Trending Topics

Next match: v [] Thu 1st Jan @ 1:00 am

Today is the 1st of June and on this date LFC's match record is P6 W4 D2 L0

Robbie To Stay, or U.S.A. (or even Oz!) ?

Read 14035 times
      EddieC
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,557 posts | 233 
      Re: Robbie To Stay, or U.S.A.?
      Reply #23: Mar 09, 2007 10:59:06 am
      I'm a big fan of Robbie myself, but unfortunately he hasn't looked after his body as well as other pros & can't carry on at this level as long. I think he may well have one more season left in him, but that will be it max. Let him have his payday in the 'World Soccer Series' or whatever they call it, then possibly get him back on the coaching staff.
      chilledoutentertainer
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #24: Mar 11, 2007 05:46:03 pm
      My heart says stay, my head says go.

Can't chat about Fowler rationally.
      Belldiouf
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #25: Mar 12, 2007 02:12:54 am
      I love Fowler but I think if we do think rationally then we will realise it is time for him to move on. However from what ive hard of Voronin I know who id prefer. There was some talk of him heading to Australia and I love it if he plays in Sydney. Im afraid Sydney may get Sherringham instead
      tomarto
      • Forum Jason McAteer

• 143 posts |
      Reply #26: Mar 12, 2007 03:05:37 am
      i dont think he will get another contract but i do hope he stays part of this team  he loves with some part in the club coach or what ever he at least deserves that.
      mingles
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 128 posts |
      • GOD, THE NATION AND LIVERPOOL
      Reply #27: Mar 12, 2007 09:53:52 am
      Fowler was once a great player for us but i don't think he will fit into Rafa's plans for next seeason in view of all that money comming in.I think he's done his best for us and now is the best time to leave and continue someplace whre he will be guranteed games
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #28: Mar 12, 2007 10:19:46 am
      I know his time may be over, but I'd love to see him retire at Liverpool, a fitting end for such a phenomenal player. However it's still early for him to retire, so it's hard to see that happen.
      steven_gerrard_fan
      • Forum Youth Player

• 14 posts |
      Reply #29: Mar 13, 2007 12:54:25 pm
      I love Fowler but I think if we do think rationally then we will realise it is time for him to move on. However from what ive hard of Voronin I know who id prefer. There was some talk of him heading to Australia and I love it if he plays in Sydney. Im afraid Sydney may get Sherringham instead

I hope he does stay he's great.  But he hasn't really had much time to show if he's still got some left in him though.  And I do agree he hasn't taken care of himself as well as he should.  But, time always does catch up with us.  Many great memories... but it's time to think of the future, not what's in the past.  I hate to say he might be leaving.  :'(  One of my all time favourites.  I'll stop talking now.
      Belldiouf
      • Forum Youth Player

• 16 posts |
      Reply #30: Mar 14, 2007 05:18:14 am
      Im only new to this site but could somebody put out something completly obvious to most of you and tell me how to start my own topic. I have some interesting news from this side of the world regarding a feeder club and player Sydney Fc have on loan from liverpool.
      giddy76
      • Forum John Toshack

• 263 posts |
      Reply #31: Mar 14, 2007 01:36:05 pm
      I want him to stay *stamps feet like a child* If he goes, I'm gonna sulk forever... ;D.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #32: Mar 14, 2007 09:20:58 pm
      Im only new to this site but could somebody put out something completly obvious to most of you and tell me how to start my own topic. I have some interesting news from this side of the world regarding a feeder club and player Sydney Fc have on loan from liverpool.

I'd try to help you Belldiouf...been here for a while but I tried to post my first thread yesterday and for some reason it's gone to forum/site news and feedback and no ones read it....so I guess I'm no help to you ???....good luck :action-smiley-057:
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #33: Mar 14, 2007 09:23:19 pm
      I want him to stay *stamps feet like a child* If he goes, I'm gonna sulk forever... ;D.
      Hi Gids, where you been hiding then ?  Nice to see your name on here again, how are you these days,   hope your feeling a whole lot better  :action-smiley-065:   ;D ;D
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #34: Mar 14, 2007 09:33:13 pm

welcome mate, I was in Sydney airport twice last year for a few hours but still found the teams footy shirt. I couldn't resist buying it and boy do I get strange looks when playing in it. (not down to my playing ability may I add)
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      Reply #35: Mar 14, 2007 09:42:59 pm
      welcome mate, I was in Sydney airport twice last year for a few hours but still found the teams footy shirt. I couldn't resist buying it and boy do I get strange looks when playing in it. (not down to my playing ability may I add)

mr tommo...what were you doing loitering around Sydney airport mate, you should have come to Melbourne....and bought our kit....we just won the Championship...maybe I'll send you one ;)
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #36: Mar 14, 2007 09:46:00 pm
      mr tommo...what were you doing loitering around Sydney airport mate, you should have come to Melbourne....and bought our kit....we just won the Championship...maybe I'll send you one ;)

I'll hold you to that !!
      I did a suprise visit to my friend in New Zealand in September and we had to change both ways at Sydney.
      He lives in Hastings, Hawkes Bay. - Fantastic scenery, people and wine !!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      Reply #37: Mar 14, 2007 09:48:10 pm
      I'll hold you to that !!
      I did a suprise visit to my friend in New Zealand in September and we had to change both ways at Sydney.

next time you do that mate, feel free to drop in to Melbourne....I'll look afte you mate :food-smiley-005: :food-smiley-005: :food-smiley-005: :cool-smiley-027:
      Venison 86
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,157 posts | 205 
      Reply #38: Mar 14, 2007 09:48:18 pm
      A Bit like Chelsea then? oh no thats full of Whining people
      smigger15
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,421 posts | 284 
      • YNWA - JFT96
      Reply #39: Mar 14, 2007 09:49:21 pm
      I think when AussieRed comes over, we should celebrate football in the only way we know how, take him out on the p*ss !!   ;D
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #40: Mar 14, 2007 09:52:54 pm

next time you do that mate, feel free to drop in to Melbourne....I'll look afte you mate :food-smiley-005: :food-smiley-005: :food-smiley-005: :cool-smiley-027:

might be as soon as early next year mate.
      looking into doing the trip again, but this time stopping in Aussie. Melbourne is just south of Sydney ?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      Reply #41: Mar 14, 2007 09:54:55 pm
      I think when AussieRed comes over, we should celebrate football in the only way we know how, take him out on the p*ss !!   ;D

sounds like a quality idea....as soon as I know flight details i'll let you know...although October 2008 is still a bit far off at the moment. What's it like there in Oct.....doesn't really matter because drinking weather is all year round but just want to know for my familys sake.....I'll have to leave them somewhere decent....whilst we go out on the piss ;D
      mrtommo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,890 posts | 168 
      Reply #42: Mar 14, 2007 10:35:02 pm

sounds like a quality idea....as soon as I know flight details I'll let you know...although October 2008 is still a bit far off at the moment. What's it like there in Oct.....doesn't really matter because drinking weather is all year round but just want to know for my familys sake.....I'll have to leave them somewhere decent....whilst we go out on the piss ;D

it's F'in freezing mate compared to the weather your used to !!!!
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      Reply #43: Mar 14, 2007 11:17:23 pm
      it's F'in freezing mate compared to the weather your used to !!!!

great...oh well just bring xtra clothes for the kids and missus.....and I'll just have to have a few more Johnnie Walker reds :food-smiley-005:
      Rafa La Bamba
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,895 posts | -157 
      • In Rafa We Trust
      Reply #44: Mar 14, 2007 11:51:38 pm

great...oh well just bring xtra clothes for the kids and missus.....and I'll just have to have a few more Johnnie Walker reds :food-smiley-005:

Don't come, how about we go down under to you? ;) ;D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,886 posts | 6818 
      Reply #45: Mar 14, 2007 11:54:10 pm
      Don't come, how about we go down under to you? ;) ;D

no worries ra ra rafa, just tell LFC to do a pre season here instead of the states and while you're at it can u bring old Big Ears No:5 and 6 down under for a tour starting at my place ;)

Quick Reply