Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P7 W5 D1 L1

Glen Johnson (Liverpool -> Stoke)

Read 363501 times
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,334 posts | 2834 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Re: Glen Johnson Player Thread
      Reply #1656: Nov 22, 2011 08:01:51 pm
      Best right back in the league, what a goal that was
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #1657: Nov 25, 2011 02:23:02 am
      Really think this lad should be a winger Kelly is more than good enough to fill his posistion but who would you rather have against weaker teams?

Dirk Kuyt who is great at tracking back or Glen Johnson who turns left backs inside out on a regular basis (and thats from defence)
      BigAndy9
      • Banned

• 54 posts |
      • Born a Spaniard, Die a Scouser
      Reply #1658: Nov 25, 2011 03:31:51 am
      Hope he plays again against the mancs.
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #1659: Nov 25, 2011 10:14:58 pm
      I still think Johnson would make a cracking winger and it would solve the Dilemma over Johnson or Kelly, people questioned Johnson's ability to pick the ball up in the oppositions half and go past his man stating he's better coming from deeper positions, well Sunday Johnson showed he's capable of picking the ball up in the oppositions half and going past his man and sticking it in the net.

For me Johnson and Kelly on the right would add perfect balance to our right hand side.

This all day.
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #1660: Nov 25, 2011 10:20:03 pm
      Unsung hero last week, goal aside I think he is still a great asset but Kelly still gives him a good fight for RB. 
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #1661: Nov 25, 2011 10:21:31 pm
      Glen is in  some good form at the minute and a cracking goal.

As I've said before I rate him and Kelly highly and personally prefer Kelly but in current form and also due to the fact a settled back four is ideal Glen is the man in possession so it's up to Kelly to push for a place.
      « Last Edit: Nov 25, 2011 10:40:43 pm by srslfc »
      AJ
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,445 posts | 124 
      • Boom!
      Reply #1662: Nov 25, 2011 10:35:02 pm
      Glen is in  some good form at the minute and a cracking goal.

As I've said before I rate him and Kelly highly and personally prefer Kelly but in current form and also due to the fact a settled back four is ideal Glenn is the man in possession so it's up to Kelly to push for a place.

Fair play, if Kelly does play at least he knows he's got to up the tempo!
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1663: Nov 27, 2011 12:52:43 pm
      He was sh*te. I won't paint a prettier picture.

But it was a classic Johnson game. Terrible defensively, but popped up with that magic to win it. Guess you'll get that sometimes with someone like him.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1664: Nov 27, 2011 02:14:58 pm
      He was sh*te. I won't paint a prettier picture.

But it was a classic Johnson game. Terrible defensively, but popped up with that magic to win it. Guess you'll get that sometimes with someone like him.

More or less how I saw his game mate. If he gets the winner again today I won't be complaining though :)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1665: Nov 27, 2011 02:20:56 pm
      No he wasnt crouch you hate the lad that is understandable but means I dont take your analysis of him serious. You were forever berating him in the match threads till I pulled you up on it and your back doing the same sh*te now.

He is better than Kelly get F***ing over, Dalglish and Capello rate him highly. You actually seemed disappointed he scored the other day. See I can take JD and Dunlops criticism of the lad but yours is F***ing ridiculous and non sensical.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #1666: Nov 27, 2011 02:30:13 pm
      No he wasnt crouch you hate the lad that is understandable but means I dont take your analysis of him serious. You were forever berating him in the match threads till I pulled you up on it and your back doing the same sh*te now.

I'm pretty sure Crouchy doesn't hate Glen mate just doesn't rate him.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1667: Nov 27, 2011 02:36:34 pm
      Ya and incapable of giving the lad credit, I dont particularly rate Adam or Carroll but when they have done something well I've given them credit. But f**k me with Johnson Crouch is continually berating him dont worry I've noticed that long before the last day and have pulled him on it before.

He slates him in the game thread and for what ever reason is allowed away with it, the last day he was crying about Johnson not being dropped for Kelly during the match and when Johnson scored all he wanted to do was talk about how Mata Cole and Malouda destroyed him.

Taking into account Mata went around him once and Kuyt was meant to be tracking Cole. No mention of Kuyt failure to track. So does Crouch think Kenny is making a massive mistake playing Johnson ahead of Kelly or does he even know what an attacking full back is,i dunno. I heard Clarke talk about Johnson the last day and say how important attacking full backs are in modern football. We have one of the best and pity some of the posters are blind to this
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,347 posts | 4967 
      Reply #1668: Nov 27, 2011 02:41:06 pm
      Ya and incapable of giving the lad credit, I dont particularly rate Adam or Carroll but when they have done something well I've given them credit. But f**k me with Johnson Crouch is continually berating him dont worry I've noticed that long before the last day and have pulled him on it before.

Got to disagree with you here mate as you are just as bad concerning Adam.

If you feel it's OK to criticise players so much then you should have no problem with Crouchy doing like wise with a player he doesn't rate.

Back to Glen I hope he finds another winner in him today and will have to be on top of his game up against Silva.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #1669: Nov 27, 2011 02:43:15 pm
      Ye his agent???

Your his dad?!?!

Come off it. If i don't rate him defensively, i'm in a long queue complaining about that aspect of his game.

This may surprise you but i don't hate any Liverpool player. I don't rate him as a fullback because he showed yet again when trying to mark up Mata and Malouda he cannot stop crosses coming in and can't stop players going past him.

Piss off jumping down my back when i say he isn't my first choice right back because you don't like it. Just because i don't rate him doesn't mean i hate him. Your a F***ing pest but i don't say you hate any player, even when you berated Lucas, N'gog, etc. It's called a F***ing opinion and if you don't like click the little 'x' at the top of the page.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1670: Nov 27, 2011 02:49:53 pm
      Your posts on him are ridiculous and the last day was a joke he was after winning us the game and all you wanted todo was berate him. I'll be honest I have not seen anything like that on here from any poster directed to a player that is after winning us a big game.

Some of your posts on him in the game threads are a joke people should look out for them, I started noticing them at the start of last season, and there was usually 1 a game aimed at him from you. Someone might go past him in the 80th minute for the first time and you'd be making comments like Johnson again he is sh*te. Had an argument about it at the time with you and you stopped but the rubbish has started up again.

Answer me this do you think Kenny is making a massive mistake picking Johnson ahead of Kelly. Because as you said yourself Johnson is sh*te terrible defensively and Kelly is excellant solid in defence and good going forward. How do you think Kenny is missing this when you seem to think it is so obvious bearing in mind the second Johnson was fit Kenny dropped Kelly for him.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #1671: Nov 27, 2011 02:55:14 pm
      Answer me this do you think Kenny is making a massive mistake picking Johnson ahead of Kelly. Because as you said yourself Johnson is sh*te terrible defensively and Kelly is excellant solid in defence and good going forward. How do you think Kenny is missing this when you seem to think it is so obvious bearing in mind the second Johnson was fit Kenny dropped Kelly for him.

I don't want to jump into a discussion, but it's not really a valid argument, mate.

You, me and everyone else has opinions on the players Kenny selects every week, it doesn't mean we think we know more than the manager.

So long as no one is slagging players off, I don't see the harm.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #1672: Nov 27, 2011 03:01:22 pm
      Your posts on him are ridiculous and the last day was a joke he was after winning us the game and all you wanted todo was berate him. I'll be honest I have not seen anything like that on here from any poster directed to a player that is after winning us a big game.

Some of your posts on him in the game threads are a joke people should look out for them, I started noticing them at the start of last season, and there was usually 1 a game aimed at him from you. Someone might go past him in the 80th minute for the first time and you'd be making comments like Johnson again he is sh*te. Had an argument about it at the time with you and you stopped but the rubbish has started up again.

Alright mate and you hopping off in the match thread as we speak about Kenny's team selections being a poor choice don't make this post look down right hypocritical?

Don't be going off at me for not thinking he's the better choice and using Kenny's selection of him as a reflection that your right and i'm wrong when at the same time your slagging off Adam and Downing and them being chosen week in, week out in the starting team also.

Johnson was beaten multiple times. If you didn't see that, i don't care. I don't pull you up on not posting Glen was sh*te for 85 minutes of the full 90 and say your wrong. If you see him in a different light, fantastic. That's your prerogative. Not mine. I don't care.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1673: Nov 27, 2011 03:04:06 pm
      But crouch does with Johnson Ayrton,  I wouldn't mind because as you know I've questioned Kenny loads of times about Adam and Carroll etc but when Crouch seems to think Johnson is so sh*te defensively something he has said on numerous occasions and Kelly is so good. He obviously thinks Kenny is making a momentual mistake especially the way Kenny dropped Kelly for Johnson as soon as Johnson was fit.

No its not crouch your incapable of giving the lad praise, you obviously do care as you were taking it so personal when he scored the last day.

I dont continually say Adam or Downing are sh*te like you do I may criticise aspects of there game. Answer my question do you think Kenny and Clarke who rates Johnson highly as well are making a massive error picking Johnson over Kelly or are you just going to continue to dodge the question.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #1674: Nov 27, 2011 03:12:26 pm
      I said he produced magic to win the game you plonker. I stated my opinion and s@int agreed but you stick to nit picking my post because you don't like that i disagree.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1675: Nov 27, 2011 03:17:46 pm
      I dont give a sh*te you diasgree did I say anything to JD or dunlop it is just you go way over the top.

Again is there any chance you'll answer my question why you trying to dodge it
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #1676: Nov 27, 2011 03:27:30 pm
      Wtf am i dodging?

All you need to know has been said. Here it is in a nutshell.

I don't rate him defensively. He is good going forward. He has a sh*te cross. He gets caught out. Can't mark a winger. Doesn't stop crosses. Good pace and movement. Handy shot on him for a fullback.

There is my opinion if you didn't catch it the first 400 times.

Would i play Kelly ahead of him? Yes. Why? Because he adds more balance to the team.

Does that mean i don't support Kenny's decision? Every bit the opposite. I love Kenny and back his decision 100%. If he wants to pick Johnson, that's his choice and his opinion matters more than mine given he is the manager. Does that mean i can't think a different way? F**k yes i can think what i want.

If you need another transcript, i can send you a PM with 24 point bold Times New Roman text explaining my opinion once again. Or you can refer to this post every time you doubt what my opinion is on Glen Johnson.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #1677: Nov 27, 2011 03:29:38 pm
      So you thing Kenny is wrong and the way you go on about it you obviously think it is a massive mistake. Good to know for the future
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #1678: Nov 27, 2011 03:33:17 pm
      Does that mean i don't support Kenny's decision? Every bit the opposite. I love Kenny and back his decision 100%. If he wants to pick Johnson, that's his choice and his opinion matters more than mine given he is the manager. Does that mean i can't think a different way? F**k yes i can think what i want.

Do you understand now that i support Kenny's decision should he choose Johnson, Kelly, Flanno or whoever he sees fit?

Quick Reply