Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Taye Taiwo (Marseille)

Read 9561 times
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Re: Taye Taiwo (Marseille)
      Reply #23: Jun 18, 2009 05:04:38 pm
      Exactly. Sounds like he's running from Messi by looking to England. We want to win the Champions League and to do that you have to beat the best including Barcalona. What good would he be then?

Pass!

Am I the only one who thinks he was having a joke when he said  about Messi, I mean he said Messi was too strong for god sake  :lmao:
      Singh_YNWA
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,071 posts |
      Reply #24: Jun 19, 2009 12:37:25 am
      He ia good player, a strong powerful attacking full-back and can certainly shoot..... If Dossena and Arbeloa go, then we should go for him.... Arby is versatile can play both positions but at this moment we dont need Taiwo......
      beingTorres
      • On Trial

• 3 posts |
      Reply #25: Jun 23, 2009 06:58:40 am
      if dossena leaves, this man would be a great fit. left foot is a rocket. great at free-kicks. he might even be able to play in midfield. maybe not somebody we need, with how well aurelio has played this year, and insua is surely one for the future, but this would be nice signing. i also had him in my liverpool squad in fifa 07 haha. YNWA
      ForzaNino
      • Forum Gary McAllister

• 88 posts | -2 
      Reply #26: Jun 23, 2009 07:27:03 am
      from what i've seen last year..he did really well against us in the CL( also to mention Kone from marseille..really good..)..really strong n pacey...i like this guy..
      no need to sell aurelio..because if the masch's deal in going to be true, then aurelio or agger can play that role..defensive midfielder
      JoeyLFC
      • Forum Kenny Dalglish

• 520 posts |
      Reply #27: Jun 23, 2009 02:46:10 pm
      We don't want players who are scared of others. We want players who will stand up and be counted.
      Darkone
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 770 posts | -7 
      • YNWA
      Reply #28: Jun 27, 2009 03:09:03 pm
      Look like we have to get a LB now. Dossena is leaving. Insua still not ready yet. And Aurelio just out till next year. But i only want get him after Silva tho, and if we still have money left.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,484 posts | 8675 
      Reply #29: Jun 27, 2009 03:26:08 pm
      Look like we have to get a LB now. Dossena is leaving. Insua still not ready yet. And Aurelio just out till next year. But i only want get him after Silva tho, and if we still have money left.

From the noises he's making in the Echo today along with Aurelio's injury, I can't see The Doss going anywhere yet!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #30: Jun 27, 2009 04:08:54 pm
      With the uncertainty currently surrounding Dossena & Arbeloa added to the fact that Aurelio is now out until Christmas maybe it wont be so bad to take a gamble on Taiwo. He certainly looks the part & seems as tho he can walk the talk and maybe it wouldnt be so bad to have another pacey full back to play against these teams that park that the bus so say ?

I dont know I am a little undecided on this one as I dont really know that much about him
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #31: Jun 27, 2009 04:23:11 pm
      Wasn't that hot on him TBH, bit since Aurelio's injury he'd be an option. I've seen him a few times for Marseille, though not enough to be sure about him.

Plusses are his age, his ferocious left-foot (very much like Riise) and his attacking ability.

However, I don't know how strong he is at the back, certainly against the type of players in the Premier League. He could be worth a gamble, but all would depend on the price I suppose.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #32: Jun 27, 2009 06:18:23 pm
      The lad can't defend! All the attacking attributes in a wingback but he just cant defend. No strength, no awareness and so easily turned in side out.
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #33: Jun 27, 2009 11:40:56 pm
      The lad can't defend! All the attacking attributes in a wingback but he just cant defend. No strength, no awareness and so easily turned in side out.

Never seen him him play, so this isn't meant to be antagonistic in anyway, but he looks far from weak, would say strength is one of his main... uhhr.. strengths :P
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #34: Jun 28, 2009 12:52:53 am
      Maybe an avenue worth exploring but its just pure speculating trying to guess Rafa's mind the mans an Evil genuis with world  Domination on his mind....

Rafa "what we going to today Sammy"
      Sammy "The same thing we do every day Rafa were gona take over the world"

ala Pinkie & the Brain

;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #35: Jun 28, 2009 03:26:16 pm
      Never seen him him play, so this isn't meant to be antagonistic in anyway, but he looks far from weak, would say strength is one of his main... uhhr.. strengths :P

Watching him, for someone who is seemingly muscly, he got pushed off it alot.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #36: Jun 28, 2009 06:46:01 pm
      Watching him, for someone who is seemingly muscly, he got pushed off it alot.

Clumsy, I would say.

Size and strength is all well and good, but you need the correct balance and skill to go with it.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #37: Jun 28, 2009 07:13:24 pm
      Thats it, clumsy. Cheers ;)
      solodee
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,036 posts | 147 
      • Liverpool FC All The Way
      Taiye Taiwo (Marseille)
      Reply #38: Jul 09, 2009 09:18:39 am
      Taye Taiwo: Liverpool Step Up Chase for African Powerhouse After Aurelio Injury

Injury to Fabio Aurelio has led to Rafa Benitez stepping up his pursuit of Marseille’s powerful left-back Taye Taiwo. Aurelio seriously injured his knee while playing football on holiday in Brazil with his family and may be out until 2010 according to reports.

Taiwo issued a ‘come and get me’ plea to the Premier League big four at the end of last season which alerted Liverpool who are in the hunt to add a left-sided defender following the disappointing performance of Andrea Dossena last season. The Italian is expected to be offloaded to Juventus this summer leaving the club having to rely on Argentine youngster Emiliano Insua unless someone is brought in. Glen Johnson has already been brought to Anfield and if Taiwo can be signed, it would provide Liverpool with two of the most attacking full-backs in the Premier League.

The player had this to say to France-Football, “If I was to depart, then I would not join a small club.”It will be Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool or Arsenal.

“I do not want to leave Marseille for the sake of it. If I make it, it will be for a big club, to win the UEFA Champions League, in England, or why not Spain?

“I won’t make it for money, otherwise I could immediately leave for Ukraine, where I could earn just as much.”

The defender is confident in his ability to play against the very best in the Premier League as Taiwo’s comments illustrate, “I am not scared by the level in England. I believe I have the right level to defend against [Wayne] Rooney or Cristiano Ronaldo.

“Anyway I am more powerful than them. The only one with whom it would be much more complex is [Lionel] Messi.

“He is too small and too strong. That’s why maybe it could be better for me to join England rather than Spain.”

The 24-year-old Nigerian international has been linked to numerous Premier League clubs in the past year particularly Tottenham and Man City. The defender had this to say earlier in the season, “I have made my desire to play in the Premier League clear,” he told Sky Sports. “Tottenham are a big club, but I am at Marseille. I want to play in the Premier League, but I have a contract. But if the clubs agree…”

http://community.footballpools.com/blog/2009/07/09/taye-taiwo-liverpool-step-up-chase-for-african-powerhouse/

He's got a good left foot. Shots are solid! much like Agger/Riise. A good buy if we actually get to buy.
      paulrobbo
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,875 posts | 106 
      • We are the Mods!
      Re: Taiye Taiwo (Marsielle)
      Reply #39: Jul 09, 2009 09:21:07 am
      It's just a recycled story I think. He made those quotes a while ago I think. Hope we don't spend too much on him.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Re: Taiye Taiwo (Marseille)
      Reply #40: Jul 09, 2009 10:38:51 am
      What a dickhead! He highlights his strengths but runs at the thought of Messi?
      Chico Banderas
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,072 posts | 150 
      Reply #41: Jul 09, 2009 11:20:41 am
      I personally would like him to sign for us.. From what I've seen of him, he's no slouch, very very strong, quite composed on the ball and has a crack on him too.. To me this lad has never appeared clumsy at all.. For the right price I think we should get this lad down at Anfield..
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #42: Jul 09, 2009 02:40:33 pm
      What a dickhead! He highlights his strengths but runs at the thought of Messi?
      TBH I don't think he mean Messi was too strong, I think he meant Messi is strong for his size. Also you name a defender who would want to face Messi too often?
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #43: Jul 09, 2009 04:19:05 pm
      injury of aurelio isn't as bad as reported before so don't need this guy anymore
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #44: Jul 09, 2009 04:20:36 pm
      TBH I don't think he mean Messi was too strong, I think he meant Messi is strong for his size. Also you name a defender who would want to face Messi too often?

Did i mention strength? No.

Any defender who plays in the Champions League and La Liga? If they didnt then what are they doing in the top leagues of the world?
      Junior_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 926 posts |
      Reply #45: Jul 09, 2009 07:43:40 pm
      Ok on the first point. yes players would want to play against him to say they have, but I don't think many would say they would want to face him week in week out.

Quick Reply