Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Spurs [Premier League] Sun 5th May @ 4:30 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 2nd of May and on this date LFC's match record is P23 W7 D5 L11

Am i insane?

Read 2384 times
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Am i insane?
      Jun 21, 2009 03:44:42 pm
      Taking a page out of Gow's book here and starting a topic for personal gain (no disrespect, we love you for it).

But, i find myself constantly pulling all-nighters in my final year of school because i simply dont want to sleep due to FM, Confed Cup, cricket, caught up in discussion etc. at the expense of doing my school work.

Am i the only one who does it constantly or are there other idiots out there? (2 times a school week on average)
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Am I insane?
      Reply #1: Jun 21, 2009 03:47:02 pm
      Erm, I do it if I don't have school the next day. If I do, then I get a relatively early night
      CRK
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 13,604 posts | 361 
      • JFT96 YNWA
      Reply #2: Jun 21, 2009 03:54:21 pm
      I used to do the same.

Procrastination is a wonderful.... Oh I can't be arsed, I'll write something about it later. ;)
      el batez
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,795 posts | 189 
      • everyones friend.enemies none.
      Reply #3: Jun 21, 2009 03:57:50 pm
      Only if you fail,we have all been there at some time or other.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,246 posts | 8577 
      Re: Am i insane?
      Reply #4: Jun 21, 2009 04:00:57 pm
      Taking a page out of Gow's book here and starting a topic for personal gain (no disrespect, we love you for it).

But, i find myself constantly pulling all-nighters in my final year of school because i simply dont want to sleep due to FM, Confed Cup, cricket, caught up in discussion etc. at the expense of doing my school work.

Am i the only one who does it constantly or are there other idiots out there? (2 times a school week on average)

Used to F**k my homework, exam work, coursework etc off to go out and play footie!

Do you get the option to do resits?
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #5: Jun 21, 2009 04:17:42 pm
      Used to F**k my homework, exam work, coursework etc off to go out and play footie!

Do you get the option to do resits?

You need a medical certificate for proof of absence. Only then are you allowed to re-sit i would suppose. Extremely suss though.
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Reply #6: Jun 21, 2009 06:45:53 pm
      Yes mate sit your exams and get the results. If they are anything like your posts , top marks mate.
      redkenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 24,912 posts | 1058 
      • 97 - Always Remembered
      Reply #7: Jun 21, 2009 07:20:17 pm
      Yes you are Crouchinho. Insane in the membrane.  ;)
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,034 posts | 3352 
      Reply #8: Jun 21, 2009 09:02:26 pm
      I fu**ed most of school off because I hated it and what they were trying to teach us. Had a few late nights during that time, but caught up on me kip during Geography or French or Science.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #9: Jun 22, 2009 12:51:36 am
      You need a medical certificate for proof of absence. Only then are you allowed to re-sit I would suppose. Extremely suss though.
        tell them youve had a bout of championmageritus. As for the certificates of injury, just buy Michale owen and print out your teamsheet, hand it in.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #10: Jun 22, 2009 01:03:21 am
      I did same thing and failed maths, so got 4 A-C's rather than the magic 5. Also I was predicted a B for French and ended with a F! )I'm still adamant they were teaching me Spanish!!)

I got to retake my maths in college though and managed to pass it so it worked out alright. Was a pain in the arse though.

My advice just listen in lessons do a bit of work here and there.....then come praise me at the end for how great my advice was ;)
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #11: Jun 22, 2009 01:38:19 am
      i have stayed up until about an hour before i have to get ready for school on many occasions but still got good grades. IMO it has been a big beneficial factor because when i get an early night i seem to be more tired when i have to go to school :D
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #12: Jun 22, 2009 04:46:45 am
      I dont think you are going insane rather having a major procrastination problem. It is a wonderful thing when you have so many important things to do. I used to find myself in the same boat at times especially around the time of exams or assesments in fact I found I got the best results when I did things last minute. Even at uni no dedicated study time ever beats a good cramming session.

On the point of medical certificates extremely difficult around the time you are doing the HSC unless you have major health problems. I wouldnt F**k around going down that path. I am sure though when the time comes and sh*t hits the fan you will be able to put your head down and do the neccessary.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #13: Jun 22, 2009 05:21:00 am
      I'm one of those like you Crouchinho :)

Don't worry, many of them are like you. To be honest with you I'm left with one week of holidays, unfortunately homework not even started yet! Not even a single word written on my homework, and there's tons to complete..

I'm like those who do not see the need to study until it gets really urgent.. a couple of weeks before tests/exams etc my adrenaline kicks in, my computer is off, and you won't find me on here until my exams are over ;)

Other than that well, F**k care ftw :)
      Bahrosa-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,549 posts |
      • It's Not A Badge... It's A Family Crest
      Reply #14: Jun 22, 2009 06:54:53 am
      Well, i'm in year 11 so it's not my last year of school, and i do this a lot. I need to change as i wouldn't want to be doing it next year. My biggest problems are getting caught up on Windows Live Messenger, LFCREDS ;) , and facebook. 

The 09-10 Premier League season will help out a lot for the both of us, as there are no games, apart from the last, which is on a Sunday night or Early Monday morning.

I have recently been trying to go to sleep really early so I can get enough sleep.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly
      • Started Topic

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #15: Jun 24, 2009 12:46:49 pm
      Yes mate sit your exams and get the results. If they are anything like your posts , top marks mate.

Unfortunately i dont study school like i do, Liverpool. Then again, it isnt so unfortunate :)
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #16: Jun 24, 2009 12:48:40 pm
      Well, I'm in year 11 so it's not my last year of school, and I do this a lot. I need to change as I wouldn't want to be doing it next year. My biggest problems are getting caught up on Windows Live Messenger, LFCREDS ;) , and facebook. 

The 09-10 Premier League season will help out a lot for the both of us, as there are no games, apart from the last, which is on a Sunday night or Early Monday morning.

I have recently been trying to go to sleep really early so I can get enough sleep.

Ah mate do you mind me bothering to add you on Windows Live, facebook etc. Send me a PM! ;)
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #17: Jun 24, 2009 12:51:00 pm
      I'm one of those like you Crouchinho :)

Don't worry, many of them are like you. To be honest with you I'm left with one week of holidays, unfortunately homework not even started yet! Not even a single word written on my homework, and there's tons to complete..

I'm like those who do not see the need to study until it gets really urgent.. a couple of weeks before tests/exams etc my adrenaline kicks in, my computer is off, and you won't find me on here until my exams are over ;)

Other than that well, f**k care ftw :)

Me too .. I only work under stressful conditions , but I still end up doing somewhat well on my exams didn't do that bad in this years exams even though I only studied for about 2 weeks .
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #18: Jun 24, 2009 12:56:00 pm
      Me too .. I only work under stressful conditions , but I still end up doing somewhat well on my exams didn't do that bad in this years exams even though I only studied for about 2 weeks .

Just my recent exam I've got absolutely no clue for my math. For 6 months I was sitting on class like an idiot, chatting with friends and then just going to school early the next morning to copy my homework! The night before the math exam I took out and started seriously and I've got 90/100 for it :P Scored 2nd in class for it :P

What a relief it was. Well I was delighted more than relieved! But still anything can be done as long as you put your heart into completing it.
      niksluvslfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,234 posts | 23 
      Reply #19: Jun 24, 2009 05:18:57 pm
      Just my recent exam I've got absolutely no clue for my math. For 6 months I was sitting on class like an idiot, chatting with friends and then just going to school early the next morning to copy my homework! The night before the math exam I took out and started seriously and I've got 90/100 for it :P Scored 2nd in class for it :P

What a relief it was. Well I was delighted more than relieved! But still anything can be done as long as you put your heart into completing it.

Well for math ..I don't really have to study that much its actually quite easy so I don't study for math and I still get 73/80 but I was kinda dissapointed though  ..But it was actually English where I was working my butt off and I improved my grade form a low C to a high B so my teacher was impressed . And I'm doing Shakespeare that too King Richard III ( 3 acts) and like 6 poems and the whole novel of Lord of the flies ..that's just one years portion . Next year for my boards we have like 14 poems , 10 stories , a whole Novel and A whole play so English is like suicide really . But this year I manged to pull my grade up so my parents were happy !
      rainOd5star
      • Forum Peter Beardsley

• 176 posts |
      Reply #20: Jun 24, 2009 05:40:57 pm
      Seriously mate, get your head down and get on with it, everything that keeps you from doing work will be there after your exams ( god i sound like me da )! I suppose it all depends how important it is to YOU? But if you weren't that bothered you wouldn't have asked the question! Trust me though, doing my A-levels a we while back i messed up, big time!!!! Regret it now but cant go back! Do the work and you'll party harder! Sorry if i sound a bit preachy mate, not meant!
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #21: Jun 24, 2009 10:31:26 pm
      I'm a chronic procrastinator. It's a good attribute, I find.  In all seriousness, I'd like to be able to get my head down and work, but it's dull, and FM is much more exciting.

And to answer your question, yes, you are insane, because you didn't capitalise the "I".
      musu
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 85 posts | -1 
      Reply #22: Jun 26, 2009 01:26:52 am
      I'm most likely to end up on here when I have a test or project due... and I'm really old enough to know better!

Quick Reply