jun 08, 2009 07:36:38 pm
      i spent most of yesterday trying to find out their addresses although I would send the letters to their company headquarters.  I dont think it is fair to upset their wives and families - after all they are not the villains in this.  Unfortunately I still have not come up with anything - If I do I will certainly share it.
      SaintLiverpudlian
      • Forum John Toshack

• 278 posts |
      • Liverpool is my religion Anfield is my church
      Reply #100: Jun 09, 2009 01:48:12 am
      LDS, you are truly boring me. I don't know how old you are, but I bet no older than 20. You are knowledgeable about Liverpool's history and i respect that, but make no mistake, you aren't God. Not a single post in any thread I posted without finding you on my neck, quoting my sentences from A to Z. if this activity is therapeutic to you, be my guest. but otherwise, if you find something "not funny", don't laugh. You don't have to. I'm not being a comedian. Spamming an E-mail will not be welcomed with a smile from whoever is in charge of RBS. I did e-mail like the masses because SOS asked us to. But you have to keep in mind that there are other opinions than yours.

I am a Liverpool fan just like any of you, and you are just taking things the wrong way, assuming the worst out of everything people say here. Bravo for you for having 6k posts or so on the forum, maybe it's your dad's I don't care. If my presence here is annoying the general public of forum users I will gladly not open it again. It's not the only one you know.

Anyway, I can see your reply to this specific post replying to each and every verse of it as if you're analyzing the bible, I just ask you to not bother yourself answer, because from now on, I will not read a single post you post. I am a man of statue and knowledge. and I work in a bank. on this specific topic, I do know more about most of you and especially more than a teenager in a power trip.

Liverpool's truly,
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #101: Jun 09, 2009 03:12:46 am
      LDS, you are truly boring me. I don't know how old you are, but I bet no older than 20. You are knowledgeable about Liverpool's history and i respect that, but make no mistake, you aren't God. Not a single post in any thread I posted without finding you on my neck, quoting my sentences from A to Z. if this activity is therapeutic to you, be my guest. but otherwise, if you find something "not funny", don't laugh. You don't have to. I'm not being a comedian. Spamming an E-mail will not be welcomed with a smile from whoever is in charge of RBS. I did e-mail like the masses because SOS asked us to. But you have to keep in mind that there are other opinions than yours.

I am a Liverpool fan just like any of you, and you are just taking things the wrong way, assuming the worst out of everything people say here. Bravo for you for having 6k posts or so on the forum, maybe it's your dad's I don't care. If my presence here is annoying the general public of forum users I will gladly not open it again. It's not the only one you know.

Anyway, I can see your reply to this specific post replying to each and every verse of it as if you're analyzing the bible, I just ask you to not bother yourself answer, because from now on, I will not read a single post you post. I am a man of statue and knowledge. and I work in a bank. on this specific topic, I do know more about most of you and especially more than a teenager in a power trip.

Liverpool's truly,

I can't follow instructions, never have been able to, so I will quote this and will take it one bit at a time if I may.

Firstly getting the letters of Dunlop Liddell Shankly in order isn't exactly difficult for anybody, esepcially for someone who claims to be as knowledgeable as yourself.

I don't know how old you are, but I bet no older than 20.

What my age has to do with this entire situation I don't know. But since you mention it, yes I'm no older than 20. There, that's sorted. What it proves is still beyond me but hey there you go.

You are knowledgeable about Liverpool's history and i respect that, but make no mistake, you aren't God.

Yes I am knowledgeable on Liverpool's past and present so that's two things on the trott you've got right. Congratulations. In fact three correct things, I'm not God - Robbie Fowler is (another Toxteth lad). But then again where have I or anybody else said I was God? I might have said I'm God's gift but that's because I was brought up not to lie ;).

Not a single post in any thread I posted without finding you on my neck, quoting my sentences from A to Z.

Awww, your run of correct points ended. 82 posts (at the moment I wrote this) you've made and I probably haven't quoted half of them. I don't know off hand how many I have, maybe if I was God I would know.

if this activity is therapeutic to you, be my guest. but otherwise, if you find something "not funny", don't laugh. You don't have to. I'm not being a comedian.

It's not theraputic, I just don't like seeing anything to do with this club disrespected and will pull anybody up on it who I think is doing the wrong. Look back if you must, you'll see I've picked up on a few others who've gotten the most basic of errors wrong on this club. This club is practically my life and I don't appriciate people disresepcting it in anyway, especially not finding humour in the uncertainty of our future. Oh and I didn't laugh, which is why I said I fail to see anything funny and God knows, as well as I do, that you're no comedian.

Spamming an E-mail will not be welcomed with a smile from whoever is in charge of RBS.

So what? The whole point is not to spam Mr Holliday, it's to get a point about our disgust at the current owners and pleading with the RBS not to refinance Hicks and Gillett in July.

I did e-mail like the masses because SOS asked us to. But you have to keep in mind that there are other opinions than yours.

You emailed because somebody told you not because you wanted to get the message across? So if SOS said lets jump off a cliff you would? The Spirit Of Shankly group suggested we emailed or wrote letters to the heads of the RBS, gave people a template to base their email/letter around but it's not law because SOS say so. We as Liverpool fans wrote because of our own disgust at the thought of the yanks being refinanced and maybe people done it after it was brought to the attention of them by SOS, not because SOS suggested it. And I do know there are other opinions other than mine, but every other opinion other than mine is wrong ;).

I am a Liverpool fan just like any of you, and you are just taking things the wrong way, assuming the worst out of everything people say here.

Nope wrong again mate. I don't assume the worst out of everybody. Some people I actually don't mind on here, they're almost on a par with me in terms of excellence, I do reitterate the word almost ;). And I don't see how ;D or epic failure can be taken the wrong way. That's laughing at something, when there's F**k all to laugh about and the epic failure as I've already said to you (which you still haven't found an answer) won't happen whatever the result of the refinance deal. The point will get across, so it might not be the biggest victory us fans are looking for but it won't be any sort of a failure either. And "a Liverpool fan like any of you" doesn't laugh at this situation, doesn't come out with such statements as "epic failure" and just to go back a little further doesn't spell Shankly with an E in it.

Bravo for you for having 6k posts or so on the forum, maybe it's your dad's I don't care.

Like my age, what my post count is has anything to do with it is again beyond me. And this is not my dad's forum (something I and JD are probably quite pleased with) as I stated in my post ealier - my dad doesn't use forums.

If my presence here is annoying the general public of forum users I will gladly not open it again. It's not the only one you know.

I doubt you're annoying the vast number of people on here, you're certainly not annoying me by using this place. In fact some are probably quite pleased to see somebody try and put me in my place. But no you don't annoy most (I don't think) and certainly not me because I enjoy debating with anybody on here providing they are worth my time. From the effort I see you put into most of your posts, I believe you are worth replying to. This isn't me trying to "make up" or say "don't argue with me please" it's me respecting somebody who puts effort into most of their posts.

Anyway, I can see your reply to this specific post replying to each and every verse of it as if you're analyzing the bible, I just ask you to not bother yourself answer, because from now on, I will not read a single post you post.

Nah, had to reply in traditional DLS fashion which is arrogantly, smart arse and sarcastically.

I am a man of statue and knowledge. and I work in a bank. on this specific topic, I do know more about most of you and especially more than a teenager in a power trip.

Well with the current situation in the world's finances, I don't think admitting to working in a bank is a smart thing to do. And maybe you know more about the business side of these situations, that being your special subject.

Teenager on a power trip? Nah wrong entirely, I don't want power - I want democracy (on a large scale not just an internet forum). I don't want to be anything other
      than just a normal poster on here, nothing more than just a normal lad in life.

I hope you enjoy not reading this. Maybe settle down in front of a fire, a glass of brandy in one hand and a pipe in the other, feet up and not read this.
      annealicia
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 56 posts |
      Reply #102: Jun 09, 2009 06:28:16 am
      Reading through the posts, even at this early hour of the morning I find it very irritating that you are arguing over something so petty.  Sometimes people find it easier to express themselves by copying someone else.  So come on boys please grow up.

This is not the time or the place for that sort of thing.  We are on here hoping trying to find ways of getting rid of Hicks and Gillett.  surely it is better to pool our ideas rather than nit pick.

With reference to the email and letter - I did both, written in the way a friendly letter is written,  Curiosity I am sure will make Mr Holliday or one of his assistants read the letters.  If they are all same then yes the bin/delete button will become the filing cabinet - If worded correctly, as I believe mine was,  it will be read.

Working in the financial section (a regulator) I know that if we can put pressure on the Royal Bank of Scotland it may work - remember in the present climate they will not want any more bad publicity and that is something that we will cause if we step up a campaign.   

So with this in mind lets all put our heads together and come with some ideas - we only have 5 weeks
      DMS
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #103: Jun 09, 2009 07:42:36 am
      Reading through the posts, even at this early hour of the morning I find it very irritating that you are arguing over something so petty.  Sometimes people find it easier to express themselves by copying someone else.  So come on boys please grow up.

This is not the time or the place for that sort of thing.  We are on here hoping trying to find ways of getting rid of Hicks and Gillett.  surely it is better to pool our ideas rather than nit pick.

With reference to the email and letter - I did both, written in the way a friendly letter is written,  Curiosity I am sure will make Mr Holliday or one of his assistants read the letters.  If they are all same then yes the bin/delete button will become the filing cabinet - If worded correctly, as I believe mine was,  it will be read.

Working in the financial section (a regulator) I know that if we can put pressure on the Royal Bank of Scotland it may work - remember in the present climate they will not want any more bad publicity and that is something that we will cause if we step up a campaign.   

So with this in mind lets all put our heads together and come with some ideas - we only have 5 weeks
      well said
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #104: Jun 09, 2009 07:45:55 am
      LDS, you are truly boring me. I don't know how old you are, but I bet no older than 20.

I hope the posts after this one will stay on topic, but I just wanted to address this point.

If people want to debate certain things on the forum it's fine. If they don't agree then, again, this is fine. However, this is not the first time I've seen people commenting on a person's age as if this was a valid argument! The age limit on the forum is 14, and as long as people here are above that they have the right to post, and if they make their argument in a mature and well-mannered way then it is of absolutely no bearing on the debate.

If you were to come out and say his point wasn't valid because of his religion or race you'd be lynched, and rightly so, but for me commenting on his age has as much value as these examples (zero) and is equally belittling.

Then start please acting like one.

Let's try to keep the debate on topic without resorting to personal insults.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #105: Jun 09, 2009 08:46:47 am
       I will try and get the thread back on topic,has anyone had a reply to their email to RBS yet.Also has there been any publicity in the national press regarding the emails and letters.
      DMS
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 71 posts |
      • Y.N.W.A
      Reply #106: Jun 09, 2009 08:59:40 am
      I will try and get the thread back on topic,has anyone had a reply to their email to RBS yet.Also has there been any publicity in the national press regarding the emails and letters.
      no reply, not really expecting one either
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #107: Jun 09, 2009 12:03:38 pm

I doubt there'll be any replies from the RBS mate and if there is it'll be a standard one for all, rather than individual.

As for the press, I'm not sure they know because of the nature of the "protest" for one of a better word. If Liverpool fans were to abandon any doings with the RBS then they'd be more publicity or if the "protest" became a public issue rather than just emails.
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #108: Jun 09, 2009 01:20:58 pm
      What I want to know from some knowledgeable person is, at the moment the yanks have a six month extension and it has to be paid by the 24th of
      July, does it mean the next payment is now due 6 months later or is that being extended as well.....
      SaintLiverpudlian
      • Forum John Toshack

• 278 posts |
      Reply #109: Jun 09, 2009 08:09:07 pm
      I think we can be heard better if we peacefully demonstrate in front of RBS. and make sure the owners know they are not welcome at home (anfield) more than a manc. Anyway, we already sent the mails, this may be step number two.

DLS, good reply for once :) i did lie and ended up reading it. let's just not take things personal, I never intend to disrespect Liverpool, and nor is anyone doing that around here I see. if you wanna be really helpful, think of more ways to help than the e-mail.
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,131 posts | 3377 
      Reply #110: Jun 09, 2009 10:31:45 pm
      I think we can be heard better if we peacefully demonstrate in front of RBS. and make sure the owners know they are not welcome at home (anfield) more than a manc. Anyway, we already sent the mails, this may be step number two.

DLS, good reply for once :) i did lie and ended up reading it. let's just not take things personal, I never intend to disrespect Liverpool, and nor is anyone doing that around here I see. if you wanna be really helpful, think of more ways to help than the e-mail.

Well there's always just abandoning anything to with the RBS.

Peacefully protesting outside certain branches of the RBS is a good idea but I'm not sure if, for example, our fans from London can just down tools and get up to Liverpool and certainly our fans from outside of Britain wouldn't be able to take part in that sort of protest. So it might have to be a number of protests, like one in Liverpool, one in Birmingham, one in Bristol, one in London and one somewhere on the island of Ireland where we have many fans north and south of the border. (these are just examples of course)

Our first pre-season is the 15th of July (I think) so there may be some sort of protest around that time. But I suppose we won't hear any more on that until closer to the date.
      SaintLiverpudlian
      • Forum John Toshack

• 278 posts |
      Reply #111: Jun 10, 2009 12:36:52 am
      That's true, but even if it weren't masses of people protesting, we'll be heard as you said. a protest always attracts attention, and maybe media attention if it gains momentum. That will send a warning to the yanks and to RBS.
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #112: Jun 10, 2009 01:34:26 am
      The direct action as always will be taken on the streets of Liverpool as before.Some of us will lose our jobs as a consequence of this, some of us will lose our freedom, so for you Reds ouit there in comfort land, please remember our sacrifice as in generations past.I now go in good faith.YNWA
      SaintLiverpudlian
      • Forum John Toshack

• 278 posts |
      Reply #113: Jun 10, 2009 12:45:57 pm
      The direct action as always will be taken on the streets of Liverpool as before.Some of us will lose our jobs as a consequence of this, some of us will lose our freedom, so for you Reds ouit there in comfort land, please remember our sacrifice as in generations past.I now go in good faith.YNWA

mate, no one is asking to start a war, stress PEACEFUL demonstration. just outside the branch, without vandalizing public or private property, have some signs and sing as we always do, that would be it!
      RedRoy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,483 posts | 88 
      Reply #114: Jun 10, 2009 01:00:51 pm
      mate, no one is asking to start a war, stress PEACEFUL demonstration. just outside the branch, without vandalizing public or private property, have some signs and sing as we always do, that would be it!
      I'm not advocating anything illegal or anti social, my point is that we've been banner waving for almost 2 years with no effect on the owners, and standing outside a RBS branch singing our football songs will provide the media with the chance to make us look pathetic. What I want to see is a mass peaceful demonstration under the control of SOS with maximum media exposure. Unfortunately these events have consequences for some of the individuals involved. Mate for me this is a war and I will not back down until those two gobsh*tes are gone from our club.

Quick Reply