Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 19th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W3 D1 L3

who'll be out the door

Read 5337 times
      woodsie2b
      • Forum Matt Busby
      • Started Topic

• 135 posts | 11 
      who'll be out the door
      Feb 07, 2007 05:36:51 pm
      with new owners they will be putting money for new players and I'm pretty sure Rafa will not work the transfer window as he usually does so lets expect some real class players brought in! i just wonder if under the new regime some players will be made scape goats and i cant see how players like fowler(be gutted) , Aurelio, palleta, even Hyppia are gonna stay when its obvious its there positions which will be strengthened i even think pennant will struggle but think he will still be kept as cover for a new right winger
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Re: who'll be out the door
      Reply #1: Feb 07, 2007 11:27:12 pm
      Even without any mega transfer kitty, you have to ask how many of our players would be first choice in a championship winning team.
      The players I'd keep are

Reina
      Carra
      Finnan
      Agger
      Gerrard
      Alonso
      Kuyt

The other players might be squad players but they are the only 7 that I would consider to be good enough to play for a Championship winning side week in week out.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #2: Feb 07, 2007 11:27:35 pm
      I think Hyypia was being replaced anyway by Agger.

I have probably said this before but I still don't believe we are actually too far away from being Champions again.  We need one or two players with the kind of skill that the other big three have.  Real match-winners.

If we had Thierry Henry and (hate to say it) Cristiano Ronaldo in our side in place of maybe Crouch/Bellamy and Pennant then I think we would be genuine title contenders.  We've got the midfield.  We've got a good enough keeper.  The only defensive improvement could be at left back maybe, but apart from that - can you really see many other positions in the first team where we need to make drastic changes?

I can't.
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #3: Feb 07, 2007 11:32:18 pm
      Left back is a big problem for me, your right. and one player I left out was Momo. So we're not that far away. I think we have 7 or 8 players (depends on what formation we play!) that can win a championship, but we're still 3 or 4 away for me.
      koolkidda
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,007 posts | 41 
      Reply #4: Feb 07, 2007 11:37:06 pm
      Left back is a big problem for me, your right. and one player I left out was Momo. So we're not that far away. I think we have 7 or 8 players (depends on what formation we play!) that can win a championship, but we're still 3 or 4 away for me.

I want names of the 7 or 8 ....
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #5: Feb 07, 2007 11:39:07 pm
      Even without any mega transfer kitty, you have to ask how many of our players would be first choice in a championship winning team.
      The players I'd keep are

Reina
      Carra
      Finnan
      Agger
      Gerrard
      Alonso
      Kuyt

The other players might be squad players but they are the only 7 that I would consider to be good enough to play for a Championship winning side week in week out.

Like I said I missed Momo off the List.
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #6: Feb 08, 2007 12:07:03 am
      Like I said I missed Momo off the List.

No Pennant.  What more has that lad gotta do to impress you?

Has he not scored enough goal for you this year?
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #7: Feb 08, 2007 12:11:27 am
      No Pennant.  What more has that lad gotta do to impress you?

Has he not scored enough goal for you this year?

Pennent wasn't on the list due to his great form, I was expecting a bid from the LA Galaxy this summer!
      Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #8: Feb 08, 2007 12:13:26 am
      Pennent wasn't on the list due to his great form, I was expecting a bid from the LA Galaxy this summer!

Yep - we will struggle to keep hold of him - especially after he gets his hat-trick at the Nou Camp next week or so ::)
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #9: Feb 08, 2007 12:15:52 am
      Yep - we will struggle to keep hold of him - especially after he gets his hat-trick at the Nou Camp next week or so ::)

He'll be a big lose to Merseysides economy. He's kept 4 nurses in a job with the amount of work he's put the way of the Royals GU clinic this year!
      stev_17
      • Forum David Johnson

• 224 posts |
      Reply #10: Feb 08, 2007 05:05:25 am
      everyones missed out on kewell if he gets back to his old ways..hell play a vital role in winning the championship..however i think if we buy a new striker and defender then thats all we need..in order to be a championship winning team...id keep hyypia for another year coz hes been at liverpool for so long and hasnt had the chance to lift the barclays premiership so i think liverpool would owe that to hyypia..maybe sell aurelio and send palletta on loan...just to create more vaccanies for quality players
      TINHEAD14
      • Forum Paul Walsh

• 117 posts |
      Reply #11: Feb 08, 2007 05:11:57 pm
      If his performances don't improve Riise could easily be targeted by Rafa as selling option, how poorly did he play in the derby, but this season his performances have constantly poor/below average
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,381 posts | 1541 
      Reply #12: Feb 08, 2007 10:31:35 pm
      I wouldn't write Riise off just yet. He's just having a lean spell at the moment . I think he will come good again, Left mid cover with pace and a cannon in his boot !
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #13: Feb 09, 2007 12:04:04 am
      everyones missed out on kewell if he gets back to his old ways..hell play a vital role in winning the championship..however I think if we buy a new striker and defender then thats all we need..in order to be a championship winning team...id keep hyypia for another year coz hes been at liverpool for so long and hasnt had the chance to lift the barclays premiership so I think liverpool would owe that to hyypia..maybe sell aurelio and send palletta on loan...just to create more vaccanies for quality players

What old ways are these? Harry Kewell has not shown the form in his whole career to suggest he could be a regular in a Championship winning side.
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #14: Feb 09, 2007 03:47:53 pm
      Bollocks to it this is who we should keep.
      (First team)
      - Reina
      - Carra
      - Agger
      - Finnan
      - Riise (he will come good again)
      - Gerrard
      - Alonso
      - Sissoko
      - Kuyt
      And the guy on loan...
      - Carson

There... ten players.
      Now lets start picking up the pieces....
      « Last Edit: Feb 09, 2007 03:50:24 pm by Court_LFC »
      Kernow-Kop
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 80 posts |
      Reply #15: Feb 09, 2007 05:38:23 pm
      we are in desperate need of a 25-30 goal a season striker to play along side kuyt next season.
      united have 'the shrek'  arsenal have henry, chelski have drogba and even newcastle look like they have got it with martins. im not a full-on crouch hater, but he's not the player to get us to the top!
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #16: Feb 09, 2007 07:12:38 pm
      Thankfully no one voted for Crouch to stay 'cause at many times he's more a joke than a menace. And when no one expects a goal he comes up with spectactular scissors kicks. I think he's had his fair share of fame with Liverpool but we should look into offloading him hopefully in a far away country where we might not face him again. Get a class striker to team up with Kuyt to form a new attacking revolution; one that would send shudders to spines of other teams. With the millions of bucks we're getting from our new sugar daddies let's shop for the likes of Fernando Torres, David Villa or maybe Martins; he's one hell of a striker.

Once the goals start coming in it'll be easier to handle the rest of the team. Champions League and the Premiership would be our the toast of our annual celebrations  at the end of every season!
      Crazy Horse
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,324 posts | 39 
      Reply #17: Feb 10, 2007 09:37:41 pm
      Crouch is in the Kewell and Riise pot, these Lads will never win a championship!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,852 posts | 6788 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #18: Feb 11, 2007 03:26:26 am
      Zenden see u later >:(

Riise (hope not and that he comes good)....an ordinary season so far but keep up these performanes and
      he could jeopardize his LFC future. ???

Kewell  8) (as much as I hate to say it) just has too get fit or it could be curtains.

Sammy and Robbie...two absolute legends of our club who I hope can stick around the club in some sort of coaching capacity. :ernaehrung004:

& finally Crouchie....if we get 10-12m for I think it would be good for him to move on....we need pace and strength up front and someone who can actually head the ball with power and unfortunately although Crouchie has been good for us, he doesn't possess any of those qualities. :-\

Jabba
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,375 posts |
      Reply #19: Feb 11, 2007 11:18:21 am
      In response to Aussie Red, I don't think Sami will be hanging up his boots just yet.

He has still got to plenty to offer another side.

riise' boot boy
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 585 posts | 32 
      Reply #20: Feb 11, 2007 11:29:03 am
      been thinking about the striker situation a lot and i've come upwith the solution. hold your breath . . . . . . . . ruud van horseface
      Cy
      Reply #21: Feb 11, 2007 11:38:48 am
      I beleive that to be a championship winner we need to change a few thing in my opinion, a world class keeper, I like Reina but I don't think he is world class. We need someone who can direct and command the defence from behind, Reina is very good but we lack from someone of the caliber of Shmeicheil, Buffon or Khan..Then it's the question of the finish, Kuyt yes, Bellamy why not but Crouch I think got to go this summer, we need a top top finisher, Chelsea got drogba, Man u got Rooney, Arsenal got Henry, to win a championship you need a world class finisher, we've got quality but is it enough? Kuyt is doing his best but if we had a man in front as dangerous as Henry with him in front imagine the space our dutch would have..

Pennant is doing the job on the wing, he needs to improve yes but you can't argue with the commitment of the lad, I would keep him there. On the left well I think we need a left back and a left winger, Gonzales seems to be short and riise needs to have to compete for his position, if he have to do so he will be back at the level he should be. Kewell sorry but he has to go, he hasn't prove anything in my opinion, i'm not blaming the lad but he needs to give space to someone of the like of Messi, Xavi...
      Court LFC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,496 posts | 182 
      Reply #22: Feb 11, 2007 01:10:36 pm
      Why can't we sign the likes of David Vila next season ;)

Quick Reply