Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 23rd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P9 W4 D1 L4

Tom Hicks: 'Big universe' of buyers interested in Reds

Read 14024 times
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Re: Tom Hicks: 'Big universe' of buyers interested in Reds
      Reply #115: Jun 15, 2010 03:59:39 pm
      The Club owe Kop Cayman £144m with interest at 10% compounded each year. 

Which basically means we aren't paying any interest on this so it's increasing every year, and the final balance will be totted up when we're sold and paid in full.  It also means if we go into administration they (H&G) will still get paid this "loan" back, meaning regardless of how much/little they sell us for they will still make a profit.

This "loan" was the so called "their own money" they gave Rafa for transfers on 2007.

Have we actually paid anything in interest though Ayrton.  We know that funds have disappeared - from player sales, tv rights, CL payments etc but do we know it's gone to RBS or has it gone into their pocket via the dubious "other expenses" figures like the revised plans for the stadium.

Was all this info made public? I'm gobsmacked everytime I see how much they have screwed us... and it was allowed...
      jake15919
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 359 posts | 14 
      • Something, something, something, the dark side.
      Reply #116: Jun 15, 2010 04:05:28 pm

It also means if we go into administration they (H&G) will still get paid this "loan" back, meaning regardless of how much/little they sell us for they will still make a profit.

This "loan" was the so called "their own money" they gave Rafa for transfers on 2007.

Thanks for confirming the Cayman Islands debt.

If the club owe the money to Kop holdings (Cayman Holdings) then they are a creditor just like everyone else and they would therefore get pennies in the pound. This is what should hopefully keep Hicks in check. The only exemptions to this are preferential creditors such as footballing debts under the FA rules. I doubt that RBS would have agreed loans with another major creditor being granted preference over them. But given how crafty Hicks is I may be wrong.
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #117: Jun 15, 2010 04:17:08 pm

If the club owe the money to Kop holdings (Cayman Holdings) then they are a creditor just like everyone else and they would therefore get pennies in the pound. This is what should hopefully keep Hicks in check. The only exemptions to this are preferential creditors such as footballing debts under the FA rules. I doubt that RBS would have agreed loans with another major creditor being granted preference over them. But given how crafty Hicks is I may be wrong.

I hope you're right
      NavyNick
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 851 posts | 38 
      Reply #118: Jun 15, 2010 04:20:45 pm
      They are a bunch of cu*ts and should die a horrible death.  I hope once we are sold RBS go bankrupt, I will dance with joy outside there branches and give them sh*t. 
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #119: Jun 15, 2010 04:27:28 pm

Kop Cayman isn't a "major creditor" as such it's H&G's personal offshore trust, or more likely just Hicks.  So no they won't get pennies in the pound, they will get the full amount.  The only saving grace is that they can't demand that we pay it back if it puts the club in financial ruin.  
      TheKopite*****
      • Forum Ian St John

• 433 posts |
      Reply #120: Jun 15, 2010 04:33:35 pm
      Kop Cayman isn't a "major creditor" as such it's H&G's personal offshore trust, or more likely just Hicks.  So no they won't get pennies in the pound, they will get the full amount.  The only saving grace is that they can't demand that we pay it back if it puts the club in financial ruin. 

Why this was ever allowed is beyond me... congrats to the FA for uum, oh yes, doing their jobs
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,973 posts | 5032 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #121: Jun 15, 2010 04:44:35 pm
      The last couple of posts are exactly why I won't be supporting another email campaign, like the one that was suggested about 2 weeks ago. The Yanks are giving the too much money and until we actually hurt the Yanks in their pocket with ways we can make an impact ourselves (boycotts etc.) then RBS won't go anything until Tom and George are struggling to make payments and RBS are no longer profiting from the mess we're in.
      Thats exactly what should be happening, Standing and shouting, waving 'F**k off yanks' banners and all sorts of justified abuse will not shift the disease within, We need to act by boycotting matches and buying shirts, That is the only way left, They won't budge by fans sending emails and letters, every LFC fan to a man must stick together on this its the only action left available, But as usual solidarity will be missing and onwards we will probably go until it will be to late, RBS they dont give a flying fcuk about passion or history all their interested in is interest and how much money they can gleen from our predicament, Its unlikely that thousands will boycott matches but maybe fans who attend the first match of the new season can leave all their scarfs behind at the end of the game, That might give us some indication the strenghth of numbers who are up for boycotting matches, If the response is positive we could then organise a particular match to boycott and follow it up by further action maybe once a month for starters or more, Any thoughts people??
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #122: Jun 15, 2010 04:46:04 pm
      Why this was ever allowed is beyond me... congrats to the FA for uum, oh yes, doing their jobs

It's how leveraged buyouts work mate.  Hicks borrowed against the Rangers to buy us, then borrowed against us to pay himself back then borrowed against himself (Kop Cayman) to give Rafa his initial transfer fund.

He has no intention of paying any of his creditors for the loans he has taken out as they are all tied into Hicks Sports Group, in our case Kop Holdings, so his personal wealth can't be touched.  He (HSG) currently owes various banks in excess of $1billion.

His creditors in America will only get approx $270m out of the $550m HSG owes when the Rangers sale finally goes through - hence why the banks refused to sign off the sale and why Hicks has now filed for bankruptcy.  

Quick Reply