Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Wolves [Premier League] Sun 19th May @ 4:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 17th of May and on this date LFC's match record is P14 W7 D4 L3

Matias De Federico (Club Atlético Huracán)

Read 5952 times
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      • Heart As Big As Liverpool
      Matias De Federico (Club Atlético Huracán)
      Jun 30, 2009 05:18:16 pm
      Liverpool linked with De Federico
      Liverpool are believed to be monitoring the progress of Argentine starlet Matias De Federico.

The diminutive 19-year-old forward has netted five league goals in 29 appearances for Huracan since making his professional debut in 2007.

But it has been in this year's Clausura championship that the starlet has established himself as a regular alongside fellow prodigy Javier Pastore (pictured with De Federico) as Los Quemeros have emerged as surprise table-toppers with one game remaining.

And De Federico - who is thought to be considered the 'New Messi' -  recently impressed national team boss and national icon Diego Maradona on his international debut, netting a spectacular goal in a 3-1 friendly win against Panama.

His form has inevitably led to speculation surrounding his future in South America, with Anfield boss Rafael Benitez believed to be a keen admirer of the teenage talent.

And De Federico has revealed his admiration for the Premier League, adding that his style of play should be highly effective on English shores.

"I like to watch the English Premier League, it is very fast and I think that it would suit my speed well," he said, as reported by Sport.co.uk

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/england/33326/default.aspx

This kid is very good, don't know about the new Messi but this kid does have some talent.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Re: Matias De Federico (Club Atlético Huracán)
      Reply #1: Jun 30, 2009 05:27:10 pm
      Were have you seen him play, mate?
      Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #2: Jun 30, 2009 10:05:41 pm
      Another "New Messi" when we haven't seen enough of the "old" Messi yet!

Never seen him play, or even heard of him, but if he's got talent then sign him up. Any player could improve in the EPL, the quality is so high.
      robbyr
      • The king of randomness and highly intellectual debate
      • Banned

• 2,684 posts | 27 
      Reply #3: Jun 30, 2009 11:55:36 pm
      We really should invest in youngsters as the English and established stars cost far too much now Madrid and City have gone mad.
      redsonfire

• 5,660 posts | 111 
      • 96 Candles Burn Bright
      Reply #4: Jul 01, 2009 01:13:58 pm
      Young stars are to be invested and if this guy is dubbed the new Messi, then he has talent and good potential. Get him, its going to save us millions in the future.

But these stars need to be groomed well by top quality coaches who know how to turn them from stones into diamonds, unfortuantely for the past 10 years our coaches have not been producing the results. This needs some sorting out.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #5: Jul 02, 2009 10:07:13 am
      Watched a few videos of him on youtube (i know they only show the best parts of players) but the balls sticks to his feet like glue, exactly what messi is like. Wouldn't mind him signing for no more than £7m.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #6: Jul 02, 2009 03:40:43 pm
      We still have Bruna... I don't think we can handle another new Messi :-\
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #7: Jul 02, 2009 04:37:30 pm
      Were have you seen him play, mate?

On TV :p

We get good coverage of the Argentina league so I see a few of these guys play every now and then. Also there are reports and such which usally have analysis on players and from what I here this kid is highly touted.
      mormarijn
      • Forum Markus Babbel

• 74 posts |
      Reply #8: Jul 05, 2009 01:25:38 pm
      Although we have Bruna, we really could use De Federico as well. If Bruna or De Federico flops, we still have the other youngster! If they both flop then we have to look for some new young talent.  :f_doh:
      Thor
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #9: Jul 11, 2009 10:34:26 pm
      I really liked how his team Huracan played last season. They played very entertaining and had a lot of young guns - simply a great team to watch. They finished second in league as they lost the last game to winners Velez Sarsfield.

De Federico usually played on the right wing and cut inside the pitch. That's why they compare him to Messi, same position and also same style. Obviously De Fedrico isn't as good as Messi, but I think he has a great future a head of him.

Even though I must add that the most exciting talent in Huracan and actually, in my opinion, in the entire South America, is De Federico's team mate Javier Pastore. He recently signed a 5 year deal with Serie A side Palermo and he's definitely one to watch out for!

Pastore turned down many bigger clubs as he wants to play every game. Probably a wise decision, he doesn't have to stress his development.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #10: Aug 14, 2009 07:46:17 pm
      Corinthians capture De Federico
      Argentine starlet Matias De Federico has agreed a deal with Brazilian side Corinthians, according to reports in Brazil.

The diminutive 19-year-old forward has netted five league goals for Huracan since making his professional debut in 2007.

But it was in the recent Argentine Clausura championship that the starlet established himself as a regular alongside fellow prodigy Javier Pastore as Los Quemeros emerged as surprise table-toppers, only to be pipped at the post for the title by Velez Sarsfield.

De Federico - who has been labelled the 'New Messi' - recently impressed national team boss and national icon Diego Maradona on his international debut, netting a spectacular goal in a 3-1 friendly win against Panama.

But despite reports linking the teen sensation with moves to both Liverpool and Tottenham Hotspur, Brazilian giants Corinthians are set to win the race for the starlet's services, according to newspaper Lance.

The report claims that De Federico is currently awaiting the return of Corinthians president Andres Sanchez, who is travelling back from watching Brazil's friendly win in Estonia, to finalise the deal.

But Corinthians coach Mano Menezes has already expressed his delight at luring the Argentine prodigy across the border.

"De Federico is a left-footed midfielder, a very good player with lots of quality with the ball at his feet," he said.

"He can work in a similar formation to the one we have, but there can also be variations because he is a quality player.

"We have looked in the Argentine market because it is a market of very high quality."

http://fourfourtwo.com/news/southamerica/35123/default.aspx
      johnstop
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,745 posts | 23 
      Reply #11: Aug 14, 2009 07:56:23 pm
      How many young players with potential have past through the Gates of the Academy in the last 10 years but not made it into the first team and do we need any more.
      adammac
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 4,762 posts | 239 
      Reply #12: Aug 14, 2009 08:08:03 pm
      How many young players with potential have past through the Gates of the Academy in the last 10 years but not made it into the first team and do we need any more.

Just think of the young players alone that Rafa has bought to the club which never worked out.

Scott Carson, Antonio Barragan, Miki Roque, Jack Hobbs, Besian Idrizaj, Paul Anderson, David Martin, Gabriel Paletta, Nabil El Zhar, Jordy Brouwer. Francisco Durán, Krisztián Németh, Mikel San José, Sebastian Leto, Goodwin Antwi, Emiliano Insúa, David N'Gog, Damien Plessis

Out of those 18 only Insua is a real first team player right now with El Zhar, Plessis and N'Gog on the fringe
      number7
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 803 posts |
      Reply #13: Aug 14, 2009 08:13:51 pm
      Corinthians? Aren't they the club where Tevez used to play for?

Hmmm....if it's true, it could be some dodgy business dealings like Tevez all over again here. I wonder if he's really owned by the club and not some MSI-look-a-like financial institution.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #14: Aug 14, 2009 08:16:06 pm
      Never heard of him but seeing as he has been dubbed the new Messi I'm not interested because we are still yet to see anything of the current youngster we signed who is meant to be the next Messi.
      Oldred
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,230 posts | 87 
      Reply #15: Aug 14, 2009 08:30:55 pm
      Someone else I've never heard of (I wonder if Rafa has either) being linked with LFC.

I'm fed up with all this now.

Roll on 1st September. :mad:
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #16: Aug 15, 2009 06:55:11 am
      Locked then. Thanks adammac.

Quick Reply